Search found more than 2095 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

The "no exercise" rule is pretty ****** up. Vic were at least allowed 1 hour. So we are not allowed to do any running, walking, go for a bike ride, walk the dog at a park, around the block or local area as of midnight tonight?

Correct, what an absolute disgrace, this is harsher than Melbournes lockdown. What's wrong with an hours exercise??? Massive mental health issue.

Im charging up my bike lights right now, going to do a huge ride tonight.
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Welcome Nobes! :D
by Dutchy
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Jodie Hicks plays for the WBBL Sydney Sixers, has played 12 games this season, stats -

by Dutchy
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People lined up for hours to get into Maccas FFS. Close to the worst food on the planet and these bozos are prepared to line up extended periods of time, I just don’t get it

Got woken yesterday morning at 5.20am by my 14yo opening the front door, had arranged to meet his mates and walk down the Macca's Darlington for breakfast :roll:

Of course at 7.30am this morning we are yelling at him to get out of bed to go to school.
by Dutchy
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Believe Port had Wines heavily back ended, so extending now smooths their cap somewhat, esp if they need to give longer deals to the younger boys soon.

Smart play. Spreads the salary cap load and we can now ignore any trade talk for good, he's been here since late 2012, so he's lived in Adelaide now for 8 years and with 6 years signed ahead of him he's clearly a Port Adelaide player for life.

A real sign of stability at the club that he doesn't see his future anywhere else.

The Treloar saga has shown anyone can get traded, no matter what your contract tenure says
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whilst we can nit pick at the government I think they have handled this pretty reasonable. It's clear when this cluster broke they were dealing with a combination of failed systems, mistruths from people involved and a lot of unknown information.

Fearful of a second wave and the potential lock down over Christmas they took the most drastic action which ultimately, rightly or wrong, justified or unjustified protected us and stopped a second wave whether it was coming or not.

They have admitted some flaws in the system and are looking to rectify which should only see the state become safer and take us another step closer to getting back to normality.

yep thats a fair assessment, but they obviously took no learnings from the Victorian medi-hotel disaster, hard to forgive them for that.
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

The Menzels were born and bred Centrals lads, their Grand parents were die hard Central fans since before I was born and that carried on through the family for 50 plus years till now.
And they didn't want to leave either but had to make the hard decision & think of their futures.
I think Gibbs going to South is a stranger decision.

Gibbs hasn't played at Glenelg for 13 years, Menzels played at Centrals 90 days ago, which one is strange again?
by Dutchy
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are down to 55 active cases nationwide, 37 of them from OS. Get the returned travellers process right and no reason why any border needs to be shut or we can't start returning to some normality.
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

southernbulldog wrote:Sslary Cap ???????????????? non existent

Riley Knight is a returning junior, surely even biased SANFL supporters like to see that occurring :roll:
by Dutchy
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Simply get the repatriation out of our major cities, time for Sco-mo to step up and take control of this, surely the economic benefits of us eliminating this virus is more important than any costs it takes to get this right.
by Dutchy
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

First day of leave today, got out the treadly and rode to Semaphore and back, magnificent riding along the beach, about to head to the Pub and then prepare to leave for Renmark on Sunday for a week.

Been a rough few months so can't wait to get out of the big smoke.
by Dutchy
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Home grown corn on the spit with some drunken lamb.

Nice, are they heat beads?

Heat beads + charcoal.

I like the beads for consistency in their heat, I like the charcoal for the flavour. So beads around the edge, charcoal in the middle.

Ive just found Gaganis Charcoal, bloody magnificent, its a bit more expensive but burns and heats for much longer than the cheaper stuff.
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Yeah LM got me some Lemonade too
Only time we went we parked our houseboat on the river and the missus came tumbling down the hill when we left. :lol:

Do they still have that dog that sits inside?

yep there was a couple of dogs from memory, one was chasing a stick thrown from the deck into the river all day.
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And betfair paid out now on Biden

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Payday! :D

Nearly $3 Billion traded, incredible.
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

South Aussie Roo Boy 8)

by Dutchy
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For the 1st time I can ever remember we are not leaving our house on xmas day, it means we are hosting 30+ people which is taking a huge amount of prep but it will be worth it come Friday.
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hazydog wrote:So now we have the situation where Port and the Crows can poach players from SANFL clubs with the lure of a potential AFL career? As well as using the AFL draft to recruit solely for their reserves side....Well oil beef hooked...

Welcome to 2013
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apachebulldog wrote:

No choice at all either that or no job.

Ah so yes you did have a choice, you could have stood up for what you believed in and quit or conformed. You conformed and joined the masses.
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Anyone else working?
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Matt Richardson:

As positive as all of this is, this reality also is that 2020 has had a significant financial impact on the Club. The reliance of game day revenues at Adelaide Oval and several other major impacts meant our club revenue was down $18m on budget. The incredible support from our members, supporters and partners on top of sacrifices from many people to reduce costs meant we’ve significantly reduced the impact but it’s still sees our debt position worsen and the re-building of our balance sheet has to be a strategic priority.  We are finalizing the result over the break and will confirm this with you in January as well as providing a clear picture of our debt position, and most importantly what we are going to do about it in 2021 and beyond.

Nice handball KT :roll:
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Played Loxton last Tuesday, beautiful day and we were the only ones on the course so played as a group of 6.

Great course when you are on the short green stuff, not so pleasant when you aren't.

Had a horrible day with the driver, rest of the game was pretty good. 51 on front 9 and 45 coming home, including a birdie on the 18th to finish the day.

Was bogey or better for 15 holes, but had 3 horror holes.

Everyone we spoke to talked about how they have ****** up Renmark GC, Berri looked in good nick when we drove past.
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Matt Richardson:

As positive as all of this is, this reality also is that 2020 has had a significant financial impact on the Club. The reliance of game day revenues at Adelaide Oval and several other major impacts meant our club revenue was down $18m on budget. The incredible support from our members, supporters and partners on top of sacrifices from many people to reduce costs meant we’ve significantly reduced the impact but it’s still sees our debt position worsen and the re-building of our balance sheet has to be a strategic priority.  We are finalizing the result over the break and will confirm this with you in January as well as providing a clear picture of our debt position, and most importantly what we are going to do about it in 2021 and beyond.

Nice handball KT :roll:

Yeah, he should have written a big cheque. WTF was he supposed to do?

Reduce debt, not increase it during his term as CEO, "re-building of our balance sheet has to be a strategic priority" & "as well as providing a clear picture of our debt position" indicates how their debt position has been ignored and its now left with Richardson to sort out.

COVID has simply exposed an already precarious position.
by Dutchy
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2020/21

Just watched the Richardson and Renshaw/Salt/Siddle exchange.

Renshaw was right. "F*ck off Richo"
Cant believe the media are blowing it so far out of proportion.. does anyone actually really care if they had an exchange?

There ain't much to report on at the moment.

I thought it was great, as we know this happens every weekend at grassroots level. Much better than a lot of the players laughing at each other which happens a lot in the BBL.
by Dutchy
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

Booney wrote:Is there anything more entertaining than watching the Indians try and field?

Jadeja says hello :lol:
by Dutchy
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:I’ll never ever ever be convinced a batsmen doesn’t feel that edge.

Incredible, even in the bush cricket I played I felt the faintest edge, even a couple that the opposition never appealed for :lol:
by Dutchy
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Dutchy
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have to be decades since opposition have held up like this all day in Australia on a Day 5.
by Dutchy
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Dutchy
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Tim Paine: "I can't wait for the Gabba Test".

Ravi Ashwin: "I can't wait to see you in India, that will be your last series".

Paine: "At least my team mates like me, dickhead"

Drops a catch.

by Dutchy
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stampy wrote:gavaskar comes out and has a dip at paine for his behaviour? um kholi is the biggest dickhead captain in world cricket ffs!!

Far from it, remember when Kohli actually went to his home crowd and asked them not to boo Smith? Class.
by Dutchy
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bumrah out of the final test.
Can they even field a side :)

And Jadeja out as well as Vihari in doubt.

So India are missing : Kohli, Shami, Yadav, Sharma, Kumar, Rahul and now Bumrah, Jadeja and Vihari.
That's the equivalent of Australia having the following players missing .... Smith, Cummins, Hazlewood, Starc, Pattinson, Wade, Head and Green. I'm not sure we would beat anyone if they were missing. It's disappointing that both sides won't be anywhere near full strength because it's been a cracking series and we deserve a big finale.

yep one thing we have learnt from this series, India have much better depth than us
by Dutchy
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got to Blackwood for a twilight round, never seen the course in better nick, in fact it wouldn't be far off a number of the top private courses in the western suburbs. Immaculate, the fairways are perfect and for a hills course its actually pretty flat. If you haven't been there for a while check it out.
by Dutchy
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:Going to need to lift to the rate if they have thoughts of a tea time declaration.

Yep couldn’t bowl them out in 4 sessions last test so they need to get a real move on now

If you can't roll a team in 4 session on a 4th/5th day pitch you don't deserve to win
by Dutchy
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasnt a lot of pressure on Cummins innings today though, he has failed miserably when the pressure has been on this series.
by Dutchy
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ben McDermott with some of the cleanest hitting in the BBL for many a year.
by Dutchy
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Man crush on Pant.....,so good

Absolutely he is just a deadset winner.

India of old would have gone into their shells and tried to bat the day for 180 and get a draw, this new India, with the IPL/T20 behind is actually making test cricket even better. Aussies didn't really have any answers to a team that counter attacked, they ain't used to it.
by Dutchy
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fantastic that these players are coming to the SANFL competition. I'm pretty sure Callow was rated highly as a draft prospect, but obviously missed out and the West and Eagles recruits sound like they'll add a level of excitement to the competition as they develop.

I agree

The quality of the competition of this upcoming season should be the best it's been for at least a decade. So many good recruits have been brought in by clubs.

Cue the lamentations from certain Centrals supporters :)

Its fantastic until you realise the AFL cancers are back
by Dutchy
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

When your missus & daughters catch all the squid & crabs.
Dirty day for this Dad today, only being numbed now by the beer... :oops:

Feel for you mate, someone catching you fresh seafood to enjoy with your beers on holidays. Battle through mate, you can do it.

#putyourcrabsout
Indeed, it’s a struggle. Off to Turton this morning to check out a mate’s new house & have lunch cooked for me overlooking the water.
Will have to dig deep today...

It would be heaven over there today
by Dutchy
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Comp has been much better this season IMO, the Power Surge has been a winner, adds a bit of intrigue to the back 10 overs of each innings. Also not playing on shit heap pitches has meant much better cricket. Some great scoring in 1st innings, but not many well structured chases this season, teams are defending very well.
by Dutchy
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The summer twilight tour continued at the Vines last night, pissing down with rain all arvo but it stopped to a trickle just as we teed off for 9. By the first green it started bucketing down again :roll: proceeded to par the 2nd and 3rd in the rain and thought it was actually helping me, game then fell apart.

Last 4 holes were in the dry thankfully. Course in really good nick and greens the best Ive seen them. We wanted to go to Blackwood but was closed for obvious reasons.
by Dutchy
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Great idea, making it a last Friday of a month or whatever. I just think we need to get it away from Jan all together and use that time (Jan 26) for reflection.

Yep needs to get away from Jan for a fresh start, as one person said yesterday, I look forward to a day when we can all happily celebrate the **** out of Australia Day. For myself I find it hard to celebrate 26 Jan.
by Dutchy
Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcasts

been going through a few of The Howie Games in recent times. Has some interesting guests.

Yep he is very good interviewer, the Sam Willoughby one is outstanding.

Some others I listen to regularly -

Inside the Ropes (Golf)
Business of betting
Better than Yesterday
The J Files
Little Bridie (when are they coming back?)
Inside the Big Day Out (outstanding if you attended)
Sacked
Ordineroli Speaking
The Sounding Board

Along with 5AA, SEN daily programs if they interest me.
by Dutchy
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

at what cost though?

NSW have handled this the best of any state, they have shown to can control it and keep the economy ticking
by Dutchy
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

As a non-Asian team you just don't chase down big runs on Day 5 in Asia, but then again you don't beat the Aussies at the Gabba, and now RSA are flying in their chasing of 370, cracking test cricket!
by Dutchy
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

What a horrible statement from the SACA, taking away grade cricket in the Southern area should be one of the last moves they consider in reducing teams. If they should be sending that message to anyone it should be for Adelaide to move down South.
by Dutchy
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

When umpiring like everyone else Id only give an LB if there was absolutely no way you couldn't give it out, back and across and below the roll.

I umpired my lads u14 game a couple of weeks back and with the other umpire we agreed on the above rule, of course my lad comes on to bowl from my end and gets one absolutely plumb but I couldn't bring myself to fire the kid, the added pressure of giving your son a wicket was much more than giving any team mate out.
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

yeah I'm struggling to understand why he has been so good for Collingwood, 1 flag?
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

yeah I'm struggling to understand why he has been so good for Collingwood, 1 flag? Collingwood were on the bones of their backside when he took over. The flags haven’t come but he has turned them into a financial powerhouse with a massive membership base.

Which should put the club in a position to win multiple flags, the way he has acted I can now see why no-one challenged him for the Presidency, he would have just bullied anyone that challenged.

Even in his resignation speech yesterday he had to fluff up his ego with a list of achievements. :roll:
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cycling: fitness, racing or leisure rides..

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Where is a good place down south to go and get the bikes serviced and roadworthy again?

Tailwind cycles at O'Halloran Hill, local guy, just give him a buzz before dropping it in as he does get busy.

Do not go to 99 bikes.
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID Travel

Food at Banrock was unreal when we were up there in December.

Due to holding a $1,600 Jetstar voucher from the failed Bali trip we are planning a Tassie trip in late July to catch Roos/Cats game and spend a week going up at down the each coast including a game at Barnbougle, we were only there in 2017 but the 6 nights wasnt enough and loved it.

Thinking a trip to Melbourne for Roos/Crows in April also.
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |