Search found 113 matches

Return

Re: Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

I have just returned home from the Centrals v Port Power Reserves Magpies after witnessing an enjoyable 11 goal loss. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank the 6 clubs that voted yes as I now see how this is really good for SA and SANFL football.

Full time professional footballers playing against semi professional players in a semi professional league. Who would have thought what a great idea this was? I'm really looking forward to the season proper now.

I can't decide between 2 events for my highlight of the day. It was either Sam Colquhoun playing against us or seeing dual premiership player and member of a great and legendary Centrals family wearing a Port Magpies Polo shirt and cap. :shock:

I also would like to thank the AFL for ruining the game at every level.
by Groucho
Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central v South Post Game

Well done today Dogs snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
This is the worst Centrals team this century, possibly ever. They are succeeding very well if their mission is to make the other teams supporters very happy. :evil: :twisted:

Now if we can just lose the next 14 games we can win the spoon.

Looking forward to deleting the replay very soon.
by Groucho
Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Symes Announces Retirement

Yes, all the best Brad have enjoyed watching you play for Centrals, an absolute champion and good bloke too.

I think the club should ask Brad to toss the coin on Saturday so as the supporters can say farewell and thank you to Brad.
Thoughts?
by Groucho
Mon May 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 10/5)

If you witnessed what I did yesterday you would tip North by 5 to 10 goals.
by Groucho
Mon May 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Davies departure

Interesting appointment by Port Adelaide, despite criticism over the years Rhode has been one stable element of the football department over the last 5 years that has been critical in turning the on field fortunes of the club around.

Best of luck, Chris.

Oh.....

Grizzle, *negative comment* moan and groan. There, thread kept on track.

Yes thanks Chris for wrecking the great competition that used to be the SANFL, [-X good riddance, oops I meant to say good luck.
I wish you well in your new appointment and hope you do an even better job of stuffing up the Power/Magpies.
by Groucho
Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling - First week of finals announced

tipper wrote:or the reserves sides could you know, not play finals at all??

Or even better, not be in the SANFL at all.
by Groucho
Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 - Centrals v Adelaide Reserves @ Elizabeth

yep, went to The Luncheon, took junior, met some legends, ate & drank my fill, then sat at the bar in The Club for the rest of the afternoon, protesting silently.

Just as well Centurion as you wouldn't have got your normal spot due to the presence of the "4,000 " extra supporters promised by the Crows. I couldn't move in front of the grand stand for all the extras that showed up to this game. ;)
by Groucho
Sun May 31, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal predictions

Big Phil wrote:
Smokey would be Travis Schiller from Central Districts...

Central District.

Phil I would have expected better from you. Sorry to be pedantic.
by Groucho
Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Good to see Melbourne named first on the scoreboard and using Central's bench and rooms. Well done Kris Grant. :D
by Groucho
Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 21 May @ My Money Hou

Somebody in the crowd got a warning from security for bagging the Crows. Precious bunch they are.

At 3/4 time in the Reserves Crows went onto ground to have kick and catch I called out "Get off our ground and get out of our League." An official, I think it may even have been the coach responded to me, didn't really hear what it was so I said no AFL in the S.A.N.F.L.
by Groucho
Sun May 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Booney wrote:Just playing by the rules put in place.

That would be the first time! Why start now?

I smell conspiracy, Power recruiting for their SANFL side. :evil:

No OFFAL in the SANFUL!!
by Groucho
Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 6

To all West Adelaide supporters
Mark the days on your calendar, only 2 weeks until you play the worst team in the league. You can look forward to an enjoyable day at the football with no opposition and a 5 - 10 goal win. ](*,)

You could pick 21 supporters (male and female) from the crowd put them in WA jumpers and still win!
You are kidding I cannot see us winning a game
You must have 2 dicks you cant be that stupid playing with one
told you so 2 dicks

I think u will find most Centrals supporters on this site would fit perfectly in the two dicks theorey

Thanks for your input.
by Groucho
Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Booney wrote:I guess I just think be careful what you wish for.

Rucci is that you? :lol:
by Groucho
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

GMcG wrote:at least Schelly hung around!

Yes best one to keep. May have won a Magarey had he not played last minor round game for Crows. One of the best players to ever play for Centrals.
by Groucho
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 South v Centrals (Saturday 13:10)

Easy to criticise and fashionable to sink the boots in to this particular player. Butch seems to be everyone's whipping boy. A goal is a goal is a goal and is worth 6 points no matter when or how they are kicked. Butch would be in my side every week.
You never criticised him before he played for Centrals ? Yes a goal is a goal and is worth 6 points. :shock:

He always seemed to play well against us and kick goals. I was happy when he was recruited to play for Centrals.
by Groucho
Sat May 05, 2018 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Central v Sturt Sat 1410

Grenville wrote:Insipid,soft, weak as piss.

NO! I won't have it.

We would have to improve 50% to be that good. :evil:
by Groucho
Sat May 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is this the worst ?

Good on the Doggies for doing something different.

Funny, can't remember the same criticism when Sturt had their "Bring your Dog" day a few weeks back.
Aussies like dogs more than they like the Royal Family

Now you mention it, does anyone else see the irony of a ‘Bring you dog to footy’ day, and Unley Oval :lol:

Speaking of irony . There is a sign on the fence at the northern entrance at Elizabeth Oval that says no dogs allowed.

It seems the team took notice of it as the Bulldogs certainly didn't turn up today. :evil:
by Groucho
Sat May 19, 2018 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Centrals Fri 1920

I preferred it when we were banned from night games at Norwood Oval. Saturday afternoon 2:10 pm is the time for S.A.N.F.L. football.
by Groucho
Fri May 25, 2018 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Centrals Fri 1920

I've only seen the first half and a bit, but not getting carried away with the win. We can be very dangerous when things are on our own terms, but Centrals (unusually for them) really allowed it by being below par with their pressure early and their skill errors that prevented scoring opportunities their way regularly lead to scores in our favour.
Those skill errors are consistent each week.

Central players don't seem to have any problems hitting a player on the chest lace out with either hand or foot when they are wearing the opposition jumper! :evil: :(
by Groucho
Sun May 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District v Port Adelaide R10

WE SUCK!!

We are the worst team in the S.A.N.F.L.
I don't believe we will win another game this season (not too sure about next season either.)
We never kick more than 9 - 10 goals a game.We wouldn't beat our Reserves team or the lowest ranked women's league team.

North to win by 20 goals next week. :evil:
by Groucho
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs South at My Money Oval

Also noted John Olsen at the game today. To paraphrase Monty Python, "How dare you profane this place with your presence."

John won the Split 50/50 Raffle on Saturday and donated his $500 odd dollars in prize money back to Central Districts.

Shouldn't he have donated it to Central District. ;)
by Groucho
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs West Richmond oval 14/7

Well done West too good.

I can't believe how much joy Centrals bring to people every week, only problem is it is the other team's players and supporters. I can' remember what it's like to enjoy a game of football (or red rover all over as it is these days) including the last 2 wins which were ugly horrible games.

Anyone who likes a bet, put as much as you feel comfortable gambling with on Adelaide to record their only win of the season next week against Central at Elizabeth, 5 goals +.

Remember gamble responsibly and you heard it here first.

PS. In fact 5 games left in this horrible season bet on whoever Central play by at least 10 goals every week and you will end up in front (Adelaide, Sturt, Norwood, Port, Eagles.)
by Groucho
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership 2018

bulldogproud wrote:Yep, looking like a Norwood versus Eagles GF for me, with Norwood winning.
Looking at their playing list, it is no surprise that Norwood are red-hot favourites. How they manage to have that much talent under the salary cap is phenomenal.
Cheers

What salary cap? :? :)
by Groucho
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

. Surprised Butch has been named, he was hobbling noticeably late last week.

Just because he has been named doesn't mean he will play. Our selectors have a habit of naming players that have no intention of playing. i.e. Trent last week. It really annoys me as it only fools us supporters and doesn't affect aour opponent who usually know any way.
by Groucho
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

OK. Yes fair enough you're right about the passes, I think I was remembering all the previous games but it was still a horrible unenjoyable game to watch. Roy even said so at the player presentations.
by Groucho
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs Port Power Reserves @ Alberton

That they piss off with the crows to an AFL reserves competition. Leaving 8 team S.A.N.F.L. League and Reserves.
by Groucho
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal 2018

No the club closed it due to idiots like me. :oops: :(
by Groucho
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

They don't seem to have a salary cap either.
by Groucho
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

Is this the old East Germany or North Korea?

What a joke. He would have got less games for striking.
Get rid of Olsen and his fellow AFL loving yes men.
by Groucho
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:o :D :lol:

Terrific news. I've never been so happy to be wrong. Central players DO return to CDFC from the Offal (AFL). :prayer:

Please don't tease about Daniel that would be the icing on the cake!

How's that for positive Centurion (aka GMcG) and Northerner. I'm so HAPPY!!
by Groucho
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:Dogs have signed Darcy Pisani from Norwood

Good News! :) Welcome to the Ponderosa.

Also I am glad to see the club announcing these signings so early. Recruiters have been and are busy. That's what we like to see. :D :lol:
by Groucho
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Live scores, results & discussion...

Certain 2 points next game.
by Groucho
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure ladder 2019

-2 < 0

Therefore, North is below Glenelg, West & Central.
i.e. BOTTOM
by Groucho
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure ladder 2019

OK. Fair enough. I am in favour of eliminating 2 of the mistakes made by the S.A.N.F.L., on the fence on the 3rd one.
There is a fourth one I wish they would correct. I hate how they refer to Sanfull , it is an acronym not a word.
by Groucho
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3

We won!!! :shock: :D :lol:

You were right Mr Magoo. :-BD

Ugly game, horrible to watch BUT I don't care because we won.
by Groucho
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4

Alex wrote:Team has been a total shambles since Lokan took over.

You say this like it's a bad thing. :)
by Groucho
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4

Interesting stat from last round, not one team that won the game (or drew) won the inside 50 count.

Three of the four losing teams won the Inside 50s, overall possessions and Clearances! (The Eagles won inside 50s but not the Possession count or clearances).
Considering the importance that coaches put on Inside 50s and Clearances this is intriguing.

No offence N this just seems to prove all this Offal (AFL) and Champion Data stuff is BS. To me the only stat that matters is the winning score.
by Groucho
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt v Centrals Sun 1410

A bit of Mr. Magoo positive thinking. I just realised Centrals can still make the finals. It usually takes 10 wins or even if you say 11 wins like last season, they only have to win 9 of the last 10 remaining games and make up percentage (because we have the lowest percentage in the League). :D

We only need to win 3 quarters each game by a big margin given we always have at least 1 goalless quarter.
by Groucho
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Crows

Couple of youngsters to get their first games for the Dogs?

Hey N were you on selection this week? I notice in: S.Burton

Ryan Falkenberg a great game last week in the Reserves, I have been impressed with him the last 2 seasons.

Well done and good luck to all the debutants this week and in the future,
by Groucho
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Sturt

No, our song says we are a winning team at Centrals. Westies are a happy team according to their song. :lol: :D
by Groucho
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles V Central

Centrals by 2 points :)
by Groucho
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

spell_check wrote:
Groucho wrote:Any Eagles supporters please advise if you have a BBQ at Woodville Oval and where it is. I don't like
Vilis pies and pasties so would need a bbq instead.

Thank you

Northern end, just to the left of behind the goals

Thanks SC
by Groucho
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr. Magoo you were right!

How sweet it is. The world is just that little bit nicer place this week. :D :) :lol: 8)

Well played blokes, I'm proud of you all. All played well. Best of the best in order were J.Schiller, East, T.Schiller, Menzel, Hoskin, Fort, Goodrem, Jenner Barreau & Gillard.

Good Game, especially as didn't notice any backwards kicking, sideways kicking, cirular hand balling or precise little kicks. Kicked longer to forwards and passes hit the mark and handballs hit the chest more often than not. Again Well Done Dogs!
by Groucho
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West V Centrals

Another win! :)

Well played Dogs.
by Groucho
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17, Norwood v Central District

OK . Fair enough.

The win on Good Friday against NA was the most enjoyable game this year closely followed by this one. Most satisfying.

Great effort boys, well done.
by Groucho
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

I hope you're right Gazza.
by Groucho
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

What a PRICK of a season, so glad it is finally over. Today's game typified the whole season, especially when the final quarter went 32 minutes and made us suffer as long as possible to the bitter end.

Perfect example of why there should be no AFL in the S.A.N.F.L..

End of football for the year as far as I'm concerned, zero interest in S.A.N.F.L. finals.

Can wait for next season (not a typo I meant CAN not can't.)

And to the Port morons (supporters and players) thank you for reminding me why I hate your football club so much.
by Groucho
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Qualifying Final - Powerserves v Crowserves

I'm hoping everyone there for the Elimination Final leave and don't come back for the Qualifying Final. That should send a message.
I am staying for both. Love my two clubs. Norwood and Adelaide.

Not me I'm Centrals first Crows (AFL) second.

I hate the Crows (and Power) in the SANFL. I can't barrack for 2 teams in the same competition. Footy has finished for this year as far as i'm concerned.
by Groucho
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 2nd Semi Final - Glenelg v Powerserves

Atmosphere of this game shows why the SANFL needs a Port magpies presence retained even if an AFL reserves happens in the future

Are you serious? If AFL Reserves happen we don't want the Power C grade playing as the Magpies in the SANFL.
Crows and Power to the AFL Reserves and the SANFL becomes 8 team competition and level playing field.
by Groucho
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Aidyn Johnson can only be replaced by an AFL player, according to Lokan at the press conference. That leaves Frederick, Pudney and Grundy as options.

So the SANFL forces the AFL clubs to play 4 top ups in the finals so they're not "too" good, but they're not allowed to play more than 4 top ups if there are 17+ AFL players available. Makes sense. More than 4 players actually trying to win is too much of an advantage I guess.

If you don't like it, there's the door and take the Crows with you.
by Groucho
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |