Search found 46 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Bad luck Jetters.

Maybe the karma bus ran your ass over for talking so much shit about every other club and not worrying about your own back yard. But hey I'm sure you'll go rape another clubs junior system and steal as many of there players as you can again.
by carey
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

just heard Sam Biggs from Eastern Park has signed with Elizabeth for next season, with himself and Scott Webber coming in the Eagles forward line looks very good......
by ROOBOY18
Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Pretty confident they both will be putting pen to paper tonight. Hopefully!!!!
by one day I will
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Schweppes C Grade 2018

Was very impressed with the way Elizabeth and Mawson Lakes carried themselves in circumstances where it may have been easier to pull the pin at times. A credit to those clubs and the people involved
by jo172
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

A great move by the Units. despite the naysayers on here the club has started exactly what they needed to do, bring in a new crop of players, long term or not, success builds clubs and without juniors that doesnt get built naturally.
Cotts is a well respected professional, he will bring drive and a be key forward target himself which frees up Tom Hamilton and Frithy to slot into other key positions.
Abbott is a great pickup, he will give that electric pace on the wing that the Units have sorely needed. Big loss to Elizabeth. Lee Makris will give a lot of experience and voice to the midfield.
I would expect a few more to follow over summer.

Sorry if my post sounded too negative.

I agree with everyone that Darryl is a great appointment and I honestly think he can bring them immediate success which the club needs being the lowest ranked side in the entire league.

My only critism which is minor is not recruiting heavily but more so doing it from pretty much one club. From my experience watching clubs both football and cricket is that they are very much left open to a max edous and ive rarely seen that kind of recruiting strategy work for more than a couple of years and in a lot of cases see clubs come out of those years even worse than ever.

The northern clubs have seen lots of these major recruiting coups from rival clubs and the evidence would suggest it hasn't worked out long term for any of them giving that the highest ranked team missed finals in div 5. Maybe my idea of success is different to others.

I wish CU all the best as I do all the northern burb clubs.
by whufc
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Wow all this umpire drama! Can report we had Jason Hull in Grade 4 and he was actually very good, fired me LBW and I thought the umpire rating we have to give mightve saved me.. but nope, gave me out and I respected that! :lol:

Two Wells is looking really good. Luke Harris is a legend of a bloke and one my fave players to compete against. If its not us, i hope its them.

Jason Hull used to be a handy bowler years ago

When I first entered senior cricket Jase was the opening A grade quick at EP.

Had a heart of gold but never really looked after himself.

Always good value for a chat and I’m glad his still involved.
by whufc
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Its just a game of cricket ffs

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
by moriachi
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 6

oldman wrote:Never heard of him but obviously doing a great job well done. I did hear that Bedge was high on the wish list originally?

Couldn't afford him, his manager told us he wouldn't get out of bed for what we were offering
by Mr Beefy
Tue May 11, 2021 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Yeah I thought I was the only one to notice the north socks very strange - pooraka look a quality side to be honest can’t see them losing granny

On paper you’re right, never know on the big day.

Incredibly proud of our club today. At the end of 2016 we were a complete rabble after being relegated from D4 with 1 win. We also would have been relegated from D5 at the end of 2017 if it wasn’t for a Rosewater player head butting a Pooraka opponent in r18 and stripping Rosewater of 6 premiership points. We stayed in D5 and since then we lost an elimination, have been rolled in straight sets after choking in 2019 and then from there losing by a point to a side who I regard as the best I’ve seen play D5. To see our club stick at it and put 3 Senior men’s sides in to GF’s for the first time in our 114 year history this year is remarkable. Love the character of our boys and I’m backing them in next week.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Cricket is just less appealing to people nowadays, back in the day we'd rush home from school to watch the last session, the whole family would sit down and watch the cricket all day Sunday, we were raised on it.

The young lads of today find it boring, everyone is time poor and it's mainly the older generation that still prefer the longer version, we're all getting older now and the new younger folk are taking over, they want to have a hit and bowl then be done with it, cricket has lost it's class, it's pizzazz, it's craft, it used to be a mind game where you won with strategies, now everyone wants to win by belting as many runs as you can in a short space of time.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hats off to Virginia and ATCO, good to see them have their sides named already.

Brett Dantonio does a cracker job at the club....... runs a tight ship.

I reckon they bat above their average given the demographic in Elizabeth North and does anyone actually live there anymore....is Rosewood still a thing :lol: :lol: I was a Rosewood Village kid!
Felt posh once they finished going around doing up the fronts of our Housing Trust houses!

The first time I moved out of home was a semi housing trust place on the side street the schools on……we hated you toffy Beverly hill wannabe bastards :lol:
by whufc
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

The Bedge wrote:Ok live scoring isn't great.. just put in my B grade scores from scratch - missed an over and stuffed another, so made the adjustments end of the innings - turns out you cant edit the stats of the opposition when making adjustments. :roll:

Should be called Play H Poo
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Play HQ

BenchedEagle wrote:Was anyone able to enter catches without live scoring?

Both Para Vista and CU could not see each other’s batting lineup to enter catches.
Ah so not being able to enter catches is across the board, bloody annoying!
by The Dark Knight
Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bit rough on the Royals 'B's. They didn't even make the final last year.
What? And our girls did? :roll:

At least your girls won 9 games and only lost 2.. our girls won 4 games - the most in a season ever for us. :lol:

How's the two matches last year:

Rd 4 - Enfield 51 def by Eyre Royals 3/106 off 16
Rd 9 - Enfield 38 def by Eyre Royals 'B' 2/39 off 7

Cant wait to see what your A grade does to our girls. You have that new recruit ‘Michelle’ Bedgegood don’t you?

Bit rich anyone complaining about Eyre Bs going up, should’ve happened years ago and tbh it will only strengthen their talent pool going forward.

Quite agree. Should have happened 3 most probably 4 years ago.

FMD - Hey lads, your sense of humours called - they will try again later. I should have changed the font to Italic so you knew it was sarcasm.
If you framed a market they would have been $1.05 to win that semi last year, pulled a Norman at the Masters and sat out the next week.
Should be good seeing them go up and testing themselve against the other girls as opposed to just bowling at them in the nets.

But enough positivity, lets get back to moaning
by Lucky For Some
Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grade 1 produced three competitive games.

Eastern Park managed 6/102 off their 32 overs against Royals B.
Westies scored 4/130 when bad light stopped play in the 27th.
Enfield are defending 133 against North Pines who are 1/22 overnight.

Excellent result for the comp.

Grade 2 seen 3 evenly poised contests too.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Honestly, super happy with getting Payne onboard, and I'm confident he is exactly what the club needs right now - whether that translates to instant on field success or not - well let's be serious a coach is only one piece of the puzzle, there is a shit load of work to be done.. and Farmers are coming from a long way back with poor on field results last two seasons.

I want long term sustainability and success.. I want kids coming through Jnr ranks and playing A grade footy at the club.. I want depth across all senior grades and enjoy wins.. I want to see Ingle Farm in a higher division than D7 and D6 and remain competitive - not yo-yo between divs.

A man can dream.. but they say a poor man isn't a man without money, but a man without dreams. :D :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Send Two Wells to LO2 and move Gepps Cross to LO1.

Also how did ATCO B manage to end up in LO1? Luke Harris hasnt been playing and he is the difference between them being competitive or not imo.

ATCO B won LO2, Salisbury North begged to come back in pdca via LO2 instead of LO1 where they were originally placed.
Will take more than just Luke to bring them back to the pack, Sammy Harnas would be a fair help too.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big risks in changing grades after a few rounds especially downgrading.. all of a sudden a couple blokes in other grades like the look of the new grade and slot themselves down or up accordingly.. nek minut they are dominating! Unfair to other sides.

You just can’t trust or blame blokes to not want to chase fast success!

Andrews Farm I also pegged for LO1 but they made a case about their player stocks and it was accepted they needed to start lower.

Eastern Park is a unique situation, and I have to say that huge props should be given to those players rocking up every week.

There was no way they could be allowed to drop grades after a G1 GF, recent history, a 5 side G1 and an unfair promotion for another G2 club , so they only had 2 choices given to them, pull pin completely, no mens side at all and forced to goto the clubs to be allowed to enter the Men’s competition again or suck it up and take their medicine just like Units did last year and get flogged every week but earn right to goto a Grade 2 or even a LO1 next year.

They backed in their club and chose to battle it out and I have every respect for them for choosing to do that! I would hope a couple blokes slot back in soon and that will make them a wee bit more competitive I would’ve thought.

Not ideal and what I have learnt with this league, nothing ever is.

Mate, you've gotta admire their spirit, there's 3 of them that I've spotted straight away that played majority of C grade last year (a team that was flogged all year), the averaged 7.9, 3.9 & 2.2 respectively, they are now fronting up in Grade 1, you've gotta love that.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know the PDCA points structure, just trying to make sense of the PlayHQ setup :lol: Posted for the non PDCA viewers who may be interested, or like half my teammates who wouldn’t have a clue haha.

Curious to know if other comps do points differently..

Country leagues player mainly just one day comps and it’s identical to footy with a win being 2 or 4 points, zero for a loss and no bonus points.

Kind of works up here because there can be huge gaps between the good and bad teams, means you just try and get the W not destroy teams. We can give everyone a go a bit more without worrying about getting a big score or cashing in against EP like SW did

If the result is beyond doubt up here most teams resort to giving the kids a bowl etc
by whufc
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

Parabanks isn't better than anything.Period
by carey
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love how Elzabeth Fields and Elizabeth West merged to lose the "Elizabeth" tag, now they are elite and known as Davvo!! They featured on a Bogan TV show on a regular basis, seen a few familiar heads on it.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must add though, whilst the umpire was good, he certainly had no interest in moving the game along either to catch up time lost.

Actually I should take some responsibility - I could've bowled spinners earlier to get through overs quicker and reach the min 28 overs before the rain hit.

**** cricket anyway, shit sport full of shit people. :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This comp is deadset so ******* unorganised and all over the shop it's not funny.

Delegates meeting last night - now decided it's pink 156g balls in Grade 1 and Grade 2 one day matches.. oh wait that's not enough, let's make it 2x balls one from each end like it's ******* Australian ODI cricket.

So I go out and buy all my balls pre-season in bulk, now you're telling me i'm gonna have to fork out another $700 or whatever just for aesthetics?!

Grade 1 and 2 grading next year apparently will be "lucky dip" draw.. Junior rep trials moved out to Gawler - really useful for the clubs closer to the city..

Chop, change, move shit around.. yet keep the most stupid archaic of rules like not allowed to turn lights on for evening games.. i've got lights graded high enough to play mens premier cricket on, but they're not good enough for kids or women who bowl a whopping 40kph and bounce the ball three times.

Jacked the umpire fees up to $150 this season.. now the pink balls.. idiots think clubs are made of ******* money?!

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Total: 285.50 - $26 per player = $520 per player each week for a 20 week season.

Add on affiliation fees, and PlayHQ insurance cost $22.50 - oh and then don't worry about factoring in the mountains of fines you're likely to accrue during the season.

Get ******. This comp is deadset so ******* unorganised and all over the shop it's not funny.

Delegates meeting last night - now decided it's pink 156g balls in Grade 1 and Grade 2 one day matches.. oh wait that's not enough, let's make it 2x balls one from each end like it's ******* Australian ODI cricket.

So I go out and buy all my balls pre-season in bulk, now you're telling me i'm gonna have to fork out another $700 or whatever just for aesthetics?!

Grade 1 and 2 grading next year apparently will be "lucky dip" draw.. Junior rep trials moved out to Gawler - really useful for the clubs closer to the city..

Chop, change, move shit around.. yet keep the most stupid archaic of rules like not allowed to turn lights on for evening games.. i've got lights graded high enough to play mens premier cricket on, but they're not good enough for kids or women who bowl a whopping 40kph and bounce the ball three times.

Jacked the umpire fees up to $150 this season.. now the pink balls.. idiots think clubs are made of ******* money?!

A Grade costs per week:
$150 - Umpire
$62 - Pink Balls
$73.50 - Ground hire

Total: 285.50 - $26 per player = $520 per player each week for a 20 week season.

Add on affiliation fees, and PlayHQ insurance cost $22.50 - oh and then don't worry about factoring in the mountains of fines you're likely to accrue during the season.

Get ******. Couldn't attend last night due to my daughters year 12 graduation and sounds like I missed a real messy one!

I know there has been confusion between the initial concept of a crossover Grade 1/2 one day comp where captains were all enthusiastic about
allowing clubs to play in a coloured kit and use a pink ball to where that got scrapped by clubs and the rest of the concepts got a bit lost in translation. And for Enfield being at G3 during those talks does make it quite unfair for you.

It certainly doesn’t help that some delegates don’t exactly feed back to their Captains what is discussed as well.

Communication isnt great within the exec either. Personally frustrating if I am being honest, Im a big believer in transparency and that’s why I am always happy to come in here and explain rationale for decisions and take on board peoples thoughts.

I know nothing about this ‘lucky dip’ draw your talking about so cant even comment!

Would love to have a good chat with you offline one day about your thoughts on what the next generation of the PDCA needs to look like to stay relevant and survive the next 20 years.

Can't understand how and why delegates can change things mid season when there is no need. Why change to pink balls, 1 from each end, when everyone should be playing in whites, although I heard on the grape-vine that 1 team played in black in one round? Agree with BE that with the lack of communication, I wonder how many clubs had discussed it or was it was a gut feel decision by the delegate on the night?

Also agree with Bedge all unnecessary expense, although he has slightly exaggerated costs as the A Grade don't play 20 one day games and only pay 1/2 of the umpire fee, but definately understand where he is coming from. Need to look at the other positive thou as at the AGM the exec sold the increase in umpire fees as they said the standard of umpires would increase dramatically and with the increase umpire numbers there would be 2 umpires for each game in grades 1 and 2, so with only one umpire still you are saving the cost of one umpire. It is another story but what is your feedback on the umpiring this season. Wonder how umpires are picked per grade when clubs can't lodge umpire reports. Be thankful that you are not in Salisbury West's position where they are in grades1 and 2 with no real club house.

Cross over between grades 1 and 2 for 1 day games would always be a hard sell as teams play grade 2 as they are not good enough to play grade 1. Captains may have been enthusiastic, but again with lack of communication within a lot a clubs was it a 1 person response or the club actually discussed it?

" Communication isnt great within the exec either. Personally frustrating if I am being honest, Im a big believer in transparency and that’s why I am always happy to come in here and explain rationale for decisions and take on board peoples thoughts." Exec need to come from a united front with one voice delivering it, most probably Clarko as secretary, as the more mouths which try to deliver the message, the message starts to vary. Always has been a problem. Transparency is key so that all know what is happening and why as it is the clubs' association and the exec are purely elected to run it on behalf of the clubs. Thats why anything which requires a vote by the clubs should be communicated to the clubs weeks before a decision is required, similar to how most things are done at the AGM.
by The Old Fellow
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've actually given Whufc's idea some thought recently too and how hardwicket cricket on Adelaide could be overhauled.

I've thought about the PDCA and ASCA eventually combining to create an Adelaide Hardwicket Cricket Association but maybe divide it into three conferences (North, Central and South) to reduce travel times. I haven't looked into which current clubs would be in each conference and where the 'borders' would be for each conference.

I would look at making it all one day matches (because I dont get why we still play two day cricket, I like having a result each week and one day matches make selections much easier from my experience) and have starting times as early as possible (at least 12pm) but I understand some people might still want to play two day cricket (to be fair ASCA's 7/7 format has been a winner and is fair across the association) and I also understand starting as earlier than 12.30 wouldn't work for everyone either.
Anything is possible, we have Dublin in our comp, I think that would scare a lot of other clubs off when in essence it isn't as far away as it sounds. They have wonderful quaint set up, cheap piss, great hot dogs and their oval has come on in leaps and bounds over the years.

You can stop at the pub for a countery on your way out, great day out.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

scottroo wrote:We play Marion in a trial coming up. Will be interesting to see how they match up against a Div 5 side

They should have a go against a div 1R side, I wonder who'd win?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Any truth to the rumours that Elizabeths A grade coach and multiple players have left? Have been caught getting paid under the table?

Someone has fed you some garbage information there. Absolutely not true.
Are you sure? Any truth to the rumours that Elizabeths A grade coach and multiple players have left? Have been caught getting paid under the table?

Someone has fed you some garbage information there. Absolutely not true.
Are you sure?

About the payments? 100% not true, but yes lost a lot of players that’s for sure. They have been lucky not to pay over the last few years but that bubble finally burst. Other clubs have swooped in and offered decent cash and guys have taken it. Every one left on good terms and no doubt will return to the club one day.
by Wee-man
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:
carey wrote:So i've just heard the 'Eyre Royals Cricket Association' has suspended Bedge.

Cant upset the golden childs hey?

Really? Because of what he posted on here?

6 games I was told.
by carey
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aren't coaches signed to a contract same as players? Surely if something better came up, Mitchell Park would have grounds to squash any move?
Why would you want to keep someone that doesn’t want to be there?

Hopefully they haven’t paid him anything upfront
I wouldn't want to keep him - but I also wouldn't want him landing another job whilst as a club we are without a senior coach. Further to that, I'd be filthy if he quit to go to greener pastures this close to the start of the season - he should be watching footy as a spectator only this season.

If he was a contracted player who wanted to jump ship, there would be massive uproar.
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To me, re-establishing a C grade was one of the major focus points in the offseason. Forget about depth, or winning, or how it's managed - the C grade adds extra numbers to the track, it adds another 20 odd sets of hands to assist on Saturdays in volunteer roles over the season, it helps create a better vibe, and it creates a place for overflow of players.

Last year the club had only A/B - believing that dropping the C grade would make spots more competitive and people would transform into super committed folks. In reality, it just saw players head elsewhere, give up, or try and push for B grade early then disappear. We struggled for game day volunteers and share to volunteer requirements for Jnr footy and then as the season went on, the numbers continued to decline to the point some weeks it was a struggle to field a B grade.

Players in the B grade last year were genuine C graders - no disrespect to them, and they battled their backsides off and loved being in the B grade, but with their effort and commitment they deserve to be able to play in a grade commensurate with their ability and allow them to enjoy themselves more.

I'd like to see more kids coming through our C grade, and bringing back former juniors to play, then top up with C grade ability, and over flow from B grade. Like them to be competitive but not hell bent on winning games.

So in a nutshell, our C grade is more about providing a service and formed out of need/want more so than anything to do with A/B grade depth.. and i'm sure results will reflect that.
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also massive shout out to Craig Weekley on reaching 450 games - that's a lot of wasted Saturday afternoons! Amazing lifetime achievement though.. congrats and hope the Lions can get a win for you on the weekend. :supz: :partyman:
by The Bedge
Thu May 11, 2023 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

GG's first Indigenous Guernsey for R8 v. Edwardstown.

Designed by Shane Edwards, would be a handy 0 pointer while we're on the topic of APPS
by Fools Gold
Fri May 19, 2023 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After yesterdays results, you’d have to have serious concerns on Brahmas ability to see out the season. A belting like that against a club who has been copping scores like that themselves. Ouch.
Absolutely, hopefully rather than shit canning them the football community get behind them a bit, if them doors close they won’t ever re-open.

Hopefully the players have enough respect for Dave to ride out this, drop down a div and rebuild.

Love them it hate them, the comp is a better place with them in it, even if it means going to that weird hidden oval with dead pockets everywhere.
by Lightning McQueen
Sun May 28, 2023 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching some footage of Smithfield’s B Grade pre- match warm up yesterday is absolute gold, while doing some running on the spot there’s “Barbie Girl” playing in the background so all the players start dancing and singing to it, it’s been a loooong season for them and seeing their spirit in the final match of the season was simply epic.
by Lightning McQueen
Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

The positive out of this though, is that we only ever appear to beat them in semi finals, so I'm still picking us this week :lol:

Footy Chick wrote:
Pembrokes little tit-for-tat and mind games might've just backfired on them...

8)

I'm a very proud footy mother tonight.

We looked done at the last break - 5 goals down.

11 goal final quarter from us.

We live to fight another week.

The monkey is off the back.

I don't do this often, but

**** off Pembroke :finga: :lol:
by Footy Chick
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was some talk of Smithfield asking to stay in Div 6. Better development for their younger players and would be a logistically easier division with travel.

Very sure Elizabeth and EP will not want to stay up so hard to see how they can be squeezed in unless Houghton want to stay down.
They pretty much lost every game by 30 goals and were gifted a free pass to div 6 this year when they should've been in 7. Logistically easier, what a crock of shit
1: I too think it’s a crock of shit, I’m sure they’d prefer to go down at this stage.
2: I’d hardly call it a free pass into div 6, I’m sure they would’ve preferred to start in div 7.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Purple Warrior wrote:Wasn't he suspended once for striking an umpire?
Seems like the right person to have in charge, loser club that will never change

Wasn’t it deemed careless contact at the time after a head clash following a ball up, and was 7yrs ago - played without incident since?
by The Bedge
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Would bet the house that eastern park absolutely mauls everyone this year. Absolutely quality signings that are not only absolute guns but good blokes to play with and have a beer with after, to go with all the resigned players from last year and ones that left from the year before. Put everything on black that Chris Knapp will take them all the way and win the association medal, you’ve heard it here first.
Absolutely.
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Correct, unfortunately due to personal reasons Carey was unable to commit fully 100% to this season. Whilst he's stepped back from the head coaching role, he will still be around the club taking on a mentor role and assisting with the transition and upskilling of the incoming coach + lower grade coaches.

It's a blow for us, but at the end of the day it's community sport, and work/family/life/health all come first, and we respect and appreciate that - and also the difficulty he had in coming to this decision after the season we had last year and the relationships he was able to form.

This season was going to be his last anyway, it's just forced out hand a little sooner.

We are incredibly thankful for the time and energy he put in over the past 12 months, and helping to deliver us a premiership + promotion out of D7. He helped set us on the path we want to be on, will forever be a premiership coach and mate and I look forward to him and his family remaining around the club in some capacity moving forward.
by The Bedge
Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If EP don't win the flag, it'll be the biggest choke and failure in AdFL recent history.
by The Bedge
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

I don't want to be the one that sounds like an arsehole.. but.. why should the SANFL or anyone else go easy on them, or be lenient?

Through this whole fiasco - before and during - they had the opportunity to co-operate, come clean, admit guilt and work through it. Was talk of large portion of the fine being suspended if they complied.

Instead they hired a lawyer, fought it, declared innocence until the 13th hour and now people are starting to think poor Gaza can't have them fold?!

You make your bed you lie in it.
by The Bedge
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BenchedEagle wrote:Very impressive umpiring performance from Enfield Utd volunteers@ Dauntsey,,handled the game very well.

Surely deserve a a granny umpiring spot?

Grade 1 or it's nothing. 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:Unpopular opinion perhaps, but no one cared when other clubs had to be the whipping girls to Eyre during their dominance across both A/B grade the last however many years.. should make them stay in the top flight, regardless of who they've lost..

Guess whose into the Grade 2 Grand Final...
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the joker wrote:Heated out in finals is the worst.

Washed out is even worse. You have to sit around and see the smiles on the oppositions face.
by whufc
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Considering Elizabeth haven't even contacted the league to explain its situation I highly doubt this is true, But you keep talking and we will see.
Hmm nah I think she’s probably closer to the mark than you think.

League may not have spoken directly to Elizabeth - or the club contacted them - but would be naive to think they aren’t aware of the situation or making plans and contingencies based off what is potentially going to happen.

The challenge for Lizbeff at the moment is being transparent and upfront with the league and working with them.. if you don’t, and it goes south, you’ll be on your own.
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boot em.. move em… sink em.

Their own arrogance and ego is their downfall.. we have been open about moving up to accomodate but they won’t budge so **** then let them die.

Don’t ask the delegates each year to vote on crap, then remove their voice when it matters most:

**** everyone
Few too many drinks last night.. bit harsh - not even sure what I was talking about :oops: :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boot em.. move em… sink em.

Their own arrogance and ego is their downfall.. we have been open about moving up to accomodate but they won’t budge so **** then let them die.

Don’t ask the delegates each year to vote on crap, then remove their voice when it matters most:

**** everyone
Agree
How long have Portland been struggling. Boot them
Other 2 sides play c grade.
Scrap Div 7 and make 4/5/6 divisions 12/13 teams.
More games to help clubs revenue plus players want to play more games.

Would love to know what players you’ve spoken to that want to play more than 18 games + potentially 3-4 finals.. Only one week off throughout in June! 18-20 year olds maybe but not a chance many above that age would be keen to extend the season!
by #bleedredandblue
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |