Search found more than 1118 matches

Return

Re: 2015 Ashes

Jim05 wrote:Watson LBW second over ffs!
Reckon he was a bit stiff though

Nah f**k him. Watson LBW is just a free wicket to the Poms with Broad bowling stump to stump to him.

My finger was straight up!
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 and we're into the home stretch

Brodlach wrote:Look at Richmond sideways and they get a free.

I just don't understand the AFL sometimes
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For f**k sake Dave, you f**king idiot. Why did you just throw it away like that?! Stupid, stupid batting
by The Dark Knight
Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like Warney and Vaughan said noodle the bastard around for some of the four easiest runs an over u will ever get in day 1 of a test match, if 10 an overs not enough wtf more do they want

I'm so angry right now, ffs if all of us had a billionth of the talent Warner had we would never throw our test wicket away like that

It was just so ******* obvious what Ali was trying to do, even the first ball he bowled while it was a rank full toss it was everything u needed to know Ali was going to and had the confidence to toss them up, lots of flight and draw some a false shot

I'm still shaking my head
That's really f**ked me off too mate. He had at least a 50 there for the taking. I understand going after Ali but that was just too hard! Pure stupidity, they showed him reacting to his dismissal swinging his bat aggressively at the ground. If your pissed off then why did you play that shot in the air?!
by The Dark Knight
Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like Warney and Vaughan said noodle the bastard around for some of the four easiest runs an over u will ever get in day 1 of a test match, if 10 an overs not enough wtf more do they want

I'm so angry right now, ffs if all of us had a billionth of the talent Warner had we would never throw our test wicket away like that

It was just so ******* obvious what Ali was trying to do, even the first ball he bowled while it was a rank full toss it was everything u needed to know Ali was going to and had the confidence to toss them up, lots of flight and draw some a false shot

I'm still shaking my head
That's really f**ked me off too mate. He had at least a 50 there for the taking. I understand going after Ali but that was just too hard! Pure stupidity, they showed him reacting to his dismissal swinging his bat aggressively at the ground. If your pissed off then why did you play that shot in the air?!

especially after already taking 10 off him.
Yep! Just needed to settle down and see the over out.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tubby talking absolute rubbish lol.

Well batted Smudge!

16 runs needed by Johnson to get to 2000 test runs. And six needed for Nevill for a half century, good start to his test career
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:wow that was close. Fair to give that out imo.

Great innings by smith

It hit him outside the line though haha!
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Get a wicket FFS

Just did, Stokes chopped on Marsh

Yes! I come on here and bang there we go :)
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MJ_23 wrote:Its no surprises Neville looked better than Haddin with the gloves, there is a reason for that. He is better!

Balance gone and wouldn't be surprised if Lyth goes soon too. Both rubbish

Like Ballance, from an Australian point of view you want Lyth in the team lol.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Song Tag

Iron Maiden- Run to the Hills
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nirvana- Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle
by The Dark Knight
Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:#bringbackwatto

#no
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Nevill gone, pity the top order didnt show a bit of guts like he and Starc have

Top 3 is the least of our worries, 4/5/6 are really poor

They just showed the batting stats of 4, 5, 6 and 7.

4, 5 and 6 have all averaged under 20 for the series so far, that's just f**king shithouse.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well England win by 8 wickets.

FFS
Yep, the players should be embarassed by that pea hearted effort. Hopefully Boof gives them a massive serve and changes it up for Trent Bridge
Yeah hopefully we can bounce back, we just have to have hope. Obviously more is needed from the f**king middle order, ffs they pissed me off. This is more embarrassing than the first test defeat.

We're definitely good enough to win the next two tests and the Ashes, just need to pull our f**king fingers out.

Really enjoying the development of Nevill, being very conventional I feel very confident watching him bat unlike Haddin, who is preparing to throw it away at anytime searching for quick runs. Glovework has been pretty easy on the eye and he doesn't look out of place in the side.

While he was scratchy it was good to see Warner go out, back himself and play his natural game in the second innings even though we were in deep shit.

It was also good to see Starc make some runs, he can bat! But his bowling was very poor and erratic in this test. Lyon bowling well and so is Mitch. Hazelwood down but not too bad.

The bowlers aren't the issue at the moment, time for the batsman to stand up in these next two tests, show some some f**king ticker, work hard and retain these Ashes!

Well done England, obviously showing more ticker than us. Interesting that Ian Bell while in a huge formslump is promoted to number three then scores some runs, shows he is a good player and probably their most dangerous Batsman now. Anderson injured is a huge blow!! Great for Australia, he killed us and was the matchwinner in this test.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Well done to Kilburns B grade yesterday. Was told it was their first win in three years. Not intending this to be disrespectful but they have a very classy midfield (including ruckman) to not have won a game in D4R until Saturday! Hope they celebrated well and had a good night.
Again not to be disrespectful- a mate and I actually agreed with each other that for a side that has been struggling massively they do have a decent midfield.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

HH3 wrote:I like this weather

Brings everyone down to your skill level ;)
by The Dark Knight
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Big Tony in Adelaide today as this is part of his reconnect with SA program. Basically the Liberals are seriously in danger of losing safe seats in SA as the economy struggles and unemployment heads North.

That a been said there was some good news today. it wont take off until 2018 but my word did we need it. Although I still feel for yhe ASC guys at the moment as he next few years will still be tough but at least a form of ship building has a future on SA. At least we have an industry that will hang on in SA for sometime yet.

If we can get a decent chunk of the subs work maybe just maybe a few jobs can come on in.
Some real encouraging and positive news, can't wait to get to work tomorrow and hear more about it.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Foo Fighters- Alone + Easy Target
by The Dark Knight
Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd love for Rogers to play on past this series and play in the Australian summer.

Harris is a huge loss and it's time for Haddin to retire, I don't want Watson to play test cricket again but he still has plenty to offer in ODI cricket and would still have him in the coloured clothing.

We can all agree Shaun Marsh is simply not up to it while I think his brother has alot to offer IMO, lots of potential and will get better with the more test cricket he plays. I think Voges should remain in the squad and get another crack against Bangladesh and New Zealand. I want Joe Burns to be given more opportunity in the side this summer

Siddle won't get back into the XI unless there is an injury too Johnson, Starc or Hazelwood. I think picking Ahmed in the squad was right but age isn't on his side and he won't play unless Lyon is unavailable. I see Stephen O'Keefe as a longer term second spin option behind Nathan Lyon.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting article but f**k I hate Craddock, he's a f**king flog of the highest order. How about you go and play international cricket before we really listen to what you have to say
by The Dark Knight
Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Round 17b

And great goal Milera! Glenelg go bang bang awesome stuff
by The Dark Knight
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Round 17b

Port win by a point in a thriller
by The Dark Knight
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Equation

Div 4

Alot of changes could happen by the end of this round but the only certain thing is Glenunga is getting relegated.

All North Haven need to do is win at Hope Valley and they will sew up top spot. Lose and id say they will finish 2nd.

Salisbury will be hoping Hope valley can knock of North Haven cos then all Salisbury need to do is win at Kenilworth they will take first by having superior percentage. But lose and id say the worse they would slip down to would be third.

The big double chance showdown is between Eastern Park and Kilburn. Eastern Park just need to win and they will lock in 3rd and Kilburn finish 4th. If its the other way round and results fall Kilburns way eg Salisbury losing then Kilburn will finish 2nd. If Salisbury win and Kilburn win then 3rd awaits.

And to top it all off its an elimination final come early between Westminster and Pooraka. Its simple winner claims 5th and loser goes drowns there sorrows.
My lighthearted assessment of Div 4- It doesn't matter where the top 4 finish, Westminster will beat Pooraka tomorrow, secure 5th spot and will go onto to win the flag, guaranteed!
by The Dark Knight
Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I'm just happy WOS didn't finsh 5th again haha otherwise the Top 4 would of been f**ked :-P Thank you and well done to Pooraka.

Looking forward to next week at Kilburn!
by The Dark Knight
Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tigerpie wrote:
Jase wrote:Healy is a cheating, arrogant muppet... cannot stand the idiot...

Apparently (according to himself) he never made a mistake... twat...

When/how did he cheat?

by The Dark Knight
Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Winners - Kilburn and Salisbury in A's, Salisbury and Hope Valley in B's.

Next week at North Haven- NH vs Salisbury and NH vs Hope Valley for a place in the GF.

Hopefully NH don't worry about the 2 losses today. In front in both games with a minute left and didn't get the job done. No excuses.[emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep no excuses, not good enough today. Words can't describe how bitterly disappointed I am at the moment, it's hard to take. The positive is we're still in it and it's another day at the office next week. It's crucial all 44 of us players show some character and bounce back.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

That fact that there was daylight at 6am this morning through to 6pm this evening. Love it
by The Dark Knight
Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pearl Jam- Hail Hail
by The Dark Knight
Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Going to see Straight Outta Compton tonight. I have high hopes, hopefully it does justice to the worlds most dangerous group.

Yes. Going sometime next week. Let me know the outcome
Well I loved it, 2 and a half hours long and it had me consumed the whole time. It certainly done N.W.A justice as it's really, really well written and acted. They nailed the clothing too which is awesome. It's exciting, eye opening, funny and sad all at the same time. A huge thumbs up from me!

And on the theme of Straight Outta Compton/N.W.A, on ebay they've got Los Angeles Raiders Snapbacks for $140!! Apparently they're authentic N.W.A snapbacks lol, obviously trying to cash in on them while the movies out.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reel Big Fish- Everyone Else is an Asshole
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to see Straight Outta Compton tonight. I have high hopes, hopefully it does justice to the worlds most dangerous group.

Yes. Going sometime next week. Let me know the outcome
Well I loved it, 2 and a half hours long and it had me consumed the whole time. It certainly done N.W.A justice as it's really, really well written and acted. They nailed the clothing too which is awesome. It's exciting, eye opening, funny and sad all at the same time. A huge thumbs up from me!

And on the theme of Straight Outta Compton/N.W.A, on ebay they've got Los Angeles Raiders Snapbacks for $140!! Apparently they're authentic N.W.A snapbacks lol, obviously trying to cash in on them while the movies out.
I just got back from seeing Straight Outta Compton .

**** me, it was incredible!

I'm not a real fan of rap/hip-hop, but I don't think you have to be to enjoy this movie.

The 2 1/2 hours didn't drag on at all.

8.5/10 for mine.
They are/were musical geniuses from such a rough life especially Cube with writing all his own lyrics that describes the world he lived in and Dre with his creativity and ear for music. With one album they influenced and changed music forever, the majority of mainstream Hip-Hop artists today exist because of them.

Like Nirvana they could of been so much more.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They are/were musical geniuses from such a rough life especially Cube with writing all his own lyrics that describes the world he lived in and Dre with his creativity and ear for music. With one album they influenced and changed music forever, the majority of mainstream Hip-Hop artists today exist because of them.

Like Nirvana they could of been so much more.

I don't know about Nirvana; some bands are/were best making a huge impact, then burning out quickly. Look at the Sex Pistols.

Who knows, maybe if Kurt hadn't died, Nirvana may have made some mediocre, middle-of-the-road albums, and diluted their influence. We've seen it happen with R.E.M.

I do agree with what you're saying for the most part though. One album (or song) can inspire a movement or generational shift, and through history, we've seen it.

Look at bands/artists like Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Sex Pistols, Kraftwerk, Gary Numan, Nirvana et al.

I don't know if there's been a band/artist capable of doing that in the last 20 years.
Nirvana was the first group that sprung to my mind but least you get what I'm saying :)
by The Dark Knight
Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow. That was unbelievable, Kilburn come from nowhere and win in a thriller.

by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Is there something wrong with the quote function on the forum or are people increasingly bad at using it? Thread after thread of unreadable posts due to posts ending with /quote] and not knowing where the new and old posts are

the forum software only allows a certain amount of quotes to be embedded. people need to go and delete the parts of the post that they arent directly referencing
Some people on here ain't that smart Benny.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 All Australian Squad

bennymacca wrote:"team balance" is also the reason they gave for not picking natanui too.

That is just f**king dumb. If you want team balance then you pick TWO Ruckman!
by The Dark Knight
Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Club Best and Fairests

Old_mate21 wrote:Has anyone heard of someone being ineligible for a B and F?

This year we had a guy in our D grade not win the B and F because he didn't pay his fees. Our Footy Director decided it at our medal count and everyone there agreed and respected the decision. Therefore the award went to second place.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 3 - Preliminary final week

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Bruce loves the hawks
It's just unbearable

Terrible isn't it, he definitely cracks a chub over them.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mother Love Bone- Crown of Thorns
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Zartan wrote:Nathan Pederson
Jeb Stubberfield
Dylan Lockwood
Vessali
Todd Culley
Reece Johnstone
Jarrad McLeod

Probably expect to see Brett McPherson back as well..

I wouldn't call Dylan Lockwood a notable pick up, just a club slut.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nirvana- Big Cheese
by The Dark Knight
Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Characters of SAFooty

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
the big bang wrote:Shrek?

Didn't really like Shrek to be honest.....just seemed to get on my nerves a tad....

He's back on here now.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nirvana- Where Did You Sleep Last Night
by The Dark Knight
Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sex Pistols- Holidays in the Sun
by The Dark Knight
Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

There's Dylan Lewis.....prior to selling out.
Also, there's Green Day... prior to selling out.

****, Green Day is a watered-down version of the band I loved as a teen.

Do you Green Day fans listen to Pinhead Gunpowder, Billie Joe and Jason White's other band?

To me, this is what Green Day would've sounded like if they hadn't sold out.
Oh yeah very much so. GD since American Idiot (or Warning really) have just been a MOR rock band. Two totally different bands.

I've got all of PG CD's and too thought of it as the 'real' GD. I especially love Goodbye Ellston Avenue which came out in between Insomniac & Nimrod and also the Carry The Banner EP is great too. Love the combo vocals.

I got the PG best of album Kick Over The Traces Japanese import version which comes with a full live show from 2008 for dirt cheap :)
American Idiot is just shit, I hate it. Got just a couple of good songs that I like on it like St Jimmy but still it just doesn't feel the same as their older stuff. Warning is just meh with again just a couple of real decent songs I like on it.

Green Day did well and truly sell out.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nirvana- About a Girl
by The Dark Knight
Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Beatles- You've got to Hide Your Love Away
by The Dark Knight
Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pink Floyd- Have a Cigar
by The Dark Knight
Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

System of a Down- War
by The Dark Knight
Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |