Search found 21 matches

Return

Re: Hogg Division IV 2017

Weird season as coach of the Robsquad. For most of the season my footy tipping was atrocious but the Robsquad SuperCoach players were all in great form. About 6 weeks ago I started getting my footy tips right and have climbed the footy tipping ranks but in return, the SuperCoach players all lost form or got injured. Seems you either go well at footy tipping or SuperCoach BUT not both at the same time !
by rd
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Have had enough of by-elections - Rau and Weatherill and of course ex PM Malcolm T and the latest Sugar Daddy clown from the National Party - if the sitting Member for a seat resigns/retires - give that seat to the party that ran 2nd at the previous election. I've had enough of politicians wanting your vote so they can serve you for the next 3 years when either they have no intention of doing so OR get exposed as being idiots. Should a sitting Member pass away or suffer serious health issues (confirmed by medical experts not aligned to the Member's party) then that Member can be replaced by another person from the same party to serve the electorate until the next election - but otherwise the seat changes hands. Would cut out by-elections overnight I'd say !
by rd
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL Football Budgets 1993 - 2000

Hi folks,

I have various Gumtree ads (see below) for the various 90s seasons.

I also have 70s and 80s budgets which I am still sorting out and will
be posting on Gumtree over summer.

Below are the links for my current Gumtree ads:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford/collectables/sanfl-1993-grand-final-budget-and-other-budgets/1201359853

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford/collectables/afl-records-season-1993-various-adel-crows-matches/1201358542

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford/collectables/sanfl-seasons-1994-and-1995-football-budgets/1201357323

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford/collectables/sanfl-season-1996-grand-final-budget/1201356119

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford/collectables/sanfl-season-1997-various-football-budgets/1201355165

https://www.gumtree.comau/s-ad/seaford/collectables/sanfl-season-1998-various-football-budgets/1201353926

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford/collectables/afl-1999-ansett-cup-record-and-sanfl-season-1999-football-budgets/1201352588

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford/collectables/sanfl-season-2000-various-football-budgets/1201349926

Happy to negotiate prices lower than advertised - might even give some away...
by rd
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You Tube Classic Cricket Moments

https://youtu.be/n08-VohmuJ4

Summer of 86/87 - David Hookes and Wayne Phillips have a partnership of 462 at the Adelaide Oval against Tasmania and then a week later are in the SA team that belts Tasmania in Hobart to win the McDonalds Cup. Vision of both games in this clip. Also see current SACA CEO Keith Bradshaw bowled by Tim May and Norwood footballer nearly fumble a straightforward catch to dismiss David Boon.
by rd
Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Perth Scorchers made 79 all out last night with Mitchell Marsh making 5 batting at #3 and Shaun Marsh a duck.

Might not be enough runs for Shaun to get back but surely Mitchell will be a late inclusion for the out of form Khawaja in Friday's Test.
by rd
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

AFL suspend Stengel for 4 games and Crouch 2 games

Slap on the wrist naughty boys. So drugs are now OK in the AFL so long as you only have a little bit. What a joke.

Definitely a joke.
In 2018 Andrew Gaff rightly got suspended for 8 weeks for punching Andrew Brayshaw in the head during a WC/Freo game.
Crouch and Stengle were found in possession of cocaine which in AFL Land is not as naughty as striking an opposition player during a game.
Cocaine - been killing people and ruining lives for about 60 years now as society continues to lose the war on drugs.
Take away the customers and the drug dealers are beaten.
Here was a chance for the AFL to make a decent statement about drugs and not just some of their traditional public relations fairy floss.
Here was a chance for the AFL to say to everyone "Crouch and Stengle were idiots. Once you get involved with cocaine you have joined the ranks of the stupid despite all the warnings issued by authorities for the past 50 years."
The AFL should have suspended both players from AFL footy for the 2021 season - permit them to play SANFL footy as no sensible AFL club would be interested in trading in either player - and for both players to devote their off field time in 2021 to doing talks at high schools and community clubs explaining their actions, and reinforce the "Say No To Drugs" policy to the youth of today.
by rd
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

MJP1993 wrote:Just saw this on Facebook Hunter is a saint now
I think that’s the fourth ruckman south have lost to the AFL

Rumour has it that Peter Darley has spoken to 2 AFL Clubs in recent days...
by rd
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Lets leave Carey and move onto Boland.

He's played 2 Tests and currently has taken 14/121.

Bob Massie in 1972 in his debut test for Aust took 16/137.

His overall career was 31/647 from 6 tests.

Hirwani in 1987 in his debut test for India took 16/136.

His overall career was 66/1987 from 17 tests.

So Boland has to get his next 2 wickets for under 15 runs to have a better start to his Test career than Massie & Hirwani who probably made the best starts to Test careers since WW2.
by rd
Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division IV 2022

The Robsquad return for another year of mediocrity in 2022...
by rd
Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1974 5KA Radio Broadcast - SANFL Round 6 May 11 1974

May 11 1974 SANFL Round 6 - last minutes of Sturt versus West Torrens at Football Park (League Game #2 to be played at that venue). 5KA radio commentary provided by Barry Jarman, Brian Lees with stats by Peter Parkinson. Around the Grounds – Prospect Oval with Horrie Nelson, Elizabeth Oval with Jeff Potter, Glenelg Oval with Lawrie Sweeney and Richmond Oval with Ian Brewer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziXsV8aMHG0&lc=UgybjnEUnw5M8dfdIwN4AaABAg
by rd
Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Genuinely filthy about having to vote three times in three months.

Shouldn't be a by election happening.

If you win a seat and resign within twelve months - unless you have died or are suffering severe health issues - the seat should go to who ever finished 2nd in the last election...

That would stop the Vickie's of the political world giving the "up yours" to the citizens they supposedly represent.
by rd
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2022

Just saw the Showdown Plate they are playing for tomorrow night, has there ever been a more underwhelming trophy in football :shock:

Who are these smart people who come up with something so embarrassing :shock:
Better than a sink I guess.

Did Nadia Bartel provide the inspiration for the trophy ?
by rd
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2022-23

If you want to see ferals go to an AFL game. If you want to see drunks go to the cricket. But if you want to see truly unhinged psychotic people go to an A League game!!
Come on rd. Not all A League fans!
Us Mariners are so safe we even took down our inflatable sauce bottles on Saturday because it was windy and the only pitch invasion we've ever had was a drunk guy in a moon boot. :lol:

PS I escaped from you know where and am up on the 16th floor now! :D
Just for you Wedgie I've edited my post to align it with
your feedback. I see 3 of those pitch invading morons have surrendered - the longer the other 5 men remain hidden the harsher their penalties should become !
by rd
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

I too miss the matches between the touring side and the state teams prior to the first Test. When I was a teenager the touring team often arrived in Adelaide in late October and then played SA, VIC, NSW and QLD in the 4 weeks leading up to the first Test at the Gabba - so all members of the touring party played generally 2-3 games. Meanwhile the Australian players were playing at least 3 Shield games for their respective states as well - so there were no excuses for any players in either side involved in the 1st Test to be rusty or out of form. So there was a huge build up in excitement by the time we got to late November for the Gabba Test, especially if the touring team had beaten the state teams in their tour matches along the way. These days the touring team is ripe to be slaughtered at the Gabba due to no sensible preparation at all as players are involved in meaningless T20s or ODI around the world through November and jet into Brisbane seemingly 5 minutes before the 1st Test coin toss. No wonder Warney always cleaned up at the Gabba !!
by rd
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poll - Should the Hogg go to 20 team leagues in 2023?

I've only ever been a lower division scrubber and always will be due to my laziness. If the AFL expands to 20 teams then expand the SuperCoach leagues to 20 teams, but for now leave the leagues at 18 - after all we're meant to be pretending to be AFL coaches.
by rd
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield 2023 - Invite out and two promotions

Robsquad are in for 2023.
by rd
Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL in Tasmania

Feasibility report into an NT based AFL dream, I mean team....

https://www.aflnt.com.au/sites/default/files/uploads/NT%20AFL%20Team%20Scoping%20Report.pdf

Having a look at the key findings page was interesting:

-Essentially under the traditional model they would expect the club to lose $15mil a year.

-Only consideration to losing that level of money would be if they believed there would be signifcant social impact and community value to an AFL team in the region.

-Can almost put a pin in an NT team with the recommend option being a Northern Australian team that could be based in Darwin but play out of Darwin, Alice, Cairns and Townsville

Relocate GC Suns to Darwin - rebadge them as The Northern Suns - a ready-made side who would then get the benefits of their local community actually being interested in them. Give them the entire NT and New Guinea zone to have as their recruiting area so their new players can still live at home and not risk being drafted by a Vic club and live in a foreign world. Play some home games at Alice Springs each season. The NT footy fans would then have a genuine team to support in the comp rather than hosting fly in fly out games once a year.
by rd
Tue May 02, 2023 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

I'm no public transport person in Adelaide but go to any of the major cities around the world and public transport is usually fantastic
Well, other than Melbourne: city to airport

What about the Skybus?

Love the big red bus!

Everytime I go to Melbourne I always use the Skybus - absolutely brilliant if you're staying in accommodation near Marvel stadium - far cheaper than a taxi
by rd
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 First Semi Final, Sturt v Central District

The Band-Aid I've had on my wounds from the 1971 1st Semi Final has been ripped off and I'm reliving the pain all over again. All I need is for Robin Mulholland to run onto the oval wearing a CD guernsey again...
by rd
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 First Semi Final, Sturt v Central District

The Band-Aid I've had on my wounds from the 1971 1st Semi Final has been ripped off and I'm reliving the pain all over again. All I need is for Robin Mulholland to run onto the oval wearing a CD guernsey again...

He'll be out there, disguised as Aiden Grace :D

I don't think Aiden Grace will kick 5 goals in the last quarter as Mulholland did back in 1971 - but then CD had never beaten Sturt prior to that 71 1st Semi...so anything can happen...
by rd
Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division IV 2024

Robsquad are in for 2024.
by rd
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |