Search found 98 matches

Return

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

lol at people complaining about a free forum.
by Mic
Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

gold dust is the worst performer IMO. should never been given the numerous chances that he has been given.

Hilarious. :lol: about 2 days later he's a champion. Your posts do amuse me. You must be a teenager, his body of work in the NWA was excellent and the WWF signing him was one of the major signings of the 90s and a big part of the turning point that gave Vince the control of wrestling. Not sure if there is much point in trying to explain territories and so forth but Goldy deserves every opportunity he is given. He is the son of the American Dream and helped VKM realize his American dream.
Congrats to Shattered Dreams another bona fide worker.

Just because he's a 'champion' (of the incredibly prestigious tag-team title!), doesn't mean he's a greater worker. Even Great Khali was World Champion!
Goldust was a mid-carder at best during the Attitude era, hardly a big part in the WWE/WCW war.
by Mic
Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

RustyCage wrote:It's a shame to see Swann get smacked around :p

Devastating even.

What I'm liking about this match is that the Aussies are continuing the momentum - something we have struggled with in the past couple of series.
by Mic
Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MEMBERSHIPS SEASON 2014

I've also noticed that the Adelaide Crows General Admission, Silver, Gold and Essentials memberships are quoted as offering entry into all AFC State League (SANFL) games free.
Disgraceful if true.

It is true. And disgraceful.

As the head of the Alice Springs football once said to me when I asked about the number of spectators that come to games in Alice in the boots of cars and through un-authorised "gaps" in the fence, "We might not get them when they come through the gate, but by Christ we get them when they go to the bar and canteen...."

Who cares is Crows supporters get in for nix it's money the clubs don't see directly, our clubs will "profit" once they start buying food and drink.

So we should just make SANFL games free then?
by Mic
Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

We were never this bad in our past few Ashes series losses. Superb stuff from England! :lol:
by Mic
Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Talking about the Royal Rumble (defintiley one of my favourite PPV's of the year) JR said the following in an article I just read.

"Hmmm, what if the winner of the Royal Rumble decided to challenge the Undertaker at WrestleMania in New Orleans and not the WWE World Champion? Then February's PPV could determine the Title challenger in some sort of competition that is culminated in that one night on PPV? Hey, it's just an idea."

I know the championship is the be all end all in the business, but facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania is one of life's great privelages and rarities, hence why I love JR's idea of the winner of the RR to face the deadman at WM so much. It would be something unique and would allow WWE to change things up a bit.

It wouldn't make much sense, surely the title is most important.
by Mic
Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:Just watched Final Resolution. Good show just an absolute shame they are back in Florida. Shit venue, shit crowd and will make life real tough for TNA to prosper moving forward. :(

Good to see Chavo finish up. Looking forward to working with him in the near future 8)

TNA will never go forward.
by Mic
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

By name the Magpies still exist, but that's it. As a club, they're dead. Port have finally achieved the 'one club' concept, because all Port really is now is the Power.
by Mic
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it is looking more Kane vs PUNK at mania, after the end of smackdown

Don't miss the Real American v usos match with Zeb colter bit. :D

Nah, Kane doesn't belong in the major matches.

On Daniel Bryan, I thought this was a good article, titled "Do The Right Thing" written by Mark Madden:

"The fans of Daniel Bryan took over Raw again this week, delivering another spectacle of YES! WWE is lucky. It’s not too late to do the right thing.
But will they?
WWE must have Daniel Bryan beat Randy Orton for the WWE world title at the end of WrestleMania, going off the air with the entire New Orleans Superdome turning into an army of YES! There’s no other option. What would work better? The path doesn’t matter. Bryan with the strap must be the end result.
WWE tried its best to minimize Bryan. They beat him. Insulted him. Emphasized his weaknesses. Made him look foolish. Tried to use him to build performers who fit their preferred profile. It didn’t work. At all. The fans won’t back off. They don’t see him as a B-plus wrestler. He’s their guy. YES! YES! YES!
What’s manufactured usually doesn’t beat what’s organic. This is no exception. As a bonus, YES! is crossing over into the mainstream. Bryan is somehow creating an Austin-like frenzy in a PG-13 environment.
WWE can’t defeat Bryan. So, finally…WWE needs to embrace Bryan.
WrestleMania is about giving the fans what they want. About sending the fans home happy. About providing “WrestleMania moments.”
The family probably thinks Undertaker winning (yawn) provides a “WrestleMania moment.” Or that baby oil on Randy Orton’s pecs provides a “WrestleMania moment.” Or that Triple H wrestling (double yawn) provides a “WrestleMania moment.” Or that Hulk Hogan limping (ZZZZZzzzzz…) provides a “WrestleMania moment.” Brock Lesnar? John Cena? Paul Heyman? Batista jumping to the front of the line? (Which is what’s going to happen.)
If VKM believes any of that matters, I’m afraid I’ve got some BAD NEWS.
One thing works: Daniel Bryan wins the WWE world title. For keeps, or at least for the foreseeable future. No screw jobs. No Dusty finish. LEGIT.
Trust your eyes. Trust your ears. Consider what we’ve witnessed and tell me what WWE could invent that works better than Daniel Bryan winning the WWE title and the subsequent reaction. Now THAT is a “WrestleMania moment.”
Don’t be concerned with the future. Don’t worry about the glory of Roman Reigns (double ZZZZZzzzzz…) or the split of The Shield or Ryback getting psychiatric counseling. That’s later. Daniel Bryan is now. Now more than ever.
This is a big test for WWE. The path is SO CLEAR. “The fans choose.” We’ve heard that before, right? Well, the fans have chosen. WWE can give the people what they want, or jam their boring, stubborn vision down their throats yet again.
But, as a consumer, realize this: If WWE doesn’t give you what you want in this, the most obvious of situations, they will probably never give you what you want. That being the case, there is only one answer you can give when it comes to subscribing to the new WWE Network:
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! "
by Mic
Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vince must be punishing fans for booing Cena for the past 8 years.

Never seen an internet reaction to a show like this before. Despite losing cleanly in the (excellent) opening match of this PPV, Bryan will be an even bigger star now.
by Mic
Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

The Crows are not our state side and therefore should not be wearing our state guernsey.
by Mic
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a shame the 2 AFL reserves sides entering the SANFL didn't get the same response as this (comparatively small) issue. :(
by Mic
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide's nonstop crises are a bad look and bad outcome for SA footy.

The brand of footy gets hurt in the corporate market.

What the Crows are doing is bringing that price down and in many ways it's devaluing the product.

Seeing them like this at the moment does no-one no good at all.

My point is, it does none of us any good to see the Adelaide Football Club in this way.

It puts pressure on SA football.

It's good fun though. :D
by Mic
Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide @ Prospect (Sun 6/4)

Never have I been less excited about the start of footy season. Maybe in Round 2, when we play a real SANFL club, it will be different.

With a new look North side and a new opposition team, who knows what to expect.
by Mic
Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

The atmosphere was poor on Sunday with the crowd all cheering for the same team. It was like a Crows (AFL) game.
by Mic
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - North v South Post Game

I was very impressed with South today, and very unimpressed with North.
by Mic
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Damn you Glenelg! SANFL 3 - AFL 1.
by Mic
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It has been a big week.

Thought Wrestlemania was pretty good overall.
The stage/stadium set-up looked awesome as it usually does for the big show.
While it was memorable to see Hogan, Austin and the Rock in the ring together, nothing they did or said was memorable in the opening segment.
HHH vs Bryan was a good match to start off.
The 30-man battle royal was probably the best battle royal I've seen (battle royals normally suck). Great finish for the surprise win.
It was a shame that The Shield were put in a squash match against 3 over-the-hill blokes. At least the Shield still haven't broken up.
Cena struggled in his match as I thought he would, with his typical awful acting. It didn't make any sense for Wyatt to lose. Worst match of the show.
The streak ending was a huge shock, especially after such a uninteresting build-up. The crowd's stunned reaction was awesome. Perhaps, in hindsight, it wasn't such a huge shock that Undertaker chose Brock to end the streak. Taker is a big UFC fan and obviously respects Brock's professional fighting abilities/accomplishments. I see this resulting in the Undertaker's retirement match at Wrestlemania 31, perhaps in a rematch.
The divas match was well set-out and was watchable. Can't say that about many Wrestlemania divas matches in the past!
Main event was very good with all 3, even Batista, working hard. The right result; like Wrestlemania 10 and 20 the highly-talented/hard-working wrestler won the gold.

How good was Heymen's promo on Raw? Best in the business on the mic. Cesaro joining Heymen was a shock as I thought he'd turn very soon. Good episode of Raw.

Eric Young winning the TNA title is surely another nail in the coffin of that company. It is baffling that the promotion is still going.

Warrior's death was a shock. He didn't look overly healthy during his Wrestlemania and Raw appearances (I haven't watched the HOF ceremony yet), but I thought maybe it was just emotions. A shame that yet another wrestler has passed. Saw a photo of an old Nintendo WWF game with Hogan, Big Bossman, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior and Andre on the cover; only one of them are still alive!
by Mic
Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Glenelg v Adelaide @ Gilderol (Fri N 25/4)

LPH wrote:Looking forward to this game & 'catching up' with The Snouts :D
Will be interesting how many turn up - Tex back for the Cows could see 5000+

It will be a sellout...
by Mic
Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

It was quite interesting how Port got their reserves side into the SANFL. All the focus and members info nights last year were about the Crows reserves. Power got their reserves team in very quietly soon afterward the Crows did. With their current set-up, getting home games at Alberton and not having to pay the other 8 clubs anything like the Crows do, the SANFL gave Power a very good deal.
by Mic
Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - North v Sturt Post Game

North supporters have been suffering a lot longer!
by Mic
Sat May 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

Booney wrote:Another good "on track" Magpies game preview/review thread!

I never expected anything less though.

Bring back the proper Magpies, then it will stop.
by Mic
Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham (Sun 25/5)

Doesn't matter what day it's played, it won't draw more than 50 Crows supporters. :?
by Mic
Sat May 24, 2014 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Central v Adelaide - Post Game

Centrals are the 1st 'no voting' club to beat the Crows.
by Mic
Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like Brock as champion. The fact that he's a part-timer makes him a special attraction. They can use Heyman to cut promos when he's not at TV takings. Far better than Cena coming out and doing the same garbage every week.
by Mic
Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having AFL reserves sides playing in SANFL finals in which winning is not their 1st priority.
Having AFL reserves sides playing in the SANFL for no premiership points or finals.
Both equally farcical.
by Mic
Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9

First ever final for the Power reserves.

Really hope Norwood win.
by Mic
Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2nd Semi Final - Port v Norwood @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9

Both teams would be happy about yesterday's game as their number 1 priorities were reached. Norwood got one step closer to a SANFL premiership, and the Power reserves gave their players a decent run in preparation for their AFL team possibly playing in the finals next week.
by Mic
Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Work. **** me. The serious crap that seems to be coming my way is just great.

The place gives me the shits. But that I can deal with. What I am finding hard is when I get home I cant seem to leave it a t work, it's on my mind and I keep thinking about the next day. And that is the hardest thing to deal with.

I would be interested to hear who ohers deal with this.

Red wine.
by Mic
Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

Full credit to Port, with a new coach and a very new team, to go from a struggling 6th last year to comfortably making it to the Grand Final this year is a great achievement. Port fans should be proud. :roll:
by Mic
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

kickinit wrote:Does that make you happy Dedja? Hope your picking Norwood next week. With how smart you are, one would think you would get all your tips right

you're :)
by Mic
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

I invite Hocking to look at the scoreboard.
by Mic
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

We exist to give our AFL-listed players a run.
by Mic
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nothing was achieved by the Rock's appearance, apart from maybe a small ratings spike. He made look Rusov look ordinary, even before Cena gets to him. He also made the rest of the roster look ordinary, reminding audiences how much more charismatic he is than any other current WWE talent.
by Mic
Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Not getting any sort of acknowledgement when letting someone into traffic. That really grinds my gears.

I hate getting acknowledgement - I don't need to be thanked for putting my foot on my brake for an extra few seconds.

Is it therefore safe to assume you don't acknowledge anyone who does something similar for you on the road?

I do as I know it's such a big deal with Adelaide's drivers. Just another way I give myself the sh1ts.
by Mic
Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wedding Venue

Our wedding at Longview 2 weeks ago was perfect. Was a 28 degree day with a cloudless sky. All our guests seemed very impressed by the venue, inside and outside. We had cocktail service, the food was excellent (and more than enough), and the wine and beer was superb (we got the premium drinks package).
by Mic
Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

Younie fits in perfectly at that club.
by Mic
Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I haven't listened to it, but did Rowey or Bicks pick him up on that???

I doubt they battered an eye to it

No. Moved straight onto the next question, regarding pulling* the sub at AFL level...

Which is almost as bad as the comment itself, shows how desensitised the media are about the SANFL now, 5AA don't have any SANFL content anymore

The SANFL is called the State League now apparently.
by Mic
Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

8-team comp. Each team plays the other 3 times. 21 rounds. Perfect.
by Mic
Sun May 31, 2015 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Port v Adelaide - Sunday 28 June @ Alberton

I have difficulty understanding why the SANFL pays roughly a million dollars for its television coverage, and then televises games that have no SANFL clubs.
by Mic
Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any one else having issues logging onto SANFL web site?

PhilH wrote:Have tried from laptop & tablet with different internet connections but nothing comes up.

Just want to see if issue is mine or if web site is down.

Seems to be down.
by Mic
Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MMA - UFC, Strikeforce, etc.

Rousey in 34 seconds. :shock:

I have always hated her but she is the best in the world and at a level like no other. Simply have to be in awe of her mixed skill set.

Very nice touch to dedicate it "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. It's not at easy to hate someone when they perform and show class. Credit where it is due. 8)

I've always been a fan. Amazing that her 36-second fight today lasted longer than her previous 2 title defences combined.
by Mic
Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Round 17b

RustyCage wrote:Go you Magpies!

But Collingwood lost tonight. :?
by Mic
Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MMA - UFC, Strikeforce, etc.

Was at the show and it was awesome, the crowd went nuts! Just got a photo with Robert Whittaker at the Crown too. The weigh-ins, Q&As and fan access area yesterday were all really well done.

Rousey was behaving strangely at the weigh-ins and also at today's 'referee's instructions', especially when there was no beef/issue between the 2. Holly was incredibly calm through it all, and never looked like losing.

Etihad was far from sold out, but we still broke the UFC attendance record.
by Mic
Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Port

The Dark Knight wrote:The last time Port won at the parade in the league was in 2007, is that right?

Power Reserves have never won at the Parade.
by Mic
Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2: Adelaide v Port - Sunday 3 April @ Mannum Oval

I still think Power reserves and Crows reserves should just play each other every week around the state.

Leave the SANFL as an 8-team competition in which each team plays the others 3 times.

Perfect.
by Mic
Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

17 is only 1 less than an on-field playing side. Why even bother?
by Mic
Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 4

Why is the SANFL's money that they pay to get TV coverage on Channel 7 being used to televise a Crows Reserves vs Power Reserves game? :roll:
by Mic
Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13

Spargo wrote:Didn't a crows supporter complain to said security guard?

There would need to be a Crows supporter at the game for that to happen.
by Mic
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Finals Week 3- Preliminary Final Week.

JK wrote:Urgh this won't be easy .. Well done Sturt, fantastic side and great win again. Gives the neutrals the preferred GF matchup too

A preferred matchup would be between 2 SANFL clubs.
by Mic
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |