Search found more than 2089 matches

Return

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Got home last night and my 11yo was in tears, old enough to understand what went on but to young to understand how fragile life is. Cried himself to sleep last night and it broke my heart.

We found Phil's signature on his autograph bat from last year, something for him to treasure.
by Dutchy
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Robbie Gray re-signs to the end of 2018. http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=ANWEB_WRE160_a&mode=register-breached&dest=http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/robbie-gray-signs-contract-extension-with-port-adelaide-keeping-him-at-alberton-until-the-end-of-2018/story-fnia6ojc-1227141731060&memtype=registered

Really looks to be a decent sized Premiership window for the Power.

Its that where the SANFL's $1.5m went?
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 things you don't want to see in 2015

If lined up against Hawthorn, Port or even Fremantle, the result would've been similar to the Sydney game.

Do you realise North didn't lose to these teams in 2014? :lol:

You do realise that when North played those teams they had very average games. North are 10goals plus behind those teams.

So beating Sydney in Sydney, Freo in Perth, Hawks on Friday night footy, Port in their only loss when on a roll early in the season and Geelong in a final doesn't convince you? If thats the case you really are a peanut....
by Dutchy
Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the whole competition is seeing a massive over correction due to free agency, and by doing this are taking huge risks around injury, form and cap pressure in the years to come. 3 years would have been ideal for Lobbe IMO.
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Onka's are "wrapt" to have Grocke :lol:
by Dutchy
Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Today Echunga have won our battle to remain in Central Division in 2015. This is great news for our club and is the best Xmas present we could have wished for.

While we invite you to come and celebrate this with us all at the club tonight at 6pm (with free BBQ) we also ask that we accept this victory with some humility and show all connected with the HFL that Echunga are a class act and we will not be allowing the posting of any provocative comments.

Let's get keen for 2015!
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

helicopterking wrote:Congrats to him. I'm sure people said the same thing about Jonothan Brown when he took over Brisbane.

How can you even compare the 2? :shock:

Does this mean Sloane (obvious choice as Capt IMO) is in danger of leaving also?
by Dutchy
Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

topsywaldron wrote:Even Nick Stevens?

Maybe the majority of pity here should be with the person he assaulted.

Absolutely, no winners in this.
by Dutchy
Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

If any good can come out of this, then it highlights the massive issue of violence against women in our communities, one that I feel is very understated in the media considering the shocking statistics.
by Dutchy
Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

Bounce of the ball wrote:
kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:Well this is enlightening.
Some of your best work, bouncy balls.
Insightful as always.

It is . Over a 25 year span I'd be interested how many clubs have ever had so many coaches.

How many have yours had?
by Dutchy
Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

Give me Botha over Cossie anyday....not sure about holding back talent, 1 overseas player per shield squad isn't excessive IMO and can add to the comp.
by Dutchy
Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting year for Port, tough draw, key injuries during preseason, more media focus and member expectations.

Im not convinced they will be contenders in 2015.
by Dutchy
Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

I don;t understand co-captains and never will.
by Dutchy
Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Ticketek not coping with demand during a pre-sale. Oh well, got there eventually, bring on the Liverpool/AUFC game!! :)

Same, took 15 mins of the code not accepting but got there in the end, got ground level silver tickets right next to the gold section which were $100 more a ticket!

Still $370 for the family, add that to the Foo Fighter tickets and nearly $1k for 2 nights entertainment, better be good!

Did I hear right that Ticketek opened up earlier than they were supposed to? So the people logging on at 9am ( or whenever it was ) to purchase were already 30 minutes back in the queue?

Dunno but system was playing up when I got on there at 11am for the SACA presale.

@JK think we got very lucky, ground level but Row P so far enough back for a good view, positioned in 2 silver sections between Gold in the Eastern Stand and the KOP.
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Dog Rolls in Adelaide???

Have only recently got into the old Dog Roll.

As a southerner it has been lean pickings until both the bakery and restuarant at OHalloran Hill started breeding all within a month of each other, they are 30m apart so competition is driving insane quality, both have specific breeding operations seperate from their core business which is a plus.

Had both over 2 days a couple of weeks ago and they were both amazing, different but top shelf, can't complain about either of them. The Restuarant is now closed for 5 weeks so I presume the bakery is doing unbelievable business.

As I work in mt Barker hope were high when Rue Saigon started up recently, sadly while they will subside a craving for 2-3 hours they are barely a patch on the top breeders.

Tried Convenience on Daws recently also and was impressed. Havent been to SF for a while as it is always crazy busy.
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

72 off 21!!!!
by Dutchy
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FOOTY 2015

Lets go again!

NAB Challenge
Collingwood +21.5
1 unit @ $1.91
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Listening to Chuck tonight, and his anger towards decisions being made while he was away, Im convinced its only a matter of time before they replace him...Im sure he knows it also.
by Dutchy
Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We did it!
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFooty's 2015 Lobster League

Good work! - Lads, send your cash thru as per below with your team name on it and Ill mark you off.

BSB 085005
A/c 793191352
SAFooty

1st Prize $240
2nd Prize $120
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alright lets go! even game tonight IMO, Ill take the 11 point start.

Carlton +11.5
2 Units @ $2

SANFL
Sturt +25.5
1 Unit @ $1.90
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Wouldn't worry me if it was banned, maybe they need to do it over a 3-4 year period by natural attrition though by not allowing any new horses to compete and it will slowly cease.

For Oakbank I reckon they could make it a stayers type carnival, you see it in the UK where there are regular flat races over 3000m, do the same here and some or the hurdlers could look at that option before retirement.
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Flaggies break the Viking hoodoo finally!

4 of the 5 grades to Flaggies.
by Dutchy
Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 South v Port at the BOT Friday 7.10

South simply putrid tonight. Smashed in every statistical category, in run, structure, hardness, leadership and skill. With a 60-23 inside 50 count it could have been a triple figure margin. It was depressing and disheartening to witness this so called "contest".

And down the road the LOCAL footy attracted 3 times the crowd

Says it all really where the direction and interest the sanfl is going with the public .

People want grassroots footy without AFL dictatorship .

.... But we are still told crowds are up and there is more interest in the sanfl than ever before.

The programming is farcical this year !

Who would have thought the SANFL would ever have significant competition from the leagues underneath it?

Sign of the times and they way the SANFL have treated its core fans.

No surprise that the local footy is getting bigger crowds in the last 2 years.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sometimes the $ wins out over loyalty and we hear about these, but plenty of times loyalty wins out over $ and we rarely hear about these.

Club loyalty/mateship/community does still exist over the $
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would you do?

bennymacca wrote:Cashing out $56 hardly seems worth it.

He spent $1, he made a fantastic return on investment.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In the next fortnight, looking forward to this one
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Walsh on 5aa said tonight of the "state league team", to paraphrase- they were in both the games against north Adelaide and west Adelaide but they had to rest players in the final quarter in case of afl preparation, thus reducing rotation flexibility. Great integrity our competition. The afl lottery as Roy laird mentioned fully unashamedly announced.

https://soundcloud.com/fiveaa/phil-walsh-27415

From 18:00 or so. Too honest for his own good, basically confirming what we already knew.

Feel free to rest 3 or 4 blokes in the final term on Saturday night if you like Phil

:roll:

Listened to that this morning while driving in the country today and I nearly crashed the car in anger, anyone think they respect our competition now? Now they don't give a shit officially and are happy to rub out noses in it.
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I haven't listened to it, but did Rowey or Bicks pick him up on that???

I doubt they battered an eye to it

No. Moved straight onto the next question, regarding pulling* the sub at AFL level...

Which is almost as bad as the comment itself, shows how desensitised the media are about the SANFL now, 5AA don't have any SANFL content anymore
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

The AFP should hang their heads in shame over this.
Oh, I didn't realise the AFP forced them to strap drugs to their bodies.

The AFP knew the smuggling operation was on, they had the opportunity to stop the operation on Australian soil, they then decided to let things unfold and alert the Indonesian authorities of the operation.....fully aware of what could happen to the people if caught and convicted.

In essence, the AFP are employed to act in the best interest of all Australians, to protect Australians. Did they act in the best interests of these people?

What sentence would they have rec'd in Australia? They would be back on the streets now wouldn't they? So im thinking they did act in the best interests of Australia as a whole.

I would have thought that if the AFP are aware of a criminal act occurring in another country they have a responsibility to inform that country, we would want the same in reverse.
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice to see some actual footy news on their FB rather than ads

PRESIDENT ANNOUNCEMENT: The services of the Club Coach Stephen Keam have been terminated effective from Thursday 7th May 2015. Adam Taylor will take over as Caretaker Coach assisted by Darren Spinks. There will be a search conducted over the next 2-3 weeks to acquire the services of an A grade Coach for the remainder of the 2015 season.
Steve Maguire
President
HVFC
by Dutchy
Fri May 08, 2015 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was out and forgot about it, found out via email, video is up, good solid win, not sure about the quality of the opposition but was wide and was hardly touched in the straight...good signs!

http://www.theracessa.com.au/show_video ... &trial=yes
by Dutchy
Fri May 08, 2015 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rick Davies - Australian Football Hall of Fame inductee

Congrats Jumbo, loved to hate him.
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting that the facebook sacking announcement has been taken down, I guess they didn't appreciate the media interest!
by Dutchy
Mon May 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big night obviously at HV. Coach wasn't right for the club and decision made to part ways now rather than end of the season. Not decision taken lightly by committee but right outcome for the club.
Now search commences for replacement. Names being thrown around include Chopper Taylor, Trevor Potts, Nathan Eagleton, Steve Wallace, Bomber Spinks, Dave Couch, Shane Sinclair.
Easy for names to be thrown around but some of these names either wouldn't be available or prepared to take it on.

Was J Calderbank seen meeting with senior Valley officials during the week?

Apparently Noarlunga aren't going to let him coach against Flaggies...
by Dutchy
Fri May 08, 2015 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm going to be honest, with Adelaide Oval upgraded and AFL at a central venue in the city, I suspect we won't see an increase in crowds to the SANFL.
That's not to say the reserves haven't done damage to the brand.

I agree, I think there might be a small uplift but not significant. The damage has been done.

Personally I would start going back to games if there was a change, but nowhere near the level I did prior to 2014. I have found dropping back to watching SFL as enjoyable. I suspect many others have changed their regular SANFL habits.
by Dutchy
Wed May 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kane Cornes' book

Surprised, very selfish
Not sure I wold say someone attempting to enter a career where saving lives is the #1 priority as selfish.

I did hear he missed the North game a few weeks back due to an exam or test of some kind. The AFL and it's clubs can't go on about how hard life is after football for players, and then block guys close to retirement who are trying to sort their post-football lives out.

Why did he commit himself to this season then? Im sure it just hasn't happened in the last month. He has denied a youngster being brought into the club and starting his career. When things get tough this year can other players just quit also?
by Dutchy
Wed May 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Excellent article by Roo, its spot on, and its not the middle of the season as some are saying, he has played 5 games! He said this opportunity at the MFS came up in November, plenty of time to retire then and allow an extra kid to be drafted.

Plenty of time in the future for him to go to the MFS, its not as if he is going to be unemployed if he has to wait a couple more years, he already has a media profile.

Very very poor by him IMO and if Port had nothing to do with it I reckon they would be privately spewing also.
by Dutchy
Thu May 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He applied for the MFS in November. He only found out this week that he had been accepted. Ken Hinkley wrote his reference for the MFS and is quite happy to be supporting him. If people haven't listened to the press conference I suggest you do, both Ken and Kane explain everything. It was the club that wanted Kane to play his 300th.

A lot of assumptions and misinformation being peddled in this and the Port thread.

Doesn't mean it is right and can't be questioned.

Ken needs to answer some questions also then.

Why only 2 weeks ago were they talking about having him fit and firing later in the year?
by Dutchy
Thu May 14, 2015 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Weekend of blowouts it looks, from score through so far Reyenlla won by 97 points and had 5 other games with bigger blowouts!

Great day on the hill today supporting Kids Cancer, sadly we lost one of our subbies in March which has affected the whole community. The day raised a heap of $ and we remembered our little mate.

Thanks to the other clubs up there today in Brighton, Morphett Vale & OSB Lonsdale who all supported the day in wearing yellow armbands.
by Dutchy
Sat May 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Result doesn't surprise me, when the focus goes from club/team to an individual like it did last week this is going to happen.
by Dutchy
Mon May 18, 2015 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CENTURION wrote:Encouraging news! Spoke to CDFC board members yesterday, FINALLY the SANFL clubs have realised that the 2 AFL sides in the SANFL isn't working & moves are underway to have them removed, might not happen next year, more than likely the following.

Too late sadly.
by Dutchy
Sun May 31, 2015 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really Edgy is in a maiden at Port Augusta on Sunday, FFS I don;t know what Kenny is up to! Easy kill maybe, see if it can run on dirt for the Darwin carnival maybe...dunno
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

You will have to fill me in on today, but I'll give you all of the Glenelg matches of the same day, which became a fixture in 2003:

2003: vs Eagles, 4215
2004: vs Central, 3248
2005: vs West, 3881
2006: vs Norwood, 4395
2007: vs North, 4067
2008: vs Port, 7711
2009: vs Port, 6276
2010: vs North, 5260
2011: vs Norwood, 6763
2012: vs Eagles, 4647
2013: vs North, 4414
2014: vs North, 3868

Thanks Spelly. This is an excellent example as its the same day every year, perfect weather yesterday so no excuse there.

Last 12 years this game at Glenelg Oval has averaged 4,895...yesterday 3,409 30% drop

4 of the last 8 games have been against North average 4,402...yesterday 3,409 22% drop

If the powers that be in our clubs and the SANFL cannot see this trend then what hope do they have when it is deteriorating before our own eyes, when your business is going backwards like this on a weekly basis it is critical you pick this up and act early otherwise you cannot turn the bus around...are they doing anything?
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Same game last year drew 15% more attendee's and Glenelg were shit then also!
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Actually, yes it's those horrible things called facts again, we had won our previous home game prior to the long weekend last year, as opposed to coming off a 110 point home loss. But of course in the parallel universe, we are meant to believe that such losses do not have an impact on crowds! Just as in the same parallel universe, the fact that only 5 and a half thousand showed up at Adelaide oval for Norwood Port and a little over 2 thousand showed up for Glenelg v Adelaide had nothing to do with the inch of rain that fell that night.

The Monday game at the Bay on the June long weekend has become more of an event that a footy game, which means people go no matter what and current form has little to do with it IMO.
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port -10.5
3 Units @ $2

I must be missing something here, I believe line should be around -25, first 3u bet for the year.
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would be very hard to win betting on every game of the weekend!
Betting on 50/50 shots 95% I wouldn't see as the best policy, just doesn't add up!
I know you will say something like well you put your bets up on here and show a profit! I don't bet until I have all the information, which includes up to date reports on everything, including coaches interviews, gives you an idea of mentality especially if betting on over unders!
Should also start with an amount and only bet a % of it, but instead of decreasing your bets have increased!
Good luck for the rest of the year chasing!

Aimed at me? When do I bet every game of the weekend?

Look at last years posted results +30 units...Im down at the moment but love the challenge of pulling myself out of it, quitting is easy option.
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |