Search found 106 matches

Return

Re: R13: Centrals v Adelaide - Saturday 11 July @ Elizabeth

Booney wrote:Why not? At least you can keep an eye on it that way.

by Dogwatcher
Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Not up to Willaston standards, but exceeds Norwoods.
Seriously, the question has to be asked of Norwood.... a player who is sacked by a Country Club because he doesn't meet the standards required to play for them, then passes muster to play for the Redlegs? It beggars belief.
I know what Centrals would have said if he asked to play again under the current circumstances.
by northerner
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v Woodville West Torrens

I think all the bendover clubs should be disqualified and South Adelaide and Centrals should play in the GF.
by RB
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

DOC wrote:Despite much speculation, Travis Schiller will stay at Centrals.

TFFT!!
by GMcG
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Troy Menzel signs with Central.
Put 2 and 2 together, id say Daniel will be back at Elizabeth too after his delisting today
by daysofourlives
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aerie wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Dogs have signed Darcy Pisani from Norwood

Any relation to former West Torrens player Paul Pisani?

Son apparently
by UK Fan
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Simon Phillips announced his retirement, been a great servant for Norwood

Very true. A hard opponent who gave his all,

Just read his letter on the Norwood web page, That is how to do it.

A quality person, Simon Phillips. One evening four years ago, about an hour and a half after the end of a Sturt vs Norwood (which we'd been pumped in!) League match at Unley, I ventured down into the opposition rooms to see what the state of the rooms were in and there was Simon Phillips, by himself, no-one else around, picking up all the tape/rubbish off the floor! I said, "Mate. You don't have to do that!" "Go and celebrate the win with your mates." He said, "No. It should be left as we found it." Stuck with me. Clearly a quality human being.
by knowledge
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They can live out their dreams at any club without having to play against the club that has often nurtured them through their junior program. Believe it or not some kids actually do love their SANFL club

Of course they do, but they're not as jaded as the bitter, twisted old men, they adapt.

Nup, nothing worse than seeing one of your own lineup against you. Great for the kid like you said, but for the supporters who pump money into the game its a dagger.
by JK
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:Jackson Hately from Central District is off to the AFL with the GWS Giants taking him at selection 14.

Good luck to Jacko, I'm glad he didn't get picked up by either of the South Australian filth.
by Grenville
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm so happy to lose 4 of our best and most promising players to the wonderful AFL. What an honour for the club. Looking forward to the Rookie Draft where we maybe able to provide a few more players. :) ;)

Yep fantastic isnt it... and the best is yet to come- the rookie daft- where the sa based afl clubs can cherry pick oppostion sanfl players to bolster their own sanfl teams -and deplete their opposition at the same time.
by blueandwhite
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Dwayne Russell on SEN says the AFL reserves comp is all go for 2021 and that Adelaide and Port will leave the SANFL.
by DOC
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mitch Grigg confirms that he will not join an AFL side in any mid season draft.In essence he said that they have had a chance to pick you up, they didn't so why do that to yourself and your club.
by DOC
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK. I love football but I find 3 games in a day too many. I would prefer if the SANFLW game was played at 9 am before the Reserves.

If that is the case (combined player presentations). I will be leaving at the conclusion of the League (male) game and going home and miss the player presentations, something I enjoy doing. Club miss out on me buying meal and drinks.

Centrals Presentations will be held after the league (Mens) game. They will be brought forward from the 6pm time slot of last year.
by northerner
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4

Alex wrote:Team has been a total shambles since Lokan took over.
Lokans in charge hahahahaha that's cute.
by stan
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure ladder 2019

OK. Fair enough. I am in favour of eliminating 2 of the mistakes made by the S.A.N.F.L., on the fence on the 3rd one.
There is a fourth one I wish they would correct. I hate how they refer to Sanfull , it is an acronym not a word.

Actually, no.

"Sanfull" is an acronym; an acronym is an initialism that's pronounced as a word, like NASA

Your argument is that SANFL should not be an acronym.

:)
by Dissident
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central v Adelaide Saturday 1.10

Be a tight contest. Adelaide were very good in the first half last week.

I think the Dogs can get up at home. Travis Schiller plays his 100th and I think can easily be a 200 gamer.

Centrals by 3 goals.
by DOC
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Glenelg

Dutchy wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Spargo wrote:Last win was 2008 IIRC.

Yep SLSP v.1 kicked four in the first qtr and the Mouse had a Michael Aish type run in the 3rd (four bounces) but kicked the goal IIRC....

this happened also -

Furthermore, We won the flag.
by gazzamagoo
Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg v Central District

What is going on up there at Elizabeth. I still think of the Doggies that were unbeatable last decade. Such a large area to get juniors through. Not good to see for the SANFL .
Our recruiting zones were crap from 2010 to 2017, has been adjusted now, should see better local recruiting in the next few years. We have 5 or 6 players who any club would take, the rest are fringe league players at the moment. We need this squad to stick together for a few years BUT that doesn't happen anymore, there's no loyalty & too many sooks who have no intestinal fortitude these days.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roy Laird’s last season coaching

A legend. In recent years have particularly appreciated his honesty when it comes to the afl interlopers and refusal to toe the party line. Much respect.
Was just about to write the same. Pretty much a lone, "active" voice in an SANFL role against the AFL centric system and the terrible bowing to the AFL to destroy our league. Wasn't afraid to voice his honest opinion which most often was reflective of the true SANFL supporter with the future of the SANFL his concern.
Yep, right on. Not only a great record, but has also hung on in the less successful years when others might’ve found the going too tough. Now there’s one less true SANFL voice in the comp, and it’ll be poorer for his retirement.
by Magellan
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any early guesses as to who will take over. Believe he isn't full time so unless the club changes that i can't see anyone from within the AFL system taking it. All the "locals" will say Gowans twins or Platten but in my opinion is 0% chance of happening and would be a terrible appointment. Ex players in the coaching system that stand out would be Guerra and Thomas (but $$ will be an issue), Scott Dutschke coaching Freeling, Matt Slade coaching North Adel womens team. Personally i think it should be an outsider
Not all the "locals"' will say that, certainly no more than anyone else.

Lessons long learned from other clubs, and from within, that playing legends don't necessarily make the best coaches (North folk might care to back me up there), and that lesser known players can make very good coaches and leaders.

Besides recent history, Alan Stewart got the Club to our first Grand Final in the '90s. By contrast Gary Window, a Magarey Medallist, coached the club to its last spoon 18 years earlier.
my rumour is that Guerra has already been approached.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The advert on TV last night, "Watch all the local footy action this weekend in the AFL's state leagues,
bit by bit, slowly but surely, they're eroding any relevance we have. :evil: :evil:
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Sturt

don't whinge about losing because of umpires, not a good look. We lost because we're not good enough at the moment.

And telling someone to neck themselves is great optics. But if you regret that comment, it's forgivable.

As for my original post :
1. the discussion was about one game (see thread heading)
2. on the day we were good enough (agree with you over the season). Do we need to be so good that the umps performance is irrelevant? How many opponents are we fixtured to play?
3. on the day the umps were ordinary, and I think they impacted the result. I extrapolated a little to suggest it was not atypical for these particular baldies.

Were you at the game?
by Doddy
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Sturt

I did regret posting it & I deleted it, plus I've sent Mr. Groucho a message elsewhere.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles V Central

That's the spirit.
by DOC
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't need to be past player, John Butcher rubbishing was a favourite pastime when he was still playing. Probably among Centrals fans too
Most of the stuff I heard over his time here was the occasional unimaginative sarcasm from opposition fans, eg "Recruit of the year!" , that type of stuff. Then again, I tend to sit in areas where there are more opposition fans.

Personally, I always felt 'Dogs fans believed in him in the main, alot of that might have been faith in the CDFC as well.
by StrayDog
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I keep saying this BUT..................we MUST keep this group together, there are some real future guns amongst them, together with a couple of kpp recruited I think they can go a long way in the next couple of years.
Trouble is, the new coach will receive the accolades. :(
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

2,600.....should have been 6-7,000 min. for what Roy has given those supporters.

Poorly promoted by the club, not to mention the no presentations for the last game of the year.
Poorly promoted by the club?
I reckon half of South Australia knew it was Roy's last game,
all the promotion in the world wouldn't have worked,
the air of apathy toward the SANFL out north is huge,
the majority are fed up with the way the SANFL is run now, they've been turned off & now have other interests,
combine this with the fact that Roy wasn't even going to be there made it very difficult.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Heard many good things about Tyson Goldsack from his time at Collingwood.

But can he coach!
by gazzamagoo
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 1st Semi Final - Crowserves v Norwood

You're all trippin if you don't think a Showdown Grand Final isn't the best thing for the competition. ;)

-The SANFL will get maximum exposure in the local media
-The masses will come and it will be the first SANFL GF sell out of AO since the return to the oval
-it will provide the two AFL clubs with momentum heading into the next season which can only be good for football in SA.
-It will be the first GF of the two SA powerhouse rivals.
-It will motivate the original SANFL to strive for better
-All amateur footballers will want to be a part of the SANFL comp to take on the pros.

Im bloody really excited!!
yay, a wank-fest
by gazzamagoo
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

*Warning – Gratuitous self indulgent post*
In the beginning there was a god called Graham and he was good, he made football and as a young SA kid I saw it was good.

Sundays result had it’s genesis for me 43 years ago when I first became interested in football as a five year old watching the Bays, after learning I had a cousin of my Dads (Peter Johnston #26) playing for them they were doing well. My first year was a portent of things to come ending with two finals losses and I quickly learnt to my horror we only had won two flags in our history to that point. In 77 I became hooked on them and my hero was Graham Cornes (had blond hair like I did) and would fly for those Marks. He was my childhood footy hero, the person I would dream I was in the backyard taking marks, trying to kick goals between the tank-stand and the cubby house. Despite leaving in Country SA would listen to the radio, watch “The Big Replay” religiously on GTS 4 on a Saturday night, trawl though the Sunday Mail on a Sunday. I remember getting my first Guernsey in 1978 and getting #12 sewn on ASAP. I loved Cornesy but also loved the likes of Hodgy, Peter Carey, Steve Hywood, Snout, Farqhuar, Paul Weston, Holsty, Paech, Whiting, Lihou, Caldwell, Rady, my cousin, McInerney Hercock. The seeds were sewn for a long love affair.

In 1979 my family moved to the back blocks of the NT (mining community) I was devastated I was removed from my Bays. However prior to leaving for the NT I got to go to my first Bays game. Unfortunately it was at Alberton as my Mother, and her parents were Port supporters. My first game was a loss and the natural hatred of Port was already established in the 1977 and 78 finals series it was further ingrained that day. Separation makes the heart grow fonder. Most weeks I had to wait until the Thursday to get the weekend results (my grandparents would send up the cuttings from the weekend papers) occasionally we would get wind of the results via the radio (ABC shortwave) or from interstate papers (usually a day or two behind time – freight). Trips back to Adelaide were highlighted with going to see Glenelg play (1980 beat Centrals and got to go into the Bays rooms for the first time and got autographs), 81 Sturt at Adel oval, Port in 82 another loss at that sh!thole but my love for the Bays was undiminished despite finals losses.

End of 83 we moved to Darwin and more readily access to SANFL results via the local Sunday paper I could sense the bays improving. The disappointment of 1984 was soon matched by the Euphoria of 1985 and 86. However despite the move to a more modern media friendly location, much to my horror the local TV station in Darwin had miscalculated it’s scheduling due to the pre-game entertainment so half way through the last quarter as we are flogging North like the b!tches they are as per the TV guide NTD 8 cuts from the SANFL GF to a repeat of the F***ing Leyland Brothers???? SO as I’m about to see for the first time my club for win the flag I had to make do with the radio broadcast. Not happy Jan. In 86 we weren’t as good but we made the GF. Unfortunately I had a prior commitment camping at with a Venturers activity. So as the Bay Oval was heaving I was sleeping in an upturned HR with gamba grass as a mattress and god knows how many redbacks. Sunday afternoon I saw to my mild surprise and euphoria, the Boys had gone Back to Back! The rest of the 80s were spent following the Bays and watching us lose GFs (yeah I know 89 finished in the Elimination)

I write the above to say how envious I am of you lot who got to live the 80s SANFL footy, arguably it's best era but the also the start of the change to what it is now. My absence made me love it more and is also one of the reasons why I hate Port so much I only had one year back before it all changed and I couldn't experience for only a couple more seasons before the planned entry to the VFL

In 1990 I came to Adelaide for Uni and started as working at the mighty Bays as a trainer as I planned to study Sports Science. There I got to mingle with some of my 80s heros (Symonds, McDermott, Marshall, Salisbury, Duthy, Gibbs and Seebs). But the 90s weren’t good to us as we failed to adapt to the changing landscape of the new footy landscape with the Crows and later Port Power. I loved being involved with the club though and trying to work to make it successful given my studies. At the end of the 90s I moved away again but still watched on from afar as we reached the nadir of the spoons and poor performances of the first part of the naughties but I still was paid up and proud even if we weren’t “Strong and United”

Moving back to SA in 2007 I got to jump on the tail of our upward swing thanks to Rubbers, Mulesy, Cranny, Panozzo, Benny Kane, Grima, Allen and Sherwood. I managed to help out at the club for another nine years but once again we couldn’t deliver when it mattered most despite the talent we had.

Itchy feet and job opportunities meant I moved away again. But even as I left late last year you could sense the change in the performance of the club as we got our first coach since Rubbers. This year with the digital pass, cold beers and a pool I got see a Glenelg side that more often than not could maintain pressure, move the ball efficiently and with dedicated players such as Snook, Proud, Bradley, Curran, Scott, Bailey, Joseph, Nicholson, and Agnew we were winning again, regularly. It was the Port game at Alberton that made me think, “Shit, we could do this!” I’d never seen a Glenelg side execute so much sustained pressure especially when the game was basically won. This emerging confidence was validated when I knew that come September we would be a better side with Scotta and Nicho to come back. Hmm, should I start planning a trip to Adelaide in Sept? Airfares were booked after the West game (top spot confirmed – only needed one win in Sept to make the GF). Accommodation booked after the 2nd Semi (despite the loss you could see we were down by about 10-15% but Port had played to their limit, IMO).

After the Prelim I was nervously excited, the limited footy knowledge I’ve got told me that our destiny was in our hands. We play crap and Port play well we would lose by two goals. We play well and Port play poorly it’s a 10 goal win to us. We both play well we should win by 4 goals. I boarded the flight on Saturday and went straight to the Mall presentations. Spoke to a lot of the boys and became more confident. They were primed, confident that they could win but focussed that they needed to concentrate on their roles and execute.

Got to the game and seats just before the boys ran out. Nervously excited. I new we had to start well given the 2nd Semi result, and we did. At quarter time I thought we could be in for a good day. The 2nd quarter started well but what I liked most at half time was the way we responded to when Port had control of the game we were able to lift our pressure and work rate when challenged and stick to our structures. Something we haven’t always done (2009 Prelim – that other GF). I knew we had to start the 3rd qtr well as Port would be wanting to come out hard in the 3rd as is their mantra for the “premiership qtr”. However Scotta the mad hard bastard delivered. Than some Motlop magic and I started to believe but then Port responded again. Four goals up at ¾ time I was thinking surely we couldn’t lose from here. Up steps Scotta again. The 18 min mark of the last I started hugging my son, the 2s boys I was standing next to by the bench, the Hose, some of the support staff, and then other Glenelg people I knew from my years there. Best of all we were going to win the GF against the club that caused us so much pain over the journey.

Then absolute euphoria. After 43 years I’d finally seen my team, my club, my passion win a flag. Indescribable emotions but lots of tears. I thought of those great GFC people I’d met on the journey who were watching from upstairs. I watched the on-field ceremony then walked around to our race and with my ticket was able to get into the rooms. Whilst the boys were doing the longest lap of honour ever I was hugging the likes, of Hodgy, Mulesy, shaking hands with Super, hugging the long serving support staff getting a few photos. As some of the players came in more hugs with the legends I’d managed to get to know over the journey. Then got to sing the song as the boys and coaches circled up. More hugs and euphoria then back to Dinner Function at the Marion. Down to the Bay by 9:30 and more Man Love™ with the Snouts, catching up with the clubs cultural leader Symo, more hugs with past players, and mates, more beer as the voice started to go. It was all so surreal.

Outside of marriage and kids this was the greatest moment of my life. To beat Port in a GF was a dream come true. It is something I have been dreaming of witnessing for over 40 years. It was done by 21 legends led by Stoney who were un-yielding in their pressure on the ball and the body. Their willingness to do the little things the hard things to achieve victory is unbeaten in the annals of the GFC history, IMO. They were manic and committed. Every-time Port tried to lift to break the game open we would go to another gear. The day was stressful and I never felt confident until the 18 min mark of the fourth but on-reflection the reality is after quarter time we basically had the game won.

Back home and on reflection I am rueing the that I missed the chimney ceremony, I didn’t get to thank Chig for all his hard work and I’m quite liking this feeling of being SANFL Premiers.

I think we should go Back to back I like flags and all the feelings they bring!

Apologies once again for the gratuitous self indulgent post. Over the journey my involvement in and following of the GFC has given me much joy and it has sustained me and kept me up when I've felt down. It has given me more than I could give it.

To say I love the place is an understatement.

Go You Mighty Bays!!

I like this feeling and I think it's only fair and just that we should experience this feeling again in 2020!
by am Bays
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

VALE PARK wrote:Looks like Norwood starting to sign tall forwards?

Hoskin ain't going anywhere.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
DOC wrote:Yep.

He is an assistant/development coach there.

I could be wrong

But he was at CIBO on the Parade.

IF he's gonna coach Centrals, why would he be on The Parade.

It's the hub of football in this town.

Some bloke called Centurion put me onto it.

Legend of a bloke too.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

News from Centrals BandF is that most players remaining for next season including Goodrem and Jenner (who finished 6th in the count).
Jydon Neagle and Brodie Mahoney only confirmed OUTS.
Troy Menzel has signed to go again.
Justin Hoskin did receive an offer from Norwood but is remaining with the Dogs.
Now for some recruits to help out the good bunch of kids coming through.
Sam Milne to return after 12 months overseas.
by northerner
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very interesting stuff, I'm definitely not naming any players but it's interesting to hear some of the players' names that are considering returning to Centrals, some recently left, some a few year's ago.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets get back to business!! Go through every club from top to bottom and look at the players that are departing the SANFL for country footy and $$$$ for the third year in a row, and then look at the ins at clubs. Very few ins and massive outs. Some clubs have grabbed a few disenchanted players from other SANFL clubs but the comp gets weaker by the year. Do yourself a favour and scroll back over the past 3 years and see the decay we call the SANFL.
by Barracker1
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

It appears that the Dogs may be close to nabbing a son of an AFL legend from Wagga, a quick mid who has played ressies at Sydney.
by northerner
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Surely Norwood can use their exemption to everything card and get him off.
by Dogs64
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Verrrrrrrrrry interesting...........................Douglas negotiating to play SANFL but not Norwood or Glenelg.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:
northerner wrote:Izzy McKenzie invited to do pre season with West Coast. 3 month contract could roll over to 12 month rookie contract.

DISAPPOINTING!! :( :evil: :twisted:

I liked your first rant much better
by daysofourlives
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:https://cdfc.com.au/news/experience-invaluable/

Menzel signed

That gives us our 5th quality star at SANFL level... Schiller times two Menzel times two and Hoskin.
Need another couple of top shelf players.
Maybe it comes from within? Presbury or Fort or a youngster such as East or Shaw?
by northerner
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel the salary cap is only a guide and we follow the North and Central Districts model.

>>> Yes that's sarcasm folks, bit of humour before you all melt down <<<

Which League do Central District s play in. The team in the S.A.N.F.L. is called Central District. ;) Hahaha, wrong league I'm talking about the SanFULL

I hate that term, it is still S.A.N.F.L. to me.

I prefer S . A . N . F . L .
by LMA
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Something different:

by DOC
Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

And now .....

consecutive wooden spoons
1878 Kensington (defunct)
1879 Kensington (defunct)
1891 Adelaide (colonial)
1892 Adelaide (colonial)
1893 Adelaide (colonial)
1897 West Adelaide
1898 West Adelaide
1901 Sturt
1902 Sturt
1903 Sturt
1904 West Adelaide
1905 West Adelaide
1906 West Adelaide
1907 Sturt
1908 Sturt
1909 South Adelaide
1910 South Adelaide
1911 South Adelaide
1913 Norwood
1914 Norwood
1915 Norwood
1919 Norwood
1921 Glenelg
1922 Glenelg
1923 Glenelg
1924 Glenelg
1925 Glenelg
1926 South Adelaide
1927 South Adelaide
1928 South Adelaide
1929 South Adelaide
1930 West Torrens
1937 Glenelg
1938 Glenelg
1939 Glenelg
1940 Glenelg
1947 South Adelaide
1948 South Adelaide
1950 South Adelaide
1951 South Adelaide
1962 South Adelaide
1963 South Adelaide
1969 South Adelaide
1970 South Adelaide
1972 West Adelaide
1973 West Adelaide
1974 West Adelaide
1975 West Torrens
1976 West Torrens
1980 Woodville
1981 Woodville
1982 Woodville
1983 Woodville
1984 Woodville
1985 Woodville
1987 South Adelaide
1988 South Adelaide
1989 Sturt
1990 Sturt
1991 Sturt
1992 Sturt
1993 Sturt
1994 Sturt
1995 Sturt
1996 Sturt
2000 Glenelg
2001 Glenelg
2002 Glenelg
2005 West Adelaide
2006 West Adelaide
2007 West Adelaide
2008 West Adelaide
2009 South Adelaide
2010 South Adelaide
2011 Sturt
2012 Sturt
2013 Glenelg
2014 Glenelg

Port Adel, North Adel and Cent Dist have never had consecutive wooden spoons.
by nwdfanparade
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TDJ44 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Zac Milbank suggesting that Boyd will be at another SANFL club

Any chance coming back to Dogs.

Yep, a few suggestions he might be,
by Big Phil
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:Very interesting stuff, I'm definitely not naming any players but it's interesting to hear some of the players' names that are considering returning to Centrals, some recently left, some a few year's ago.

Milne back
Butcher back
Boyd back
Hanna back
that's a good start!
by gazzamagoo
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olsen gone finally

It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.

My skepticism stems from the fact that the job is now clearly seen as a stepping stone to AFL club Administration, as openly celebrated by the CEO and that the previous two holders of the position moved to the Power and Crows respectively, after overseeing what many believe to be more than generous concessions to the two SANFL based AFL Reserve Teams...

Show me someone who puts the SANFL first and doesn’t kowtow to the AFL clubs and I’ll be the first to pat them on the back.
by Hazydog
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have definitely recruited well in numbers but will be interesting to see what sort of quality.

The last two recruits the South bloke and the NTFL Thunder guy have played alot more ressies than league football which doesnt stack up greatly to being a successful SANFL league player.

I'm optimistic but very cautious.
but we really need the depth.

Agree we need depth but more importantly imo we need more league standard players, adding that would naturally add depth

I think our depth is fine... lots of guys who can play a reasonable role at league level.

Our issue is lack of elite players who can significantly impact on a game. Daniel Menzel is one such player, takes us to 5.... still short by two or three.
Menzel, Menzel, Hoskin, Boyd, Schiller, Schiller,
I reckon Presbury will step up now as well, we're getting there.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

14 game season , each SANFL club plays each other twice. Port and Crows can play with themselves.

Home and away finishes last week in August.

Finals (top four) in September.
by DOC
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |