Search found 113 matches

Return

Re: Roy Laird’s last season coaching

gazzamagoo wrote:Very interesting stuff, I'm definitely not naming any players but it's interesting to hear some of the players' names that are considering returning to Centrals, some recently left, some a few year's ago.

I hope this comes to fruition, Gaz. I like what you're saying.
by Groucho
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

It appears that the Dogs may be close to nabbing a son of an AFL legend from Wagga, a quick mid who has played ressies at Sydney.

I hope he plays more than 1 season with us.

Also hope he is good enough to be one of our best players but not good enough to be stolen by the Offal (AFL) or worse Norwood.
I can hear them opening the safe at Norwood as we type. No salary cap and can speak , lure players from all the other clubs whether contracted or not..
by Groucho
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:Verrrrrrrrrry interesting...........................Douglas negotiating to play SANFL but not Norwood or Glenelg.

I'm excited and feeling positive if you're hinting what I think you're hinting.

Are you suggesting the number 26 guernsey is no longer available at Centrals? :D 8)
by Groucho
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

northerner wrote:Izzy McKenzie invited to do pre season with West Coast. 3 month contract could roll over to 12 month rookie contract.

DISAPPOINTING!! :( :evil: :twisted:
by Groucho
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel the salary cap is only a guide and we follow the North and Central Districts model.

>>> Yes that's sarcasm folks, bit of humour before you all melt down <<<

Which League do Central District s play in. The team in the S.A.N.F.L. is called Central District. ;) Hahaha, wrong league I'm talking about the SanFULL

I hate that term, it is still S.A.N.F.L. to me.
by Groucho
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Zac Milbank suggesting that Boyd will be at another SANFL club

Any chance coming back to Dogs.

Yep, a few suggestions he might be,

Fingers crossed, let's hope so. The no. 9 jumper is available.
by Groucho
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMA wrote:
Al22 wrote:Good to have Ben back. As a Salisbury lad, Yatala is his natural footy home,

EFA ;)

I hope you have a good lawyer as that is Libel.

Do you think it is funny? Was it really necessary? I'm sick of these stereotypes.

Also, you should look in your own back yard considering the 2 teams you support.
by Groucho
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

LMA wrote:
I see a link between CDFC and Hawthorn fans, cute that you support 2 clubs BTW.

You also support 2 clubs.
Cute how Port Power count the 2 premierships won by the separate club Port Adelaide Magpies. :lol:
by Groucho
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Armchair expert wrote:
LMA wrote:Heard SANFL season postponed, possible May 31 return.

Confirmed by giligan

Did the Professor and Mary Ann agree too? :D
by Groucho
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Armchair expert wrote:Port and Crows merging is guaranteed to happen

Magpies back to the sanfl

no afl in sanfl

everyone is happy

No AFL is good. We don't want the Magpies. They wouldnt exist as PAM are Power Rerves so leave with Crows Reserves.
by Groucho
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Entry should be $10 , it’s been overpriced for so long by the dreamers at Sanfl :oops:
May I suggest that the old system for integrating afl players in our comp now looks
not too bad , worked well on the whole, while being cost effective . Unless you’re an
overpaid afl coach/manager with a self centred view of footy in SA.
9 team or 8 team comp I don’t care, but NO Ravens. Sure the two afl clubs would need
a significant input into what happens with their players in the Sanfl and going forward
all parties will need to give a little for the common good. Not hard?!!!
Playing the comp into summer should be a winner at the non cricket grounds with twilight
and double headers on Friday and Saturday. I’m sure the real Sanfl players would much
rather play then train at that time of the year. If the afl players don’t like it they can ...........
......... off :(
Buy a club season ticket and it works out about than that and the money goes to the club. $185 for season and $125 concession. Admission price is not an issue.

Can get a Power membership fo near on that ;)

Wouldn't get one if they were free or they paid me to have one!
by Groucho
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: longest winning streaks, every team v every team

The other record is the losing streaks as follows

Adelaide Crows 2 2019
Glenelg 11 1964 - 1968
North Adelaide 12 1989 - 1993
Norwood 5* 2012 - 2013
Port Adelaide 15 1964 - 1971
South Adelaide 9 1976 - 1979
Sturt 16 1964 - 1971
West Adelaide 8 1967 - 1971
Woodville-West Torrens 11 1991 - 1994

West Torrens 5 1968 - 1970
Woodville 3 1977

* Also 1974 - 1976, 1996 - 1997, 1997 - 1999

When Central District defeated Sturt for the first time in the 1971 1st Semi Final they had then defeated every team in the league.

Further to my previous post Central District all time streak

MOST CONSECUTIVE WINS 16 2001 - 2002 (Round 15, 2001 - Round 6, 2002)
MOST CONSECUTIVE LOSSES 21 1964 - 1965 (Round 1, 1964 - Round 1, 1965)
by Groucho
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: longest winning streaks, every team v every team

I just recently noticed that Central had a 14 game winning streak against Port Adelaide,
it would be interesting to know all the other winning streaks,
does anyone keep such records?

Longest Winning streak Central District v

Adelaide Crows 5 2014 - 2016
Glenelg 14* 2008 - 2012
North Adelaide 18 1997 - 2004
Norwood 7 2007 - 2009
Port Adelaide 14 2007 - 2012
South Adelaide 18 2006 - 2013
Sturt 8 1991 - 1994
West Adelaide 16 2003 - 2009
Woodville-West Torrens 8 2001 - 2003

West Torrens 10 1970 - 1974
Woodville 7 1981 - 1984

* Includes Draw 2009. 4 Wins Draw 9 Wins. Previous winning streak record was 13 2000 - 2004

These stats were built from Robert Laidlaw's excellent book "Poms to Premiers" and his 40 year almanac and then I added each seasons results as they occurred.
by Groucho
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brett wrote:Any news on the Dogs fundraising effort.Last we heard was 50k.

$60,600 Brett.
by Groucho
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Your last year's premiers and 1975 was last century FFS.
by Groucho
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They can play with themselves. :? :D
by Groucho
Sun May 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL have announced no AFL listed player will play State League footy this year so that would officially end any thoughts of Crows/Port in SANFL.

Heartbreaking.
At least one piece of great news has come out of this mess.

YES! Even better if it continues next season on and beyond. Fingers crossed. :D
by Groucho
Tue May 12, 2020 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I blame UKFan & Centurion,
I have reports that the two were seen together with a chemical set in a Wuhan wet market late last year,
clever, verrrry clever.

Eric would be content tonight.

Speaking of Eric. I don't trust PAFC or the AFL, and the SANFL will bend over for the AFL at the drop of a hat.
Is it time for Eric to have a little brother?

NO PORT IN THE SANFL!
by Groucho
Tue May 12, 2020 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When 2 teams have exactly the same score at the end of the game. ;)
by Groucho
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope you're not counting WA v CD as a thriller. Very disappointing and a night mare.

I did a bit of a count and CD had 7 switches i.e. short kicks back and forth across goal etc which contributed 3 - 3 to WA score. Central also had 13 kicks and 5 Hand balls that went to Westies with 1 of the hand ball resulting in a goal. West kicked 9 and hand balled once to Central.

I don't guarantee full accuracy of these stats but they would be very close.

Hate this stupid Victorian AFL style of game. AFL coaches have a lot to answer for. Also why do we have this stupid last touch rule? Get rid of it.

My dear Groucho.... this stupid style of football you refer to involving switching play was a major reason we won 9 premierships! Ok - it helps when you have personnel who don’t bite off more than they can chew and turn it over in your back half I grant you... but let’s remember it took Stewie and Jonah a few years to develop the confidence and experience needed to execute. We probably won’t play finals this year, but I am really excited with some of the talent that is currently coming through and being given an opportunity, and that’s just seeing the first two games. So have faith my friend, we are building something really good here. And just quietly- the two latest recruits Wild and Toner both looked very handy in the ressies and it won’t surprise to see them get a chance sooner rather than later.
As for comments re disliking the draw- I too am in the minority as I think if two teams can’t take their opportunities to post a winning score in 2 hours then let’s call it a day and share the points. How many times in a nail biter do we hear “ neither team deserved to lose that game”? That’s usually when a draw is a fair result in my eyes..

Fair enough. I respect your opinion. As you say I think we had exceptional players in the Premiership years that were extremely capable of executing this style of play. Yes we do have very good players and exciting ones emerging. But I have never liked draws, as i said previously I consider them the same as a loss. That is we didn't win. The feeling is just flat when it is a draw, no cheering no clapping. We will agree to differ. I take your point about exciting players and times ahead.
by Groucho
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im sure their reasons are valid, and the cost/loss involved might be too big to carry, but losing the Budget feels like a piece of the fabric of the competition is now missing. Nothing new I guess, but a shame nonetheless.

Yes, agree with you. Very sad.

Other things we have lost red behind posts, torpedo punt instead of screw punt, banana kick instead of check side.
Also noticed The Advertiser now publish the teams reading from the back lines instead of from the forward lines.
We also are the only League that has the last touch rule. Get rid of it.

It is a new world even before the new normal of COVID-19.
by Groucho
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Centrals v South 1145 FFS Elizabeth

i re-watched the game and counted 24 times Central kicked the ball straight to South Adelaide, 19 of these were chest marks or in the hands. 5 were ground balls.
There were only 9 instances I counted SA kicking the ball to Centrals.

We aren't any good at the chipping short kicks or back and forward across the ground and across goals. It usually results in a turnover. If we're going to turn it over we may as well kick long out of the 50 metre arc and if it turns over at least the opposition have to work to bring it back in.

Also scoring 5 goals a game would be good if we were playing soccer, but we're not we are playing Australian Rules Football. We need to score 15+ goals and maybe we will win more than we lose.

This"game plan" or style doesn't work. Let's try something else.
by Groucho
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Eagles v Norwood Sunday 1410 Woodville

Norwood v Central, one side has to win unless it's a draw. There is hope for one of us.
by Groucho
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2000 - Central broke a 36 year drought. :) :D
by Groucho
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Centrals v North Saturday 1410

[quote="TDJ44"
Probably not this week the cocks will be hard and penetrate our backhalf.[/quote]

That's what she said. :lol:
by Groucho
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Centrals v North Saturday 1410

is he going to wear a pointy bra?
by Groucho
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 WWWT v Centrals Saturday 1410

Another loss but only by 30 points. Eagles should have won by at least 10 goals.

8 games left.

We outscored them after quarter time and we won 2 quarters. It that positive enough for you Northerner and Gazza?

What positive did you come up with this week N.
by Groucho
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 WWWT v Centrals Saturday 1410

Another loss but only by 30 points. Eagles should have won by at least 10 goals.

8 games left.

We outscored them after quarter time and we won 2 quarters. It that positive enough for you Northerner and Gazza?

What positive did you come up with this week N.
The outstanding game from Rhett was a highlight whilst Durdin and OBrien are developing nicely.

Which of the younger players are you enjoying see develop?

Durdin and O'Brien are outstanding and very promising, and Rhett is coming along in leaps and bounds. You're right they were enjoyable. It was good to see Lachlan Grubb get a game in the league he is also a possible exciting player. In the reserves I have noticed Rhys Cannizzarro he may be the next youngster to make the league side.
by Groucho
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 1410

Another loss. It was expected but 3 goals better than predicted.

Positives: We kicked more than 10 goals and outscored Glenelg in the 2nd and 4th quarter.
Great games from Troy Menzel, Travis Schiller, Jarrod Schiller and James Boyd. Enjoyed my favourite player Justin Hoskin and 2 goals from Murray Stephenson.
At least the Glenelg supporters enjoyed the game.

Negatives: We lost. 7 to go.
by Groucho
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1410

I'm furious about the injury to Troy Menzel, looks like a shoulder injury. It was the result of a sling tackle, I was about 100 metres from it and heard the thump as Troy was slung into the ground. Sickening. No free kick. No report. WTF! :twisted: :evil:

I'm devastated for Troy and hope he recovers quickly and feel sickened that he was injured.
by Groucho
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Central 8 points

So the sky hasn't fallen? Shock me .

The only issue in the last few weeks is the negative supporters are happy. They don't deserve it !
Cue Groucho .....

I've supported Centrals through thick and thin since 1964 as a 7 year old and a paid up member since 1978. I am a passionate supporter and have spent $1,000's of dollars over this time and lots of blood, sweat and tears. I only missed about 10 games since 1973. Who are you to say I don't deserve it?

I don't care what you say, it was a great win which I enjoyed immensely and I do deserve it.
by Groucho
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

... Adelaide has already signalled it's intention not to field a second side should the list drop down to 35 or so. If that is the case you would expect Port to do the same.
[-o<

Just thinking about this. Has there been any recent word on this. I suppose the SANFL will lose the $400k/year from the AFC which will affect all teams. I am not sure if PA actually bring anything to the table financially anyways. I don't think we have missed either club.

Crows via Adam Kelly said this on AA about 3 weeks ago.

IF they had 35, 22 playing plus1/2 emergencies leaves 11 minus injuries.

He said that if this was the case they would like to have their players plat at other clubs as they would always need the bulk of the side to be "top up" players and that would be more expense when the idea of 35 players is to cut expense.

The payment would go. They have not payed this year despite their being a contract. I for one expect the SANFL to chase that payment. I agree that we have not missed them. 8 team comp for me.

I suppose they're taking their 4,000 supporters with them. :lol:
Please let it be true, 8 team competition from now on.
by Groucho
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully Jackson Hately for Centrals.

IF the Crows trade for him, IF the Crows not in the SANFL and IF Jackson wants to play for Centrals. Fingers Crossed. Let it be so.
by Groucho
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

I'm proud of every Central player today. You all played your best and gave everything but couldn't quite get there.

I never want to hear you glenelg supporters complain about the umpires ever again as you received the biggest armchair ride ever today.

To the Green Maggots, I'm sorry the nasty Centrals players were so mean to you and hurt your little feelings. You soft cocks. I hope you had enough tissues to dry your tears after the game. This generation of maggots are the worst ever!

Stupid time to play the game I had trouble seeing the game it was so dark.

Thank F**k this God awful season finishes next week. All I can say is Norwood better beat Westies because I don't want to finish bottom. Not looking forward to next season.
by Groucho
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

I'm really glad he came to play at our club. He has been a valuable acquisition. I hope he decides to play again next year. With the retirement of Trent Goodrem his favourite no. 11 guernsey is available for him.
by Groucho
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Daryl Hicks
by Groucho
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Magarey Medalist

No, Wedgie did. :D
by Groucho
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: reserves

NO AFL IN THE S.A.N.F.L. :evil: :twisted:
by Groucho
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: reserves

No. It's giving me the 5h1ts, I want them both gone! :evil:
by Groucho
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

goddy11 wrote:Rucci saying he expects Godden back at the AFC as a coach in their SANFL side.

Will the 2 AFL side be admitted back . If yes at what cost.

https://www.sen.com.au/programs/sen-sa-breakfast/

F**K Rucci!! :twisted: :evil:
by Groucho
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL grand final timing

OR NO AFL IN THE S.A.N.F.L.
by Groucho
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL management system is to bend over and grab their ankles, grin and bear it. They do whatever the AFL tells them to do. :twisted:
by Groucho
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks Gazz, I get that. I was more commenting on the relevance of women's football.
by Groucho
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Seems the consensus is the players got the coach sacked.

"Everything is fine".

Everything would be fine if there were NO AFL IN THE SANFL!
by Groucho
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why don't they F off out our league and take the Crows with them.
by Groucho
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you were sturt or eagles posters on here I would offer you salt and sour grapes, but you don't deserve it. Also you support a fellow sensible no vote club.
by Groucho
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can't post that, it's not punny.
by Groucho
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We need more elite players
by Groucho
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |