Search found more than 2089 matches

Return

Re: Clint Alleway

Rather scathing attack from the coach in the latest Messenger match report.

Very possible that he was told to clean out his locker so they could focus on cleaning out the rest of the place....

We got him in to cover Kirkby (a stupid decision IMO to even let Kirkby play knowing he was not going to be around all year) and now Alleway is gone.

So both players have stolen valuable time we could have put into a kid.
by Dutchy
Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

SANFLnut wrote:Scores level at the moment., Glenelg 0 Eagles 0.

Blow the final siren FFS!
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Noticed Sam Lonegran is playing tonight in the EJ Whitten game, over at Etihad...

Of course, it is for a great cause, but it is a bit of risk playing and getting injured...

It is Glenelg, we don't like Mouse playing in the pre-season but we let players go overseas mid season and play games during the week.
by Dutchy
Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For the first year ever I have a much bigger interest in the AFL than the SANFL
by Dutchy
Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2014

Really like some lines today -

Brisbane +43.5
1.5 Units @ $1.92

GWS +28.5
2 Units @ $1.92

Gold Coast Win
2 Units @ $1.98
by Dutchy
Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

As good as goals Eddie has kicked from that pocket, have a look at the angles of the pockets at the new AO, they are virtually non existant, the boundary lines come straight out from the point posts, which makes shots from the boundary easier than they look on TV, if the same shot at the same angle was at the MCG Eddie would have been 10m inside the boundary. Also explains why the ground is a high scoring ground, compared to others.
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Week 18
AFL 5-2 +4.80 units
SANFL 0-2 -3.30 units

YTD
AFL 71-57 +20.85 units
SANFL 13-17 -4.03 units
TOTAL +16.82 units
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gadj1976 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:SANFL Futures Bet
Sturt 2014 Premiers

[-o<

Into $5 this week 8)
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To explain my bet on Sturt for the flag, I like what Ive seen from them this year, reckon they have a good spread of players with some power forwards and different avenues to goal. Also not convinced Port will continue to dominate and always the question on what they will do if Power get knocked out of finals.

Then look at Sturt's draw - West, Central, North, Adelaide, South with 3 of them at home...no Port, Norwood, Eagles in the last month before finals, they will be favorites to win all of them except maybe South.

This draw and their form should ensure a top 3 spot as a minimum with a good chance of a top spot finish, therefore the $6.50 before playing Glenelg at home was massive value, which should then give me a good opportunity to lay off on other teams come finals time to lock in a profit.

At $5 some may still consider them value.
by Dutchy
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Even the betting agencies see thru the truth of Port Adelaide. RIP Magpies
by Dutchy
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Reynella Oval is fine in those photos, its footy and its winter FFS!
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Sturt's Sam Smith has returned to Flagstaff Hill, despite play league only a couple of weeks ago.

Good news :D
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

The analyst wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Sturt's Sam Smith has returned to Flagstaff Hill, despite play league only a couple of weeks ago.

Good news :D

Sam Smith is still at Sturt !!

Really?

by Dutchy
Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

I saw one game in front of your tent Moe that did look a fair bit like rugby, good thing is it will only take a small adjustment/coaching and he will be a good umpire.

My lad loved the day, had high expectations as they had a good year, but got bundled out after 3 games. While disappointed it was actually good to have a chat with him about how sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and you have to take the good with the bad. Kids need to learn how to win and lose with pride and thats the problem I have with them taking away the competitive aspect of the day.
by Dutchy
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

West will be spewing about losing Aberfoyle Park, which includes the Happy Valley FC, been a very happy hunting ground for them for the past couple of decades.

I presume a school located in Aberfoyle Park will now be in the South Adelaide school footy program? (Currently with West)

Good result for South indeed.
Nowhere near the number of kids in that area as when it was the happy hunting ground for West. South still feel cheated by missing out on that area when it was at its peak.

Are you serious? The area has grown considerably in recent years, perfect time for South to take over, Just look at the extra footy teams both Happy Valley and Reynella have added in the last 3 years that they have never had before. School numbers have also grown.
by Dutchy
Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They are saying the pros for the Crows to join with Uni Blacks are -

> They can drop a player to the Ammos
> They can develop players within the same structure and not be reliant on SANFL clubs to provide players.

Both of these reasons where given as pros for the SANFL clubs to vote the Crows into the SANFL!!!!

AFL clubs never liked SANFL clubs playing their players in the SANFL reserves, now they want the option?

They promoted the ability to pick a top up player form the SANFL clubs, develop them and then hand them back a ready made SANFL player, this will no longer happen under the new plan.

SANFL no longer run football in this state, the boys club at the Crows do....
by Dutchy
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Not to mention Crows fans walk in the gates for free, I suspect some once a year SANFL fans are using their Crows membership to get in free to see their old SANFL club play
by Dutchy
Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling - First week of finals announced

Good decision IMO, not many good ones recently but this is. Only issue is no matter where you program these games they will clash with AFL games that weekend.
by Dutchy
Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Turn on your sarcasm meter TO
by Dutchy
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No surprises here and no blame on Hocking, his team is just in the wrong place.

Garry Hocking says:

'developing Power players remains his priority'

'winning a (SANFL) premiership will play second fiddle to the main focus of developing AFL players'

'the main thing is to try to get everybody playing really well for the AFL team because they are heading into a finals campaign ... for us that's the main point. Everything else rolls back'

'the main priority is to make sure we win an AFL premiership'

'the key thing is the AFL team ... that's what we have to get right. Then we plot and plan and see what happens (in the SANFL)'

At least they admit it, unlike the Crows.

From what is said above I have no confidence they will play to the end of the SANFL season, their priority is AFL and if the Power are out in Week 1 watch them pull out the Power players so they can come back to pre-season on time.

They see the SANFL as a play thing, I can't believe our clubs saw it as anything else.

And people wonder why Im not going to the SANFL anymore....
by Dutchy
Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:why would they lose juniors? marion edwardstown lonsdale could join msjfl?

Why leave a strong junior comp to go to a weak one? Only marbles could think that up...
by Dutchy
Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

By round 18, this is the spread of television games this year. They were true to their word of spreading it evenly around venues. The teams involved were a different matter.

TELECAST GAMES - BY TEAM
6 Adelaide (2 main channel)
6 South Adelaide (3)
5 Port Adelaide (2)
4 Glenelg (3)
4 Norwood (2)
3 North Adelaide (1)
2 Central District (2)
2 Eagles (2)
2 Sturt (0)
2 West Adelaide (1)

TELECAST GAMES - BY VENUE
2 Elizabeth Oval (2 main channel)
2 Woodville Oval (2)
2 Prospect Oval (1)
2 Norwood Oval (0)
2 Alberton Oval (2)
2 Noarlunga Oval (1)
2 Unley Oval (0)
2 Richmond Oval (1)
1 Glenelg Oval (0)
1 Clare Oval (0)
0 Adelaide Oval (0)

Someone tell them they need to get the teams near equal not the venues??
by Dutchy
Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hawks -48.5
1.5 Units @ $2
by Dutchy
Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great win by Flaggies over Brighton today.
by Dutchy
Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

Congrats to Sammy Miles on the Mail Medal
by Dutchy
Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
With respect, the SFL is a metropolitan football league, and cant be compared to a country league such as the HFL.

Yeah OK, Blackwood is country and Aldinga isn't?
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Booney wrote:
Big weekend for Port Adelaide supporters, preliminary final and Grand Final in one weekend!

And the saddest thing is all of the players training at Alberton this week will be wanting to play in a Prelim not a SANFL Grand FInal...
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saul Abbott B Grade medalist and Shears wins the A grade Mail Medal to make it a Flaggy double, congrats
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Media Poll - vote for safooty.net

Thanks for the heads up Phil, I understand you probably feel conflicted and haven't put yourself up for nomination but you should, you are clearly in the top 3 SANFL media people and give great service to the league.
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

PhilH wrote:
Daniel Frangos on how the Power is affecting the SANFL GF on Sunday - http://footetimes.com/power-looms-large-over-sanfl-grand-final/

[/url]

Great article, well done
by Dutchy
Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man wrote:After today's story in the Sunday Mail the football public are now aware of the HFL debacle.
Will be interesting times ahead.

That article came about because of the debate on here.
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ah shit forgot to post my tips here, got Priddis @ $38 :)

Evidence here = https://twitter.com/AFLPunter
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went past the Echunga pub tonight and the boys are still going strong, one still in his full kit from Saturday boots, tape and all! :)
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man wrote:Would be a pretty hollow victory not playing against the best in the competition for Central clubs.

Lofty could argue that also this year, they took their medicine as a club in 2014 and will no doubt be stronger going back up in 2015, maybe Echunga should do the same?
by Dutchy
Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Keith Thomas - "As a club we can be proud that another one of our people is admired so much that they’ve been recruited by a competitor"

Didn't say that when Primus went to Gold Coast :)
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Sadly Savvy Smokin has been retired today, injured himself again and if he goes on it is unlikely to end well.

Best horse Ive ever owned from the early days when he couldn't win at Port Augusta to winning a $30k race at Swan Hill and winning over $100k. Had great fun with him.
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Anyone recognise the top left contestant? :)
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

woodublieve12 wrote:Giles has nominated Essendon.

Geez Adelaide must stink is guys are picking Essendon over them
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't believe North let Greenwood go so easily. 25 seems way unders for an established inside, goal kicking mid.

Got rid of a player we don't need and secure a good pick in the draft where we are already a fair way back.

Very smart decision IMO, why sign a guy for 4 years when he has played 1 good one in 6?
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does he get a game ahead fo Swallow, Cunnington & Ziebell?

No. Good list management decision.
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like Harper also but his last 18 months have been terrible, looked like he was going to be a ripper 2 years back.
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:adelaide get cheany and lowden with 1 second to go!

cheaney, lowden, 43,57,59 to adelaide for hawthorns 31, 50, 68

i like lowden, not sure about cheaney

Crows hitting back hard after the Gunston trade!!!! :lol:
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please keep anything that has potential legal proceedings off the boards, we are saving you a lawsuit by removing them.

Thanks
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:
"At age six he was turned away from the Morphett Vale Football Club because he was considered too small to play in its under-8s team."

This would be because 6 year olds are not allowed to play Under 8's
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

Reckon Ill get back to the Bay in 2015 after having my protest in 2014 and not attending a game, mainly for my kids who have been asking why we aren't going anymore, the heart strings are pulling me back a bit as well, even though my head says I should stay away. Although don;t think Ill be attending anywhere near as many games as I used to as I got used to going to the SFL last year every Sat,
by Dutchy
Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

Crows are not squealing like Port
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

kickinit wrote:
What the SANFL have now done has shown how incompetent they are, plus have put themselves on the back foot for any support in the future.

Yeah they have done nothing for Port, wish I could get a $14m loan that I didnt have to pay back... :roll:
by Dutchy
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |