Search found 30 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

So you come in to the GSFL as an average player, you play like an average player, then leave as a sought after highly paid commodity?
by LuvsFooty
Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

I think to be promoted it should be : Win A grade premiership plus finish top of club championship. This would ensure that the club coming up is strong across the entire club.
Relegation criteria to remain the same.
by The Panther
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finding it a bit rich from one Andrew Jarman talking about how player payments in country football are getting out of control on radio recently. You can't tell me that both Marlon and Daniel mot lop would be travelling up to the sandpit for peanuts. Also David Krause is a darwin boy who played with them at Wanderers, that would not have come cheap either. Let's see how far it gets them.
by chopper7
Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was just think the exact opposite. Imagine if either Onka Valley or Hahndorf went down to Country Division? I think that would be an absolute disaster for the HFL. Both have a week A grade side this year but are strong in all other grades. Hahndorf probably have the strongest junior club in the HFL and even have 2 under 13 and under 15 sides!

Similar to Mount Lofty going down

Actually, nothing like Mt Lofty at all.

Lofty were poor across most grades last year, hence they finished bottom of the total points ladder (in addition to winning the A and B grade wooden spoons). If they were strong in all other grades they would have stayed up.
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must be a full moon - so many ridiculous posts with drama queen overtones.

Legs Man - the reason Echunga are even in Central Division is because a majority of the Clubs wanted the HFL to act in accordance with the by-laws. That's why they voted to make Mt Lofty go down - to honour the by-laws. So it follows that if the by-laws are good enough to get you promoted, then they're certainly good enough to see you relegated if you finish bottom of the points table - simple. Your club knew the rules of relegation before the season started.

I note you state that TV were given a 2 year moratorium to stay in Central. 100% Incorrect, Why invent a fact to support your argument when it's clearly not true? If TV had of finished bottom in their first year up, then they would have come down. As it turned out, no team in Country asked to come up that year anyway.
You also answered your own question when you talk about the cost to "finance" the A grade team as a reason to downplay the points given for junior teams. You do see your flawed logic don't you? The strength of a club is more than the size of their cheque book. Hahndorf are likely to win the A grade wooden spoon this year yet are also likely to win all 3 junior premierships. Surely the fact that Echunga are paying more than Hahndorf for A grade wins doesn't mean they need to be given a concession. Despite Echunga playing A grade finals and Hahndorf likely to win the spoon, I know which club is stronger.

Finally, Looks Good in Leather - surprised you think Bridgewater are in danger given they have to play Uraidla and Echunga, so between the senior colts and B grade will be over 150 points without much effort.
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL C Grade discussion

We favour a 'stand alone' C Grade comp played on Sundays which we believe will be a great equaliser while encouraging families to attend.

What about a stand alone comp on Saturdays would you be interested??[/quote]

A very good suggestion Tanka. I don't think this idea has been floated as far as I know. It would certainly ensure that keen and genuine C Graders play, as there wouldn't be any A or B graders available to top up sides. It would also be more family-friendly. Country Cs Friday night footy is just too hard for many, especially if you have players doing outdoor physical day jobs until 5, travel over 50 kms, have a meat pie on the run and be on the ground by 7, not to mention support staff.
It has also been challenging for away sides playing Cs on Saturday nights after the home spectators have been at the ground all day. Not an easy gig.
We would be very intested.
by Hear the roar
Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can someone from Onkas please tell me why a convicted criminal is again playing for them after recent release on parole. Has anyone cared to read the court report in relation to this serious offence? Why would a club allow a person of this character to return?

Not sure of the scenario, but surely if someone has been released on parole, then people with much higher qualifications and experience than your average football committee have determined that they are suitable to go and participate in society again. A football club/organised sport is a very good environment for someone who is trying to get their life back on track by re-joining society in hopefully a more positive way than what got them into trouble in the first place.

Then again I have no idea what the crime and situation was that had them in trouble in the first place, and the assumption is made the club has assessed the risks, but football clubs provide an exceptional service to the community in assisting people like this.
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can someone from Onkas please tell me why a convicted criminal is again playing for them after recent release on parole. Has anyone cared to read the court report in relation to this serious offence? Why would a club allow a person of this character to return?

Very poor post from a faceless person that has very little intelligence. Shame, shame, shame
by overthehill
Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With all due respect, the make-up at the time of the SFL is similar to what the Hills FL is now with Sedan-Cambrai & Milang the only genuine country teams left.

The Hills region is as much Adelaide metro as areas like Aldinga and McLaren Flat were at the time I was referring to (remembering also Kangarilla & Meadows were part of the equation). Hills is effectively a Metro league these days, with a few outlying towns.

It is certainly the most comparable recent example and a lot of lessons can be taken from it.

Thanks for the geography lesson - I'm sure the good folk of Macclesfield, Meadows, Kersbrook, Sedan, Milang, Mt Torrens, Mt Pleasant, Birdwood and Gumeracha will be pleased to know they're now in the metropolitan area.

Point remains the same, the smaller clubs will have no option but to consider a merging, or sign up for the C grade comp.

Maccy, Meadows, Mt Torrens & Birdwood are all similar distances from the CBD as Aldinga & Gawler
Kersbrook and Gumeracha are closer
I talked about Sedan & Milang as being genuine country
When was the last time Mount Pleasant was used, isn't Torrens Valley based at Mount Torrens?

Dismiss the points I have made if you really believe SFL was a fully metropolitan league in the late nineties, even one of your "country" teams you mentioned above (Meadows) was playing in that Metropolitan league at that time.

The relevant experience I was trying to get across was:
Up until the mid 90s the SFL Div2 comp was quite competitive. In 1995 Mitchell Park joined Div1 making it 11 teams in Div1 & 8 in Div2 (similar to what is being suggested for next season in hills). 1997 went crazy, Brighton joined Div1 and entered their C & D grade in the Div2 comp (made a 12-9 split). Coming from the Amateurs they had underestimated the strength of Div2 and there were a number of record scores against them. The Div2 was also starting to see a divide with some reasonably strong teams and some very weak teams. A number of very high margins were occurring at that stage.
The decline progressed in 1998 when McLaren Vale and McLaren Flat merged making a 12-8 split. Meadows went the season without a win and left at the end of the season making it a 12-7 split. The second division by this stage was a very unattractive proposition for the lower Div1 clubs with 3 strong teams (Kangarilla, Aldinga, McLaren), 2 half competitive teams (Lonsdale & Mitchell Park) and 2 very weak teams (Cove & Brighton thirds).
In 2000 the Brighton experiment was brought to a halt (after a number of 40 goal losses), being left with only 6 teams and McLaren wanting out, the league pushed two sides down to balance it better making it 10-8, the damage had been done however.
Mitchell Park and McLaren left at the end of the season reducing it to a 6 team competition. This lasted one season until it was determined to be unviable (4 team U/18 comp, 5 team U/16 & U/14 comps). At the end of the 2001 season, the two divisions were combined to form one 16 team competition (based on the AFL at that time). As a result of this the Lonsdale & O'Sullivan Beach teams merged to make it 15 teams.

Of the 6 teams of that final Div2 season, 2 have become strong clubs (Cove & Flagstaff Hill), 1 left (Kangarilla) and the other two have struggled (Aldinga & the combined OSB/Lonsdale team).

The Saturday juniors have been impacted severely as the Div2 comp traditionally failed to match the junior structure of Div1. This season has seen it hit a low with only 10 teams fielded in the U/16 & U/14 competitions and down to only 8 clubs fielding a full set of teams in their own right in all the 5 Saturday grades.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

The clubs set the by-laws every year and then vote on any amendments/full scale changes as needed. The HFL are there to observe and govern by the laws set down by the clubs. You and your club know this - as do all other clubs.

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country -* STUPID !!

edited for accuracy ;)
by woodublieve12
Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

The clubs set the by-laws every year and then vote on any amendments/full scale changes as needed. The HFL are there to observe and govern by the laws set down by the clubs. You and your club know this - as do all other clubs.

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country -* STUPID !!

edited for accuracy ;)

Its not stupid, it actually promotes a league that worries about all grades rather than just the A grade which is short sighted and ridiculous in my opinion. There are other reasons why echunga should stay up as ive already stated, but the rules arent crazy and echunga knew the rules before they come up and they actually agreed to them.
by batmanbegins
Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is no way that a league director would sanction me to even stand for election.

The implementation of a business savvy CEO is the best option moving forward which then takes the onus away from the directors and a lot of criticism is deflected.
There could be savings made by simply having a centrally located office for the CEO and 2 other employees with the HFL meetings being held on a rotational basis at HFL clubs.
This would mean that a headquarters as such is not required and the expense that goes with it.
This also gets the board closer to each club and provides a greater alliance and understanding between all parties.
No remuneration is paid to directors as this is a voluntary position e.g no payments for ground inspections, running the footy budget etc etc,

Our competition now generates the income to be run as a business and should be treated this way which would also mean the constitution would become part of the business structure and be formalised in an equitable and legal sense.

My opinion is that 11 apps points should be allocated to all clubs allowing more quality players into hills footy and therefore spreading the remuneration while also diminishing the mercenary footballer's bargaining power.
Each club is then given the same opportunity - with no permits allowed - and there is no argument that anyone is favoured .

While this appears fair in principle, its not what the APPS is designed for in country footy, there are too many other factors that make it an uneven playing field as it stands, where the points system is in principle designed to even out the competition "make it fair"...

Withouth being too technical about it, the population, demographic, socio-economic factors that play a major part in participation numbers (and therefore by weight of numbers that equates to playing depth) already makes every club different (or uneven for this argument). What the points system is designed to do is try and even out those differences by allowing players from outside the league population to join a particular club to give it a better chance of competing with other clubs.

Given that intention, the only way to apply points to clubs is based on performance. And heres the example:

Club A wins premiership and based on past 3 years performance is allowed 6 point to retain exisitng recruits or replace one that leave. This mark sets the current benchmark for the rest of the competiton.
Club D runs fourth this year and accounting for previous 3 years performance and is allocated 10 points. This indicates (based on performances not opinions) that Club D requires the use of 4 extra points (to be used as they see fit) to take them to a level that should be equal in relative terms to Club A.
Club H finishes eighth and allowing for previous 3 years results is allocated 15 points. This indicates (based on performances not opinions) that Club H requires the use of 9 extra points (to be used as they see fit) to take them to a level that should be equal in relative terms to Club A.

Every club is assessed without prejudice based purely on past performace to indicate what allowance of outside support is required to make them competitive with the competition benchmark.

If every player/import was of the same ability then this would be a pretty accurate formulae to determine points allocation (and is still the best way).
Where clubs get it wrong, is how THEY decide to use their points allocation.

Dont get confused with the ammo's where they give everyone 15 points and let promotion and relegation create the so called even divisions, they prom/releg is hugley relevant over the number of divisions they have, the relegation / promtion issue here is minimal at best as its not even a given to happen every year.

people use the APPS as an excuse as a limitation, but forget thats exactly what its designed to do in country footy, giving everyone 15 points will only see an EPL like results, where the bigs clubs with big populations, good juniors and plenty of $$$ win it every year and everyone else battle just to make the finals!
by RooShootOhh
Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well should be a cracking week to open up the season this saturday, here are my tips:
Echunga V lobethal- Match of the round will be a great battle between two quick and skillful sides. Im going to go with lobethal just but it wouldnt suprise me if echunga get up and a lot may depend on if carey is down at the crows or not. The jenkin brothers, nitchske, baust and wills versus lindsay, edwards, jennings and guy is the key battle as whoever dominates the midfield battle will win and cranna against luccon in the ruck should be a cracking battle. Should be a high scoring affair as both teams play attacking footy and have a ton of talent up forward but lobethal always start of the year superbly and i reckon will continue that in a game that will sum up how good country footy is. Lobethal by 5 points.
Onka Valley V Ironbank- Big game as both need to start well after disappointing last year. Onkas will be a lot better this year assuming they dont have the injuries they did to start last year and Ironbank have added some class players to their list. Added to that is Mcgahey against his old club which will add to the banter but i think the addition of hitchcock and devisser will be decisive in Ironbank picking up the win. Onka's have only added Grocke that i am aware of and he wont be their till later in the year so they are going to rely heavily leonard to kick some goals. The game they played in round 17 last year was a ripper and hopefully we get a similar game to that, Motlop will also be a key shut him down and onkas are a big chance. Ironbank by 2 goals.
Hahndorf V Torrens Valley- If torrens want to be a good side these are the games they must win, they have lost a few but picked up some handy players to make up for that, whilst hahndorf have picked up some guns but lost Daniel roberts whilst handby wont be playing most weeks due to coaching commitments. O'sullivan will dominate this game and lead torrens to a victory but i am interested to see how Boras and the ellis Brothers work together up forward as they all want the footy but if that comes of there going to be hard to stop as there is some serious talent there and the hahndorf defence will have it's work cut out for them. Torrens by 6 goals.
Lofty V Blackwood- I think lofty will give blackwood a big push but in the end the class of the woodies will be telling. Hopefully miles has recovered from his ankle injury as if they lose him there buggered but assuming hes playing they need him, nielsen, burch and new recruit childs to dominate for them to be a chance plus the young guns in clements, van paridon, etc to step up. However, Blackwood with Bricknell and thompson will be to hard to stop as lofty dont have a ruckman to go with thompson who will have a field day hitting it to bricknell and edwards which is the reason why blackwood will win but lofty will make it hard as they always do. Blackwood by 3 goals.
Barker V Uraidla- Never rule out uraidla but I've got a feeling about Mt barker this year, they were buggered by injury last year but i think we all forget how good they were the previous 3 years where they were the best team by miles just not on grand final day twice. They have added hill, wakefield and obushak returns after a Knee reco plus block and hughes are fit, whilst Uri's have lost dan ebert, vidic, Kluvanek to sturt and maybe one or two more retired. Uri never peak early whilst mt barker will be fit and raring to go for round 1 after a bad year last year and I can see them winning this quite easily as I just think there to quick and fit for Uri's earlier in the year. Mt Barker by 5 goals.
by batmanbegins
Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Ironbank had 16 locals that have played through the junior system on Saturday.
That would have to be close to the most across both divisions i would think.

Beard
Muirden
Watton
Smith
Thomas
Tagliaferri
Adams
Burke
Cross
Desengo
Heithersay
Hulme
Morgan
Van De Berg
Walter
Evans

Bridgewater Raiders starting 21 on Saturday consisted of 18 Raiders juniors.
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Relegation table: (pos. change)
Hahndorf - 105 (-)
Blackwood - 93 (-)
Uraidla Districts - 91 (-)
Lobethal - 84 (+1)
Mount Barker - 69 (-1)
Torrens Valley - 60 (-)
Mount Lofty District - 57 (-)
Ironbank-Cherry Gardens - 55 (-)
Echunga - 45 (-)
Onkaparinga Valley - 31 (-)
by Look Good In Leather
Mon May 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone from outside the HFL will update it for you soon no doubt. :D

As you wish:

Relegation table: (pos. change)
Hahndorf - 128 (-)
Blackwood - 116 (-)
Uraidla Districts - 106 (-)
Lobethal - 84 (-)
Mount Barker - 77 (-)
Torrens Valley - 75 (-)
Mount Lofty District - 70 (-)
Ironbank-Cherry Gardens - 63 (-)
Echunga - 55 (-)
Onkaparinga Valley - 31 (-)
by Look Good In Leather
Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

any early tips for the medal???

as far as Hahndorf is concerned scott paul and darcy hourigan must be polling well.

I saw Echunga play and pete Lindsay was outstanding, I am sure he must be polling.
and Thompson from Blackwood was outstanding the day I saw him too.

I thought Lindsay would win it last year but he only polled 6 votes couldn't believe it. Tim Jenkins always polls well for Lobe, Jennings from echunga has been very good and probably Hitchcock would poll well for us.
Thompson would be close to Favourite he's been fantastic and Paul for you guys has been consistently good.

good summative sniper....sounds like both teams had opportunities.

do people agree that both TV and Hahndorf are going to be there when the whips are cracking???
who are the others, or is the picture still murky?

It's a cracking season I think any of the top 7 could win on their day, My tip probably would still be echunga but Hahndorf have been superb as have TV. I don't think Uri's will win it but you never know and it's crazy that Lobethal aren't even in the 5. Blackwood have gone unnoticed this year but are playing really solid football. Going to be a fascinating final 8 rounds. Wouldn't surprise me if Barker cause a few upsets on the way home also.

Echunga are still favourites in my eyes. Not sure what happens with Carey at the end of the season, he seems to be in the crows best squad very easily at the moment. Echunga have a few injuries and as long as they can get themselves to the top 3 they will make the Grand Final. Torrens Valley 2nd best side I believe. Very big forward line capable of kicking 20 plus goals. Echunga’s weakness is their back half so they would be nervous about The Lions. Handorf are very capable, you quick and exciting. If Wittwer comes back and Darc keeps playing all year they will take some beating, backline is very under rated. Lobey and Blackwood are the roughies for me, if they finish top 5 they could both win it. We saw the other week what Lobey were capable of. Ironbank and Uraidla are two very good sides who IMHO miss the 5, showing how good the comp is. Uraidla power side of the comp for a decade and just look shot. Ironbank have left it too late and needed to snatch a couple more games early on.
by TheBull
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We blooded a few s/colts that day in the Agr maybe you should try the same thing and ready them for senior football.
The mighty tigers did it a few years ago to avoid relagation.
Cracks enjoy the drive to kersbrook and gumeracha

Wow - taking pop shots at teams being relegated now are we? Classy.

As to the "B grade stacking game" last year, well you certainly got you moneys worth out of Luke Carey that day.....or at least someone got their money's worth, I've lost track who's paying for who out your way.......
It's what we've come to expect from someone who claimed to be kicking goals from the HBF in the GF, but in reality had been retired for 20 years. His comments are so far off the majority of peoples opinions in the HFL (even his own clubs opinions are way off his), I generally try to ignore his crap but he does what trolls do best & suck us in to biting.
Be interesting to see Kersbrooks facilities, last time Onkas played them they were still at the ground opposite the tavern. Kersbrook also have 4 or 5 ex Onkas boys playing so that will be fun to watch, especially if the Pfeiffer twins line up on each other, red cards galore. :D
by cracka
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

after 5 rounds the top 5 are almost settled..... is this the way all out there expect to see the business end of the season playing out??

Top 5
Birdwood - Currently Undefeated have a solid midfield & some tall timber up forward which will cause headaches for defenders (on a dry day). Expect them to finish in the Top 5 maybe not as high as they currently are and the end prediction will be 3rd.
Bridgewater - Only loss so far to Kersbrook (was that due to the fact it was a quality side on a larger oval? all other wins have been at home or against bottom teams). Still have quality across the ground and will be hungry to finish top 3. Prediction is they will be top come the business end of the season.
Nairne B - Only loss to Bridgewater at their home (small oval might have upset Nairne with their press & run). Expect them to finish 2nd
Kersbrook - Always around the mark will do enough to squeeze into the final 5 (4th my expectation) and then do some damage if they also qualify roger for the finals series.

Then there is the next 3 - Gumeracha, Macclesfield & Meadows - depends weather any of these three can cause an upset throughout the year to the other top 4 as to who takes 5th spot.... also who gets the win over who in the return games... at this stage Macclesfield seems the stronger out of all three but Meadows did knock them off at home... will be interesting to see what happens on the return matches.
by B&F
Tue May 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard today that a Maccesfield player in the B grade King hit a Birdwood player that wouldn't harm a fly. He ended with 15 stitches to his eye socket. They said that neither umpires officiating would have seen it as it was behind play. I hope Birdwood club report the offender. This act isn't part ofHills footy

If that true, that is disgraceful.
Thought that things were getting better in country footy in that regard but perhaps not.
Certainly some interesting characters running around in Maccy B's this year
Yep, cowardly act from the brain-dead moron from Maccy. And the worse part was the high-fives and pats on the back he was getting on the bench once he was sent off. :evil:
The Maccy supporters even had the nerve to whinge that he shouldn't have got sent off because the umpires didn't see it!
Seriously, footy society has moved on from this type of on-field violence 5 years ago but apparently the Maccy and Gum B graders didn't get the memo (probably couldn't read it anyway).
Let's hope the HFL make a stand against this once and for all and suspends him for 10+
But I won't hold my breath.....
by The Gimp
Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why don't we return to the times when the courier use to name and shame these perpetrator's. Perhaps then they mightn't thinks its funny when they have split someone's head open behind play or flashed the crown jewels to the crowd. They do it for drink drivers etc . Has Birdwood put in a club report??[/ quote]

From my understanding they have. Umpires would have trouble seeing the incident as it was that far behind play.

Not even behind the play; there was no play. A goal had been scored and the ball was being brought to the middle. There was no melee, no scuffle or any push and shove. By all reports was completely out of the blue and unprovoked.
Will be interesting how the HFL go. Birdwood filed a report for a strike a few weeks ago, backed up by video footage and the HFL did nothing. No video footage this time.
Surely common sense is used here... they take a look at the photos of the outcome and they have to do something about it... if they did nothing with video footage/evidence then seems unlikely they will do anything with a photo, pi$$ poor!!

A player in the SAAFL earlier this season got reported after a game, the club filed a report during the week after the game, showed pictures and he got 3 games for it. No video or photographic evidence to say he committed the incident yet still got 3 games... if the HFL don't make a stand on this then maybe they are the pathetic ones as well...
by cossi11
Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No sour grapes.
They got one back on us after the pastings we gave them
The last two years.
When was their last premiership ?
Yep, until last Saturday we were the only club not to have beaten Echunga since they returned to div 1.
Our last premiership was in 94.
Just out of curiosity when was Echungas last non tax payer funded div 1 flag. :D
by cracka
Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[url][/url] The HFL board is a rabble! They make it very difficult for everyone. In the end birdwood were told, first, that they were to host the grand final and in the end that's where it's being held. Not sure why they tried to change it to kersbrook if they didn't intend on having it there.

Oh well, hopefully the oval does hold up as you've said and we get a cracker game of footy!

The fact is they did intend to have it at Kersbrook from the start of the finals if Kersbrook didn't make it. Well that's what Kersbrook were told and obviously birdwood were told it was there's it just depends on which board member you were talking too
by Kick'n Back
Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes and yes

Does anyone know if the Nairne player has actually been reported for slapping the card out of the umpires hand?

Have heard for abuse and the card slapping. He'll get a long holiday that for sure and not sure his record is that great either. Might not be just finished at Nairne......he can possibly concentrate on his Kyani sales now.
Lets hope they do anger management supplements!! :lol:
by The Gimp
Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Given the chat about A1 tribunal reports and red cards can't find any on the leagues site.
Can anyone show me where they appear given it is 5 days after the round.
Maybe there were none.

Go to http://www.adelaidefootball.com.au/tribunals-investigations/ then click on Tribunal List 2017. The tribunal hearings for reports from last Saturday's games aren't listed yet. There is usually a few days delay.
2 games for attempting to strike?

Would that be like throwing a haymaker but missing?

What do the numbers in brackets mean in the matches column eg 2 (1) or 0 (1) etc? is that a sentence and then a suspended sentence?

Correct.
by jo172
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Given the chat about A1 tribunal reports and red cards can't find any on the leagues site.
Maybe there were none.

Go to http://www.adelaidefootball.com.au/tribunals-investigations/ then click on Tribunal List 2017. The tribunal hearings for reports from last Saturday's games aren't listed yet. There is usually a few days delay.

What do the numbers in brackets mean in the matches column eg 2 (1) or 0 (1) etc? is that a sentence and then a suspended sentence?

Spot on
by Inallseriousness
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe there were none.

Affirmative.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Northern Areas gossip

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tanka wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:Broughton throwing a bit of cash around is the news

Gene Robinson and Billy Hayes from Mannum.....

So they have Billy, Gene.......................

You'll be waiting awhile for the good country folk to get that one LM
by daysofourlives
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you look at the junior comp as a whole. There are 9 Div 2 Teams yet only 4 sides in each of the U14,U16 and U18 comps.
Mt Barker have the largest population, but also feed other clubs like Nairne, Hahndorf and other close by clubs.
There are other Div 1 clubs who are struggling for numbers in all grades, some may not field sides in grades. Remember Nairne, now in Div 1 couldn't field an U18 team last year.

The HFL have a massive amount to answer for here. Their ignorance and arrogance is seeing the sport, and in turn clubs on their knees, What will happen in 2 years or 5 years time for those clubs that cant field junior teams? To date, the HFL is providing nothing more than lip service to the clubs and do not have any form of strategy going forward, except to try to flog products from their major sponsor.
by kikittome
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |