Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Going to be one of those guys are ya LaughingKookaburra? :roll:
by human_torpedo
Thu May 28, 2015 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd say we will be on Waldeck which is the usual oval that we play on, hoping the lower oval was a once off for the season.. Fingers crossed anyway Z
by human_torpedo
Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Diknbones wrote:didn't rain during the Brahma/Tos reserves game..

No, no it didn't.. Weather didn't influence the result one bit
by human_torpedo
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

How the **** do you hide Varcoe? He was the biggest signing before a ball had even been bounced and every coach would have mentally noted to pay him some attention.

And I would suggest all coaches would flick through the SP team selections to see if he is playing. He was the catalyst in Angle Vales defeat on us. I was more impressed by his leadership and discipline. The team looks up to him and rightly so from what I saw just that once. Rate him.

On Ruckman, they don't win you too many games , sure you need one but back to Adel Uni again, they don't have what I consider a front ruck, so they would have had a ball last week as they did against us, because they are the best at setting up to crumb off the best rucks. Didn't see AU and Houghton play but just how I perceived it happening. Tommy won 70% of our hitouts and AU won 60% of the clearances. Yes we still have a lot of work to do to combat that but they run 8 plus through their middle and it's hard to get a handle on.

Interesting thought.. Im of the belief that anyone who says ruckman don't win you too many games haven't had a good one in their side.. IMO a quality ruckman at any level will make as a big a difference as any other position on the ground.. Again, only my opinion
by human_torpedo
Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zedman is proving with every response that he belongs at the top level, cliché after cliché, love ya work mate!
by human_torpedo
Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Kicked 6 on debut for the Eagles yet you still harp on every week
by human_torpedo
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Teusner back for TOS.. Good luck Div 6 Defenders!
by human_torpedo
Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ramrod wrote:You know what they say..... Small hands, Small...... You can finish off that sentence

Gloves?
by human_torpedo
Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon we blew the siren 90 seconds early against CU the other week because a player was down hurt and needed attention and would have taken up the rest of the time anyway, so common sense prevailed and we just ended it, but we were 100 points up at half time, how disrespectful would it have been had I walked over to them and asked if they wanted to wrap it up then cos it was a foregone conclusion? Blow outs are part of footy, play until the final siren
by human_torpedo
Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DISCLAIMER

Holden78's views are his only and do not represent those of the Eagles supporters as a whole
by human_torpedo
Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seriously massive round coming up this week, all games have a big bearing on ladder positions, as well as the much anticipated 1 v 2, with Lockleys in serious form of late and Smithfield continually churning out massive wins.. IF v Fitzroy will go a long way to deciding 5th.. TOS need to win to maintain 3rd and ML need to get out of 9th.. CU win could give them breathing space from 9th and BL could be thrown right into the battle for 9th with a loss..
by human_torpedo
Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: West v Eagles - Saturday @ Richmond

Pumped to see Sammy Rowland getting a league crack.. Legend of a lad who deserves his chance..
by human_torpedo
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Most interesting round of the season coming up and we are talking about rugby freaking union..

Give me a spell
by human_torpedo
Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was just warming to him as well
by human_torpedo
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MatteeG wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:If Ramrod was a H&A character, he'd be Tug, I reckon.

Certainly gives something a tug...

Cant bowl there to this guy! despatches the half volley on leg over mid wicket for 4!!
by human_torpedo
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Astounding numbers for 2 teamed clubs..
At one point we had over 20 players unavailable for various reasons.

Was more directed at the Mitchell Park and Flinders Uni who have come from 1 side each last year to 73 and 81 different players in 2 grades, that's a great sign for both those clubs when you consider the position they were in last year..
by human_torpedo
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The cold snap is the perfect time to play at Mawsons, who have no electricity at the ground tomorrow, hence no hot showers..
by human_torpedo
Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quite ironic after the fuss they kicked up for having to walk 100m to use the away facilities at our home game earlier this year.. Id walk 100m to shower after a 12 degree day with 15-20mm rain forecast..
I fail to see the irony in that ;)

Cant wait to kick up the similar stink/spray that I copped from a few Mawsons trainers because they had to walk 100m to our away change rooms.. Because you know, its the B grade coaches decision to have the facilities where they are
by human_torpedo
Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Oh, is that the WAAAAAMBULANCE I hear?

try playing in 8c weather with Antarctic winds like we did in Hobart last Thursday and then start bitching. ;)

Any hot water available at the ground?
by human_torpedo
Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Its pretty concerning if a club will FOLD if they cant pay players more than $54k a year plus travel plus incentives for best players, plus a Marquee player.. Surely they can still attract enough players to fill a side, as well as locals.. Sure the QUALITY will be down, but I find it hard to fathom that a club will fold if its an even playing field, yet they can compete when its a free for all.. Is it genuinely that clubs will fold that are kicking up a stink or is it powerhouse clubs kicking up a stink that they cant rule the roost over the smaller clubs? That's a genuine question not a statement on my part, FWIW I think the Salary Cap is a good idea if implemented correctly, but it will take time, it wont be a quick fix like they are hoping..
by human_torpedo
Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Wouldn't the country leagues no longer be affiliated with SANFL clubs if they broke away? Would that mean none of the kids from any of those leagues will be eligible to play in the SANFL? Or am I reading that wrong? If clubs broke away and played under there own rules from the "Fantasy Football League" as Oyster puts it, would that mean no one affiliated can play SANFL footy, and in terms have no chance of playing AFL because there club didn't want to adhere to a salary cap? Again, if im wrong here please tell me. Im just curious as to what would happen to clubs who don't adhere to the cap implementation
by human_torpedo
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has had a pin and 6 screws inserted to hold it aligned, on the mend now. Not ideal for a father to a new born who had just started a new job last week.. We wish him all the best and will do our best to support him through the recovery
by human_torpedo
Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah, only because performing, or even playing in the game, is rarely a pre-requisite to make that side.. ;)
by human_torpedo
Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And do you really think the Brahma reserves umpire is going to let that happen? :lol:
No comment :lol:

So we aren't the only ones who had issues with him then?

Side note Zartan, I thought your umpire was one of the better ones we have had in the B grade, boys all said how much better the game is knowing both umpires were good and paid both ways.. So hats off to his performance on the weekend
by human_torpedo
Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just winding you up mate
by human_torpedo
Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yank Man wrote:
morell wrote:I heard an itty bitty whisper that in all likelihood D6 will have more than 10 teams next year.

And Mitchell Park will definately NOT be in SFL. :D

Im not sure the SFL thread is quite ready for Morell yet ;)
by human_torpedo
Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Judging by what West Croydon did to Ingle Farm on the weekend, I have genuine fears for what they will do to Brahma this week.. Could get ugly
by human_torpedo
Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

And if they were good enough they would have established themselves in the ones by now..
by human_torpedo
Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

If it means they can attract players and build into a strong club it could be worth the short term pain? Real strong junior base, so no issue with long term viability, just strength in senior grades the issue currently. Surely another club in the league wouldn't be a bad thing for a league of this size with 1 club on its knees..

No idea what they plan re Netball, that's out of my scope
by human_torpedo
Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

enjoyed catching up with the human torpedo on saturday..loves a drink and chat..we had to kick him out at 6.30 before he started taking notes on our best players.. :)

as the minor round ends i would like to thank all the clubs for their hospitality at away games..something they should be very proud of..now only 5 teams remain..very much looking forward to the finals this week..

Hats off to Lockleys in all facets Saturday. Clearly too good on field, but also excelled off it with the hospitality and welcoming of opposition into the clubrooms being first class, certainly a platform that all clubs would be striving for..

Good luck to all sides in finals this week, exciting time to be involved in footy.. 3 genuine contenders in the A grade being Smithfield, Lockleys and WC, on any day any of those sides can knock each other off, Lockleys are my tip for ultimate glory. In the B grade, its a race of 4 IMO. Smithfield clearly the team to beat after only losing 1 game all year, Brahma and Trinity just behind them, with Brahma having the edge with 2 wins already this year over TOS.. Lockleys lurking quietly, have the experience of having been to the big dance the last 2 years, and have pushed the top 3 in the second half of the year.. Obviously need to get past Ingle Farm first but I think they could be the smokey this finals series if things click for them
by human_torpedo
Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: is your club losing revenue

It certainly is the 18-23 age demographic that has seen a decline in after match award presentations.. Its a culture shift, I know that when I was that age, all we wanted to do was get around the footy club and have a few beers before town, now young lads go to pre drinks at there own houses and post pre-town selfies on facebook rather than attend the club.. Its sickening.. Im not convinced Sportingpulse is the reason for this, especially because most results aren't published until about 6pm anyway, sometimes earlier, but if you're refreshing Sportingpulse to check to see if you are going back to the club then I have my doubts whether they are the type of people who will take your club forward anyway
by human_torpedo
Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All I can say is had we been given the option to play last week or have the BYE, I'd take the BYE.. Only due to carrying niggling injuries and then alleviating the chance of picking up more injuries in what was essentially a dead rubber.. Obviously if ladder positions were genuinely up for grabs then its a non issue, but last weeks game really didn't do much for either TOS or Lockleys, as both sides had an eye on this week and just trying to get everyone through with no further injury concerns..
by human_torpedo
Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: is your club losing revenue

Hasn't this deteriorated..
by human_torpedo
Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Genuinely enjoying these crispy little drive bys here test
by human_torpedo
Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL FINALS WEEK 2 (DRAFT)

tell me the time and where to bring my boots and I'm there 10:15 in Noarlunga.. good luck, make sure you car pool and take your best 4 players with you ;) 8) :lol:

Within reason I would expect that the SAAFL wouldn't program a game further south then Flinders Park? maps.google.com.au will tell me when to leave my house and like most Saturdays I would load the wife in the vehicle and off we go.

Perhaps i have been around BLFC long enough and have been through enough lows to make the chance to play in finals all the more valuable. Usually at this time of year I'm looking at the weather report to see if its worth heading off to the beach house or up to the farm and not worrying about where I will be playing football.

Geez mate, that sounds horrible!
by human_torpedo
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

test wrote:Norsworthy will be top 3

Carey will surely poll most for Wallaroo
by human_torpedo
Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Club Best and Fairests

I gotta say I do find it a touch odd that clubs have done their B and F.

I thought an end of year Gala Night celebrating the winners of all trophies, awards, recognising life members and incorporating sponsors, volunteers and key club personell would have been the norm. We have an end of year event with "responsible" 4 hour drinks package and it is normally a cracking night not to be missed.

We have even done it in our club but ended up having to put MBK and a very angry little man on a pool table as we ran out of room and they were late. The club made a packet that night as you can also throw in your obligatory silent auction, door prizes, raffles and games.

I thin you'll find the clubs will still do that sort of night, just the actual count is done previous so those sort of nights don't drag on too much. I think it works both ways tbh
by human_torpedo
Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
carey wrote:
Smitty by 23 points and Lodge by 52 points

That is all.

Haters gonna hate... That is all

#farmers
#StickThatUpYourFatArse

Got the margin of the Smithfield v Trinity game close at least..
by human_torpedo
Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You blokes are really asking for a Carey baking!

BUT, I am proud of my lads efforts thus far in the finals, and all season in fact.. Will appreciate the week off after a couple of tough finals, but really looking forward to a fortnights time..

Zedman and his lads proved that they were the measuring stick as I thought they were. So well set up defensively and then launch forward from there! Zartan the mastermind, got his lads playing good footy at the right time of the year, clearly just sticking it up those who wrote them off (me)..

The A grade will be a belter on Saturday, will be attacking footy from both sides, West Croydons top end talent is as good as anyones, and Smithfield will be keen to makes amends, they wont be keen to drop 2 games at home in a row.. In the B grade, winning form is good form, and Ingle have that in spades, knocking 2 sides out already, could well make that 3 this weekend, but Smithfield will be firing and raring to go.. but are beatable 8)

Will be great viewing
by human_torpedo
Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Which given my technique in cricket is very out of character!

Nah all seriousness, disregard what that guy says hes not a part of Trinity
by human_torpedo
Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bloodhound wrote:Sumner (WC) won it on 27 votes, from Paton & Drage (both LFC) on 15.

And Sam Peters from TOS also on 15.. Congrats to Sumner, well deserved
by human_torpedo
Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: lower grade association medals

Accurate summation. Not sure what the Mitchell Park coach was watching but anyway, Houghton are switched on!

Nah don't mind it

And throw it back to the clubs FC, split divs 1/2, 3/4, 5/6/7. Only issue is what you do with div 8 and C divisions, could become a bit of a nightmare trying to fill those nights, ill leave that one up to you
by human_torpedo
Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:In the B grade, its a race of 4 IMO.

Then there were 2...

You're next ;)

You're welcome for the motivation mate! Well played today, look forward to Saturday!
by human_torpedo
Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

Of all the complaints I have heard in my time, I never thought having to go to AO instead of AAMI would be one..
by human_torpedo
Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Don't think it matters if both grades are still playing?
by human_torpedo
Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carey and Norsworthy would be top end of Wallaroo's playing list so they would surely be losses if they left?
by human_torpedo
Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Mate when I bite separate threads need to be created.

Factually correct statement
by human_torpedo
Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There was also no mention of 'handsome' either ;) .. I must say I literally had no correspondence from anyone about presentations as I didnt want to know about it because we were focussed on the game, but no one from our club knew anything about it.. All is well the cup and flag are safe and sound and we finally have a reason to build a trophy cabinet
by human_torpedo
Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will do.

Cheers for the hospitality on the day, very well organised and great set up you have. We were all quite jealous
by human_torpedo
Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Hmmmmmmm....I hope we're not going to go down the same "oh no, that doesn't count as a payment" palaver like very other single time this has been discussed

You estimated they'd have 21 paid players:

3x star players on $300/game - $16k
8x good-uns on $200/game - $28k
10x role players on $50/game - $9k

It just would not happen at this level.

Can tell you for fact that a div 5 club pays everyone that plays A grade in each game.. If you weren't contracted you received $40 as a match payment for playing.. I would be shocked if more didnt either tbh
by human_torpedo
Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |