Search found more than 1119 matches

Return

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Bazball failed

Has rooted Root’s batting. Maybe the way he played today was because of his finger injury and playing normally may of hampered him too much? But him playing in the aggressive Bazball style actually annoys me in a way, he's already that good surely he doesn't need to change the way he plays and play the ridiculous shots?
by The Dark Knight
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

@mal
Stoinis batting at the moment in the second T20I, see how he goes this innings hey. ;) His last T20 innings at the Adelaide Oval was a good one.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maxwell took the absolute piss during that innings, obviously helps when the pitch is a road hey @gadj1976 ;)

That's his fifth T20I hundred, now equal with Rohit Sharma.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2023/2024

8 catches for Carey

First class record in an innings is 7, wonder what the List A record is?

Edit - Google is a wonderful thing!

Carey is now the equal record holder - https://www.espncricinfo.com/records/most-dismissals-in-an-innings-283805
It's now the record for Australian ODD matches. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240215/ba742dd58d27cfbac4d193e0302149de.jpg
by The Dark Knight
Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rik E Boy wrote:Bancroft in for Marnus please. An inanimate carbon rod for Head. Imagine how good we'd be with some half decent batting supporting that attack.

regards,

REB
Yeah almost like we could be the World Test Champions and World Cup champions with some half decent batting to support that attack.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:Southee gone for a duck, Carey gets his 10th catch for the match
Carey with 10 has the equal most dismissals in a match for an Australian wicketkeeper in test cricket, Gilchrist the other also against NZ in Hamilton back in 2000.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/nz-vs-aus-2023-24-stats-carey-second-to-gilchrist-new-zealand-s-first-home-series-defeat-since-2017-1424439

13- Consecutive Test series without a defeat for New Zealand at home before losing to Australia. New Zealand's last series defeat was in a three-match series against South Africa in March 2017. New Zealand played 13 two-match Test series at home between the two series defeats, winning in ten while another three ended in a draw.

210- Runs scored by the Australia batters at No.6 and lower during the fourth innings. These are the most by any team's No.6 and lower batters in a successful fourth-innings chase, surpassing the 190 by Sri Lanka against Zimbabwe in 2017.

7- Consecutive Test wins for Australia against New Zealand in New Zealand. It is the joint-second longest winning streak against the home team in Test cricket. England won each of their first eight Tests in South Africa between 1889 and 1899, while New Zealand also won their recent seven Tests in Zimbabwe (since 2000).

15-1- Australia's win-loss record while chasing a target against New Zealand in Test cricket. The 2011 Hobart Test was the only time Australia lost while chasing against New Zealand in Tests. The 279-run chase in Christchurch is now the highest that Australia chased successfully against New Zealand.

247- Runs scored by Australia after the fall of the fourth wicket in the chase. These are the third-most runs scored by any team after losing their fourth wicket in a successful fourth-innings chase in Test cricket. The previous highest for Australia was 244 against Pakistan in the 1999 Hobart Test, where they were 125 for 4 in a 369-run chase.

98*- Alex Carey's score in the Christchurch chase is the second-highest by a wicketkeeper in a successful fourth-innings chase in Tests. Adam Gilchrist's unbeaten 149 against Pakistan in 1999 in Hobart is the highest.

140- Partnership runs between Mitchell Marsh and Carey is the third-highest in a successful fourth-innings chase in Tests for the sixth or lower wicket. The highest is 238 between Justin Langer and Gilchrist for the sixth wicket against Pakistan in 1999.

2- Individual scores by No.7 or lower batters in a successful fourth-innings chase in Tests higher than Carey's 98 not out in Christchurch. Gilchrist's 149 not out against Pakistan came while batting at No.7, while Gilbert Jessop scored 104, also at No.7 against Australia in 1902 at The Oval.

3- Instances of Australia successfully chasing a target of 250-plus runs since 2008. During this period, Australia lost chasing 250-plus targets on 25 occasions, while another four ended in a draw. Johannesburg 2011 (310), Birmingham 2023 (281) and Christchurch 2024 (279) are those wins. Pat Cummins hit a boundary to close the chase in all three instances.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:Pat, shut the faark up and just play cricket. :roll:

Takes wickets. Win trophies. Winds up boomers.

Love Captain Pat.

Still.
Boomers gonna hate Solar Panel Pat!
by The Dark Knight
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Can Glenelg select their test player?

They could. When was the last time Carey played Grade cricket? Can remember Head playing some games last year, but don’t recall Carey playing. Which is understandable having been the keeper in 3 formats for Australia for much of the last few years. Looking on Play Cricket, November 2021? He made 155 against ND.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 1*

Looks like both Grand Finalists from the previous season have never started the next season 0-2.

Calab Serong with 46 disposals, a new record for Fremantle. 37 effective, 21 contested possessions, 10 clearances.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 2

Vamos wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:Keays fined 10k for grabbing that dude

You’re kidding?
Should be paid for doing security’s job for them

One of them looked like Bruno (RIP) crossing Victoria Rd, got the speed wobbles up and went arse up

Hahaha mate what a reference! So niche.
IYKYK
by The Dark Knight
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Winning another premiership! By one wicket!
by The Dark Knight
Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Winning another premiership! By one wicket!

Well done TDK, very well done.

Doesn’t mention that he is in the last wicket partnership of 40* to get the win. Always the clubman.
It was Michael Hussey/Glenn McGrath Boxing Day v South Africa 2008 type stuff!
by The Dark Knight
Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Congratulations to Coromandel Ramblers, Section 1 premiers, best club in the association by far. Huge respect to you and also to Port Noarlunga playing in two grand finals in two seasons.
See you next season! We won by one wicket today.

Happy Valley win Section 3 and good riddance I say as I've been holding onto this all season- absolute f**king joke that Western Youth drop two sections, finish second and play in a grand final. The Sutton Darby debacle is all your fault!
by The Dark Knight
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Winning another premiership! By one wicket!

Nervous heading out there mate? Lost 8/36 and you arrived. Hit the winning run? I wasn't nervous going out to bat because I didn't expect us to win being nine wickets down, only got nervous when we got close. I didn't hit the winning runs, I managed to (streakily) get off strike and my team mate who batted number three making 96* hit the winning runs. We put on 40 for the last wicket to win it, his innings was incredible.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="The Dark Knight"]Winning another premiership! By one wicket!

Nervous heading out there mate? Lost 8/36 and you arrived. Hit the winning run? I wasn't nervous going out to bat because I didn't expect us to win being nine wickets down, only got nervous when we got close. I didn't hit the winning runs, I managed to (streakily) get off strike and my team mate who batted number three making 96* hit the winning runs. We put on 40 for the last wicket to win it, his innings was incredible.
Sounds like your innings was equally as important

Hazelwood like even :D[/quote]Hahaha!
Reflecting on it afterwards I couldn't help but reference an Australian 10 wicket partnership involving guys like Glenn McGrath or Josh Hazlewood.
Our captain was trying to call me Jack Leach and our match winning number 3 Ben Stokes referencing Headingley 2019 but I told him he can't because thinking about that innings, partnership and result gives me PTSD lol.
Thanks lads.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

Why is neither North or Carlton wearing their traditional jumper?
It's Norths home game, I know, but they could be mistaken for the Bulldogs.
Brand is everything, what's Norths?
Shinboner, blue and white stripes.

Unlike a Collingwood supporter to not understand the wearing of an alternative strip [emoji14]

Probably to do with The Good Friday Appeal, a limited edition guernsey would hold more value being auctioned off perhaps.
Yes North's gurnseys are for the Good Friday Appeal.
https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/1515187/kangaroos-launch-2024-good-friday-superclash-guernsey
Here's a bit of reading for you @tigerpie
by The Dark Knight
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney thread

woodublieve12 wrote:Errol Gulden has signed on for 4 more years.

Apparently the cows offered him 10 years :shock:
Don't tell me it's true,
I don't wanna hear about it

(I'm obsessed with that song because of Gulden)
by The Dark Knight
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PLAY HQ

Bluedemon wrote:Sounds like Play HQ couldn't handle round 1 again, nothing surprising with this system
Let's not forget in years gone by during the Sporting Pulse days it would also crash in round one (and at other times throughout a season) and we couldn't see results either.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Womens Cricket

Meg Lanning was on The Howie Games this week, I listened the episode Podcast this morning. She told her story that lead to her surprise retirement from international cricket, definitely worth a listen.
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/australia-news-i-was-in-denial-meg-lanning-reveals-health-battle-that-caused-her-international-retirement-1429696
by The Dark Knight
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |