Search found 253 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

unavailable for 10.15 games Beefy so ill be stuck to only drinking beer at the Kennel in 2014..

I dont follow the best players in the Sunday Mail Carey, I was merely a ploy to try and get a bite
by human_torpedo
Tue May 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who would want to play in a game like that? The article was a pump up of BOS when it really should have been focussed on the otherside of the coin, the AV situation. It wasnt a case of 21 v 21 that a side gets blown away through talent, it was a comprimised game, I'd hardly even want that sort of game to stand as a record, 15 v 9 or 12 is hardly a div 6 A grade game
by human_torpedo
Wed May 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All your points have been valid (ish), but they are based around the fact of growth development areas etc. Facts are, last year you had 3 sides, 1 of which played finals, the other missed out by %, both now dont exist. You dont see a mass exodus like that at a club with a vibrant and positive club environment. Im not having a crack at ya, but gee whiz Morell, surely the club has to shoulder some burden of blame here..

Using Rosewater as an example, in 2012 we finished with 1 win as a club, which was the last game played for the year.. Now, they have a C grade for the first time in 10 years, and more junior sides than they've had in years as well. All this in an area that has Portland less than a KM up the road, Port District a further 2km down said road, North Haven another km down the road, and SMOSH West Lakes only a 5 minute drive away..

I know you'll say that Rosewater pay players rar rar rar, but the fact is the B and C grade have majority of new players who dont get paid but have come to the club in the last season or 2, and they stay because of the environment..
by human_torpedo
Fri May 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Eagles v Sturt @ M.Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 22

The blonde cop, didnt play a massive role, but was fairly easy on the eye I must say, definitely the highlight of the day for this Eagles supporter
by human_torpedo
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Umpires getting too much air time here. Its div 6R, no matter what any of you say, they are volunteers. Just like we play in the 'Amateur' League. Move on and let them do there job and if you dont like the level of umpiring at div 6R, then get a kick and play div 6, but I think you'll find they dont improve all that much.. Having said that I am probably the worst culprit for it, so its a real case of do as I say, not as I do..

Congrats Carey, here's hoping she gets her mothers looks! Ha ;)
by human_torpedo
Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Solid whack there Boosh, I like it
by human_torpedo
Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

We found last yeat in our games against Harvey that pressure around his supply from up field was the key to stopping him.. The first game our pressure all over teh ground was intense and he only kicked 1 which was from a down field free.. The second game was an abortion and he, along with everyone else wearing the CLG strip, had a field day.. I dont think im giving away too many secrets cos when on song Harvey is as good a player as you'll see around these grades
by human_torpedo
Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will Schar's absence be just the tonic for Daniel Thomas to regain his mojo as the lead ruck at Rosies? Big wraps on him, especially his tap work, hopefully he can give the mids first use.. Handy grunt added back to the mdifield for Rosies tomorrow as well

is he a brother of tyson?

Nah, unlike Tyson, Daniel has no Samoan heritage in him at all.. No relation
by human_torpedo
Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aside from the Bain explosion, 1 week suspension for abusive language is hardly anything to crucify a club for.. The fact 1 bloke has stained the whole image of the club trying there utmost to change it is a shame.. So Jetters, ship off back to div 3 and get off CU's case
by human_torpedo
Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 15 - Eagles v Adelaide, Sun Aug 3 @ MTH Oval, Woodvil

Could well be right, which if that was the case depletes the Crows defence even more..
by human_torpedo
Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is there any games of footy this weekend or are we going to stay down memory lane for another day?
by human_torpedo
Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still dont care Morell
by human_torpedo
Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So had IF won in the B grade qualifying final and get a home final against Rosewater in the B grade who finished top would this be an issue?

The way its ended up, one of the sides had to be split up, it happens every year
by human_torpedo
Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sums up CU mind set doesnt it Piglet, taking pot shots at a club whos active in the second week of the finals while they sit on SAAFL sanctions and another year of irrelevance in div 6.. You cant teach an Old Dog New Tricks which is why they will always be a battling club
by human_torpedo
Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bloke won best and fairest awards in both his years at the club, so there probably is players who could play in his role, but they wouldnt be as good
by human_torpedo
Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're right Arch, it was a good game to watch. Free flowing style, but finishing in front of goal was lacking on both sides but the tricky wind didnt help that.. Massive crowd, pretty much the only game in the Western suburbs so fair few neutrals there id say..

Easily the most over umpired final ive seen, but it went both ways, so I dont think it influenced the result..

Rosies potent forward line will prove a handful next week for BOS, I havent seen BOS this year but have heard good things, so it should be a cracking game of the best side and a side in serious form..
by human_torpedo
Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A perfect topic for the C4 thread
by human_torpedo
Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big day for the Kennel tomorrow, I saw what we did to the joint when we won our first and only game in the new clubrooms in 2012, and the B grade didnt get within 12 goals of a win that year, so i shudder to think what a premiership double would be celebrated like..

I think Bradman and the boys get the job done in the twos by 30-40, just a side playing with extreme confidence and although a lack of footy in recent weeks may halt there momentum, I think they still win comfortably

The A grade should be a belting game, the best team in the comp playing the form team of the finals and both sides would give themselves a massive sniff, and rightly so. Match winners through out each side. I think BOS have the edge by less than 2 goals, but my heart says Rosies by 10 points, should be a cracker!
by human_torpedo
Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the memo where it says "bravado" was a pre requisite to comment on here, given some of the cry baby stuff I have read over the last week.. With the exception of a few most of you having a whinge come from clubs that either haven't won anything, got beaten by us when we were winning or won't ever win anything. All of you come from clubs that have payed players in the past or still do so get off your high horses and fix your own patches of grass and let the footy do the talking.

1. Not all clubs pay players, you got spanked twice by a side last year that doesnt pay players
2. "Let the footy do the talking" maybe you blokes should have done that, rather than taking the easy option and piking it down the grades. You would have won more games in divvy 3 ironically, at least Kilburn were there..
3. Having said that, I personally dont have grievances with clubs paying players, its just clubs that cant sustain it yet continue to do it that irks me
by human_torpedo
Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who cares if Mawsons played old blokes in the C grade, not the first and wont be the last to do so.. They won the flag in C4, let them enjoy it..

West Croydon would have to be the team to beat this year, barring any major loss of players
by human_torpedo
Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Excuse my ignorance, but who is the new entity going to be? Since it was a "re-branding" as far as I can tell, then its not a splitting of 2 merged clubs, is Mawson Lakes FC going to be the new entity est 2015? or is SPOSFC going to be?

It seems strange if SPOSFC join as a seperate club from Mawson Lakes, essentially starting fresh, but then they just go "oh, and yeh we will have the history of the club that is now Mawson Lakes".. Or, will Mawsons take the history from when they were re-branded, and SPOSFC before that? Its seems very messy and somewhat unnecessary IMO
by human_torpedo
Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Storm in a tea cup by the sounds of things.. Made for brilliant viewing on facebook for the neutral though I must say
by human_torpedo
Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The prodigal son returning to SPOSFC, wouldnt that make for a fairytale season.. Hes in as good a nick as he has ever been Horse, wouldnt put it past him to still run ragged in Div 6. Perfect leader to have around a club finding its feet as well
by human_torpedo
Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Supporters invaded in the ground? Haha what they couldnt tell the 7 people there to get off the ground so they could play the extra over? Wasnt it a bowl off anyway instead of the super over?
by human_torpedo
Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with ya TC, I persoanlly dont think it would have made a difference, and had Fulham been happy to play on for points then our boys would have. But the rules are rules, and we have to abide by them and accept our error. I have played in many games where the deck is lively one week and flat as a tack the next, obviously it was the same deck used, with such varying conditions, even exact preparation methods can produce differing results, so im of the view that a forfeit is a harsh outcome, but again, its not like its a new rule that we were unaware of..
by human_torpedo
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Work together with the school? Heck why didnt we think about that before? Its the Gawler River campus (the B grade home ground) that we have had the issues at, The Waldeck where the A grade play has had no issues.. Its an on going issue that we are dealing with, but we are lucky to have such good facilities at 2 campuses that allow us to play cricket each weekend, so all we can do is make the school aware of it and move on. Unfortunately we dont have an abundance of spare grounds that we can utilise. We are working on a stronger working relationship with the school and we hope that an issue like this doesnt cost us in the future. Luckily for the B grade it shouldnt affect their season too much
by human_torpedo
Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure the lads were that keen to spend a day in the field for no points on offer. I think fulham would've been happy to get the game handed to them on a platter.. In a game it happened last year I didnt notice until after tea on the second day but we had already lost that game on the first day so it wouldnt have mattered. Personally I dont think its a big deal if you play on different decks from week to week, the conditions change that much through the week its basically a fresh deck anyway.. The District Saturday/Sunday games would be the only time it mattered IMO. But those are the rules and we must cop the fall out
by human_torpedo
Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope they are gaining permission from each club they beat to pop champagne at their ground, hate too see a retrospective fine be issued for bringing alcohol to an away ground without permission..
by human_torpedo
Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ashby will genuinely tear div 6 a new place to poo from
by human_torpedo
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd be pretty upset if I got out as the Hat Trick ball to Furnell as well.. I'd be looking for any excuse under the sun! Few holes in the match report if he wins the toss and fields on a scorching day.. Doesnt make much sense really?
by human_torpedo
Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Odds SANFL 2015

Get over it mate

Eagles looking in good shape, but still wouldnt have them on the second line of betting with Norwood. Norwood would have to be faves, Adelaide Reserves are no sniff at all, they should be bottom 3.. Sturt are looking alright and I think they are overs on that market
by human_torpedo
Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will change again within a week would be my bet

BUT, im not dead against a BYE.. I know some clubs dont like it, loss of revenue rar rar rar, but I dont mind having an extra 2 weeks off during the season to freshen the boys up, it comes down to timing of the BYE though I will admit that, sometimes its just a pain and you lose momentum
by human_torpedo
Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Morell, just give up mate. Despite the fact I (surprisingly) agree with alot of what you have said, its like bare knuckle punching the great wall of China, you can try your damned hardest, but you have slim to no chance of getting through..

Think div 7 have a year of pain ahead, and lets hope the clubs who have only 1 side can manufacture growth and re-enter div 7 with 2 sides, thus allowing Marbles his super C grade division
by human_torpedo
Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Oh geez, please dont tell me my Marbles rant has awoken Morell.. Heck

I unreservedly apologise to the SAFooty community if this is the case
by human_torpedo
Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Howton will be formidable for you lot this year Morell
by human_torpedo
Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of our players thought that ICC in this case stood for 'International Cricket Council' and expected better of them when we were discussing the matter last night.. Genuine fact! Nothing to do with this topic really I just got a good laugh from it
by human_torpedo
Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Nichdanmatt wrote:PARAHILLS LOOK TO BE FLYING UNDER THE RADAR AT THE MOMENT,REALLY GOOD INS,SEAN BUSS FROM GLENUNGA WILL BE A MASSIVE ADDITION.

Inside voice please mate, no need to shout
by human_torpedo
Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brahma Lodge v Ingle Farm - Contrasting off seasons from all reports, going with BL to taste victory for the first time since 2013
Fitzroy v Mawson Lakes - Both have lost a few if you believe the hype, only going with the Roys because they had more to start off with
Lockleys v West Croydon - Havent heard much from WC, but that can often be a good thing. They will be right up there again this season IMO, although Lockleys will be competitive with their new coach on board, not enough to beat WC
Central United v Trinity - Tough trip first up for the returning TOSSERS, think they will have enough firepower against a young and improving Units side

Come on mate there's a tipping thread for these! LOL ;)

Ah yep my bad mate! Apologies for filling the topic thread with conversation relevant to the division folks

Ill get back on topic, how about Brahma Lodge hey! Cant believe they are in div 6, they should be in div 3, totally not fair
by human_torpedo
Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Regardless of the result, you shake and acknowledge the opposition coach after the game, just as the players do..

Quick shout out to Central United, who admitted they have sacrificed talent on field to develop the right culture and are trying to change the culture and reputation of the club. Only speaking for the B grade, but didnt hear any issues from the A grade anyway, but my lads all came off the ground saying that was the best spirit they had played against Central United, with not one incident, and they were positive amongst each other all day, regardless of the scoreboard. A young playing group but certainly heading in the right direction in terms of behaviour..

The coach shook my hand and we had a couple of beers after the game, and his side lost by more than BL did..

Lockleys a bit of an upset over WC.. Z the great has his club flying nicely under the radar, until now ;)
by human_torpedo
Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally crossed paths with the "Hidden one" Zedman on Saturday and caught up with Ranks and the Gruber brothers. Good people. Paul ( I think that was his name) the Bgrade coach seems like a good bloke too. Cheers for the carton after the game too that will be something that will be returned by our club later in the season.

A very nice gesture indeed! I had a near on revolt after the game because I didnt provide my own players with a carton! The first major mistake of my coachign career, ill learn to delegate better from now on..
by human_torpedo
Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For the life of me can't work out why these clubs keep taking these guys back, they go from club to club around the port and surrounds. Rosewater's a grade on weekend 5 out of 22 from prelim final 18 months ago.massive turnover of players and clubs just don't seem to think ahead.they think short term success is the key to good club. most coaches think of themselves and their own success. They know they have small window of opportunity for a premiership and will accept all and pay whatever they think is needed.the clubs may still be there in years to come but the floaters that come and go are the reason clubs like Kilburn Brahma Lodge Rosewater West Croydon Mitchell Park Salisbury West etc good 1 year and bad for next 3. the floaters dont care as they move on again and don't actually care how the clubs are left. Until the clubs have some balls and address these problems they will continue in the same manner and only a matter of time until some clubs are gone. Kilburn were very close salisbury west have gone close wingfield gone. frustrates the hell out of me that these clubs keep going over same mistakes continually and don't learn.

and why do coaches still continue to put guys in the paper as best when they have played minimal game time and clearly not in the best? do they think other clubs don't know who the good players are in each side these days?

and feel sorry for the guys who have to hear the usual bullsh*t coachs say " if you do the preseason you'll get picked and the guys that don't won't start, this year we have the numbers so they can't just turn up when they want" but yet round 1 have guys who train 1 and "float" in from other clubs picked in higher grades and ones that hardly missed don't get game - and no I'm not a player, just can't stand bullsh*t

Agree with a lot of the stuff you bought up, but lets face it, coaches will spruik about training etc, but its happened for years now and always will continue to happen unless your club is in an extraordinary position to be able to leave top calibre players out due to lack of training.. Which generally wont be the case in the lower divisions..

I see your point about non sustainable environments with players chasing the coin with no loyalty, but find it odd that you throw Rosewater in that category. Yes, the player payments are probably excessive for div 5, but what sets them apart from the other 4 clubs you mentioned is that they have worked hard to build up the junior sides to have 5 i believe now, if not 6, where the other 4 clubs dont have juniors, so will rely on 'floaters' to stick around, and when they dont, they go under.. 17 players out of the side from 2013 prelim, how many of them have left to go to other clubs? I think you'll find very few if any have moved on to another club, simply have moved down the grades or retired from the game..

We have juniors mate. Only 3 sides (I think) and there is a lot of hard work that does goes in to them.

Yeh apologies mate, TBH I wasnt even factoring West Croydon into my discussion, I had Sal West, Kilburn, Brahma, Wingfield in mind when I mentioned the 4 clubs.. I should have been clearer
by human_torpedo
Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Eagles v Norwood Sunday 2.10

Surely Sammy Martyn showed his worth on Sunday. His run and carry, along with Batley is vital for an Eagles side who have been often criticised in the past for lacking pace.. Petrenko was super on the weekend, his run and strength at the contest took the attention off Boyd and gave him free reign to do as he does best, accumulate the ball at will.. Good too see the Eagles kick a winning score without Ainger or Wundke contributing too much on the scoreboard. Like Goldsworthys ball use off half back, left foot is a cannon.. Thompson is a massive in for that defence as well, is a top line defender at SANFL level
by human_torpedo
Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Central v Eagles @ Playford Alive (Sat 25/4)

Mondays are always better when the Eagles win because the usual Eagles fans who seem to live to berate Goddsy and the playing group are no where to be seen.. Its refreshing
by human_torpedo
Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Super pumped for my boy Hughy Johnson-Schroeder leading the ruck in the team of the week, super effort from a hard working bloke, even if his club doesnt recognise his efforts im glad someone finally has!
by human_torpedo
Fri May 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

According to a Bos b grader his injury was caused be rossies head hunting the whole game. Was there any of that going on sprint?

This has got Ryan Medhurst written all over it Mr.Beefy.

Reeks of Medhurst, spot on Boosh! Johnson-Schroeder has been unfairly pigeon holed as a thug through out his career, I doubt it would be him
by human_torpedo
Wed May 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think all games this weekend are interesting in their own way..

ML v BL. Brahma on the up, Mawsons have played patches of good footy, Brahma should win but no certainty

Fitzroy v CU. Fitzroy ravaged by injury, CU could sniff an upset

Smitty v WC. 2 sides who run hard forward, very damaging sides, who wins control of the footy in the middle probably wins this

Trinity v IF. Zartan's boy Cotter on fire with 17 from 3 games, im sure they will put a lot of time into him, but can he be stopped in this form? Both sides need the win so should be a cracker.. Also a chance that Fraser back in, and we know what that means for Trinity thus far this season..
LOL

not sure that's worth a capital letter lol but thanks anyway

Soz, you wrote pretty much the exact same thing as I did at the same time.

Ahhhh, gotchya! Great minds think alike they say mate!
by human_torpedo
Thu May 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A. Cotter with a Lockleys logo.. Say it isn't so!
by human_torpedo
Thu May 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 things I need to point out. McKinnon didn't play last week and Cooper doesn't play half back.

That says it all really.. They picked a bloke in the team of the week who didn't even play? The positions they pick them in can have some room for error, i'll accept that.. But seriously picking a bloke who didn't even play? Give me a spell

FWIW Arch, Coops wouldn't do the worst job off a half back flank though IMO
by human_torpedo
Fri May 22, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy to get the win, but sometimes (all the time) I take more out of how we played than the result.. All the boys said after the game that if you didn't know the score through out the game then you wouldn't have said we won by 10 goals, felt a lot more even out there than that
by human_torpedo
Mon May 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trinity's good luck charm Brodie Fraser made it 4 from 4 this year on the week end.. Brahma will surely be putting some time into nullifying his effect on the game this coming week end
by human_torpedo
Tue May 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |