Search found 114 matches

Return

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Panther Pack wrote:Rumour South will be announcing the signing of a key forward and midfielder in the near future!!!!

Will the contracts include out clauses for the Eagles?
by JK
Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DRS Farce

I don't think that helps one bit. They just needed to change the procedure of how it's used. Don't assume no spot means no edge and if the technology proves inconclusive don't take a challenge away.

I think ideally you make all bats have some sort of coating that helps show edges up. They say the tape they use dulls the effect, no doubt there's something you can put there to increase the effect.
by Grahaml
Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:So many changes at each club to come over summer. The sides will be all but unrecognisable next season.
Were Ferguson and Mangan expected to depart Westies?

Throw in Tippett who seems to be a good possibility to get drafted, and the Westies defence is suddenly down to just 14 players
by JK
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New preseason format

I quite like it aswell.

- There is plenty of opportunity for clubs to explore new players and gameplans.
- The AFL's desire to have the game brought to regional areas is fulfilled.
- No meaningless trophy at the end of a meaningless tournament.
- Representative footy is back (ok nothing like the Vics v SA), but the chance to watch (hopefully) the best against the best will be a great way to start the season.
by valleys07
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:
Wedgie wrote:depends on the weights regime/requirement at that club.

Is that the new "code" for meet my pay demands?

Yes, he actually said to the club "How ******* heavy are the brown paper bags and who is putting them in my car?"
by Booney
Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 SANFL GRAND FINAL Norwood v Nth Adelaide

Does the bandwagon hitch on to the back of the plane, like a trailer?
Or do they drive you up into the luggage hold?
by Dogwatcher
Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Your kidding aren't ya? You may as well kill Country Div off now then. And I'm told Uraidla will be ok now fielding their junior sides. Perhaps Lofty should have thought about things 5 or 6 years ago when they went into massive debt purchasing 3 flags. No club in their right mind will allow an 11 team comp.
by Afterthesiren
Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

ha - not bad! :D
by AFLflyer
Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On another note, just heard whispers of a big name appointment as coach of Ironbank for next season...... should be a lot of coverage on Triple M for the Thunderers & will be entertaining for the entire league!
No doubt will bring a lot of coverage to the league .. good appointment by the thunderers :D

Just got wind too. Thought he had a SANFL gig with all the vacancies. Obviously not :shock:

i have my doubts that this could be true. if it is, i ronbank must have more money than sense , cause he wouldnt be cheap and would have to give up his weekend radio work. as i said, sounds a bit far fetched.

Yeah appoint a legend of SA football with AFL experience who has coached in the SANFL and WAFL and has a huge media profile........makes no sense at all :roll: :roll:
by One Club Player
Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Facts are lofty are crap in seniors and finished bottom. Loby were too before last year but as no one wanted to come up from country they where lucky for 3 years straight. Just make relegation and promotion compulsory year in year out and then everyone know the rules. Otherwise make a 14 team league with kersbrook, birdwood , nairne up in central as well and tell the others to amalgamate or go elsewhere. Nothing is going to change as the current board shows no leadership and is dictated to by williams and co at the self interested so called big clubs. 1 or 2 clubs are getting sick of it from what I hear and looking for change. It won't take much unfortunately.
by has been
Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

dedja wrote:I have a media release ready but I'll hold off for now so I don't get a life ban from the club ... :lol:

That sounds official !
Good luck with Glenelg in 2014 coach Dedja !
8)
by SABRE
Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

Would Trevor Hill be likely to get a 2nd chance at the parade?
Norwood fans wouldn't let him back in the venue, I would think?!!
According to rumour, some RSL men really want to bankroll the new members facility at Coopers.
They're also Norwood members and are desperate to get Hilly back for Wednesday night target practice with 303's.
Sorry Topsy, the groundsmen say rifles only, no rocket launchers allowed.
;)
by SABRE
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

MEDIA RELEASE

Dedja set to make his mark at Glenelg

Former Snouts bandwagoner, Dedja, has been appointed to the position as Senior Coach of the Glenelg Football Club for the next three years.

Dedja was appointed by the Glenelg Football Club Board of Directors, following the strong recommendation by the highly credentialed Selection Committee, established to ensure the best possible coach was appointed to steer the club forward.

The selection committee undertook a comprehensive selection process in which Football Director Justin Scripps, Graham Cornes, Peter Carey and President Nick Chigwidden, were unanimous that Dedja was the man to coach the Club in 2014 and beyond, with a focus of recognising and developing our young list and maximizing their potential.

Dedja has SFA accomplishments but the club is broke so thought what the hell.

Dedja's wealth of talking crap at both AFL and SANFL levels, combined with his lack of general knowledge of the game and edumacation gives
the Glenelg Football Club great excitement and positiveness for the immediate and future direction.

This must be a hoax !
:(
Sorry 'Dedj', you're far too honest and way, way over-qualified.
Try the AFL mate !
:-BD
by SABRE
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nathan Bassett

Ian wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Sad for the SANFL

sadder for Essendon supporters, FFS the club had had enough lows in the past year, this takes it too a whole new depth :evil:

Yeah it really sucks winning premierships. 91 LOL.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Adelaide Senior Coach 2014

maxyoz wrote:As a wise man once said, we don't just accept mediocrity at Glenelg, we embrace it.

You certainly do but you will always be the top of the class in the wife swapping stakes !!
by Trent Plucktrum
Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite Norwood Player

29. Michael Taylor
14. Garry Mcintosh
29. Michael Taylor
8. Michael Aish
29. Michael Taylor
7. Kieth Thomas
29. Michael Taylor
44. Tom Warhurst

Did I mention Michael Taylor? Absolute Champion.
by Moe
Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2013

the wonder elephant wrote:
Hefty wrote:
Banker wrote:
dee man wrote:the top eight again will be mostly dictated by a uneven draw

Are there any other professional sporting leagues in the world with an uneven draw?

EPL - play every team twice H & A

How is that uneven :?

'cause the teams with no money have to play the teams with money twice.
by The Sleeping Giant
Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

Wedgie wrote:Only appealing thing about Darwin is its proximity to Asia. Absolutely nothing else going for it IMHO.
And its only appealing feature wasn't a real asset in World War 2 either. :lol:

And here I was thinking you were only interested in beer and loose women.
by The Sleeping Giant
Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield - SA v Qld, commencing 30 Oct

lifeLES pitch
zzzzzzzzzzz
by mal
Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Biggest bunch of whingers ITT

The world will not implode when the crows reserves come in.

Similarly, Adelaide Crowval is pretty cringeworthy but it's just a bit of marketing fun they picked up from twitter, they aren't about to go around and call it that in every press conference.

I think once next season gets underway people will wonder what all the fuss was about
by bennymacca
Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Whats wrong with the points system now? Persoanlly i dont know too much about it and some tinkering may improve it slightly but what i do know is the the GSFL last season was probably one of the most even it has been for a long long long time with injury lists seemingly deciding matches quite often.
by jackpot jim
Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has Sturt merged with Port?
The Sturt Magpies has a good ring to it
by Jim05
Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What I am saying is these rules should be changed and put in place for this coming season . Mt loftys relegation is a result of last seasons rules not this coming seasons rules.
by always there
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is the start of the new season. It started the day after the GF. Leaving these issues until after the next calendar year is too late . If you're on a committee you would know this & if you are on a committee & haven't started planning for next year you are way behind.

NO KIDDING - PERHAPS PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SORTED OUT LAST YEAR

OH WAIT THIS HAPPENED WHEN BIRDWOOD WERE FORCED DOWN AND ALL THE CLUBS GOT TO VOTE ON IT THEN

ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND WE GO - SAME SHIT EVERY COUPLE OF YEARS......................
So it should never be discussed again then if it was voted on 4 years ago. Excellent coz the capping issue was voted on this year so we won't have to hear that sh!t talked about again. That is definitely an issue that goes round & round.

It only goes round and round because it is allowed to by dealing with it late when people are emotional and with an air of elitism.

Of course some issues are continuous and need constant attention. But this is bandaid stuff. Constant attention should be applied rationally, not reactionary.

Everyone knew the state of play round 1 2013.

Now that is doesn't suit some people, we are asked to quickly change to rules.

Just plain arrogant and ignorant.
by Armytank
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division V 2013

Rik E Boy wrote:
Squids wrote:My premiership celebrations are still going :)

I sense a massive premiership hangover coming up in Division IV. ;)

regards,

REB

Thanks for your vote of support.

REGARDS,

SQUIDS DIV 5 CHAMP
by Squids
Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2013

WRONG AGAIN ROWEY YA MUPPETT
by Squids
Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2013

Koch ... all piss and wind, looks like a Kock now.

Alan Richardson now officially coach.

Koch was never really blocking it, just getting St Kilda to now foot the bill associated with finding a replacement. Good move.
I liked the bit where he complained about having to pay for another clubs incompetence. Luckily no one has ever paid for Port being incompetent.
by smac
Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Failed Creation wrote:Ellen's dancing on her show gives me the shits.

I don't know what purpose it serves, and I don't know why the crowd get so into it. She's a really shitty dancer.

the real issue is why you are watching Ellen??? :shock: :shock:
by mighty_tiger_79
Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Only reason she has her own show is because he is a rug muncher, has no actual talent.
by Squids
Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mallee FL

Is Darren hare also a done deal at peake?? I've heard a fella from noarlunga also heading that way and a couple guys from Div 2, team unknown ??

Yep ... $ammy has been busy and picked up a few more quality players to add to Rigney, Phillips and Baker. Expect to be in the hunt next year. The last time $ammy went two years without a flag, a tsunami was predicted off the Bay.
by The Dictator
Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Hopefully we can crush the sheep shaggers and keep up the pressure on the top sides
by Jim05
Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Massive fail HFL :evil:

I don't agree with everyone bagging Mt Lofty for trying to stay up, but seriously the HFL Board has handled this terribly. Why go through the theatrics of last week if you were going to reject them anyway. Will they explain what new information came up in the last week.

It seems there are definitely two sets of rules in the HFL. We all know what will happen next year if they want to come up again and it's IB, TV or Shanty in the gun.
by One Club Player
Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armytank wrote:I can't say I am surprised by this.

It bloody well stinks and shows that all clubs are not equal in the eyes of the board.

Bloody hell, what a weak bunch of pricks

HFL will start being compared to the SFL with decisions like this. Poor form
by bar20
Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL players drafted in 2013

dedja wrote:So have we worked out who's dick's bigger yet? B-(

I'm nominating Phar Lap. I think they have it stuffed in the national museum.
by therisingblues
Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Botham summed up the first test pretty well:

"Welcome to Australia. And guess what, there's no red carpet for you to walk on, unless it comes courtesy of blood from a cricket ball," Botham wrote in the Daily Mirror.

"There are some things that never change about coming to this country and I think the current crop have been given a brutal reminder of what it takes to be successful.

Courage and bravery are two traits that are a must here, as well as fight, skill, patience and aggression."

He described England's performance as "ordinary, verging on embarrassing" and added the inability to score more than 200 in either innings was "failure on an epic scale".
by JK
Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

scoob wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Root to bat at 3 I guess

He's a dud

See the sign in the crowd at the 'Gabba?

"If you're a bad COOK
and a dud ROOT
your BROAD is going to CHEAT on you"

:D
by Booney
Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milang too, unless they get colts and head to Central div

Thanks for the mention FD. We haven't been factored into this discussion thus far. Colts for us are not envisaged in the next 2 years as our aim is to live within our means and field a side of locals or nearby who play for the jumper. When we have enough kids we will expand. Until then we would hope there is a place for a club which actually represents grassroots footy.
by Hear the roar
Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

What you guys seem to be missing is what is best for the players, not what is best for your selfish attitudes, or the selfish attitudes of the sanfl clubs for that matter.

I would rather see any centrals player playing the highest level, or giving themselves the greatest chance of personal development.

So for younger players that means playing in the AFL environment year round - I think it's a no brainier that this is a good thing for them.

For someone like nutta, opportunity to captain as well as development and coaching roles make it a no brainier for him too. So good luck to him I reckon

I think what has everyone up in arms is that for the first time the paradigm shift that happened 22 years ago is finally codified - the SANFL is primarily a breeding ground for AFL players. I, for one, don't think this is a bad thing, and I don't think it diminishes the importance or the integrity of the league either. It's just different. Once the season is underway I think it will be business as usual, save for the inevitable "OMG the crows reserves are top/bottom"

You're right. Players are much less selfish than fans. Yeah, nah....fan loyalty is the only loyalty left in the game.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:He gets to spend each night parked in a pretty decent garage though

Just remember these wise words :

It doesn't matter how hot she is, son. Someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.
by Booney
Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not to mention the regular servicing from a top class mechanic =P~
by Spargo
Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He gets to spend each night parked in a pretty decent garage though
by RustyCage
Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milang too, unless they get colts and head to Central div

Thanks for the mention FD. We haven't been factored into this discussion thus far. Colts for us are not envisaged in the next 2 years as our aim is to live within our means and field a side of locals or nearby who play for the jumper. When we have enough kids we will expand. Until then we would hope there is a place for a club which actually represents grassroots footy.
Did you guys get a vote ?

Yes as far as I know Milang did get a vote and so they should. Probably the only club that stays out of the firing line and gets on with playing footy.
by Kickittometoo
Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

Although I haven't seen that much of Head but that's what happens when you get married.

regards,

REB

Saw him for the first time the other week. Looks to score quickly and dominate, probably plays a few loose strokes still. Looks like the sort of guy that once he is on top will score really big. (Short term nervousness in the 90s notwithstanding)
by bennymacca
Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2013

Now if only they bring Stephen Dank over...
by Squids
Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Hopefully get to see Mal give lyon some advice during this weeks net sessions

The only advice mal could offer Lyon is to not look up too high in the sky as the ball sails over the fence.

The roof of mals mouth is still sunburnt...... ;)
by Booney
Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Jim05 wrote:Liverpop whacked 3-1 by Hull.
Fulham have sacked Martin Jol

8)
by woodublieve12
Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |