Search found more than 2089 matches

Return

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Panther Pack wrote:Out of curiosity have South got more than 2000 to any of its home games this season?

Will get double that to a day in September
by Dutchy
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

I think today is way too early to even think about playing...ideally a decision should be made tomorrow when 24 hours have passed and everyone has some clearer heads, but I suspect they need to make a call either way today.

If it happened a couple of days ago I think playing would have been a good tribute, but just over 48 hours is to close and raw IMO
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mark Williams has had his own battles in recent times, but has also lost 2 massive allies in a short period in Walsh & Bailey, both critical in Port success.

He much be bewildered what life has thrown at him recently.
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today I can't help thinking about my role as a father to my boys, and how so many other insignificant things get in the way from enjoying time with them. Don't just hug them and tell them how much you love them, go and engage with them and do the things they love doing, together.
by Dutchy
Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FOOTY 2015

Richmond -22.5
2 Units @ $2

Richmond/Carlton Under 171.5
1 Unit @ $1.91
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nathan Grima retires

Some good SANFL/Centrals references here that Doggies fans might be interested in.

by Dutchy
Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL are now advertising this offer? Good job...more people will find other things to do on a Sat arvo :roll:

by Dutchy
Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Cause its at Reynella Id say they are slight favourites, either side winning wouldn't be an upset, hopefully it is the cracking game we think it might be.
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont think Reynella winning would be an upset.
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reynella too good across all grades, going to take some big efforts from stopping them having a big GF day.
by Dutchy
Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you are on twitter hit this and retweet, get the attention of the SANFL!

https://twitter.com/SAFootynet/status/6 ... 7754571776
by Dutchy
Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I dont care about what the standard is like.

If my favourite football team plays in a comp with integrity ill be there every week.

Absolutely correct, well said.

Standard is not an issue, get clubs playing in a genuine competition on an even playing field and you have a great starting point to develop a fantastic 2nd tier competition that attracts ex AFL players and retain ones that currently go bush to early.

It will just take some work, need to get the SANFL exec's out of their AO Corporate box and earn their keep along with the clubs.
by Dutchy
Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bring caps in and kids will go to soccer and basketball, is that what we want?
by Dutchy
Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Contract Extension:
The Reynella Committee is proud to announce the re-appointment of Gianni Petrucci as Senior Coach for the 2016/17 seasons.
Gianni has coached the Reynella A grade for the last 3 seasons, after joining Reynella as our B gradecoach in 2010, he has taken us to the 2013 Flag and has us in a strong position at this stage in the 2015 quest for the flag.
Our team strength while built around a strong senior playing group have developed even further through G’s work with our Junior groups, seeing some of these Juniors now taking on leadership roles.
G has formed strong ties with Reynella over the last 5 years and along with his family Hayley, Eva, Max and Louie they now call Reynella home.
With G’s strengths to communicate and command the respect of his players we believe that our Club has prospered under G’s leadership and his development of the Juniors over the last 5 years and has placed our club in a very strong position for many years to come.
Please join me in congratulating Gianni on his appointment and get behind him for the remainder of the 2015 season and the future in 2016/17 !!
by Dutchy
Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Being nearby I might just do that.
by Dutchy
Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great article, covers the issue beautifully
by Dutchy
Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Ian wrote:Are you going Dutchy?

yep!
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At this point in time, Reynella is scheduled to play against Flaggies in the 14, 16, 18 and B's at Christies next Saturday with the A's against each other on Sunday at Porties. Will common sense prevail at the SFL and swap the A's?

Its already a nightmare for the SFL/Christies as revenue will be down with only 4 clubs there, they wouldn't reduce that down to 2 and stop Flaggy/Reynella people not paying again on Sunday, like the AFL it will be all about the $$$
by Dutchy
Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Sorry I didn't mean any offence or disrespect to the lower divisions, the skills were OK I was more surprised about the lack of intensity in the contest for a GF, maybe contributed by the wide oval, fitness levels and heat, but neither team really took the opportunity to take the tackling and pressure to a higher level to win the contest. I thought both teams were well coached with the structures and game plan clear to see.

I thought Locks had the opportunities to be 2-3 goals further ahead in the first 1/4 and could have broken the game wide open, to Smithfields credit they kept coming all day and broke Locks down.

Doesn't mean much but SFL top teams would be D2/D3 standard with the bottom teams D5/D6 IMO.
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the apocalypse still hasn't happened!!! Why do you people keep blaming the AFL sides, I think you should clean up your own backyards first. How many of the other 8 teams have improved their membership base? Face the facts that the SANFL is just a breeding pond for the AFL.

SANFL always has and always will be a breeding ground for the AFL, we don't dispute that fact, but thats just part of the competition, its not the 100% sole purpose that Port and the Crows - and the AFL - would like. It should also be a genuine 2nd tier comp for 2nd tier players, either guys with AFL aspirations, retiring/delisted AFL players or grassroots footballers that want to play the highest level they can. Clubs that the local community can engage with in suburbia and support on an even playing field.

Sadly it is all skewed to the AFL wants...and thats what has pissed off many.
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2015

bennymacca wrote:reckon they will cop a hiding in the first final anyway, whoever they play.

Cant say they dont deserve to be there, but they are clearly the worst team in the eight imo.

=)) =)) =)) =))
by Dutchy
Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So SANFL membership is up 3%? Thats because it is done at the beginning of the year, wonder how many will renew next year after the drop off in 2015?

Want to know how far the SANFL has fallen in the media? Listen to Rowey interview Josh Carr on 5AA and he talks about Centrals coach Rory Laird, twice!
by Dutchy
Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hawks/Adelaide Under 190.5
2 Units @ $1.90
by Dutchy
Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 2

They have done well, but you have to admit they have had the easy side of the draw - Richmond, are well, Richmond, and Sydney were shot.

I dont feel like they would have beaten any of the other teams in the eight had they played them, in either week, but as you guys seem at pains to point out, i keep underestimating North.

Be interesting to see how they go this week

2 prelims in last 12 months winning 4 out of 5 finals, travelling to Sydney on a 6 day break and win well and still don't acknowledge them? :lol:

And this is all without bottoming out like every other finalist to get draft picks and rebuilding...
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Michael Shearer goes back to back in the A grade, from Coakley and Copestick
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B Grade - Anthony May - Edwardstown
C Grade - Adam Bettineschi- Brigjhton
U18 - Bradley Patterson - Flagstaff Hill
U16 - Joshua Walker - Christies Beach
U14 - Tyler Oliver - Happy Valley
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

The Crows have to play hardball with Paddy and Geelong, they are already known as a club where players leave easily and if they fold on this one then it won't stop, the clubs will continue to go hard at any decent talent on the Crows list.

I don't like the Crows but I really hope they make a strong stand here otherwise they are shot as an organisation, even if it means getting nothing for Paddy they will benefit in the long term.
by Dutchy
Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Why couldnt you park around the ground on the weekend?

SFL would have had an inspection point like this -

by Dutchy
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow Medal 2015

RustyCage wrote:And NM took Cunnington over Fyfe, oops!

But the key point is we didn;t take Butcher before Fyfe #-O :lol:

Not disappointed with Cunnington pick, he would be in the top 3-4 from that draft.
by Dutchy
Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hawks -9.5
4 Units @ $2
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That rag only has one priority, t sell as much advertising as humanly possible
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes for 2016

Dont like the out of bounds rule, the ball isn't round, you could kick a ball 15m inside the line towards a team mate but it lands just short bounces 90 degrees and out of play and a free kick.

Just be tougher on the deliberate out of bounds, might get a bit frustrating but would be better IMO
by Dutchy
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Then again is David McKay can get 4 years, then Hartlett does deserve 6!
by Dutchy
Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

So clubs are not supposed to draft the best talent available just cause they are not in the state the player wants to be in or club the player wants to go too? I say again, why bother having a draft?

The clubs that dont work really hard on retention via club culture really get shown out at this time of year.
by Dutchy
Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez....odds of Cove v HV Round 1 fixture shortening by the post :)
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Kane Cornes returning to the Bay in a development coaching role. Ben Moore returning to join the senior coaching panel.

Some good moves down the bay
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Brodlach wrote:North get pick 17
Brisbane get Bastinac and picks 34,38,40

According to the Herald Sun

Good deal for the Roos, Bastinac no longer in our best 22, gives space for youngsters like Turner and Dumont to come thru and pick up a first rounder.

Essentially Jed Anderson for Bastinac
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rumours that there is something more to Menzel that might get found out if Adelaide do their due diligence.
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does a player or club have a responsibility to tell their potential new club of how many strikes they are under?
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

UK Fan wrote:Has Port annouced its profit yet ???

Profit :lol:
by Dutchy
Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SFL program for 2016 is under development. A 14 team competition next season will see the season played over 18 weeks rather than 20. This placed the start date at April 9th, 2 weeks after Easter. The SFL Grand Final has traditionally been played on the weekend before the AFL Grand Final. However, with the announcement today of a later AFL Grand Final (september 1st) and our shorter than in previous years season, it was decided to maintain the April 9 start date and have our grand final 2 weeks before the AFL.
There will still be weekends off for our clubs on June 11th (Queen's Birthday Long Weekend) and July 9th (State Country Football Championships).
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

The Echunga Football Club is delighted to advise club members and sponsors that our 2016 Senior Coach will be Jessie Aish.
Jessie follows a family tradition with his Magarey Medal winning father Michael having coached Echunga in the late 90’s. We are hoping for history to repeat with Michael leading the Mighty Dee’s to a premiership win during his tenure.
While Jessie has been a welcome recent addition to our senior playing ranks where his 6 goal haul in the 2014 Grand Final strongly influenced our premiership success, some might not be aware that Jessie’s association runs a little deeper than that having played his Junior Footy with Echunga where he was part of the 2001 Junior Colts premiership season.
The Club is also very excited to announce that we have been able to retain the services of Lindsay Bassani for 2016 who has been appointed as the Senior Assistant Coach. Lindsay will play a vital role in mentoring Jessie as he takes on the challenge of his first senior coaching role. Nick Cook is also continuing with his support role within the coaching panel as is Ben Hull who will again be leading our B Grade side.
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Looks like tomorrow's isnt Wingard or Wines....surely they are the signatures the members want to see not one year extensions to guys that aren;t going anwhere....
by Dutchy
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:But tonight still going ahead

Me thinks that's just to cash in on it being the twilight Xmas meeting....

Would be the only reason, the almighty $.

Not sure why Saturday couldn;t be a twilight meeting starting around 4.30pm also.
by Dutchy
Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

What do you actually mean survival mode Dutchy ?

The competition is at the cross roads with the 2 AFL teams using it as their plaything. Im not sure anything can save it, and maybe the SANFL don;t want to, they are happy for it to end up like the VFL.

These byes give supporters that have hung around even more reason not too. No surprise in the last couple of years grassroots footy around the state has seen a surge in interest and attendance, can only see this even more in 2016.
by Dutchy
Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |