Search found more than 2089 matches

Return

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

So Unley get a NAB cup game and Crows get to play a home game against Sturt...I guess now all integrity has gone from the comp they might as well grab the ca$h
by Dutchy
Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Windies - Test series

it is poor bowling from Australia.

The bowling coach needs to take some responsibility for the actions.

but the question is also, what are the umpires doing?

how many no-balls are they missing??

its becoming lazy cricket

I don't know how the umpires do it at the high level, I umpired in a Hills B grade game 3 weeks back and struggled to watch the front foot and get the eyes up to watch the ball flight quick enough, let alone someone bowling twice as quick.

Simple answer is get the 3rd umpire to watch every front foot for every ball with a light system of some sort to confirm a legal delivery.
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

A bit of piss and wind early in the new year, but it's certainly nice to read none the less- it sounds as though the group has come back in really good shape with the number of PB's recorded.

Sammy Colquhoun setting himself to take over Cornes' mantle on the 3k'er

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-04/power-players-shape-up-with-top-timetrials

18 teams are flying at this time of year...I wish there was more focus on the % of the squad that complete full pre-season or majority of the sessions, I reckon that would relate well to how the team performs during the season proper. Im guessing clubs would not like this info to be made public.

You hear so many stories come late in the year how some ones's season was de-railed by not having an adequate pre-season.
by Dutchy
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

If Cotchin becomes a Brownlow medalist it will be the end of me, only positive out of this is we don't have to see Stanton getting 30+ ineffective possessions this year :)

While the members have been great and supported the club thru all this, you have to wonder if their patience is being tested and whether this will have long term off field ramifications.
by Dutchy
Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Monfries and Ryder should not be paid a cent this season by Port, the players need to then include any lost income from 2016 in their legal action against Essendon.
by Dutchy
Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No doubt Koch has been a big part of Port turning things around and they've done a sensational job from where they were. But the challenge is to sustain it, especially through the inevitable lean years. Seems similar to Cunningham's tenure. When he was there they were a totally different club but things went terribly awry almost as soon as he goes. Whether Koch can set Port up so well he's no longer required is his real challenge.

Just observations away from the pro Port media in this town. Sure they are getting the members, attendences are up and on field seems to be improving, however they seem to have not converted this into large profits and significant debt reduction. (unlike, dare I say it, Nth Melb)

KT admits they have effectively "bought" members back in 2014 by offering at cost memberships. This is an OK strategy if you can then covert these into profit making memberships, this is yet to be proven.

KT and Kochie have been there a while now but they need to put some runs on the board financially off field to set them up for long term sustainability. I'm not sure any level headed Port people will disagree with that.
by Dutchy
Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

Andrew Newbold steps down

Amazing club this one, the team first mentality extends right to the top, you would think a president at any other club in the same position would hang around for the glory of the 4 in a row.

Can't do anything but admire them, haven't made too many mistakes when big decisions needs to be made in the last decade.
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:So it looks like the 3 clubs down the hill have joined the SANFL comp. Will this make the clubs up the hill happy?

As long as they have Saturday junior teams in the SFL I can't see there being any issues
by Dutchy
Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFooty Cash League (SC)

Q. wrote:Any interest in SAFooty Cash Leagues in SuperCoach?

@Dutchy you still happy to hold the coin?

Yep...no dramas.
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Surely Dutchy has something negative to say about Wines signing???

Whats he doing in 2019? :D
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch has completed his mission of making the Power a “sustainable business”. Now he has to clear significant debt at Alberton.

“It is unacceptably high — it is as simple as that,” says Koch of the red ink on Port Adelaide’s financials.

The Power this month reported its first profit — $211,302 — in eight years, but lost in the analysis of Port Adelaide’s finances, particularly among the members at the club’s annual meeting, was the club’s long-standing debt.

While Port Adelaide has slashed its short-term borrowings in the past year — from $2.75 million to $340,819 — the club’s long-term loans have more than tripled from $2m to $6.675m.

In essence, the Power — which has increased its net assets to $4m to remain a viable business — has eased the immediate need to pay bills at Alberton.

“In previous years we’ve sought advances from the AFL to keep our heads above water,” Koch said. “Now we are on schedule with all our AFL payments.”

Port Adelaide ranks high among AFL club’s carrying debt beyond the league $5 million debt ceiling, a trigger than forces league to intervene in the club’s administration.

But the club’s growth to record membership (topping the Crows for the first time since 1991 in the SA market), record crowds at Adelaide Oval and record corporate support that has tripled to $18m in the past three years has taken Port Adelaide off the AFL’s high-concern list.

The debt, however, remains a concern at Alberton.

“We are working to bring that (debt) down,” Koch said. “You can only do that when you are back in the black. The first step is becoming cash-flow positive.

“We have a plan — get back in the black and then start chipping away at our debt.

“Now we are on track. We’ve made a profit. In the next few years we can make a serious dent on our debt.”

Koch inherited, by AFL decree, the Port Adelaide Football Club presidency in October 2012 after the Brett Duncanson administration became worn down by its fight to restructure the Power licence away from SANFL control and the failing stadium deal at Football Park.

Koch acknowledges former Port Adelaide chief executive Mark Haysman’s courageous campaign to take the Power — and AFL football — from West Lakes to the new Adelaide Oval has saved his club.

“A good stadium deal underpins the financial sustainability of a football club,” Koch said. “And Adelaide Oval is a sensational winner for us. It is a resounding success. It has underpinned our financial performances.”

Port Adelaide banked a $4.5m uplift in revenue at the Oval last season when compared to Football Park figures. This will increase to $6.5m this year.

Also significant in Port Adelaide’s financial statements is the club’s decision to report profit after depreciation — and not before as other AFL do. The pre-depreciation profit figure at Alberton is near $1 million, highlighting the positive turnaround in the business.

The Adelaide Football Club will declare its financial position — with a profit from a challenging Season 2015 — at its annual meeting on February 24.
by Dutchy
Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFooty Lobster League 2016

Q. wrote:SAFooty Lobster League 2016

League Code: 191771

$20 Entry

$260 Winner
$100 Runner-Up

@Dutchy will post bank details to transfer entry fee into. Please be prompt this time.

Account details -

BSB - 085005
A/C - 793191352
Name - SAFooty
by Dutchy
Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/national/garry-lyon-seriously-ill-depression-battle-genuine-jeff-kennett-says/news-story/3665f0bb1539295a408b9139fe53e432

Hopefully this mess can turn into a positive of some sort, the Footy Show could really champion the mental illness cause and make greater awareness in the "bloke world" community.

While no doubt both issues are linked, if Garry is to recover they need to be seperated, while what he did was an ordinary act, I don't think anyone wants Garry to not recover from this illness.
by Dutchy
Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Mt Lofty wore down Flaggies to make their first HCA GF in 27 years which will be heeld at Kangarilla v Meadows.
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Great figures considering a final and the opposition, who took the other wicket? :) Brings back memories of Scott Madsen taking all 10 wickets in an innings for Lofty against Onka's back in the late 90's.

SCIB's would have thought they were a huge show rolling Meadows for such a small score.

Lofty are the one team that have worried Meadows in recent years so will be a great battle this weekend.
by Dutchy
Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Was a bit surprised u15's in the HFL still use a synthetic undersized ball, has this always been the case?
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1197am RPH Adelaide SANFL Coverage

The main issue is the message this sends out, the league has some massive issues it needs to address at the moment yet someone there is putting time and energy into coffee cups that will be out of date in 5 days time!
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Broadcasting

Big Phil wrote:
saintal wrote:NO games telecast in rounds 8, 10, 19, 20 ,21 (3 straight weeks nearing finals)

Because of the Olympic Games coverage...

C7 will be covering 2 games in one weekend, in some instances, to make up for it...

In other words using the SANFL as its plaything....
by Dutchy
Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SAFooty.net SANFL Footy Tipping Comp - Prize$

SANFL Footy Tipping Comp is back!

- SANFL Only
- We follow the footytips rules
- Competition link - http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/SAFooty-net
- $100 1st Prize and SAFooty Stubbie Holders for 2nd,3rd,4th & 5th
- SANFL only comp for SAFooty.net all welcome but must be a member of SAFooty.net to win prizes, join now

Good Luck!
by Dutchy
Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Really Edgy back in form, first time Ive owned a horse that has been eased up before the post!
by Dutchy
Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Advetisers 2 standouts in the SANFL yesterday - Mitchell & Butcher!

Guess we will see if Dixon is going to be the recruit Port hoped for in the next few weeks, people seem to forget he has only played 60 games of AFL, and wouldn't be used to the scrutiny of a football mad town and media....going to be intriguing.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

On a positive there are 9 teams in the Sunday u14 comp, good to see some depth in the Sunday comp without Brighton, Marion and MVP.
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

R4: Norwood v Glenelg - Friday 15 April @ Coopers

NORWOOD
Norwood midfielder Mat Suckling will miss Friday night’s blockbuster against Glenelg with hamstring tightness.
Suckling’s return is unknown at this stage as he will undergo further examination from club medicos in the next 48 hours.
Speedy wingman Anthony Wilson returns from his hamstring strain for the 7.40pm bounce at Coopers Stadium while Ed Smart, Matthew Nunn and Alex Forster are all a chance to play their first IGA League match of the year.
Solid midfielder Peter Bampton is the only certain exclusion as he has been sent back to the Reserves.
Ruckman Sam Baulderstone will play his 50th IGA League match since arriving from the Mount Compass Football Club.

League
F: Persinos, Ferreira, Dawe
HF: Donohue, Johnston, Smart
C: Cachia, Panos, Fuller
HB: Roocke, Georgiou, Wilson
B: Bode, Levicki, Jefferies

R: Baulderstone, Kirwan, Webber
INT: Pascoe, M. Nunn, Denmead, A. Forster, Bartlett
IN: Wilson, Smart, M. Nunn, A. Forster
OUT: Suckling (hamstring), Bampton

Reserves
Peter, Giannini, Richards, Villis, T. Forster, Baldasso, Chippendale, Derham, Mitchell, Olsson, Cross, Bampton, Hupfield, Carter, Pitman, Viney, Auciello, Llewellyn, Miller. EMG – Ladhams, Zeni, Mozuras.

Under-18
Ariek, Astbury, Ball, Bielby, Blades, Breden, Carroll, Coles, DiStefano, Fahlbusch-Moore, George, Gerloff, Giro, Hewson, Hillcoat, Iannucci, Ladhams, Maxwell, North, Nunn, Nurton, Pedro, Pippett, Pisani, Siviour, Smith, Stewart, Zeni.

GLENELG
Former Sturt forward Ziggy Vitkunas could play his first IGA League match for Glenelg against Norwood at Coopers Stadium on Friday night.
Vitkunas, who kicked 77 goals for Mount Compass in the Great Southern Football League last year, played 11 League matches for the Double Blues between 2011 and 2014.
The 25-year-old – who measures in at 189cm and 90kg - has been named on the Tigers’ five-man extended interchange bench along with fellow inclusion Brad Merrett.
Former Crow James Sellar returns to the Bays’ back six after being a late withdrawal for the win against West in Round 2 due to a groin strain.
Former St Kilda forward Terry Milera has been sidelined by a groin ailment suffered against the Bloods on April 3.

League
F: Rioli, Alleway, Kirkby
HF: Sawford, Scott, Koster
C: Johansen, Snook, Joseph
HB: O’Keeffe, Agnew, Curran
B: Montgomery, Sellar, Howard

R: McGinty, Reinbrecht, Bradley
INT: Vitkunas, Nicholson, Proud, McFarlane, B. Merrett
IN: Sellar, B. Merrett, Vitkunas
OUT: Milera (groin)

Reserves
Chalmers, Christopher, Earl, Edwards, Galley, Godden, Haarsma, Hampton, Hill, Hosie, J. Pitt, Kenny, M. Merrett, McIntyre, Nason, Raikiwasa, Redden, Scharenberg, Sumner, Woodall, Woolard.

Under-18
Bonnici, J. Boyle, Buchanan, Cox, Dukalskis, Edwards, Evans, Fogarty, Hinge, McCabe, McCarthy, McCreery, McKay, Mackie, Martini, May, Milera, Morgan, Neal-Bullen, Pink, Plenty, Satala, Trembath, Walker, Yates.
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Anzac Day footy No TV or Radio?

And what if you are driving around in the car? or if you are a Digger at home with no internet?

More disrespect shown by the media and the SANFL to its own competition.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5: West v Eagles - Monday 25 April @ Adelaide Oval

Wedgie wrote:Did I hear correct that just over 3k were there today?
There's no way West v Eagles should have been on Anzac Day, what an embarrassment on one of our big days.

SANFL will blame the poor weather
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

Jim05 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Agree Jim, well done to Rance

I didn't say well done!
Not sure he had to call a press conference and make huge deal about it

He didn't have to do it, but he wanted to do it...good on him, not sure many AFL players would do that.
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Easy,
Just reduce the byes from 5 to 4 and fund it!

I understand the comments about technology and the older generation but there isn't much you can do about that...

Via the official SANFL App, it is so easy to listen to the game and if you have a mobile device, you can listen to the call whilst driving around in the car, either via bluetooth or on the speaker of your phone...

It's not as hard or as bad as people are making it out to be...

Any coverage is better than NO coverage, surely?

Which ever way you put it the SANFL is less accessible than ever before.

When they did a great job in steaming the Glenelg v Norwood game 2 weeks ago, then never promoted it, people just stumbled upon it online. Then we find out there is a full replay of the ANZAC day clash, why wasn't that streamed?

What sort of numbers are you getting listening in on the stream Phil?
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't have thought a live broadcast of a teams match impacts on the crowd to the extent that people will stay home to watch it either on TV or YouTube.
Neither would I, but that is the only reason why I can think the clubs and the league don't promote it sooner...

With our crowds dwindling using the live stream on youtube is a perfect way to get new audiences to the league if used and promoted correctly.

Much like shield cricket and racing, use it as a tool to promote the league, and maybe this forward thinking may get more people going to games.

At the moment it seems its amateur hour at the SANFL with trying to promote the league. The cycnic would suggest they/AFL want it to dwindle so it does not provide an material alternative to the AFL which is was for a number of years.
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Jim05 wrote:Cale Hooker signs a new 5 year deal, Hurley looks like the next to be announced

Can someone tell me when Hooker became an A grader? I must have missed that bus...

5 year deal for a 29yo? Freo got away with on there I suspect
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 LIVE Scores

So no chance of listening to the live stream while at the game I presume?

None.

It can be done, but not ideal, obviously...

Perhaps I should just tell the league to not bother with streaming any more and just have 1 game on radio and 1 on TV, then?

Can't keep everyone happy, unfortunatelty...

Phil - this is a massive change to what has been provided to SANFL fans for decades, so understandably there are a number of questions that come with it.

I have given a number of compliments on the live youtube stream, I think this is the way forward for the coverage.
by Dutchy
Tue May 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the blame sits with the SANFL not RPH
Not saying the bame is on RPH, what I was referring to is that because a decision was made for RPH not to call in 2016 so late in the piece, it meant there was very little time to get the streaming up and running from a personell and, more importantly, equipment perspective...

2 weeks wasn't much time...

Especially when the initial discuissions for all this were initiated back in October last year...

Some feet were certainly dragged, somewhere...

SANFL should have been making sure RPH were locked in 2 months prior to the season, not 2 weeks. I guess the coffee cups were more important.
by Dutchy
Tue May 03, 2016 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy 2016

Think ive found one tomorrow Gents, 10 of the Port Magpies playing tomorrow are AFL listed players, but 6 are yet to play an AFL game. West coming off the bye, Port off a 6 dayer, Port only won one more game and wet weather to hit tomorrow, this line is juicy. Biggest bet of the year, let see how it goes.

SANFL
West Adelaide +33.5
3.5 units @ $1.90

West Adelaide Win
0.50 unit @ $5.50
by Dutchy
Sat May 07, 2016 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Kudos to the Christies Beach FC for their strong support of our Gold round game yesterday, an important day for our club.
by Dutchy
Sun May 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8, mate.

Shessh the view is nice up here 8)
by Dutchy
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Carey's campaign has come off, he will be pulling himself big time this week, Toumpas is out and Amon is in

You f@#king beauty!

Watch Port's clanger count half! And we save some cash as there is now no need for 4 new sets of game day jocks! Squib

#bringbackthetoump
by Dutchy
Mon May 16, 2016 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8, mate.

Brodlach wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Shessh the view is nice up here 8)

#maypremiers #premiershipsarenothandedoutinmay

Give me some credit, I did wait until Round 8 :D
by Dutchy
Mon May 16, 2016 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

So club X makes $100k profit as mandated by the SANFL so it ticks that box....but has debts that require a $300k annual commitment, they are still going backwards $200k per annum which needs to come from somewhere, which could be cash reserves, asset sale or even more debt.

So how does that benefit anyone?
by Dutchy
Thu May 19, 2016 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are told live streaming of matches can't happen due to the expense, yet the u16's GF was streamed today????!

Can be done, like it was today at Alberton, will be just limited to a certain amount of games...

The State Game next weekend will be Video Streamed, LIVE from Adelaide Oval next Sunday...

I saw the live stream from Alberton today, again it was good to watch, why don't the SANFL promote this??? Surely its the future and part of their growth strategy??
by Dutchy
Sun May 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Coaches - Who is the first to get sacked?

Buckley and Hardwick getting contract extensions this year is just puzzling.

I can see merit in Buckley as he has a young list and he is developing their list for a crack in 2-4 years time.

Hardwick is the complete opposite, no idea how he escapes so much of the spotlight. Where are the Richmond kids coming thru?
by Dutchy
Mon May 23, 2016 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good Luck HK, Really Edgy back from a short break in at Balak on Wednesday
by Dutchy
Mon May 30, 2016 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bruised foot, not too bad should be running again shortly
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Great to see a DOTG line up with all 90's bands 8)
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Remember the SANFL line "Something is better than nothing surely?" !!!!
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Tony Shaw...no idea how he has gotten a free ride in the media over the years, gives absolutely nothing insightful, much like cRowey
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

Booney wrote:Firrito, he really is a spud, isn't he? Laughed my head off when Breust nails a goal right on 3/4 time to make it just over a goal and North needed two to get in front.

I see what you did there
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The handouts never stop
by Dutchy
Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope we reconsider our stance. One, tell the government to keep the money or two, and preferably, give half the $50k to our Foodbank charity and the other $25k to the Little Hero's Foundation. It's ridiculous to think giving us $50k compensates people for missing 10 minutes of the footy.

I walked in at the 3 minute mark, not all that bad considering the goings on in Syria etc.....life could be a little tougher.

Absolute waste of money.

Agree, government and the club could have held a feel good presser, donated funds to charity and all would have rec'd positive good will and no backlash at all. Instead it has caused more than $50k in damage to the government and possibly Port.
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 - Central v Adelaide @ Elizabeth

Phil is doing his job and you can't criticise what he has done, in fact he has done a great job in thinking outside the square to engage his community/zone. Maybe a free ticket to all attendees for another game later in the season might be a way to get them back?
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Which current SANFL Captain played country footy last Sat?

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AdelaideCrows/Images/Carey%202016.jpg

Is this where the competition is at now? Is still the captain, yet while his team is playing at Elizabeth in a critical SANFL match he was at Echunga Oval playing against Uraidla.

Still think this competition hasn't suffered from the Crows coming in????
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |