Search found 31 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

WOW! Did not expect that announcment!

Will be good for the club!! Carey feel free to bring ya big guns, but can you promise to leave unknown source at Brahma?? ;)
by BenchedEagle
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Big shoutout to my ol mate Colin Harrison playing his 300th in the Bs this week @ Greenacres.
Great player from a proud EFC family. Think his old man Kev played 3-400 odd games for the Eags as well.

Onya Colzy, have a good one. =D>
by BenchedEagle
Thu May 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Congratulations to former Elizabeth player Josh Glenn, he will be making his AFL debut tomorrow for the SUNS, to think he was playing Div 4 footy a couple of years ago, just shows what commitment and hard work can do! All the best Josh.
And a great game he played too. very proud of him, a lot of people were disappointed we saw him back at EFC couple season ago. but then he jut clicked mentally and nek minute.... AFL! I hope he inspires some other lads that grew up in Elizabeth to never give up if you dont take your 1st opportunity, hard work will give you another chance.
Dunno if Gub found any red cans up at Metricon?.. but im sure he enjoyed that game more than anyone!

With 3 club suspensions today at GC, he will get a massive run in midfield this week, ive already locked him into my DreamTeam mids haha.
by BenchedEagle
Tue May 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

LaughingKookaburra wrote:You playing in the 3's this week Duncs? Have to catch up for a beer after the game if you are?

Ive long since retired my old friend. Too old too slow. But i turn 35 in August. Does that make me elligble for masters yet? ;)
by BenchedEagle
Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Josh Glenn has signed at Willaston
And they offer from centrals Sanfl was a real nice offer,from the afl to the barrossa just like that..

Strange,

I know your close to Josh but it seems when it comes to sport Josh just isnt willing to put in any real hard work outside of gameday.

Its a shame because he has more skill in his little toe than most of us in our entire body.

Alot of us would give our left net to have the chances he has had at a variety of sport.

Just an observation is that he seems to chop and change his mind alot and tends to have alot of falling out with people.
I'm not that close to him mate, and everything u have written above I totally agree with. Just a absolute waste of talent . I watch kids that bust there ass off to play at the highest level (Sanfl )some never get the chance to play league not one game but they work there ass off 4 to 5 nights a week to play ressies then u have young josh world at his feet on a silver platter if u will and basically can't be f&cked.. Sad would have loved what he was given at 20 years old.. Completely agree. Its amazing he even got the 2nd chance he did at Central. Ive watched this kid from a young age and it seemed he always enjoyed being the big fish in a small pond. I was very excited he got a go at Gold Coast and thought he had mentally turned the corner. Word is he struggled socially at GC and despite leaderships groups efforts to get him out the house to socalise he wouldnt. GC is a LONG way from Elizabeth Grove!! To play AFL you need to be up to it physically and mentally, its very sad he only excelled in one of these. Wish him well at the Donnybrooks and hope he is finially happy doin what he does best, playin footy.
by BenchedEagle
Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

The Bedge wrote:Old mate keen to get amongst the lads :shock: :lol:

huh..JPG

Good ol Colzy Harrison! Id forgotton that he ran out! :lol:

How dumb was that Pulteney bloke? 8-10 weeks min & a lifetime knowing you cost your club a premiership!
by BenchedEagle
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

C Divisions 2018.jpg

Slow news week, potential C grade divisions in 2018 based on total guess work and club's A grade being promoted/relegated..
Heard the Elizabeth D grade coach is a spud that has never coached before ;)

Honestly, if we are going to get the 4th side up, it would only work if C grade to C5, where they wouldve been automatically promoted to anyways after making GF and the D grade into C6. That will be what we propose to the league, if league put our C grade any higher it will lessen chances of retaining enough players to fill the D grade.

id also like to take this opportunity to advertise for players in the D grade, know anyone wanting to have a social kick with some good lads, get in contact with me.
I was talking to Dave last week and we might sit in the pockets.
Cool!
I have 5 Full Forwards and 8 forward pockets so far! Goals wont be a problem, our defence may be! lol
by BenchedEagle
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

C Divisions 2018.jpg

Slow news week, potential C grade divisions in 2018 based on total guess work and club's A grade being promoted/relegated..
Heard the Elizabeth D grade coach is a spud that has never coached before ;)

Honestly, if we are going to get the 4th side up, it would only work if C grade to C5, where they wouldve been automatically promoted to anyways after making GF and the D grade into C6. That will be what we propose to the league, if league put our C grade any higher it will lessen chances of retaining enough players to fill the D grade.

id also like to take this opportunity to advertise for players in the D grade, know anyone wanting to have a social kick with some good lads, get in contact with me.
by BenchedEagle
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trinity OS

Dogwatcher wrote:Is your comment endorsed by anyone, BE? ;)

Infrastructure builds should always be bi-partisan mate ;)
by BenchedEagle
Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Schweppes C Grade 2018

Very interesting chain of events saturday it seems.

We got a phone call from a trainer for Unis C6 side following up that we were indeed forfeiting our game as someone had sent a dodgily worded text message to their football director from someone pretending to be me, advising we were forfeiting our C6 game due to lack of numbers! This text wasnt followed up by the club and posted on the internal facebook chat they have.

I was made aware at about 1130am and got straight on the phone to clarify that we had 25 blokes on their way to Uni for the 2:15 game. Luckily they were able to pull their side back together and we ended up beaten fair and square thanks to Malinauskas' dominant display at full forward.

Thanks to the Uni trainer who called us and made us aware of this, she saved what would've been a very awkward situation for both clubs.
by BenchedEagle
Mon May 21, 2018 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Schweppes C Grade 2018

Well Saturday was the end of our season, our first ever season with a D grade.
We had an unprecedented hit on injuries for most of the season which meant we had to call on our backups which were a few guys from Gawler Districts Super Rules and some Under 16s.
Even then we had to battle with 15-16 blokes at some stages.

But I couldnt be prouder of the efforts all my players put in during the year. Competing as a Div 6 D grade against mostly Div 1/2 D grades was always going to be tough but each game the boys fought on and were always more competitive than the scorelines showed.

I set some KPIs at the start of the season and I am proud we met all of them.
- Never Scoreless
- Win a game
- Never Forfeit

In a season where disapointingly we had 2 teams pull out, it resolved us to try even harder to get the side up every week, not just for us but for all the other teams in C6. It took me a lot of my friday nights and sat mornings hustling for players but we got there!

I wish all the teams in the finals all the best and may the best team win.
by BenchedEagle
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Whos on mycricket duties at EP this year? Get ur shit together! lol
by BenchedEagle
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C Grade 2019

D1
Modbury
TTG
ROCS
PNU
PAOC
Old Igs
North Haven
Golden Grove
Edwardstown??
Elizabeth??

I can confirm Elizabeth wont be fielding another D grade side this season. The club had numerous injuries throughout the season and we only just scraped together a side with the Masters lads and some Under 16s for most of the season. Proud we never had to forfeit tho.
by BenchedEagle
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Lutheran worst ive had to use. One grog bog away from being temporarily uninhabitable.
by BenchedEagle
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

https://youtu.be/QHV08tEfRNA
Congratulations to Bedge and Enfield United CC in winning the Goodsports Club of the Year Award.

Your doing great things there mate, keep up the good work.
by BenchedEagle
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Rigney serious injury on the weekend?
Achilles. Looked bad. Might be done for half a season at least.

Ruptured Achilles confirmed. :(

Sad day for the footy club and local footy lovers in general. Trev is remaining positive and i'd never write him off being the genetic freak that he is. Such a brutal injury at his age it will be a tough and unlikely road back for the champ.

Not many true legends of local footy but he is certainly one of them. yeah thats a bad one, feel sorry for the bloke, he is great to watch even from an opposition view. Good luck with the recovery legend.
by BenchedEagle
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As it wasnt out in the public sphere I held back posting this earlier.

But this morning the president of the PDCA Andrew Quinlish (Quinny) passed away from a heart attack in his home.

Very sad news for his family especially his partner and kids and the large circle of mates he has.

My father in law passed suddenly in the same way and its a massive shock for the family to deal with as well as the sadness.

My condolences to all the Quinny family and friends.
by BenchedEagle
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sure the timeslot is not ideal and a bit of a logistical challenge but only for the B Grade starting time, but when your at the bottom of the grade food chain you get what you get.
The President of the club has adopted the 'Anywhere, Anytime' mantra and all the boys have gotten around it.

I always look for the glass half full approach.
St Marys is the perfect size ground for the way the Units play.
Our As and Bs are playing together.
Everyone loves playing night footy!

Game on!
by BenchedEagle
Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just went to the PDCA web site to see if a new president had been appointed and found the most unprofessional thing the association has done in years. All they have done is to strike through (crossed out) Quinny's name. Surely they could have removed his name and replaced it with something like 'to be appointed'. Bad play.
Thanks for highlighting that.
It was an unintentional error by the person who manages the PDCA website who was just removing Quinnys mobile number out of respect.
That has been fixed up and no disrespect was intended.
by BenchedEagle
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great atmosphere Friday night. All 3 clubs had extremely vocal supporters, noone crossed the line and I didnt mind the chanting from the Crabs.
They havent had a great run in recent years and wouldve been quite special for them to knock off an undefeated side to go to a Granny.
Best of luck to them next week, the bigger the oval the better chance they have of another upset.

PNU were great hosts, saw 1st hand Gary McIntosh doing all the little things for his club. Have a lot of respect for a legend like him doing stuff like hand writing the various teams scoreboard names, sweeping up etc was glad to see them get up in Grade 1/1R today.
by BenchedEagle
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They would be wrong. The convoys, minibuses, horse and buggys are all being organised for Mitcham.
Easy trip really, South Rd has been good on Saturdays lately and then an easy run east up Cross Rd.
‘Anywhere, Anytime’
by BenchedEagle
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dublin cruising 20 minutes before the tea break at 2/89..... At the tea break 8/96

Virginia decided to bat again and try and get a quick point, while handing Dublin 2 points :?

1 over left in the day dublin decide to bat again and try and hit the 150 they needed to win :roll:

Probably the dumbest thing i have ever seen in a game of cricket, the sharks dont seem to be making too many friends, the players only seem to be playing there because of the $$$
Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird, who done all the damage for Virginia?

Just a side note to take back to your clubs, I usually take my Sunday morning dump around 8:30, I like to multi task and check through the scores during this time, I start at Grade 1 and work my way down checking out all grades except for LO1, so can we get the individual results in by then please?

I then flick over to the Barossa, they seem to keep me occupied for longer.
I was doing the Units up until this season, Id get em up Sat night (no life obz) or dawn Sunday morning so us cricket stat nerds had something to squat on.
by BenchedEagle
Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Its great what they are doing out there with juniors but they have to be patient and let it form naturally.

They will get 17.5s next season and the year after they should try form a squad built off of that side.

The names they are chasing after are not enough, they will end up with a B grade getting flogged again, resulting in the bottom half of your list losing interest and leaves and your back to square 1.
by BenchedEagle
Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hats off to Virginia and ATCO, good to see them have their sides named already.

Brett Dantonio does a cracker job at the club....... runs a tight ship.

I reckon they bat above their average given the demographic in Elizabeth North and does anyone actually live there anymore....is Rosewood still a thing :lol: :lol: I was a Rosewood Village kid!
Felt posh once they finished going around doing up the fronts of our Housing Trust houses!
by BenchedEagle
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:T20 Round 1
Parafield Gardens v Eyre Royals
Angle Vale v Para Vista
Craigmore v Enfield
Eastern Park v Athelstone
North Pines v ATCO
Virginia v Salisbury West
Central United v BYE
Dublin are in now and will play CU at Mofflin.

Weather forecast isn’t great, not hopeful of much play.
by BenchedEagle
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just want to remind people that when you at an opposition teams home ground you should try and respect it a little bit not be there bagging players from the sidelines when you’re not even playing and especially not repeatedly dropping the C bomb while you have your young child sitting on your lap….. Didnt that start with a certain home side player yelling out abuse to to said person on sideline about being on ‘roids’ with their child on their lap.
What reaction were you hoping for Levi? Grow up

Incorrect. The ‘banter’ started as soon as he thought you were going to win and then magically disappeared before you lost.. and also two different ends of the spectrum that type of banter isn’t it ? So its banter now? Bloke was there for half n hour, you clearly took issue with him personally which was quite noticeable.
So maybe reflect on your own actions of targeting someone not even playing and keep it to who is on field next time.

Was a good game with lots of ebbs and flows between the 2 best sides in the grade, look forward to the return fixture.
by BenchedEagle
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:I know the PDCA points structure, just trying to make sense of the PlayHQ setup :lol:
Posted for the non PDCA viewers who may be interested, or like half my teammates who wouldn’t have a clue haha.

Curious to know if other comps do points differently..
by BenchedEagle
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This comp is deadset so ******* unorganised and all over the shop it's not funny.

Delegates meeting last night - now decided it's pink 156g balls in Grade 1 and Grade 2 one day matches.. oh wait that's not enough, let's make it 2x balls one from each end like it's ******* Australian ODI cricket.

So I go out and buy all my balls pre-season in bulk, now you're telling me i'm gonna have to fork out another $700 or whatever just for aesthetics?!

Grade 1 and 2 grading next year apparently will be "lucky dip" draw.. Junior rep trials moved out to Gawler - really useful for the clubs closer to the city..

Chop, change, move shit around.. yet keep the most stupid archaic of rules like not allowed to turn lights on for evening games.. i've got lights graded high enough to play mens premier cricket on, but they're not good enough for kids or women who bowl a whopping 40kph and bounce the ball three times.

Jacked the umpire fees up to $150 this season.. now the pink balls.. idiots think clubs are made of ******* money?!

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Total: 285.50 - $26 per player = $520 per player each week for a 20 week season.

Add on affiliation fees, and PlayHQ insurance cost $22.50 - oh and then don't worry about factoring in the mountains of fines you're likely to accrue during the season.

Get ******. This comp is deadset so ******* unorganised and all over the shop it's not funny.

Delegates meeting last night - now decided it's pink 156g balls in Grade 1 and Grade 2 one day matches.. oh wait that's not enough, let's make it 2x balls one from each end like it's ******* Australian ODI cricket.

So I go out and buy all my balls pre-season in bulk, now you're telling me i'm gonna have to fork out another $700 or whatever just for aesthetics?!

Grade 1 and 2 grading next year apparently will be "lucky dip" draw.. Junior rep trials moved out to Gawler - really useful for the clubs closer to the city..

Chop, change, move shit around.. yet keep the most stupid archaic of rules like not allowed to turn lights on for evening games.. i've got lights graded high enough to play mens premier cricket on, but they're not good enough for kids or women who bowl a whopping 40kph and bounce the ball three times.

Jacked the umpire fees up to $150 this season.. now the pink balls.. idiots think clubs are made of ******* money?!

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Total: 285.50 - $26 per player = $520 per player each week for a 20 week season.

Add on affiliation fees, and PlayHQ insurance cost $22.50 - oh and then don't worry about factoring in the mountains of fines you're likely to accrue during the season.

Get ******. Couldn't attend last night due to my daughters year 12 graduation and sounds like I missed a real messy one!

I know there has been confusion between the initial concept of a crossover Grade 1/2 one day comp where captains were all enthusiastic about
allowing clubs to play in a coloured kit and use a pink ball to where that got scrapped by clubs and the rest of the concepts got a bit lost in translation. And for Enfield being at G3 during those talks does make it quite unfair for you.

It certainly doesn’t help that some delegates don’t exactly feed back to their Captains what is discussed as well.

Communication isnt great within the exec either. Personally frustrating if I am being honest, Im a big believer in transparency and that’s why I am always happy to come in here and explain rationale for decisions and take on board peoples thoughts.

I know nothing about this ‘lucky dip’ draw your talking about so cant even comment!

Would love to have a good chat with you offline one day about your thoughts on what the next generation of the PDCA needs to look like to stay relevant and survive the next 20 years.
by BenchedEagle
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gonna do a Bedge 10 beer deep Friday arvo special here!

I would certainly be interested in following these serious complaints up but I handed in my resignation from the PDCA exec recently.
Tried my hardest to bring change from a fresh set of eyes to a competition in dire straights, but when you see 1st hand a mindset of old grudges, poor attitudes to new clubs, shit attitudes from old clubs and and unresolvable conflicts of interest from a committee made up of people who are or have family actively involved in individual clubs (including myself) I could feel my contribution was destined to fail.
Internal communication is extremely poor (not just within exec, but between exec and delegates, then delegates to their players) and as much as I personally like and respect the current Presidents personal contribution to cricket, good communication needs to be lead from the top and it clearly hasn’t been which gives the competition the appearance of chaos.
There are some great people who have nothing but the best intentions for the league on the exec but I am sure they are as frustrated as I have been with the lack of direction.
I genuinely fear for the future of the competition and encourage anyone out there who feels they can jump on with a fresh perspective and can maintain a neutral stance on all matters to please seriously consider joining and help keep the competition alive.
I just did not have to passion to work past the problems plaguing the league as well as my own personal and work commitments that also prevented me being as proactive as I could’ve been.

Wishing the competition and all the players all the best in 23/24.
by BenchedEagle
Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

scottroo wrote:Div 5, reserves and c5 at Elizabeth. Some of our boys will travel 90 minutes
45-50 minutes max. Suck it up.
Most teams don’t sulk about travelling for a chance at a flag!
by BenchedEagle
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting Womens draw…
After taking the absolute piss for years, Eyre lose a few players and they get let down to Grade 2. Laughable
by BenchedEagle
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |