Search found more than 2096 matches

Return

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Finish work in a couple of hours, footy trial tonight then 7am tomorrow morning in the car and heading to the West Coast for a week
by Dutchy
Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakistan/Australia series

Anyone feel we have lost our killer instinct since Langer left?
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1, 2022 - Tips, banter & results.

oh dear, Tommy in real trouble now :shock:
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Release the Hornet 8)
by Dutchy
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Have I missed the review? ;)
by Dutchy
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Charity Ambrose Golf Day tomorrow with 3 mates, beers before tee off at 9am :D
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

MW wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
MW wrote:One of my best mates passing away to brain cancer at 47 :(
Fought so hard for many years, now at peace :(

Initials GT?

Yep

I know his brother well, very sad :(
by Dutchy
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - 2022

Nice flag tonight Spargo! 8)
by Dutchy
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I feel your sentiments, it's even worse being your own club doing it.

Whenever I go and watch my kids play I find the most isolated spot and set up camp there, I applaud good efforts from either side and the only time I even say anything is if I'm trying to tell my kid to reposition themselves if they're playing footy or I'll use some sort of sign language if they are batting or bowling for a bit of advice, they generally look over towards me when they're doing either as they know I'll see something from afar they might help them.

Now Im not coaching my kids anymore I do the same, its been very enjoyable.

Speaking of giving me the shits, both boys have moved clubs to teams that both have green in their jumper, never been able to get used to having green in footy :YMSICK:
by Dutchy
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Wedgie wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Got me also, at least by next Monday we are done as a family for 3 months

Bit harsh quitting the family for 3 months just because of Covid! :lol:

Im telling you that after 24 hours, this might just happen!
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Oscars

Everyone is picking sides here, to me both acted like dickheads and have to share the blame.
by Dutchy
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Love it, they have done is superbly, cost us $30 each out of pocket and walked out with 2 bottles of their good stuff
by Dutchy
Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shane Warne dead!

Pure gold, 5 mins of commentary and no cricket discussed! :lol:

by Dutchy
Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shane Warne dead!

If Sam had just said "I hope someone impounded his phone" and then moved onto another subject that would have been OK, didn't need to expand on it IMO.
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakistan/Australia series

Jim05 wrote:Lol, that missed the bat by a foot

Thats why the review is there, not for marginal LBWs
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

Glenelg were $21 in 2019...
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 - 2022

Not usually an umpire basher, but those 2 deliberates against Port in the last 10 mins were shocking calls, no way were the players trying to kick it out

They have NFI, further proof why the SANFL last possie rule needs to be implemented. Would of yielded the same result granted but atleast it won't infuriate the fans.

Spot on
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 - 2022

Matt Hill calling the Richmond/Saints game 8)
by Dutchy
Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Womens Cricket

Mrs Starc? How about Mr Healy! :lol:

Congrats to the Girls, women's cricket continues to break new ground and seems to improve every year, easily my favourite women's sport. While I know they now get paid well, there is still a grassroots feel about the way they compete.
by Dutchy
Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:I've heard OLA is better but haven't tried them, I'm tempted to go back to taxis despite my EXCEPTIONAL UBER RATING AS ALREADY MENTIONED in my initial post. ;)

OLA is the same drivers, but is cheaper
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Ben Cunnington back on the track
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Masters Golf

My stable, invested $100 -

Collin Morikawa
$35.00 to win $1,015.00

Tony Finau
$15.00 to win $1,035.00

Sung-Jae Im
$10.00 to win $890.00

Marc Leishman
$10.00 to win $940.00

Tommy Fleetwood
$15.00 to win $1,485.00

Robert MacIntyre
$10.00 to win $1,990.00

Kevin Na
$5.00 to win $1,595.00
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#1 son playing his first game of senior footy tomorrow, always had doubts whether he would continue with footy after his junior days, rapt that he is.
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#1 son playing his first game of senior footy tomorrow, always had doubts whether he would continue with footy after his junior days, rapt that he is.

Who is he playing for Dutchy?

Ironbank - has really enjoyed the coaching from Noodles, Johncock, Ladhams etc

Unfortunately I wont get to see his game tomorrow, but will in R2
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Channel 7 saying the RMFL have banned the bloke who recorded it from attending games.

That's pretty ******, in my opinion.

Especially considering they likely used that very footage to dole out the suspension to the Meningie bloke.

Not really, it stops unlicensed parasites trying to make money for free off the leagues.

I think you'll find a lot of leagues have something similar in place nowadays.

Very similar to the permits given by the AFL to be able to write anything about the AFL. It's all about protecting the brand.

So are leagues going to ask for the crowds to leave their phones at the gate? :roll:
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Easter weekend in Clare, golf on Friday in perfect weather, fairways a bit patchy but greens perfect - great day out away from the wives who hit the wineries. Headed to the Bentley for a few beers and to watch the footy only to find out they (and all 3 pubs in Clare) dont have Foxtel :roll: so ended up punting and drinking and stayed for dinner. Saturday we headed to the Easter Races, for $53 we got a seat and table on their deck overlooking the finish line along with a 2 course lunch which was restuarant quality, considering GA was $35 we thought it was a pretty good deal! Can highly recommend the races, especially if you are a single male under 25 :shock: holy cow! eyes popping out of my head all day. Great crowd, kept an eye out for you at the BSR bar whuffer but didnt see you. Headed into town afterwards and went to the rooftop bar at Seed, great pizza's and gin to finish off the day, getting a cab was problematic with the pubs going nuts!

Sunday we headed to O'Leary Walker for lunch and its easily the best meal Ive had for a couple of years, share platters or Chicken, Barramundi, Roast Pork, Pumpkin Curry, Dumplings and a desert - highly recommended, then went to a couple of wineries and ended up at the Taminga for a drink and walk across their sticky floors from the night before (despite them already been cleaned!)

Great weekend and enjoyed spending some time in a area Ive driven through a lot but I haven't stayed in.
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Easter weekend in Clare, golf on Friday in perfect weather, fairways a bit patchy but greens perfect - great day out away from the wives who hit the wineries. Headed to the Bentley for a few beers and to watch the footy only to find out they (and all 3 pubs in Clare) dont have Foxtel :roll: so ended up punting and drinking and stayed for dinner. Saturday we headed to the Easter Races, for $53 we got a seat and table on their deck overlooking the finish line along with a 2 course lunch which was restuarant quality, considering GA was $35 we thought it was a pretty good deal! Can highly recommend the races, especially if you are a single male under 25 :shock: holy cow! eyes popping out of my head all day. Great crowd, kept an eye out for you at the BSR bar whuffer but didnt see you. Headed into town afterwards and went to the rooftop bar at Seed, great pizza's and gin to finish off the day, getting a cab was problematic with the pubs going nuts!

Sunday we headed to O'Leary Walker for lunch and its easily the best meal Ive had for a couple of years, share platters or Chicken, Barramundi, Roast Pork, Pumpkin Curry, Dumplings and a desert - highly recommended, then went to a couple of wineries and ended up at the Taminga for a drink and walk across their sticky floors from the night before (despite them already been cleaned!)

Great weekend and enjoyed spending some time in a area Ive driven through a lot but I haven't stayed in.

Great to hear you had a good weekend up hear. I didn't realise the Bentleys didn't have Foxtel......they have new owners as of a month ago so maybe its changed. Sadly the pubs aren't the greatest up here. If the pubs up here improved it would make the region a number 1 destination for footy trips etc.

Its definitely the biggest day out for the sheilas in the region. The quality of females in the region is absolutely outstanding and as a general rule most are really good down to earth country chicks as well. :lol: :lol:

Yeah didn't end up doing the bar as the kids decided to come up for the weekend so didn't make it to the races.

O'Learys is bloody amazing, good mates with the chef, he used to work at Sevenhill which won numerous national dining awards under his knife. If you ever get a chance head to the Sevenhill Hotel and dine in their cellar (don't confuse this with the Sevenhill Winery Cellars) most amazing room I have seen in SA.

Yep popped into Sevenhill and Watervale pubs for a look, will be on the to do list next year.

Bentley's did say they just changed ownership, all the staff on Good Friday came up from Salisbury so they could open! When finding out they didnt have Foxtel I suggested they should take down the "See every game live" Fox Footy poster down that was near the TAB area :roll: apparently the new owners got rid of it recently. The Taminga owner is new also and indicated all 3 pubs have new owners.

I was going to ask the BSR crew where Beer Drop was, but wasn't sure if that nickname had made it to Clare or not!
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Enjoyable night down at Myponga Sat night and a big win to the home team, seem very well structured and ready to climb the ladder.

by Dutchy
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2022

Adelaide announce she is leaving at 7.50am, Port announce her signing at 7.55am - quite obviously both clubs agreed upon this strategy with scheduled announcements, all seems quite reasonable to me
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Good deal, will grab a few of those.

Had a hit at Blackwood this morning, 56 on the front, including a 3 hole stretch of 9,9,8 :oops: thankfully got my shit back together and a sound 45 on the back 9 made me a lot happier than I was.
by Dutchy
Sun May 01, 2022 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cost of living is a 20x much bigger issue that interest rates going up
by Dutchy
Wed May 04, 2022 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 Port Reserves vs Eagles Alberton Saturday 2:10

MJP1993 wrote:Watching on the pass but it’s showing last weeks highlights

Glad it wasn't just me, website says we are 6 min into the 3rd 1/4 and no vision :roll: :evil:
by Dutchy
Sat May 07, 2022 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 Sturt vs Dogs Wigan Oval Sunday 2:10

PS. saw Aiden Grace comments......what a wanker.

His been at the club two minutes and thinks he can tell the fans there not true supporters. Most of those blokes posting did it tough for 30 odd years before our first premiership and they haven't seen a worse side than the current one. Him telling the fans 'you're all not true supporters' is bloody rich.

And now we have Paul Thomas responding to posts as well but not really in a constructive manner. Surely his been in the game long enough to know that when results like this year happen people are going to ask questions or be critical. To be fair the comments aren't even that bad other than 'the team has gone backwards', 'is Thomas the right man', 'Thommo isn't the right man'. I wouldn't call them completely unfair comments given the circumstances.

Yeah thats not a great look, good intentions but they are taking their eye off the ball if they are doing that
by Dutchy
Mon May 09, 2022 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Dunno much about it so will wait until he returns to report on it, but it used to be for troubled teens but they have expanded it so schools can nominate kids who they believe will benefit, small group of 10 from his school have gone up.

Not sure where the funding for it comes from, we just had to get him decked out to walk 100kms over the week, they supply the backpack, food, support etc, they even supply a new sleeping bag and he gets to keep it.
by Dutchy
Wed May 11, 2022 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

What a star Bec Daniher is, amazing support of her Dad and the MND campaign
by Dutchy
Wed May 11, 2022 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More than happy to have a slab or more with anyone that thinks JHF will be anywhere other than NM in 2024
by Dutchy
Wed May 11, 2022 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How about those mind numbing ads "Libs tell fibs" :roll:

Really is a leadership vacuum in all side of politics atm
by Dutchy
Wed May 18, 2022 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

It needs to be $10k for the remainder of 2022, then another $10k per year that they get contracted for after that.

A once off $10k is nothing if its someone you have brought from interstate to play
by Dutchy
Tue May 24, 2022 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

Heading along Sunday night :drinkers:
by Dutchy
Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dirty dog wrote:Rain later today….been a long time coming

Cant even see the YP on the radar at the moment, magnificent.

Have most farmers already dry seeded this year?
by Dutchy
Sun May 29, 2022 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
DOC wrote:Shorts? Bloody Hell I feel cold just thinking about that.

Shorts everyday at work, a bit brisk this morning at 4am with the wind & rain coming in off the tarmac…

Yeah Im a shorts man at footy training all winter, as long as above the waist is warm Im ok
by Dutchy
Mon May 30, 2022 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#1 son had an ordinary game a month ago and got dropped, had some offers to go play elsewhere with some mates but decided to stick it out even though there are 10+ guys missing out every week, the last 3 weeks he has ran water, boundary & goal umpired for the team, today he got back in the team and got 2nd best, very proud of him, just disappointed I couldn't get there to watch.
by Dutchy
Sat May 28, 2022 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Mark of Cain 19th August 8)
by Dutchy
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Mawson Lakes - Mawson Burger - 7.5/10 standard pub burger
Greenock - Lamb Shank - 9/10 highly recommend, rate the Greenock Dark Ale also
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

She was forced to apologise to JB and the club, which she rarely does - think that has made her hate us even more.
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep we suck, last year I could see structure, I could see a game plan, I could see effort, this year its clearly lacking and no cohesion which is extremely disappointing. But many rebuilds have these patches - so putting faith that things will improve. Maybe next game? Would be nice as I'm heading to Hobart for it.

As for JHF, its all part of his footy journey, a lot has gone his way in recent years. Confident he will be part of our long term future, no one has been prepared to take my bet yet...
by Dutchy
Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lady Bay yesterday, got it on a pretty calm day which was nice, greens aren't as good as they have been but still a great spot and challenge.

Playing with a sore ankle, still recovering from gout I started bogey, par, par, par - as usual it feel apart from there 45 on the front then 53 on the back as the wind started and my form waned big time.

Dropped 9 shots on the 4 par 3's :roll: seemed to be able to hit my irons well on the fairways, but horrible off the tee.

Enjoyable day all the same.
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone use the WhatsApp?

Yep.

What is the difference between that and messenger? I often get people asking me to message then on the App but I don't trust it.

much more secure than messenger but pretty similar
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Football Hall of Fame

Brilliant night of footy reflection, Michael Taylor was a hero of mine growing up going to Norwood games with Dad, onto Nicky Winmar who was such a natural exciting footballer to watch as a neutral then Boomer Harvey who was just amazing to support over the years. Then the emotional induction of Russell to finish - great night and credit to the organisers.
by Dutchy
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So headed over to Thaxted this morning, overcast with rain threatening a chilly wind greeted us.

Course itself, not much has changed. The 2nd green now has 2 levels and not the 2 mounds with the channel in between.
Fairly clear under trees etc which is good to help find balls etc.

The golf itself wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. It was just the putting which as always let me down. We got a false sense of security on the practice green being slower than we remembered it, but on the course they were certainly as they've always been.
Finished on about 26pts.
It was a good walk.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

its a strange old course Thaxted, over whelming feeling is it could be so much better with a few changes, it falls behind its southern neighbours - Flaggy. Vines & Blackwood by a reasonable margin IMO

The second hole is case in point, really weird short par 4 that misses the mark in design
by Dutchy
Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |