Search found more than 1119 matches

Return

Re: C Grade 2019

Elizabeth A & B grade at Heccies in QF yet the C grade who finish 2nd and in the same QF are at North Haven who finished 3rd.....so Heccies finish 5th and get a home EF WTF!! With the way the league structures things our D grade have been kissed on the d!ck there, I initially thought we would of hosted the Adelaide Uni v Plympton C3 Elimination final since we play Plympton in the B grade to make up the triple header.

Great for the club to get the triple header this weekend, if Saturday was anything to go by the A grade game will be a cracker, a round 18 rematch which was the best A grade game I've watched this season.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Division 3 Tipping Competition

Round 18 Leaderboard
Amber Fluid 9 for the round/ 113 total
The Dark Knight 8/104
Mighty Hounds 9/100
Carey 9/99
Lightning McQueen 0 (No tips entered)/ 99
Bluedemon 10 (perfect score!)/ 98
Armchair Expert 7/95

Congratulations to Amber Fluid for winning the 2019 Division 3 tipping competition! Thanks to all that participated in the competition, appreciate it.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

2019 All Australian team-
B- Tom Stewart, Harris Andrews, Dylan Grimes
HB- Bachar Houli, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn
C-Marcus Bontempelli, Patrick Cripps, Tim Kelly
HF- Patrick Dangerfield, Jeremy Cameron, Michael Walters
F- Jack Darling, Tom Hawkins, Charlie Cameron
I- Scott Pendlebury, Elliot Yeo, Max Gawn, Jack McCrae
No ruck division... innovative Another quality contribution to a thread from you, why don't you go back to creeping on girls in your workplace and reporting it on here like an immature little boy.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

2019 All Australian team-
B- Tom Stewart, Harris Andrews, Dylan Grimes
HB- Bachar Houli, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn
C-Marcus Bontempelli, Patrick Cripps, Tim Kelly
HF- Patrick Dangerfield, Jeremy Cameron, Michael Walters
F- Jack Darling, Tom Hawkins, Charlie Cameron
I- Scott Pendlebury, Elliot Yeo, Max Gawn, Jack McCrae
No ruck division... innovative Another quality contribution to a thread from you, why don't you go back to creeping on girls in your workplace and reporting it on here like an immature little boy.
Jeez I was joking, just forgot the winky face thing. Dont try and backtrack, joke or not you being a constant smart arse who contributes nothing but crap to some decent conversations on here annoys me and it's about time someone called you out on your degrading and derogatory posts about a female in your workplace. I can't believe you have got away with it for this long, if she knew what you posted about her you wouldn't have job there anymore. Have some respect for others in the workplace, especially women.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Armchair expert wrote:Mitch Marsh will replace Wade

You heard it here first
Just watched the Trevor Hohns presser and the way he was talking they're definitely considering him. F**king hope it doesn't happen, really don't want him in the team.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stokes bowling absolute trash, 10 overs for 58.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

woodublieve12 wrote:One of the free monthly games on psn is Batman: Arkham Knight. Is it worth a crack?
Free! Absolutely it is worth a crack.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We did it!!!!!!!
After 18 years and 4 unsuccessful attempts we did it. **** all the negativity that people consistently and constantly dish out at our team and players, I am one very proud Australia cricket supporter, couldn't be happier.

Now to win the series.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2019

Flinders Park won the B grade GF
7.7.49 to 4.8.32
by The Dark Knight
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Last day of work for me today before heading to Europe for just over 4 weeks.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Would love to be an opener hitting runs early in the shield this year.

Will Khawaja get a chance to open for NSW and try and rejuvenate his test career.
Pfft waste of time, you know Warner has a spot locked, and smart money would be on Bancroft returning for the Aussie Summer.

Yeah Warner could be a lock and then it will come down to the opener hitting the most runs you would think.

Renshaw, Bancroft, Harris, Weatherald would have to give themselves a shout at very least. Surely Burns will be in the mix aswell? At least I hope he will be.

One thing is for sure there is plenty of options that could potentially make up the top 6 this summer-
The openers that you mentioned plus Burns,
And middle order players Smith, Labuschagne, Khawaja, Head, Wade, Patterson, S. Marsh, Handscomb, Pucovski just to start with plus others that may surprise us. At least there's some depth there now.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great post, congrats Valleys, enjoy it!!
by The Dark Knight
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Visiting Lord's today, an absolute boyhood dream to get the opportunity to visit the home of cricket. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the game, the stats and the history of cricket. An hour and half tour does not do it justice but wow it was amazing to see the ground, the longroom, the dressing rooms and the honor boards. Was nice to talk cricket with a few of the other people on the tour from around the world and the tour guide was impressed with my cricket knowledge after answering his questions aswell as asking him alot too. My missus referred to me as the annoying kid in school that keeps asking questions haha.

Even saw Warnie drive past our tour group as he was coming into the ground and gave us a wave as we shouted out as he drove past.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Good news today with Pennywise announcing their Australian tour to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of Straight Ahead, coming to Adelaide Feb 14th. One of my favourite albums!
by The Dark Knight
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mykonos, beautiful place!
Leaving today to go Santorini
by The Dark Knight
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

Men in Black International, pure trash.

Took my lad to see that one. I'd file it under meh more than worst. Given I loved the original 2 (didn't like the third as much) and the nostalgia surrounding them it leads you to watch MIB International to see what it brings to the MIB universe and I thought it was just a cash grabbing pile of crap.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One day comp back on now, NSW playing Tasmania. Warner out early for 4.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Chris Lynn makes me laugh, I think he made himself look silly tonight after expressing his disappointment after not being selected for Australia.

On Tuesday Lynn expressed his disappointment at the lack of communication between him and the selectors over not being selected in T20 sqaud and fair enough. For Trevor Hohns to say in a press conference when the sqaud to face Sri Lanka was picked that he didn't even know if Lynn was in the country or not is piss poor and very, very unprofessional. When I watched the presser I thought straight away that is a cringeworthy comment and has to be some backlash of it, how does Hohns not know where the all players are before that press conference and the sqaud announcement? How do cricketers in and around the top level not have consist communication with the selectors? I remember John Holland complaining about this before. I'm no fan of Chris Lynn but this just reaks of incompetence. Trevor Hohns also makes me laugh, I don't think there's more insufferable person in Australian cricket.

Anyway for Chris Lynn to come out and say that makes people stand up and take notice and after that you'd think it is time for Lynn to let his bat do the talking and make some runs to show the selectors what they'll miss out on. Getting knocked over for 3 off 7 deliveries tonight doesn't help him whatsoever and IMO makes him look silly. Also goes to show the selectors probably made the right choice.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 rounds of Sheffield Shield before the first test against Pakistan so still plenty of opportunity for batsman to put there hand up but at the moment I think the 2 favourites to take those to remaining spots in your 11 is Marcus Harris to partner Warner at the top and Shaun Marsh to slide into the number 5 spot.
Well currently, after 2 of 4 qualifying games we have the following options.

OPENERS:
Maddinson 298 @ 99.33 (could have jumped a couple rungs on the ladder)
Harris 193 @ 64.33 (stats seem better than what I thought, would have to be pretty safe one would think)
Warner 141 @ 47 (redundant though as he is picked already regardless)
Hughes 136 @ 45.33 (gaining credence)
Burns 126 @ 31.5 (slipping away)
Bancroft 46 @ 15.33 (goodbye son)
Renshaw 73 @ 18.25 (see Burns, poor blokes play at the Gabba too often though on juicy decks)

MIDDLE ORDER:
Labrat 225 @ 75 (locked for 3 or 5)
Smith 129 @ 32.25 (first picked, full stop, locked in at 4)
S.Marsh 308 @ 102.66 (likely front runner now, can bat anywhere between 1 & 5 to add to his chances)
Cooper 353 @ 176.5 (not sure if he'd be allowed for starters, no chance regardless)
Andrews 200 @ 66.66 (there's more chance of sprouting wings and being able to fly)
Pucovski 189 @ 63 (his youth gains huge appeal)
Stoinis 174 @ 58 (they do seem to love him, and has the all-rounder status)
Carey 151 @ 50.33 (not soley as a batsman, the 1st dig of the Qld match showed he's not mature enough yet)
Henriques 136 @ 45.33 (are they hell-bent on an all-rounder to replace Mitch Marsh? One would think not but hey?)
Maxwell 101 @ 33.66 (one would think is test career is finished)
Wade 100 @ 33.33 (scored runs at the right time, done enough to retain his spot one would think, scored a ton last test, locked for 5 or 6)
Head 63 @ 21 (horribly out of form, unlucky to be dropped but hasn't responded, needs to score big against a full strength NSW to have any chance)
Khawaja 27 @ 6.25 (scores of 1,24,2 & 0 don't warrant recall, has copped a couple of howlers and all innings' have been at the GABBA, games at the G and Hobart are critical, still very little chance)
Good summary mate.

I deliberately ignore Maddinson.
Hopefully Wade keeps his spot at 6 after scoring a 100 in the last test match but like we saw with Burns and Pattinson a century in your most recent test match doesn't mean alot.
Pucovski doing all the right things so far and they should be looking at him you would think.
Head and Kahwaja are no chance at the moment.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Lutheran worst ive had to use. One grog bog away from being temporarily uninhabitable.

It's being knocked down and they'll have new facilities in the next year or two Wow really? Well overdue.

PAOC need to engage their advocate. The grog bog strategy isn’t working
I still can't fathom how PAOC aren't allowed to upgrade their Park 9 facilities. I don't care who they are, it's 2019 FFS and sporting clubs all across the city have clubrooms in need of renovations/refurbishment and all clubs should have the right to upgrade if they can to bring their club up to standard.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:Hohns is a ******* moron
As I've said previously, he's insufferable.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I proposed to my girlfriend yesterday and she said yes!
by The Dark Knight
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I proposed to my girlfriend yesterday and she said yes!
Congratulations TDK & TDD.

Come on, you know you wanna tell us, how did you do it? We went to her favourite Winery (and dream wedding venue) Barristers Block for lunch yesterday and before we left we went for a walk around the place and I stopped her and popped the question. I would of done it at the table we ate at in the nice front garden area but I had to wait and do it in a secluded area as she has said she didn't want to be proposed to a in public area where people can see it lol.

Love the cricket references haha! She certainly doesn't love the game but doesn't hate it, she doesn't mind T20 so likes going to the Big Bash. I don't care if she likes or hates it, it's a passion of mine (like footy, video games and movies) and as long as she accepts my passions then that's all I can ask for. Her family is a football family, her parents and grandparents are/were heavily involved with Greenacres Football Club so she has grown up with a family that has a huge sporting passion/interest so understands how I feel about the game and my beloved club.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The new star wars game is out next week... Looks amazing... Anyone else going to get it? Yep I'll be getting it, need a new game to play and Fallen Order will probably keep me going until near to the release date of The Last of Us 2. Really looking forward to seeing how Fallen Order goes, I'm expecting big things. I enjoyed the Force Unleashed but it was a flawed game, hoping the combat and force powers in Fallen Order will be similar to the Force Unleased but better.

Good week for Star Wars as the new tv series The Mandalorian premiered on Tuesday and it was very good! Bought it today and played a little bit, it's very good, as good as I expected so far. I was a bit worried it might not live up to the hype but I'm hooked already. I feel as though gameplay, combat, action and especially the platforming is very similar to the Uncharted series but Star Wars themed obviously. It's got familiar bits from the movies dotted through the opening levels. Definetely recommend if you're a Star Wars fan.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

I went the The Smith Street Band at Thebarton Theatre on Saturday night. After the band cancelled their tour earlier this year, Saturday night made up for it and it was great to see them again, was an awesome gig with a great crowd.

From what I read and heard frontman Wil Wagner went through a real bad time in his life earlier this year causing the band to cancel their initial tour. His music and lyrics spoke to me 2 years ago when I got really got into them just as I was abandoned by someone I trusted leaving me quite in a lonely and unsure place just as I was really starting out my adult life and everything he sung about sort of tied in with how I felt about life, family, friends and especially women in that point in time.
It was awesome to see him back where he does his best work, playing his music for us adoring fans. He is an amazing Australian musician.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

whufc wrote:India about to defeat Bangladesh

When was the last time India won a test in India without a spinner getting a wicket.
Never, it was the first time it's ever happened.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rain won’t save them
They don't deserve to have it save them, if you can't make runs on this road you are a joke.
It now looks like a different pitch with Pakistan batting and that comes down to the line and length the bowlers have executed. You look at Warner's wagon wheel, not many runs scored in the V/down the ground and that gives the indication as to how Pakistan bowled, he feasted on anything short and wide. Irrespective of the conditions now our quicks are bowling a decent line and length and really putting the pressure on Pakistan, some on their shot selections have been very poor aswell which obviously doesn't help them. People can say it's a road, Warners a flat track bully, blah blah blah but with Pakistan finishing the day a 6/96 goes to show it isn't a road and if the bowlers put the ball in the right areas for long enough they will get results. You look at the game 24 hours ago and Pakistan had a deep backward point for Warner, what sort of fielding position is that in a test match? And Yasir and Iftikhar were bowling for far too long during last nights night session where it should of been Afridi and Abbas bowling as much as possible under lights.

Shah went for 6.16 an over FFS, figures of 32 overs 0/197 and Musa went for 5.7 an over aswell, they are disgraceful numbers. Abbas bowls a tidy line and length but with 29 overs 0/100 he's had no impact either, like I thought he just looks like he lacks that venom but perhaps under lights with a newer ball he may of been more effective.

One thing I'm happy with Pakistan doing is Babar being promoted to 4, where he should be batting. He looked alot better than his mates at the other end once again.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:My table includes the recent win over Pakistan but not the Kiwis win over the Poms for some reason
That's because the series between NZ and England isn't included in the test championship.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2019/20

We gift blokes I’ve never heard of a cap, would never happen in our day mate.
*Cricket Nerd Alert

This sentiment is an interesting one and one I've read/heard a few times so I looked into it. Looking through the list of ODI caps (I'm assuming you are talking about ODI cricket when you say WSC) I had a count so hopefully my numbers are right.
Amount of players debuted per decade-
1980's- 48
1990's- 31 (No debutants between 1989 and 1992)
2000's- 42
2010's- 47

Players with less than 10 matches-
1980's- 11 (9 played less than 5)
1990's- 7 (4 played less than 5)
2000's- 14 (11 played less than 5)
2010's 19- (14 had less than 5)

Almost the same amount of players debuted in the 80's than in the 2010's with a difference of 8 players playing more than 10 ODI matches in the 80's. 2/3 players currently playing that have less than 5 matches probably will add to their tally in the future.
I think the sentiment of gifting guys caps these days isn't as true as it may appear.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TDK is the star wars game still worth getting? Absolutely it is IMO, I love it. It has it's own fully fledged story but with lots of references to the Star Wars universe and lots of things to collect and places to explore if your the completionist type of gamer. It has many different kinds of enemies to fight and test yourself against and it is awesome running around and annihilating them with your lightsaber, the force powers are handy too. It can be quite frustrating as it can be quite difficult at times when you can't get past a boss or you're over run with enemies but as you progress, learn Cal's skills and upgrade his abilities it becomes easier.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trans Tasman Trophy

Loved the return of Pattinson so far.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Soft dismissal, Burns gives Santner his first wicket.
Smith looking to score early, maybe him and Wade will look to accelerate?

Send in Starc or Cummins next Why?
Quick runs.
Batting practice.
Save Head and rest him for the 3rd test.
That would be stupid decision to send out the bowlers to do the batsmen's job and you never save a batsman for the next match, if anything you protect your bowlers and have them not bat at all. Plus Head just made 100 yesterday, why wouldn't he be out in the middle wanting to make more runs?
by The Dark Knight
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter Siddle has announced his international retirement.
Will finish with 67 tests, taking 221 test wickets @30.66, 13th on the most test wicket for Australia list.

Serviceable hard worker who wore his heart on his sleeve.

I wasn’t his biggest fan but had respect for the bloke who clearly took pride and understood what the baggy green means.

Wish him all the best in the future, I hope he makes a mint playing the t20 circuit he deserves it.
I watched his press conference from earlier today where he said he isn't looking to play any T20 circuit cricket yet as he still loves and wants to play red ball cricket with Victoria and Essex aswell as playing with the Strikers. You could tell he knows where he's at and knows it's unlikely that he'll play test cricket again with the depth of fast bowlers Australia now has but still loves and wants to play the longer format at first class level. He's become a very good T20 bowler though and like you said deserves to earn some decent coin exclusively playing T20 cricket.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After 2 tests
Stats provided by the Foxtel team

SMITH V WAGNER
116 balls faced
22 runs scored
4 times dismissed
5-50 average

WARNER V WAGNER
44 balls faced
21 runs scored
3 times dismissed
7-00 average

When you consider just how well Smith and Warner bat on Australian test matches , Wagners stats against them is astounding

Neither of them have batted well against him, he has a plan to each of them, sticks to it and reaps the rewards, have been very disappointed with Smith this series

Whilst Smith's performance this series was disappointing i think we might be underestimating the toll the Ashes series took on him both mentally and physically. It was his first series back in test cricket, he batted for seriously long times and was struck a few times as well.

I'm sure Smith will go away now and work on his deficiencies and come back even better. My money will be on him to be our leading run scorer against India next Summer. I'm sure he will stand up when we really really really need him.
Smudge has been named by Justin Langer as the best problem solving batsman in the game, his ability to adapt to conditions, bowlers and situations of matches has been elite. No doubt he will go away and work on his current problem, I'm interested to see what he does in the third test now and in the future, as no doubt other teams and bowlers will try and employ Wagner's tactics to him.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Geezus Burns
That was a real good delivery to get out too, de Grandhomme getting some good swing again as he's consistently swung the ball all tour.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Take out Marnus' innings and it would show a very ordinary batting performance by the Australians Take out his score and the rest made 239 from 539, Marnus 215 from 363. It happens alot though and that's cricket, one guy makes a big score and the rest don't cash in on starts.
454 all out in 5 sessions is still a good score. 150.1 overs the Kiwis bowled after bowling 146.2 in Australia's first innings in Perth and 155.1 in Melbourne.
Probably a good time to have the Kiwis bat now anyway, let's see what they got on this pitch.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

I saw 1917 on Friday night with mates and overall I really enjoyed it. I can't remember loving the start of a film more than I did watching the start of 1917 with the soldiers in the trenches, the way it was shot was just so immersive and gave you no time to look away or zone out of what was happening on screen. The second half of the film is a bit messy but as whole it is a great film mainly because of the way it's shot. It really gives you a sense of how horrible trench warfare was.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate having a 4 day weekend
by The Dark Knight
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Our U19’s beat the Poms on the last ball of the game to knock them out of the competition I just watched the highlights and wow what a f**king win! Australia won on the last ball of the match chasing 252, at one point the Aussies were almost gone at 7/189 as they lost 5/36 in 13 overs in a middle order collapse due to the English spinners. Australia needed 40 off the last 3 overs with fast bowler Connor Sully hitting 35 from 20 balls along with Todd Murphy making 16 from 10 as their 9th wicket partnership saw Australia home.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2019/20

The Heat are f**king junk and I love it. I wonder if the commentators will interview Lynn again and have him apologize to their fans again, he should apologize to his teammates for another trash shot he played tonight and getting bowled by O'Keefe, who was awarded MOTM for his 1/20 from his 4 overs. That dismissal showed again how much of a joke he is, he is the most overrated cricketer in the BBL.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Overnight our dog Poppy, one of our two beautiful Australian Shepherds, passed away suddenly. She was 13 and a half, and dog with a real character and personality.

She had experienced some mobility issues with her hind legs in the last couple of months, and it was particularly bad last night, but there were no signs of anything more serious health-wise. I woke up during the early hours of this morning and went to check on her, only to find her downstairs, lying on her side, and 'sleeping' with her eyes open. I'm not sure how she died, but I presume her failing back legs may have had something to do with it. I only hope that it was sudden, and that she didn't suffer. I guess it was her time.

Sometimes I'd I wonder how I would deal with an inevitable day like today, and I must say I'm a lot worst than I thought I'd be, constantly fighting back tears which seem to come in waves after periods where I think I'm OK. I think it'll take a while for my wife and I to adjust.

Poppy had a great life, and was a wonderful companion. Rest in peace, my little furry, fluffy friend.
Sorry to read this Magellan, I can't help but get a little emotional reading this as it reminds me of our previous family dog suffered a similar fate. He had bad arthritis in his back hips and it got so bad he could no longer walk. It was awful watching him deteriorate like he did and I still vividly remember dad and I taking him to the vet to get put down.

Just such a sad experience to go though, commiserations.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Been a lull in weddings on here, anyone in the process of or has recently got hitched?

There was a run of weddings and honeymoons a few years back.

Is TDK getting hitched?
Did I read that on here somewhere

Silly boy.
Correct, you did read that on here, March next year is our wedding. Booked in our venue the other day.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

How does a team get bowled out for 28 in the first dig and win outright?

It sounds like the Smithfield D Grade team that achieved a similar feat many moons ago.

It was called "losing the unloseable game".

Marty Reading was an A grade opening bat, never bowled and could only play one week.

Opened the bowling and took 9/12 as they dismissed the opposition out for 28 IIRC.

Marty goes out and scores 100+ not out so the declare at about 6/160 and then have the opposition 3/30 overnight.

They go on to make about 180 and bowl Smithfield out for about 30 and win reverse outright. I read your post and just went on Mycricket to look at the Craigmore v Pirates result. This has made my day, thank you and well done to the Craigmore B grade.

The Pirates played a player in that game who is still registered at North Haven in that game, he also played in their B grade in round 16. He has played one match for NH this season and there was never a clearance put in for him to go to the Pirates. Our secretary has attempted to contact the PDCA via email and phone multiple times about this matter but has had no correspondence from the PDCA.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:We got a pork belly about to go in the air fryer...then roast up a medley of veggies...washed down by a 2019 homebrew....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sounds good mate.
I'd just like to comment, how good are Air Fryers! I got mine for Christmas and I love it!
by The Dark Knight
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

The PAE Council have condemned it as it's theirs to condemn. Certainly not happy to see it go, made Mum's day 7 years ago....
I had my engagement party on the 29th of Feb at Alberton and we got our names up on the scoreboard. Depending on whether they hosted an event there on the weekend or when I demolition set up started we may be the last people to get our names up on the scoreboard. I'm not a Port nuffie but having it there was special as I'd like to think my dad and grandpa being massive Port men would of loved to see us have it at Alberton and have our names up on the scoreboard.
Smart, only have to celebrate the anniversary of your engagement once every 4 years.
Getting married 29/2/24? ;)
Haha! It's something quirky and just wanted to make people think about it. Not getting married on the leap day though lol.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

The PAE Council have condemned it as it's theirs to condemn. Certainly not happy to see it go, made Mum's day 7 years ago....
I had my engagement party on the 29th of Feb at Alberton and we got our names up on the scoreboard. Depending on whether they hosted an event there on the weekend or when I demolition set up started we may be the last people to get our names up on the scoreboard. I'm not a Port nuffie but having it there was special as I'd like to think my dad and grandpa being massive Port men would of loved to see us have it at Alberton and have our names up on the scoreboard.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Another team with points taken away for playing ineligible players. Who?
Adelaide Nepalese.
Lost all points won in Rounds 4,10 and 12 Fair enough and good by the association to punish them.

I do all our Mycricket stuff and nothing annoys me more when people suggest to play guys under fake names when we need to fill a side. It's been done in the past but now I go out of my way to make sure it will never happen at my club while I'm in control of our Mycricket, especially after the association made an example of Kenilworth a few seasons ago
by The Dark Knight
Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You Tube Classic Cricket Moments

Nice topic LK. I have literally spend hours watching cricket videos on YouTube.

robelinda2 is a channel I regularly scroll through and watch videos from, the footage that guy has is incredible. Check out his channel out if you haven't already.

This is the number one cricket moment that will stay with me forever. I remember being at primary school, our teacher let us watch the cricket and seeing this put me off sliding to retrieve the ball forever.

mt1OQXfnPE0

These are my two favourite cricket videos, compilation videos with plenty of memorable moments in them.

5.20 and 5.45 are the best in this clip-
qZBLa7e5_4Y

And this is pure genius from Punter-
bwJ8KR0E-KQ

And ironically with Pakistan here at the moment I found this gem the other day-
vQh70VV-RaY
by The Dark Knight
Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has anyone watched 'The Test" yet on Amazon Prime.

I loved every second of it, if you enjoy sporting doco's it's worth a look.

One small take i took from watching it was, even the Aussie Cricket Team still use crappy Power-Point slides in team meetings like every other workplace. I posted this in the TV thread-

Has anyone watched or going to watch the cricket doco The Test?
It came out last Thursday so I signed up to the Amazon Prime free month trial and finished it on Tuesday. It is a must watch for an Australian cricket nuffie like myself and have great insight to how it all works for the Aussie boys.
A few things I took out of it-
Tim Paine came across really well for me again, he's down to earth and knows exactly where he's at as a cricketer and how people feel about him. I feel as though people would gain respect for him and cut him some slack if they watched it.

I'd say the same about Aaron Finch, he knows exactly where he's at and he's been a very respectable player and captain. I enjoyed listening to him.

Justin Langer is so passionate and his role as coach is obviously so important to him. I don't like his bias to his WA boys (a fact he doesn't really shy away from) but he is so good to listen too. He swears quite a but which is confronting when you listen to someone so much and never hear them swear. Ricky Ponting was the same and that goes for most sportsmen.

Usman Khawaja came across as quite arrogant as he really doesn't like being told what to do but his relationship with Langer seems like a decent and honest one as Khawaja is not afraid to speak his mind.

Mitch Marsh is much miligned but he is a very funny man and is good value and comes across as a real good bloke despite the criticism he constantly faces. After his press conference during the Oval test match and then this doco I've cut him some slack.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Song Tag

The Offspring- Meaning of Life
by The Dark Knight
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |