Search found more than 2097 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Can assure you every state health department is sh!tting itself right now as Melbourne Airport is part of this hotspot The possibility that this new strain of the virus is already in every state/territory is just to dire to think of as potential carriers would've transited through the major airports where others are at... Only if you were unlucky enough to have to fly with Jetstar. T4 is the only hotspot at airport

Still trying to verify but anecdotally I've heard it's a seven hour window where potential contacts could have occurred. That's a flight to every major capital city potentially, so they could be out about us now that we are not aware of.

AS Rob Sitcch one said in the Late Show, "I'm not wearing the brown undies for nothing...."

If that is true then we will be in a nationwide lockdown.

They have had months to centralise the returned Aussies, why the hell hasn't it happened :evil:
by Dutchy
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Macca's, HJ's or KFC

As a father of 2 teenagers KFC is easily the most popular with the youngsters these days, pretty amazing considering they were well behind the others a few years back, not sure if it has been the marketing or that some of their food doesn't actually taste like junk food.
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Lofty win the T20 title chasing down Meadows 164 after being 4/84 after 14 :D

Not sure why Nairne were in the comp? make up even numbers?
by Dutchy
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Went to the Duck Inn on Sat night and they change their beers regularly so you scan a QR code and it directs you to a website which shows whats on tap.

Keen to find a mid strength beer that actually tastes good I saw the Little Banger from Big Bang @ 3%. Proceeded to smash 4-5 pints, very nice. Thought at $90 a carton not sure it will be a regular.
by Dutchy
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Ive been committing to an hour a day on the bike, just trying to get some consistency and try to force the body to comply. Last week, in the heat, I did 27kms each day, mostly around lunch time as it was the only time I could do it, by Thursday and Friday my legs were very sore and I slowed down significantly but I pushed thru and felt fantastic on the weekend where I gave the body a break. Have been out Monday and yesterday, today is going to be an issue as Im in the office and just got told the FIL is coming over for dinner :roll: I might have to give today a miss and do an hour and a half on Thursday and Friday. Going away next week but will keep up the hour a day via walking/swimming.

Im working my away from carbs when possible and not getting on the scales for a while, going to judge my progress by how I feel within myself.
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Being able to formally plan and book our trip to Melbourne next week :partyman:
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Leaving the kids home next week and heading off on a road trip, Melb for 2 nights, get to try out URBNSURF which is my 50th Bday present and then come home with a night on the Great Ocean Road and a night in Robe, after a pretty stressful 3 months at work it will be great just close the work laptop and turn off the work phone.
by Dutchy
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Give me that sort of pitch over both teams making 5-600 in each innings any day. India didnt lose a wicket in the chase so it couldn't have been as bad as the Pom's made it.

Root was the only one using his feet to get to the pitch of the ball, a lost art I fear.
by Dutchy
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I understand back in the 80's we didn't have much choice, but these days with headphones and spotify it makes it very easy to block out what you dont want to hear
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

9 holes at Flaggy this morning, course has improved significantly since I last played there, suspect the cheques from the retirement village are now rolling in so they can put that into the course. Greens as good as I have seen them.
by Dutchy
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got gifted a ticket to tonights Oils concert, wasn't keen on the price tag to attend so didnt buy one, he just sent it thru, platinum seats!
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Brodlach wrote:Good luck Dutchy, Kah on the favourite here

yeah never really looked good, serious drift from $2.60 earlier in the day to $3.80, I layed it on BF to get a my stake and a 6 pack back. Ill take a winning day on the Horses, I dont have many :lol:
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Republic

Corona Man wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Can someone please explain to me what the benefits are?

Get our own flag for a start

That’s a benefit is it?

Personally Ive never been a fan of having another countries flag on ours
by Dutchy
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

GF week for cricket should be exciting, nerve wracking and all the other fun sport emotions in between.

Unfortunately though the game is being played at Wilmington where they are expecting 80% chance of 10ml of rain meaning a washout...…….the forecast definitely takes away a bit of what should be a bloody exciting week.

Plenty of time for the forecast to change, esp this time of year weather reporting is pretty variable
by Dutchy
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Republic

Corona Man wrote:Can someone please explain to me what the benefits are?

Get our own flag for a start
by Dutchy
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

The Bedge wrote:Brad Crouch came across as a bit of a stuck up sook in that video.

The camera angle makes it look like Nick's spray was directed at Brad, however its clear it was at the whole midfield group.
by Dutchy
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

:lol: look at all of us throwing stones
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats TDK, great choice of venue
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love it.

To pass the time I get a couple of Chorizo's to put on the grill, then slice them into bite size with some lemon - entree!
by Dutchy
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Geez reading this, we really do need the footy to start ASAP
by Dutchy
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Not sure it is sad or mad, probably both, but just found out an ex workmate is facing numerous child exploitation charges, so bad he hasn't been bailed.

Just makes you feel ill that you had anything to do with him.
by Dutchy
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

HB Spargo! Hope you get your present on Sunday :)
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully my cricket club ending an A grade 32 year premiership drought tomorrow :YMPRAY:
by Dutchy
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

After 32 long years Mt Lofty are HCA Premiers, cracking game of cricket, ebbed and flowed all day.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/160933308_5293140924060282_787640406463909472_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=i5l8fojBFvcAX9JIs6l&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&tp=6&oh=ec9f3cbdb82e47aec37cbf62794b5238&oe=607AE75B
by Dutchy
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 AFL season - Round 1, tips & banter

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Marshall with a Easter present.
#handsintheback

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

And game over from that point, horrible decision
by Dutchy
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graham Campbell's 2021 Punting Forum

B Smith to kick a goal $2.10 at bet365

dogs mids will spend time forward hopefully

**** YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Save the **** yeah's for when you back something with a bit of value mate

Nothing wrong with an even money winner, if you can do that 55% of them you will never have to work another day in your life.
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully my cricket club ending an A grade 32 year premiership drought tomorrow :YMPRAY:

Went into the last over of the day, fairly comfortable knowing we had them 9 down and they needed 15 to win, then the 1st ball goes over the fence :shock:

thankfully a wicket with the 3rd ball gave us the shield, to beat the states best country team of the last decade on their home deck was an incredible performance, I think us old boys had a bigger smile than the lads playing. Monkey well and truly off the back.
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 AFL season - Round 1, tips & banter

2 Melbourne teams draw 25k (average 12.5k per team, 4k under capacity) on a Saturday night

One Melbourne team v interstate team draws 13k Sunday Lunch time
by Dutchy
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

New fav beer, an actual flavoursome mid strength

by Dutchy
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Im not sure if this is the correct thread for it, but here goes .. Lobbying has commenced for Streets to change the name of it's iconic ice cream the "Golden Gaytime".

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/melbourne-man-launches-petition-to-rename-offensive-golden-gaytime/news-story/6485768f9e57342cb240e297f2fb50ea

“As a part of the LGBTQIA+ community I believe my sexual identity is owned by me, not a brand and that the outdated meaning no longer applies. Isn’t it time for this double entendre to end?” he said in the notes below the petition.

Doesn't effect me so it's probably not right to have an opinion on it, but ... Nope, I'll keep it buttoned.

Glenelg were decades ahead of the game in changing their song.
by Dutchy
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

by Dutchy
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 wrangling

Bum Crack wrote:Can't see Geelong winning tonight. Danger, Menegola and Duncan missing from the midfield is too big a hole to fill. That is where the game will be lost.

They are certainties now :lol:
by Dutchy
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Yeah brilliant by South, my mates son is up there in Alice this weekend, he can't believe he got a free trip to play footy, South (via Puma) have fitted the whole team out with new boots at no cost also.
by Dutchy
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Went to the Seacliff for dinner last night, food was OK without being great, on the way out I think I spotted one of our members Van in the car park, love the number plates 8)
by Dutchy
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Jeremy Cordeaux - WADH!
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grumpy old man post

Been watching u14 cricket all summer and have not seen one reverse sweep, that includes a T20 comp.

However have seen plenty of shouldering arms, Steve Smith style with a loud "no run", I found it more unusual as u14's never used to leave any delivery :lol:
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flights booked today for a trip to Tassie in late July - hitting up Barnbougle, cannot bloody wait!
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Port v Centrals Saturday 1410

Ok all, enough personal attacks, game talk only...cheers
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flights booked today for a trip to Tassie in late July - hitting up Barnbougle, cannot bloody wait! What's a round worth down there?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

$114 - not too bad, I thought it might be more TBH. Although my mate from Melbourne is coming down and for his 50th he shouted me a round at Royal Melbourne so I need to reciprocate I guess :lol:
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 US Masters Golf

Pretty happy with Rose! 8)

Not confident he can sustain it, but he has always played well around Augusta (has been top 25 12 times in the last 15 years). Will be laying him now at $5 so Im freerolling on my bets.

Where’d ya get your prices Dutchy, BF?

Yeah, $5 @ 140 to win, just layed him at $5.2 for $50, think he is too short now - still collect $442 if he wins, but got all my stakes back with a little green on all the field as well.
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair prediction at 80/1 -

by Dutchy
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tourney has gone pretty well, only got red on Speith, looking forward to tomorrow morning someone is going to make a tun and hope its the Leish.

Matsu's iron's were incredible today

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-0/s480x480/169558887_1124099204684247_4685599883526391480_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=f79d6e&_nc_ohc=OC10ufctRQ4AX8uB5ED&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&tp=7&oh=c6ddbaef6fde00bd465ed5dd7ce064e8&oe=6096C179
by Dutchy
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The death of the Port Adelaide Magpies

It seems COVID got the Magpies, in 2021 there is no mention of the Magpies on their guernsey, clubs marketing and also the honour board has had MAPGPIES removed (look closely).

I know many of us non-Port fans don't really care, but why aren't traditional Port fans upset about this? They seem very passionate about the prison bars.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyffPANU4AMZpm8?format=png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyhtbOuWEAUwd8w?format=jpg&name=medium
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

I know technology has come a long way, but even 5 years ago if you said every Div 7 game would be available in full I reckon 90% of people would have said you are dreaming.
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

Common sense wins the day 8)
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graham Campbell's 2021 Punting Forum

I cant back the Saints on the back of a half of footy against a team that doesn't travel well. Add into that Richmond coming off 2 losses.
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

They're missing Stephenson also...

Letting him go was more bizarre than Treloar IMO
He could be anything if he gets his head right

Told he wouldn't play midfield at Collingwood, now averaging 20 possessions a game in the mids, and they are quality.

Boon - I think the $500k is the total Collingwood are paying Treloar, Stephenson & Phillips
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Eagles v Adelaide Saturday 2.10PM

Clashing with the AFLW GF so probably can only expect half of the anticipated 4,000 Crows fans to attend.
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Been to quite a few Gin places over the last 12 months due to the Mrs getting into it, have found a lot of them to be pretty ordinary, but Sepplesfield in the Barossa is clearly the best Ive been to, great set up also.
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been extremely fortunate to get a coaching role in the Westies u13 Academy, have spent the last 3 days with nearly 60 kids across the city zone and have had the tough task to get it down to a squad of 32, some ripping talent and looking forward to formal training starting after next week and a few Friday night games over the next couple of months.

Kids enthusiasm for their footy at this age is very infectious and have absolutely loved being involved.
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |