Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Vines for a pre xmas hit on Sunday and then Mt Barker next Thursday
by Dutchy
Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Footy done, Work done, OOO on, xmas shopping done, time for some beers, family, mates and some golf - starting with a big night at the Duck Inn from 5pm for their annual xmas happy hour and raffle :D

Have a good break to all that have time off.
by Dutchy
Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played front 9 Vines on Sunday arvo, hardly anyone out, couldn't believe it, was very windy from the south.

43 off the stick for 20 points, best I've played for a long time, driver was going straight and the irons were coming off clean, had 4 very makeable birdie putts (made one), apart from double bogeys one 1 & 9 it was about as good as I can play, very encouraging for Aston Hills this Thursday where the Brown jacket is on the line!
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Horror show at Aston Hills today, 102 & 26 points after starting bogey, par, bogey, bogey, par then proceeded to put my drive OOB and then new ball in the water for a 10 :oops: never recovered after that. Despite that shot the Driver was the only part of the game that was reasonable today.

Course is in great nick, been a few years but they have the fairways in the best order Ive seen, rough is fair and greens are on the slow side but a good reprieve from the quick ones Im used to.

Enjoyable day out with the lads.
by Dutchy
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Anyone on here able to recommend any of the ginger beers on the market?

All this advertising of the Bundaberg Ginger Beer is having an effect on me.

Brookvale Union & James Squire are both better than Bundaberg imo. James Squire is very sweet though.

Best Ive had recently is the Cameron Zing by Bowden Brewing, but at $85 for 16 I haven't purchased any yet other than a pint at the local golf club.
by Dutchy
Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Yorkes, back from another 5 days over at Turton, weather was shithouse however still managed to explore plenty of the coast, haven't been to The Bluff, Pt Rickaby and Pt Vic since I was a kid, great spots. Got up to Pt Hughes for 9 holes - left Turton with hoodies and the heater on in the car only to play in 34 degrees then back to Turton and freezing again :lol:

Went for a surf yesterday as the storm hit the coast, great to see people back in the water over there but understandably still a bit nervous.

Came home via Maitland > Clifton for something different last night, magnificent country through there, cant wait to get back.
by Dutchy
Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yorkes, back from another 5 days over at Turton, weather was shithouse however still managed to explore plenty of the coast, haven't been to The Bluff, Pt Rickaby and Pt Vic since I was a kid, great spots. Got up to Pt Hughes for 9 holes - left Turton with hoodies and the heater on in the car only to play in 34 degrees then back to Turton and freezing again :lol:

Went for a surf yesterday as the storm hit the coast, great to see people back in the water over there but understandably still a bit nervous.

Came home via Maitland > Clifton for something different last night, magnificent country through there, cant wait to get back.

Love Yorkes cant wait to retire there in 2025

We’re over there in a fortnight, staying at Stansbury for a week. Will catch up for lunch with a mate who’s retired in Turton, take the kids to the water park at Moonta Bay, have a round at the Dunes & go crabbing & squidding. Can’t wait, work has turned to shit, just had Covid again - need a break.

Magnificent, Dunes is in fantastic shape - greens are as good as Ive played anywhere. Don't go to the pub in Turton though, for the 2nd year running it was ordinary. You can tell a pub that isn't owner operated a mile away these days, especially in regional areas. Had a great feed at the Howling Dog in Corny Point though.
by Dutchy
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dunes last Friday, rock up and its 34 degrees which usually is OK however when it hasn't been hot since last summer the body wasnt quite ready for it, plus we were walking. Only played 9 holes as the wives dropped us off and were picking us up in 3 hours to head to Sunny Hill, take what we can get when the initial intention of the trip wasn't golf :lol:

Anyway course is in sensational nick, played first few holes into the hot Northerly and as normal start well with par, bogey, bogey and then it goes to shit :roll: we turn to play the 5th and halfway down the fairway the sea breeze kicks in and we are now playing back into it again when we should have been playing with it! put in a 48 and 15 pts which wasn't a great outcome however apart from my driver the other parts of my game where pretty good, including some nice wedges into the wind which have been an issue lately.

Good links practice for Barnbougle which is now not far away
by Dutchy
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

locky801 wrote:Not wearing a hat or cap all those years ago playing cricket

More melanomas taken out the scalp today, 16 stitches, gunna be a painful weekend :evil: :evil:

all the best mate, my Dad didn't wear a hat at cricket in his 20's and 30's and has just caught up with him now in his 80's
by Dutchy
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Off on a cruise next week leaving Brisbane out to the South Pacific, my wife loves cruising so I put up with it, I dont mind it but I prefer other types of holidays. Anyway for the last year I have have been having cheeky digs at us going on this cruise in cyclone season...I find out now there is one building for next week, guess who is coping the blame for this!
It's the other C word I'd be worried about

Thats one of the positives of having COVID last week, Ill be immune!
by Dutchy
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Thanks for the advice lads :lol: , either way we have the drinks package so no great issue if we dont leave the ship!

Qld BOM are saying 55% chance of a cyclone forming next week, one option apparently is we might head to NZ instead which would be OK
by Dutchy
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

On twitter there has been a Triple J hottest 100 redraft of the 10 years 1993 - 2003

Here is the playlist of the new top 10 from each year, its a great listen - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5HzqM ... 31c27b431f
by Dutchy
Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am led to believe one of our members has scored a hole in one this week...
by Dutchy
Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Who had the hole in 1 though?

Ill let the great man describe it, when he gets back on here
by Dutchy
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1st hit for 3 weeks today, 50/13 points which I was OK with due to a sore wrist and finished strong after being poor early, hcap out to 20
by Dutchy
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The original engagement ring purchased for $89 when we engaged as money was very tight had a stone lost from it about 3 years ago. On Sunday morning I told her we were off to West Lakes for a few things, one of them was a new ring that she could select. One, I had no idea what to :shock: buy as she's not a girly girl with rings and jewelry and, two, I didn't want to under spend and look tight. I got one right, two I misunderstood her taste. :shock: $$$
Haha my wife just took her engagement ring in as it has also lost a small diamond. She comes home, $1500 to get it replaced :shock:

She’s says don’t buy me a Valentine’s Day present or a present for our 26th anniversary in March. Bloody oath I won’t.

Insurance?

Congrats Boon
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2024

The Bedge wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:who is her boyfriend?

which ebert family is she related to?

Blake Oudshoorn-Bennier.. no doubt Modbury will try claiming him like they tried James Willis but he's born and raised Ingle Farmer :P

Blake can seriously play
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

Yungmuney wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Why did the former players flip?

I believe Gaza were denying them clearances/playing hard ball.

Correct, and when Gaza wouldn't clear them they threatened to go to SANFL with their claims, Gaza said they wouldn't, they did....
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Much better tonight, after a triple on the 1st I recovered for 45 & 18 points, putter let me down a few times but some good signs with the irons, hopefully get out against Friday night
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Much better tonight, after a triple on the 1st I recovered for 45 & 18 points, putter let me down a few times but some good signs with the irons, hopefully get out against Friday night
Contemplating playing there Sunday morning.
Are the greens on the quick side ?

Yeah they are but not stupid, I like the speed of them

Heading out tomorrow night and hope to play the back 9 as being out to 20 now both index 1 & 2 are on the back 9!
by Dutchy
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Friday twilight, horrendous golf 58 and 7, yes 7 points, can only laugh :lol:

2 jugs bought for the boys for getting under 10, only win I had was it was happy hour and $20 jugs.
by Dutchy
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Excise kills the small breweries, that is why they need to charge more than your mass produced beer. The government really need to look after them (wont happen though) as they are great tourist attractions, great for local communities and employ a lot of staff.
by Dutchy
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Excise kills the small breweries, that is why they need to charge more than your mass produced beer. The government really need to look after them (wont happen though) as they are great tourist attractions, great for local communities and employ a lot of staff.

True but no different to your local butchers or fruit and veg store who get screwed over by Coles and Woolies.
Not sure what the answer is but they need help also

Completely different, butchers and fruit/veg stores in the main do just fine, they work hard but they are generally successful businesses despite Woolies and Coles.
by Dutchy
Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

51 and 12 points on Tuesday night, horrible ball striking all night, only highlight was salvaging a par on the 8th after drive finished in front of 13th green. Go again tonight with zero expectations.

Just worked out in my last 4 rounds Ive scratched the first hole everytime, maybe a warm up tonight might be in order!
by Dutchy
Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tigerpie wrote:Willaston.....$8000
Jervois,........$16 000
Gaza.............$300 000

Willaston dead set lucky!

There is the difference between co-operating and not
by Dutchy
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Friday twilight, horrendous golf 58 and 7, yes 7 points, can only laugh :lol:

2 jugs bought for the boys for getting under 10, only win I had was it was happy hour and $20 jugs.

This game.

7 days after my worst round at the Vines I rock up Friday night with zero expectations, par the first 3 holes and walk off with a 40 and 24 points :lol: :lol:
by Dutchy
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Weekend down Langhorne Creek way and tried the local lager from Meechi Brewing, cracking beer 4.5% and perfect to drink on a summers day, ended up having 9 of them and then bought some takeaways.
by Dutchy
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the very least the fine should = the cost of SANFL's legal fees, which would be adding up even more since they challenged the findings. These are $'s taken out of a not for profit organisation and could be used far better to support football in this state. Anyone associated with footy in SA would be filthy if thousands of dollars paid to Lawyers aren't at least recovered.
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

The way we have been going we will take a win in February :partyman: :partyman: :partyman:
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Dear Seattle playing Pirate Life's 9th Bday celebrations this Saturday, free entry, reckon Ill make the trip
by Dutchy
Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally closed the laptop and OOO message is on the phone, despite being on leave since Friday night - been one of the craziest work months Ive ever had. 3 weeks off incoming!
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We made the sevens GF this week so played 18 today at the Vines, double bogey the first wasn't the best start but ended up shooting 40 off the stick for 23 points at the turn, glad I got that in the bag as I stunk it up from there for 11 points on the back.

Really happy with the driver, have used a new tactic to line up the shot from behind and then remove all thoughts when standing over the ball and just pull the trigger, its been working really well - think Ive been watching too many youtube videos and filling my mind with too many thoughts.

Barnbougle next week, getting a bit excited
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Can never watch too many YouTube videos :lol:

40 off the stick is good going

Yep was my best ever on the front 9, after a double on the 6th I thought it was going to unwind but went par x 3 coming in.
by Dutchy
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concussion

Is being reported a 21-day concussion rule being brought in to all levels below AFL and AFLW.

and 11 days for AFL :? Why? Less of a brain to damage?

If the AFL were serious about this they would stand by the 21 day ban also and make it industry consistent not matter what level. The optics and acceptance at grassroots level would be much better if they did.
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barnbougle, what an incredible place, if you ever have a chance just go, just taking away the golf for a bit and you feel like you are miles away from the real world, which we all need at times.

We lobbed Tuesday arvo and headed out to play Bougle Run, the 14 hole short course, got the the first to find 20 guys from Sydney crowded around the small 1st tee waiting to go after us. I was rushed and proceeded to chunk the tee shot 20m :oops: had a horrid 1st and 2nd hole but then hit my tee shot to 4 inches on the 3rd for a tap in birdie to settle the nerves, ended up 13 over for 28 points with 3 triples on the card, but 2 birdies - this is the story of the place, you can score if you keep straight, or end up with a big number of you don't, there isn't much inbetween. Bougle is great fun, most holes are 80-100m but very demanding.

Wednesday we hit Barnbougle Dunes, which I had played before, started par, bogey, par and then decided to try and drive the green on the 4th, nearly made it but still fell short, then stuffed my wedges up and walked off with a 9. From there the front 9 went all down hill, with the only highlight hitting the green on the signature 7th and making par, out for 58 and 12 points. Things didnt get any better on the 10th and walked off with a 9, but then I found some form with only one more scrub for the day. Highlight was again trying to drive the green on 12 and landing 1 metre off, got up and down for a birdie. 47 & 16 points gave me 28 points for the day, 5 behind the lead.

Thursday we tee'd off at Lost Farm at 8am, ready for 34 holes of golf in front of us. Lost farm is a little less challenging that the Dunes, flatter and much bigger fairways, best comparison is Lady Bay here in SA. I had a great day with the driver, hitting 12 of 14 fairways (other 2 were lost balls) with the irons and putting very consistent. Front 9 of 44 and 21 points followed by 58 and 18 points (11 holes) on the back, take away the 2 extra holes I had 93 off the stick for 36 points. Rapt that I played well and ended up winning the 8 man comp by 1 point to take the cash.

We had an hour break and then went and played ambrose on Bougle Run to finish the trip, which our team won. Quick change and then beers, bets, footy at the Sports Bar finished off an awesome trip. 66 holes in total is just over 2 days, special place.

14 balls lost for the trip, you go off the fairway and 1st cut of rough, ball is lost 90% of the time. One of the blokes on our trip lost his first ball on the 66th hole, hit it perfectly at the flagstick but took too much club and into the maram, fair effort though!
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Next week in tassie and weather is looking magnificent.

Jealous! Which part are you visiting this time?

Quick trip up the east coast, one night in Bicheno (The Lobster Shack was unreal), wineglass bay cruise then up to St Helens before a night in Launy before heading the Barnbougle with the boys.

Tassie is incredible.
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Charity Ambrose event at the Vines tomorrow, raise some funds for Mens mental health, always a great day out where golf is about the 3rd priority for the day.
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Corona Man wrote:
Lofty to lift the shield.

Lets hope so, go well caps!
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 1 South v Crows @ Noarlunga Oval Friday 29/3 2.10pm

GL to Maxy Clifton on his debut
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got to spend an hour this morning with Alan Richardson and Chocco, unbelievably generous with their time and information from inside their footy club which is in great hands.

Could have listened to them all day.
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Looking forward to The Smith St band at the Gov Saturday night, still tix available for Sunday gig
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

It was a tough watch, take the small wins - our kids stood up (and showed up most of our senior players) and Comben looks like he will be the tall intercept defender we need and might end up being better than McKay.

After last years disaster, which wasn't our fault, this is pretty much Clarko's 1st year, so while it is hard, we need patience.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Because I’m a good bloke I thought I’d let anyone unaware that in 2025 Easter is from April 18 to 21.

If you get in before anyone else you can scoop in having 10 successive days off work while only losing 3 annual leave days.

During school holidays, no thanks :lol:
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

What a storm in a teacup, guy must be thinking he can't do anything right
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went out to play a quick 9 today as I wasn't happy how I hit them yesterday.

Course was bloody busy! I Get to the first tee 3 blokes waiting for a forth to pay, Hey Dutch you can go through if you like? No idea who it was, it turns out I use to play footy with him I reluctantly accept to go as I hadn’t had a swing in the practice net before going off which I like doing, any way I get up on the tee only to see the green keeper up next to the green I’m thinking F**k me what’s going on.

Anyway with a fair few eyes on me, 5iron pin 165m meters bounced 6ft short, then a second bounce bang hits the pin and drops my second ever hole in hole!

Swaggered off the tee like Mick Jagger just giving out high 5’s

Get up to the green and the super says ‘Nice ball’ No shit mate it’s in the hole! Lol :D

haha nice one, good to see you get one on a hole >100m :lol: ;)
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Draws in footy
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Cracking day out there today, the GA stands on the watering hole are very good this year, literally standing within metres of people who have paid $600+
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |