Search found 72 matches

Return

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

What happened to supporting your team through thick and thin ? Who cares who the coach is get in and give your club the support it deserves !
by SDK
Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFooty V2

Can we have a 'mark forums read' link on the 'view unread posts' page by any chance? I head in through that page, ready what I want and mark everything read before next visit.

At the moment I need to click twice to do this and I find that totally unacceptable. Please spend an hour implementing this fix to save me 0.432 seconds per visit.
by smac
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Mythical Creature wrote:
Dissident wrote:And Dal Santo off to the Roos

Bugger. Not sure what we see in him.

Maybe he knows how to play well in the last three minutes of games
by Dissident
Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

Cheers for your knowledgeable opinion and insight into the issue.....
by heater31
Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield - SA v Qld, commencing 30 Oct

Dont think he is as he has played for the Netherlands

He is.

If you qualify to represent an associate ICC member nation via birth or family heritage you are allowed to represent them provided you haven't represented your full member nation at senior level.

There are a few other criteria you must do to represent your associate nation for example help promote and develop cricket in your adopted country.

Coops satisfies this by playing club cricket in the Netherlands during our off season, and playing international matches as well.

He still counts as a local player for SA.
by heater31
Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Maybe if you did know what happened you wouldn't think it was a load of bollocks. West have handled the situation with compassion. Some things are bigger than football.
by cennals05
Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership No's 2014

If I buy by cat/dog a membership I should be allow to take it to the games! FFS

My mate in Melbourne doesn't have a pet but buys a membership for his stuffed wombat.
He receives calls now from the GFC wanting to talk to Otto and sell him some merchandise.
I will be attending the Easter Monday clash at the G again as Otto Wombat! :roll:
by Alaska
Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

SANFLnut wrote: Hard to see us holding down a Top 3 spot next year

Try holding on to some of your finances first.
by The Sleeping Giant
Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JAS

It was about a year ago today that many truly caring, loving people, found out that Jacqueline Ann Schwier (JAS) had passed away.

Despite all the hours of painstaking moderation this Angel gave this site, and others, there are still a few remaining ‘Arseholes’ who should hang their heads in shame.

Those who still love this utterly gorgeous human being will always remember that she only sought to serve, honestly and fairly, just as she had in the ‘Falklands War’. How could anyone treat such a beautiful person so badly? Luckily, there were only a few f**kwits who treated this Angel unfairly. Fortunately, those who chose to ridicule, torture or upset JAS in the year of her death are a pathetic minority, way beyond belief & contempt. Good Aussies, should take a moment to remember this brave and unselfish woman, who, with complete and utter dedication, fought terminal cancer, silently, bravely, and tragically, on her own.

Thank you for just being you JAS.

Good and decent people will always love you and remember you.

I luv you Jax, and always will.
Sabre xox.
by SABRE
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Asked my missus to marry me last night....and she said yes
by HH3
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being told today that I have a full time position as a tradesman when my apprenticeship is completed on February 1st.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cfs volunteers
by BoundaryRider84
Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being able to confirm my wife an I are expecting our first child. Extremely excited!
by valleys07
Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

@valleys07
Prepare yourself for plenty of "don't touch me's", "I'm not even close to being in the mood", "not now, you'll wake the baby" and then there's my personal favourite as she looks in the mirror naked, "YOU F#CKING DID THIS TO ME!!!"

Good luck with that mate :lol:
by Spargo
Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Not sure why anyone would have a go at West about this ... good luck to them.
by dedja
Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

I booked my grand final tickets straight after the game last night.
should be able to get a lift with a crows supporter there.

should be a cracker GF eagles v crows........
by Johno6
Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The kid who in a local cricket game today, got to 37, walked off and said "I finished the 100 for Phil Hughes"
Maybe the youth of today aren't all dickheads
by The Ash Man
Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 stuff

IMHO and it might start people yelling at me but I don't think Steven May should've got anything but then ends up getting 3! :shock:

Tribunal has been pretty good this year. Until now, That decision baffles me. Yes it's unfortunat what happened to Rockcliff (and no one wants to see Players get injured) But it's a contact sport and that was just an unfortunate incident.

Surely Gold Coast appeal that???
by carey
Mon May 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 dribble

Brodlach and Dark Knight, essendon's indigenous jumper is nearly unnoticeable.
Outrage please
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sat May 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The last little one..round 13ish

Frawley dislocated/broken shoulder
by Jim05
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Some highlights from my perspective, you will have to forgive me as I am going to wax lyrical a bit!

Nick Leck, 16 years of age, son of a gun, wearing the number his dad made his own. Would be 50kgs and runs around in the shower to get wet, comes on the ground and smashed a bloke on the wing. Gave a free down the ground, our supporters were a bit miffed with him and Q. gave him a gobful but I loved it. Absolutely loved it. In reality he shouldn't even be playing with his physique and age but in the end was one of the players that won it for us. Loved the Jesus celebrations as well.

Walking into the ground and seeing a familiar figure out the corner of my eye. Thought it couldn't be. The one and only Luke McDonnell caught the red eye from Darwin especially to come and see his twin and football club play in another grand final. Wanted to keep it a surprise for Nat and sure enough he physically lifted after seeing his brother. Was great to see the big galoot and give him a hug.

Simon Stead of Tarth. Amazing game on a very good player. Outsized, out muscled, out-aged. Yet won his position. Houghton put it to a contest time after time and he repelled or halved them all. Was my BOG.

Seeing Scooter (2014 coach) come to the game. Made me smile. Talking tactics in the grandstand like old times. Love the grumpy bugger.

A player who will remain nameless but is very special to me - I had given him a rough time before the finals for a couple of poor performances. To say I dumped the acid on him was an understatement. He is so important for the footy club for so many reasons but his Grand Final and finals series in general were outstanding. After the game seeing him so happy was the thing that made me cry - the prick. Then to hear how he and his Dad hugged for the first time he can remember after the game again made me wonder how football clubs can be such amazing places.

Seeing Ben Weekley kick the sealer. Won Best and Fairest after Best and Fairest. Left the club in 2012 to play Division 1 footy for a year and lo and behold we went and won a flag the same year. I vividly remember being next to Ben after the 2012 GF and seeing the mixed feelings he had. I told him that I promise we will win one for him when he comes back. He came back in 2013 - disaster. 2014 - disaster. He would had to have been thinking it would never happen, even this year. His family ARE Mitchell Park. He is an amazing person and I couldn't be happier for him Meeks, Sahra, Clayton and TBC.

Siren goes, running down the stairs, leaping the fence, and running straight up to Yank Man and giving him the mightiest of hugs. Don't know how but he lifted me up the old fella, must been working out! You've done a power of work this year mate, you shit me and I shit you, but we both know that we're after the same goal. Thank you for everything.

Giving Footy Chick a big hug and introducing her to a couple of fans. Loved it.

Seeing Ringo711 though a crowd of people and locking eyes with him and just having to give him some love. Sounds a bit homoerotic but I couldn't care less. Been a great mentor for me, both personally and football wise this year. A huge get for the football club and when talk around the traps was starting that he might actually play for us, the whole group lifted such was his influence. Is my best and fairest for 2015.

Out of all of that, the indelible image that keeps popping up is one of the Houghton players in the middle of our celebratory huddle. He caught my eye and our players reaction to him was strange and then he turned towards me to shake another players hand and I saw his face...

He was an emotional wreck and was unashamedly crying his eyes out. Seeing him like that snapped me out of the hysteria and whilst a dose of empathy swept over me the overriding emotion I had was one of admiration and respect. Here is a bloke who wanted something so much that when it didn't happen he was overcome - yet he had the strength of character to face it, make his way over and shake the hand of the very people that denied him. People talk about putting your head over the ball and going back with the flight but what that Raider did was raw courage in my opinion. Much respect to you, whoever you were.

Nothing anyone can say on here or anywhere will make it any easier Houghton people. The only thing that will is getting back together. Being there for each other and winning one next year.

Been a swell year people! Loved the D7 banter, we've dominated the forums and been the thread of year.
by morell
Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2: Glenelg v West - Sunday 3 April @ Gliderol Stadium

West will have a slow start to the season due to injuries and I see Glenelg improving this year. Glenelg by 17.

Good test for the Glenelg fans to see if they listen to the clubs call to action.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Brodlach wrote:I hate that horse!

I don't!
by Corona Man
Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Jim05 wrote:Hombsch out with a quad injury tonight now

Hope Clurey comes in not Paul Stewart. If Stewart comes in on Jack= Game over. Tigers win
by carey
Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A sedulous analysis of Round 16

We're back baby!
by Q.
Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olympic Games - Rio 2016 - XXXI Olympiad

Greg Chalmers' lad.

Great stuff
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

MW wrote:Surely club runs out of patience with Motlop and shops him in the off season

Bloody hope so
by Bandit
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

What's the going rate for plumbers?
Call out fee (they're local) plus forty mins work replacing a tap?
by Spargo
Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Can't believe people are saying it's a failure we didn't get Gibbs. They wanted two bloody first rounders!!

The same people would be on here saying the crows got screwed if we paid that.

Agree that as overs, but doesn't mean you couldn't work the deal around to make it attractive to Carlton...to me it sounds like it was never going to happen.
Reid is quoted in today's paper as saying that they never offered any player as part of the deal. So that means it was just pick 13 and nothing else.
by therisingblues
Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:That's why so many people are on benefits

Nope, that's what they want you to think. The level of people in Australia on welfare has fallen significantly over the past decade.
by Q.
Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Dog_ger2 wrote:The Footy Gods.

When they are a sure thing and I have a bet....

say what now?
by bennymacca
Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Will be interesting to see if the Aussies make any changes for the last test. Lyon's finger doesn't look great so he could be doubtful

Would Warner be in danger of being dropped?
by The Dark Knight
Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Who will lose a wicket first, Victoria or India :D
by locky801
Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:No more Game Day Village at Adelaide Oval. :(

Never fear, there's many fine bars inside Adelaide Oval run by fine staff. You might even get the pleasure of being served by myself! :D
by Wedgie
Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round twain

Spargo wrote:Where would they be without Pendlebury?

About 16th
by carey
Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

How long do hawthorn keep going with Gibson?
Seen the hawks a few times this year and he's a deadset liability.
Hardly set the world on fire last year.

Solid defender, if overrated, when they were going well. But he's just filling the space a kid could be playing now.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12

"Leave sloaney alone"

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/FjdEOdPwBdkQpKaIwYvhM6DVIkyKg3rgR7Vl3YQf8imcxfT8Yb1Pblo5mhnX5-NGWUHBLKj7omU8sr5aTC5XE5TdinzrvKymt59rC5XSh4fLC3i5tBYJSEo_EbVXX1y6lK-EMueFfSKEClBr-QxLfSgbuIQUkK99WILKk5-nG59yyYWun0PgZB6IEY4pyU8ZmtbN9QoPYCoDzFk=w320-h240-nc
by woodublieve12
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11

Emerging utility Mason Middleton? Looks like he's pudged up a bit and hasn't stepped up like he should have. The lad should be tearing this comp apart, saw him a fair while back and he has a ridiculous amount of untapped talent. I'd be interested to hear Westies supporters opinions of how he's gone.
by Grenville
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11

Wow, major upsets by the bottom two teams this weekend! I rate Westies win the best though, have North run another side into form. Sturt were struggling before they clobbered us too lol.
Hard to see anything but a Sturt v Eagles GF. Should just play it now.
by Wedgie
Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Mate of mine picked up a dead ringer for Tania Zaetta at the Norwood after-party post GF in 97'.

Didn't get as far as he would have liked though, we (me) still joke about what he missed out on.
by JK
Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 (Boon in Bali)

Yes you can, I've broken bones in the first quarter and continued to ruck for 4 quarters only to realise the next day they were broken when they swelled up. Missed 4 games both times.

Your funny bone doesn't count mate ;)
Sorry, I meant boners, not bones. :lol:

You rucked for 4 quarters with a boner?
That is a fair effort!
by amber_fluid
Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

Watching the replay of the Dee's v Power game this morning, Boak still has it. His game and running was exceptional. Just needs to be a little more selfish as he could have kicked 6 goals. Should play more midfield Thought he was older than 28.

Interesting umpiring

Joe Atley not quite up to it as yet but will be a good player in a couple of years.

Robbie Gray just play the game and stop whining.

Melbourne looked stuffed but somehow hung on, Darwin game might have taken a bit out of them
I agree with most of that - Robbie has every right to complain about delivery yesterday from team mates - it was atrocious. As for no protection from umpires, he should be used to that by now, but he has a fair point, IMO.
by Ruben Carter
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

bennymacca wrote:Hey Morrell can you z score Ryder getting towelled up by sauce today.

Thanks

Apart from the two goals, wouldn't class it as "towelled up"
by The Bedge
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17

I like chicken and asparagus pies.
by Wedgie
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 22

And thanks GWS!
Now watch us capitulate to the Suns tonight
by Jim05
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Brodlach wrote:Agree on Kelly, similar player but about a year behind Lever

Couple of Journos saying he didn't get much more than his last contract
Just gives Kelly enough time to get to that good level and then bugger off back to Victoria

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
by Jase
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Tickets: Dos and don'ts

Ended up getting a ticket!
by OnSong
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Or it might be as simple that an ordinary Victorian team wants to pay way overs and continue to wreck the culture of their club.

If the reported $300k a year difference is correct I for one cannot blame him
Please stop reading/listening to 2nd rate victorian media journalist twitter accounts.

The average wage for an AFL footballer this year was 300k and going up 20% next year.

Our offer was around 650-700k per year which is far from low balling!
by hawks21
Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2017/18

Brodlach wrote:4-0 8) 8)

Got out of jail there, mate
by Spargo
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

bennymacca wrote:A friend just emailed me and said he is at Saltram wines, Bryce Gibbs is there

Yep, his wife's instagram says they are also, so what?
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |