Search found 541 matches

Return

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

Perhaps a clue in dissidents original post. The old forum was a bitch to maintain, the new one isn't. It's not all about you, princess!
by smac
Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes bi can be confusing
by dedja
Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adults should not alienate masses of people by suddenly forcing unwanted changes upon them.
Conferring with the actual users of this forum first would seem to have been polite.
Change is inevitable, South Australians in general don't like change, that's why we are looked at as a stagnant back water by the rest of the country.
Diss did have some of the mod's trying the forum out for a while before releasing it, could you imagine if he tried to fit the individual needs of every forum user into the final product, it would be a disaster.

Amongst other things, this format doesn't seem as easy to read as it was before.
The wishy-washy grey script is probably annoying a lot of folk.
Can all the print be made a few shades darker please ?
Although too pale, the headings are a good size, but a darker font for posts might lead to the
site being better accepted. Black would be best in my opinion, but at least darker than at present
would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Sabre. At least that is constructive, a few other posters could learn from that.
by Ian
Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

Just about had it with Sportsbet.
The app is f#cking useless! It keeps freezing/failing to load.
Saturday I had to uninstall the app then reinstall it four times.
Customer service claim they hadn't had any other complaints which I think is BS.
I know others who have the same issue, you also only have to read the feedback on the App Store also.
by Spargo
Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

try m.sportsbet.com.au in your mobile browser, much easier than the app
by Dutchy
Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South vs West Round 1

Panther Pack wrote:There's a buzz building down South!!!!

Heard crowd may be bigger than expected!!!!!

Definitely a good and different vibe around the place.

South by 3 to 4 goals.
by southee
Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

For those of you hard of reading, I'll write it again. The ABC didn't want to do it any more.

Simply put, NO CHANNEL 7, NO FOOTBALL TELECAST!!

Do you know that for sure? They are still broadcasting the WAFL this season. What you said, Hazydog. It's a myth that the ABC had made the decision to scrap SANFL coverage. There is not a single reliable source for the claim (and no, beenreal repeating something over and over is not a 'reliable source'). The news stories in mid-2013 when this suddenly popped up (as 'McGuire Media is coming to save the SANFL—for a mere $1m a year!') were doing no more than parroting the line being fed to them by the SANFL, which had decided which way it wanted to jump. See, for example, the 'boy, does this guy ever get it right?' assertions of Rucci : "... as the ABC prepares to walk away from football in both Adelaide and Perth". Um, whoops. Impeccable sources as always, I'm sure. 'The ABC is gonna walk away, leaving us with nothing' became a self-fulfilling prophecy for some people in SANFL management. The fact is that the SANFL walked away from the ABC.

WAFL has always been a lower-attendance and therefore presumably lower-rating comp than the SANFL, and yet the ABC bat on in the West. The NTFL has always been vastly smaller than both, and yet the ABC have batted on there. The ABC bats on covering the VFL in Victoria in 2014. The ABC bats on covering the local rugby union Shute Shield in NSW in 2014. There's a bit of a theme developing there, hey?
by SimonH
Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Chris Davies advised that the shortfall between sponsorship and the new TV fees are slightly more than what the ABC was being paid.
So basically its costing more to have the SANFL on TV with no national coverage like previous. The reserves teams are paying off already. :roll:
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South vs West Round 1

Great win tonight we completely outplayed the Bloods prob should have been a bigger win if we kicked straight.

New game plan is a breath of fresh air and new recruits all looked good.

Awesome to see a win at home and get our season off to a positive start!!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

LEH wrote:Played 4... Lost 4... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice Work Trigg & Chapman.

What was the Crowd?
2000 Rosters + 4000 Cows = 6000?

4,000 Roosters, 1 Crow who continually complained apparently + 5,999 Crows who turned up late, got in for free and brought their own sandwich's and thermos's
by johntheclaret
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

You blokes gotta get over it.

Yeah you are right, no room for people having a bit of banter on here anymore ;) yeah there's banter and then there's flogging a dead horse especially people like jim05 who support an afl club in Victoria with a reserves side in the VFL. I will admit or was weird today as a crows AFL supporter and a Roosters supporter. I was hoping north win but crows players like porplyzia, Lyons and Johnston get in form
So you were the one.
by sjt
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

On a perfect weekend for footy crowds are down, interest is down and the AFL teams dont give a shit cause they got what they wanted
by Dutchy
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

kickinit wrote:is this thread going to be sponsored by kleenex? I'm sure there will be many poster's using them in this thread.

Why, are you going to post some pr0n?
by Pseudo
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Saw a few Crows players after the game and they could hardly walk, weren't used to being hit hard.
Good crowd but 95% North supporters at least, funny as hell when the few Crows supporters complained to security that the North supporters were barracking too loudly.
They genuinely looked confused that supporters could be so passionate.
Geez wait until they come to the Parade and get hit with the F bombs all night
by Jim05
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Crowd Number?

I heard 4.6k.
At least 4k North supporters if not more.

A Crows supporter was walking down Lindner Lane at 1/4 time coming to the game in his Crows guernsey and a North scarf, damn did I give it to him, he tried to dig a hole and bury himself.

I would think 4.5k first up is an extremly dissapointing figure.

Especially considering it was the 'historical' first game, novelty factor, perfect weather, fairly centralised ground, both teams seasons well and truly alive, crows had played in sa so all crows supporters were in the state

I think so too, but one of the Crows own hiearchy admitted before the game that there would have been 2k more if they'd won yesterday.
I honestly think Trigg would have gone home today thinking they've ****** up big time as their players are going to get hurt big time with only country players to protect them. Everyone to do with the Crows looked sorry and hurt after the game.

The Crows own very few supporters today were genuinely upset and confused that real football supporters could hate them so much. Was a freaking greaty day.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For those that can't or won't move on, who have protested by not buying their club's membership this year, won't go to Port or Crows SANFL games, or for those that just need a place to sook.

Here you go.

Just because you don't give a rats about the club or your comp doesn't mean we should be the same.

Vice President, arena advertising and sponsor the club ... please advise what else I need to do to give a rats. #-o
by dedja
Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was very happy to wake up and see they got the 3pts this week so let hope they keep it up.
by Tassie Blues
Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tassie Blues wrote:Your right it is way to early to know what impact it will have
Maybe, but a few hundred Crows fans rocking up to the first game on a fine day doesn't bode well.
by RB
Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just for the record- I'm against the Reserves sides. But the following was David Burtenshaw s quote "The estimated crowd figure was not part of our SANFL proposal and is not part of the financial model. But we believe a Crows team will attract crowds from 2000 to 6000."- So given that 4k plus were in attendance, he wasn't wrong was he?

Hardly the font of credibility :D
by twosheds
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

That is me Ecky, and I never had a strong following of a VFL side anyway.

I'm dead against the Crows having reserves though and hope my Panthers pump the shit out of them.

Panthers are my number one side, if they play at the same time as the Crows, I go to Panthers every time, no thought required.
by westcoastpanther
Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The atmosphere was poor on Sunday with the crowd all cheering for the same team. It was like a Crows (AFL) game.

Now that's funny and sadly ironic all at the same time.

Hopefully a Crowz reserves supporter, yeah right, complains about the lack of atmosphere at games.

He did. Unfortunately he was complaining that there was too much atmosphere :D
by johntheclaret
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rounds 2 - Sturt v Adelaide Post Game

Don't know official crowd but I'm guessing 3500 at Unley today. I will be generous and give the Crows 300 at most.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a bunch of fake supporters supporting a fake team. Well done on the win Sturt.
As compared to a fake SANFL club that's been pimped off to the AFL being portrayed as the Magpies, it's like a footy version of 'A Weekend at Bernie's'.
Talk about fake and gullible supporters!
For the record my 'like' of your post was accidental in trying to hit the quote tab.
by CUTTERMAN
Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

It's always a farce when a team with a salary cap of $10m plays a team with a salary cap about three per cent of that.
by RB
Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so with Glenelg putting in one of the clubs worst performance of all time South will have their shortest price tag as favorites for the last 20-25yrs.
by clanger
Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

kickinit wrote:so the only teams to play in the SANFL since 1991 have been the crows and power?

Pleeeaaaasssse.... someone make him stop!
by Scrapboy
Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Post Match - South v Glenelg (Good Friday Footy)

Pretty impressive crowd here at Hickinbotham with the official count listed at 3,984
by Big Phil
Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:

to be honest though, the more people whinge like little girls on this forum, the more i am finding myself barracking for the crows to do well.

GO STATE TEAM CROWS! :D

You make me sick.
Get the Centrals logo off your profile.
by Kahuna
Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LOL, that seems to imply that no-one would have attended these games and ALL the attendance is due to the Crows.

Anecdotal evidence on this site suggests only a few hundred Crows supporters are turning up to games, so the 'positive' impact of the Crows on attendances is marginal at best.
by dedja
Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is there any other competition in the world where full time professionals play semi professionals, with such a significant difference in salary cap?

Every 4 years when the US Dream Team wins gold in the Men's basketball at the Olympics.
And I don't think the Haarlem Globetotters play by the same rules as the rest. Oh hang on...their games really are a farce
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is there any other competition in the world where full time professionals play semi professionals, with such a significant difference in salary cap?

Every 4 years when the US Dream Team wins gold in the Men's basketball at the Olympics.
And I don't think the Haarlem Globetotters play by the same rules as the rest. Oh hang on...their games really are a farce

whatdoyamean the Globetrotters are a farce???

They're not REAL????

FFS, when did this happen?
by dedja
Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

maxyoz wrote:West Adelaide and South Adelaide have been doing it for years, just never got reported in the official salary cap.

Cupido was professional?
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Ok, so 4 pages in and I still have no idea how the game panned out.... Any chance of a run down??
by 24laceup
Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 LIVE scores

LPH wrote:Crowd estimate?

Not the 8K neded, yet...

I'd say right now there would be about 3.5K, perhaps, but still a steady flow of patrons coming in...

I think 8K was never a realistic chance, perhaps should have set it at 6K, instead, for the car give-away...
by Big Phil
Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

If you think that port should have the right to call themselves south australian after the amount of times they have shit on this state, then I would suggest that it is you who are mentally challenged!!

Firstly, no none is mentally challenged for having an opinion (that was hard to write considering some things posted on here).
Whichever way you look at it, port are South Australian. Numerous actions of theirs in the past however can only be described as "un South Australian".
Yes, they have shit on the SANFL, the other clubs, the SA footy public and even to a degree themselves more than any other club.
IMHO it is simply the lies, the unwillingness to accept any blame, the delusional arrogance and the sick and twisted penchant to point the finger at everyone else (when a mirror would suffice) that leaves everyone in disbelief regarding the PAFC and most of their supporters.
by Spargo
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.

CRAP

Absolute garbage. The SANFL would of been just fine without the AFL. Would rather only have a handful of the most passionate supporters in the land than a bunch of supporters who only cheer when the big screen tells them to. NO AFL IN THE SANFL.
by Blackwhite
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was also a really weird atmosphere there. There were plenty of power/magpies supporters there yet they displayed zero excitement and passion despite belting us from the first bounce. In years gone by their supporters would have been gloating and giving it to us. But today.......nothing. Polite applause when they kicked a goal. Even their cheersquad remained pretty well quiet.

I'm thinking many of their loud-mouthed passionate supporters have given up and been replaced with well-behaved AFL supporters.

Wasn't there today since I no longer follow the magpies because of what has happened but you are spot on. I'm going to have a punt here and say that 75% of years gone by regular magpie supporters who attended 10+ games yearly have walked away. As a former cheer squad member, I can also say that only a few of last years members remain (and they are power supporters which explains it). To my knowledge, the cheer squad has been overtaken by Power cheer squad members.

As for the atmosphere, what do you expect? After all it is all a fraud and deep down, everyone knows that the magpies are unfortunatley dead, so how can any passion be displayed?
by Blackwhite
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

an SANFL player who only trains for 4-6 hour a week!!

Huh? SANFL players are "at the club" a lot more than that. This is why so many kids are playing country and amateur league footy. They got sick of training 5 days a week plus game day for $75. They can train one night at Mt Compass, for example, and get paid $800.

A typical SANFL player:
Monday - light training run match review.
Tuesday - weights session, massage, rehab.
Wednesday - main training session.
Thursday - day off.
Friday - Team meeting, light training run, generally touch work, game structure.
Saturday - Game day.
Sunday - Rehab Session.
by maxyoz
Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wouldn't you rather people 'whinge' in the thread that is named the AFL in SANFL whinge thread.

Remember you don't have to look at this thread if you don't want to.

A lot of these supporters have been supporting this comp for many many many many years and have now seen it torn apart. Not everyone is of the mentality its changed so im just gonna follow along regardless of what happens to our comp.

These are people who get to see their side live every single week of the year, they get to see their reserves players every week, they get to meet and have a beer with their heroes on a weekly basis it creates a lot of passion.
by whufc
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wouldn't you rather people 'whinge' in the thread that is named the AFL in SANFL whinge thread.

Remember you don't have to look at this thread if you don't want to .

A lot of these supporters have been supporting this comp for many many many many years and have now seen it torn apart. Not everyone is of the mentality its changed so im just gonna follow along regardless of what happens to our comp.

These are people who get to see their side live every single week of the year, they get to see their reserves players every week, they get to meet and have a beer with their heroes on a weekly basis it creates a lot of passion.

Remember you don't have to follow the SANFL if you don't want to.

I don't follow the SANFL, I follow Centrals. The SANFL is run by a bunch of cowards just looking after themselves and their next job interests.

If (it will never happen) Centrals pulled stumps on the SANFL and said they were playing in another comp, I would be happen for them to leave and I would follow.
by whufc
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Glenelg v Adelaide @ Gilderol (Fri N 25/4)

LPH wrote:Looking forward to this game & 'catching up' with The Snouts :D
Will be interesting how many turn up - Tex back for the Cows could see 5000+

It will be a sellout...
by Mic
Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Central v South @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 26/4)

2008 under Cahill we went 3-0, then it turned to sh#t real quick. Reckon the combined margin in those three wins was probably only 20 points.

Yeah, snuck home in all 3 games, including a rare win at Alberton. Port had shot after siren to win it. The win against the Bloods in R3 was one of the worst games of footy I've witnessed. Our 2008 squad was very ordinary, so the fall away came as no surprise.

The last time South won 4 on the trot...2005 under Pyman.
We're going for five straight this week which we haven't done since the seven straight between Round's 5 and 12, 1991.

Round 2, 1999 - our last win at Elizabeth. Round 25, 1991 - our second last win at Elizabeth.

Almost quarter of a century and only one win out there. Holy batcrap.
by scott
Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I always like to catch up with the 'Bays blokes' @ least once a year - Stampy, Dirko, Spargo, Pseudo, etc. :)
Sorry LE... oops, LPH... but if you want to see me you'll have to come back on Saturday arvo for the second meeting of the Bay Oval Bye Week Book Club (tm). Come and discuss modern literature (i.e. the Football Budget) and view performing arts (i.e. the SANFL telecast) over a few beers, safe in the knowledge that you are supporting a sovereign SANFL club without sanctioning the presence of unwanted interlopers.

http://snoutslouts.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8382&start=24
by Pseudo
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mic wrote:
LPH wrote:Looking forward to this game & 'catching up' with The Snouts :D
Will be interesting how many turn up - Tex back for the Cows could see 5000+

It will be a sellout...

Are you talking about the game or the league ?
by johntheclaret
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The thing is, even if the floggings inflicted by and on the reserves teams balance out, and they both finish mid table etc., that will in no way compensate for the fact that they are in the Sanfl.
by RB
Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Port Magpies v West @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/4)

Crows had the same opportunity to sign SANFL players as top up players on $400 a game, so what's the difference? I know what's the difference history and credibility, none of which Adelaide has.
None of which Port Adelaide Magpies have as of 1st January 2014, in my opinion and that of many, many more passionate SANFL people, including some Port folk...

They are a new entity and not the Port Magpies of old. They are Port Adelaide Power Reserves side masquerading as the Port Adelaide Magpies.
by Big Phil
Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thursday - 24/4 a missed opportunity?

You want the woodubelieve whinging whinge thread, Mic.
by RB
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

Pros: It's given us the opportunity to have lots of healthy debating on this forum.

Cons: It seems to end up on every fricking thread.
by maxyoz
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've always hated every team except Centrals. Was that wrong?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
by smac
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

for mine JTC, the pro/con list really needs to be divided up. one list from the sanfl perspective, the other from the Afl perspective. what one thinks is a positive could very well end up on the other sides negative list. it all depends on which perspective one is watching from.

if it was done that way i think you would find that the afl list would have more pro's than cons, and (imnsho) the sanfl list would have more cons than pro's. i can actually understand why the afl teams want to play their reserves in our league, the benefits to them are great. however i disagree that they should have been allowed to. the SANFL owe them nothing, and should have stood firm against their push. from where i stand the negatives for the sanfl were too great.

in the end though, the bigger, better resourced afl bullied the sanfl to get what they want. and good luck to them, it is after all in their best interests. it just shits me when people kid themselves that it is in the best interest of the sanfl as well..... :(
by tipper
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |