Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

post from Mt Lofty's facebook:

Dear All

Update on the HFL promotion & relegation matter;

On Monday night 11th November 2013 at 7.30 pm the Mt lofty Districts Football Club along with all other Central & Country league Clubs, will again be in attendance at the HFL office to hear an amended motion (to our motion put forward last week) before the League moved by the Board of the HFL.

The Hills Football League Board moves that By Law 18.1.5.be deleted. 18.1.5 currently reads; Central Division to consist of no more than 10 clubs.

The amendment will remove the current stipulation that "the Central Division will consist of no more than 10 clubs" and provide flexibility to increase the number of clubs to cater for growth in the Hills Football Community or special circumstances that will strengthen the HFL.

Mt Lofty Football Club have the full support of the HFL in this amended motion. The MLDFC have confidence the League clubs will support the amended motion and we have installed enormous trust in the HFL to be acting in the best interests of MLDFC & the entire Hills Football League.

In the unlikely event the amended motion is not passed our special Sub Committee formed in this matter assure its members & players your clubs future is in very good & capable hands.

Watch this space for further updates.

Hang on a minute. I don't quite get this. When you say "Mt. Lofty have the full support of the HFL in this amended motion", what do you mean? Isn't the HFL the "League" and isn't the "League" the Clubs? So how can you have "full support" when the motion hasn't been voted on by all Club Delegates? And how can the "Board" move that motion when the "Board" is comprised of persons with interests in their own individual club?
I think this whole situation calls for some proper legal advice before everything goes pear-shaped and Hills Footy is ruined forever.
by The Crumber
Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL C Grade discussion

Cant wait for the response

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I went to the game to collect a mate and we stayed for the game and tea. I have no affiliation with either side and was completely sober and we watched the game from the wing in front of the clubrooms. The game seemed to be played in good spirits and I certainly didn't witness any knuckles, snipers or anything described apart from the dodgey bump which happened right in front of me. It was marginally high and very, very late. It floored a small player which is never good for the game. It changed the tone of the game in that Uraidla players around us who were indeed drunk applauded it and called for more.
A Milang player was sent off not long after. There was a skirmish, again right in front of us. Hits rather than punches were thrown, two each from a Milang and Uri player. This is fact. We didn't see any other aggression during the game.
We felt the umpiring was very ordinary and very disappointing if it's the best HFL can offer.
As for trainers getting involved, all we witnessed was a Milang timekeeper coming out of the box to take issue at quarter time.
The Milang gameplan warrants a reply. I watched them with interest several times last year including the finals. The team we saw on the offending night wasn't a patch on the team we saw last year, especially in the Grand Final. They played from behind all night and I would have to agree they didn't lay a tackle or win a hard ball.
by The Crumber
Tue May 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

I couldn't help but notice the total absence of a single mention of the HFL Div. 3 Grand Final in this week's Courier. I think this says it all in terms of the interest and respect the HFL has for this competition.

No-one in their right mind would nominate to be part of the existing HFL Board.

There needs to be a vote of no confidence in the entire Board and all positions declared vacant. There is a provision for this in the Constitution if the majority of member clubs agree. All it needs is a few clubs with enough b***ls to make it happen.
by The Crumber
Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |