Search found 619 matches

Return

Re: Essendon 2014

Ahh, the James Hird situation just gets better. I'm glad to have passed the banner over.
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

I'm sure his mum wouldn't want this Jimbo. But I can see your point of view. That's why I feel for Mrs Walsh. She must feel tormented by the developments of last night and the impact it will have forever more.

How do you forgive someone for doing that I wonder?
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

I must reiterate, I'm not backing ALL of these. Just whittling my bets for the day down from these selections

BR 1 3
BR 2 15
BR 5 2
BR 7 16 - roughie, each way
BR 8 15

SR 2 7
SR 4 11
SR 5 8
SR 6 8
SR 7 5
SR 8 11

MR 2 4
MR 7 11
MR 9 3

A bit better day today, highlighted by SR 6 8 saluting at 17.50!
by gadj1976
Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 and we're into the home stretch

except for the rain...

But anyway.... overall it was a terrible game. We still look VERY light on without Judd in the middle. That's a very much ongoing concern for us. Kruezer was fantastic tonight but was only against Hampson, so hard to tell about ongoing impact.

The only time we looked like coming back, that mark was paid against Kruze. Might've meant we only lost by 29 points ;-)

Cas, happy with his kicking ATM. Fields looks like an inexperienced Laidler. Losing Jammo early didn't help either. All is not lost for us. Barks wouldn't be happy but we're still a better side under him that ****.
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gadj1976 wrote:BR 1 5
BR 2 5
BR 3 2
BR 5 3/2/1/4
BR 7 10

MR 5 15
MR 7 3
MR 8 9

AR 4 9
AR 8 1

MR 8 9 wins pays 12.20

AR 4 9 wins pays 18.10

:D
by gadj1976
Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

You missed out on a bloody good era to watch footy and have a half decent child hood mate ;)

Woollen guernseys, bogged grounds, swigs of port and ciggies being lit up at half time, pre-season starting in March (at the end of cricket season), coaches being appointed on the basis they turned up pre season and had "credentials", blokes passing out in changerooms after the game, blokes sleeping in cars in the car park or rocking up to Sunday sessions in the same clothes they left in, "the green room" being the most occupied room in the house, game plans being "kick it long", coaches telling you you were no good and the reasons why in front of your teammates, and black footy boots.

That's what I remember of footy in that era.
by gadj1976
Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Can't find anything on Google, Is the floor in the Lord's Long Room where the players walk in and out wooden floor boards or some kind of rubber surface?

It couldn't be Wooden floor boards considering it would take heaps of damage from the players spikes?

If it is Wooden floor boards how does it not get damaged?

I've actually been in there DK.

It's a hard rubber from memory. I remember looking at all the spike marks and thinking about all of the legends of the game that have wandered through there and left their imprint etched on cricket history.
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't really know what to say.... however it's good news. Niccorossa has been nominated for the Lightning Stakes at Morphettville on Saturday (AR 7 9).

No idea why it was nom'd but we'll take it! Let's hope for a good ride and a lot of luck!
by gadj1976
Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Upgrading Windows

Might be a dumb question WOF, but do you work for a large organisation? Often, they have reciprocal rights to upgrade for 15 bucks. if not, find someone 'inside' a large organisation and see if you can upgrade using their registration.
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: green screen

I had that Centurion, and it's friggen annoying. I had similar issues so I had to upgrade some things and it seemed to work.

Depending on your browser, you'll need to do differing things.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=youtube+green+screen&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=bz2_VablF-SNmwXSnoWgCg
by gadj1976
Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 Bits

Brodlach wrote:All this Adam Goodes talk is booooring me ;)

Funny my 6 year old was watching the 2005 prelim final Syd vs Geelong and wondered why Goodes wasn't being boo'd. I thought about responding that "we obviously weren't racist back then" but didn't.
by gadj1976
Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final round (23) times announced

Friday Sept 4th
Richmond v North Melbourne ES 19:10

Saturday Sept 5th
Geelong v Adelaide SS 12:35
Brisbane v Western Bulldogs G 13:15
Port Adelaide v Fremantle AO 15:20
Hawthorn v Carlton MCG 16:10
Sydney v Gold Coast SCG 18:50
West Coast v St.Kilda DS 19:10

Sunday Sept 6th
Melbourne v GWS ES 12:40
........Collingwood v Essendon MCG 14:50 :lol: :lol: :lol:

do we really have to bother by turning up? Didn't hurt us last time ......
by gadj1976
Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 and it's getting fair dinkum

another grub wrote:Its going to be an interesting finish but blues have the box hill hawks last game you have to remember that.

Edited for accuracy.
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Surely the AFL can now afford a Reserves Comp

As discussed on here two days ago they can afford it now but they are not going to do it

from this new TV deal the money will go to:

AFL players - as percent sharing as part of their EBA
The clubs - which will be used to hire more staff for their elite players, retire debt, expand footy programs.
Expand the game in the Northern markets - SA, WA and VIC are already hooked so no need to spend the same amount of money there.
Retire AFL debt
A national womens competition
Infrastructure grants
Increasing the payroll at AFL house

The AFl has no need for a reserves competition when it's 2nds teams are playing in good state league competitions which is far cheaper than running an AFL Reserves competition.

It will not happen in the foreseeable future i.e. the life of this TV ddeal.

it will br brought up though, to keep the soverign SANFL, AFL Victoria, WAFL clubs in line as a stick to keep the state league competitions favourable to the AFL clubs.

Get excited about the rumours of a national reserves competition if you wish though

That's not true. The NEAFL is rubbish. One of the major criticisms is the wide gap between playing AFL and NEAFL in Qld. Having a standardised comp would benefit all IMO.
by gadj1976
Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 stuff

Now see, that Yeo decision sums up what's wrong with footy. That wasn't holding the ball. It was a perfect reason for a ball up. Stop stuffing up the game FFS.
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:Carlton are putrid :)

So, we beat you...........

And you beat the premiership favourites.........

So that makes us premiership favourites.........

I like this set up.
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Melbourne are putrid. Dawes kicking their second goal with a questionable free in the last minute before half time and injuring himself kind of sums it up. Perhaps Roos isn't the wonder coach everyone has always labelled him as.

Wristy, being serious for a sec, I agree. Guys like Beveridge and Simmo at WCE have gone past him I reckon. The new breed is "in" and the new breed is being surpassed.

Nothing wrong with that, I just hope Carlton have that in mind when they appoint a new coach.

Agree, even Ken Hinkley has been superb for Port despite having a huge lull this year.

I look at someone like Eade and think why Gold Coast why? A club needs to get pro-active and look for new directions. Even Phil Walsh has sent the Crows in the right direction.

The next generation of coaches is upon us and you don't need 300 games and a Brownlow to be a good coach, as a matter of fact it may not even help.

I thought Eade at the start of the season would be good for them, but he's been hampered by massive injuries and ill discipline. Whether he's inherited the ill discipline or not, who knows. But I wonder if he was brought in to bring discipline in as a first measure and not worry about game plan (ie, bring him in for two years to right the ship) so much and set themselves up for 2017/2018 onward. Again, who knows - given the CEO's presser after McKenna got the flick, you wouldn't have a clue as to the direction of the club.

Overall, you'd have to think that the trend is toward 'new' coaches. Surprisingly I must admit. But then you look at us, two years ago we opted for a 59/60 year old. How silly does that look now?
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

On behalf of most.......who cares.
At last, back to something constructive. Well done.

Well really, the comp is a joke. Thanks to Friar Tuck (Olsen) and cohorts. Nothing left in it for most people, hence the non attendance, unless you feel otherwise?
Sorry, I misread the context of your post, so I humbly withdraw. :oops:

Taken dude... sorry I didn't insert pi33take emoji's.

Let's play on hey?
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Club Membership

According to the website, as it currently stands you will wait 41 years to become a Restricted member!

Benny, I signed up in 2001 and last I checked they're up to somewhere in 1996. They mentioned recently that they were opening up another category so that people like me could 'walk up' to games that were expected to be lowly attended so that bolstered numbers. Often games are 'full' or 'full-ish' but the members is empty.

Anyway, going on the 1996 entry speed, it'll be another 5-10 years before I get in, meaning that will be 20-25 years in total before I get offered entry.
by gadj1976
Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

bennymacca wrote:apparently he is best mates with Murray Rance who is involved with Essendon somewhere along the line.

In terms of cash, i dont think there is anything the Paul Little could offer that the Crows couldnt match, if they decide to

Edited for accuracy.
by gadj1976
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The gun lobby of the US being so pig headed.
by gadj1976
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm lost too....
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

On behalf of most.......who cares.
At last, back to something constructive. Well done.

Well really, the comp is a joke. Thanks to Friar Tuck (Olsen) and cohorts. Nothing left in it for most people, hence the non attendance, unless you feel otherwise?

EDIT, I should add, I have more emotional appeal to my Ammo club these days. Sad, isn't it?
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 1, 2015 AFL Finals Series

Jim05 wrote:Another team who lost from pathetic kicking. How do guys get through the system who cant do the basics? Bontempelli especially was a disgrace

I might have to bump my thread!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35890&p=1503240#p1503240
by gadj1976
Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

However, I have heard that the amateur league confirmed to North Haven that Salisbury will be staying in div 4.

That's what I've heard too.

You would THINK that the winner will be forced to go up at least! I suppose this also hinges on how many clubs from Div 3 have put their hand up to come down.
by gadj1976
Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Funny things kids say and do

Few years ago now, but my niece aged 3 or 4 was walking in my parents front door.

I put my arm across it to block her entry and said "what do you say".

She said "move".
by gadj1976
Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Funny things kids say and do

My daughter was in her carseat (aged about 3) as we cruised up and down the Yorke Peninsula whilst looking for a block of land to build upon.

We were coming back from a fairly long trip and she'd just woken up. She looked out her window and without missing a beat said "geez, there's a f***load of water out there".
by gadj1976
Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Chick said himself, Cousin and Kerr all had permission from ASADA to take the prednisilon cause they are diagnosed asthmatics...but not in those doses surely

prednisone isn't performance enhancing, if anything it would probably have the opposite effect

Hmm, tricky one. If you sit at the Children's hospital and sit and wait for the prednisone to kick in to the asthmatic children (and it usually does about 3am) then I can tell you it IS performance enhancing.

My little bloke is on this stuff when he has a bout of bad asthma and he runs around the house like a mental patient till it wears off.

Is that performance enhancing - I'd suspect it was.
by gadj1976
Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

jackpot jim wrote:Wankers that think they're heros because they are so called Hawthorn supporters.

If my team ever gets anwhere near a threepeat, I'll be carrying on like a complete tool! Ok, so much like the usual behaviour but with more public nudity. :-)
by gadj1976
Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Wegs, Feenix, REB, you'll have to excuse my behaviour next season. I'll be cheering on anyone other than Geelong, for completely selfish reasons. The lower you finish, the better our first round draft pick will be next year (for Henderson).
by gadj1976
Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wegs, Feenix, REB, you'll have to excuse my behaviour next season. I'll be cheering on anyone other than Geelong, for completely selfish reasons. The lower you finish, the better our first round draft pick will be next year (for Henderson).
All good mate, I just hope we dont have to watch Carlton play Friday night football :lol:

Me neither! I'd like to enjoy some Friday night footy next year.
by gadj1976
Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:Working all weekend so still haven't seen the race, would be interested int the runs of Snow Sky, fame Game, Hauraki, Hokko and Protectionist

https://www.racing.com/form/2015-10-17/ ... /9/results
by gadj1976
Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

Attitude? They don't have an attitude. They go into every rape case investigating it as they should, with an open frame of mind . What they find on the other hand is exactly that.

There are legitimate cases, an illegitimate cases. It's up to them to find out which is which. And by crikey, you know what they do a great job.

I strongly disagree with this, the police tend to decide who is guilty and who isnt, The prosecutors (DPP) and the courts have the open mind.

Ok. Whatever I say won't change your mind. Enjoy the fruits of whatever comes your way.
by gadj1976
Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Me neither Spargo. I find it amazing they can recall horses on a whim like they do. Miles had 10 races to call and got one horse wrong a few times. Big deal. The horse still won. I was there and I knew it was the horse I backed.

The only disappointment I have is that he felt the need to apologise!
by gadj1976
Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're getting rid of Menzel??

For Pick 28 and Kerridge?

Someone wake me up when this nightmare is over.
by gadj1976
Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our horse Niccorossa will be nom'd in a Class 1 at Morphettville on Melb Cup day.
by gadj1976
Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our horse Niccorossa will be nom'd in a Class 1 at Morphettville on Melb Cup day. so what's the oil,?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate, pretty simply, if it rains, get off it. It just doesn't like the softer tracks. I'm not even sure at a dead 5 if I'll get on it.

Race 7 no 8. Paying about 4.50 on sportsbet.
by gadj1976
Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Michael Clarke

what is it with the Australian cricket team bitching and carrying on like the Kardashians? FFS, just get on with playing the game and stop the bullsh1t, please!
by gadj1976
Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Windies - Test series

Can't wait for the Boxing day test when I can actually sit down and watch a day's cricket. This idea of starting test matches on Thursday is ridiculous.
by gadj1976
Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 20-1 REBs worst AFL Guernseys

10. The M&M Sturty

Carlton didn't have a soul to sell in the first place when they sold out one of the best jumpers in the AFL to help flog some chocolate snacks. Back then Carlton were still a reasonable side so the introduction of the Sturty induced a cacophony of Belly laughs loud enough to crack the make up on Jeannie Pratt's plastic Moosh.

The AFL normally sweeps shit under the rug which normally results in member clubs launching injunctions or sending the coach to France but the league couldn't not turn a blind eye to this monstrosity that only a Double Blues fan could love . The AFL penalised the Blues so heavily that that the club has been reduced to a rabble...it was this jumper and not the salary cap my friends!

image.jpg
" We've got the chocolates!"

And loved it I did!
by gadj1976
Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

I will provide the analysis. It's like working out your batting average. If you haven't been dismissed(or won a flag) the average gets pretty big. So Ca$h Haven $1m for 0 flags = $1m per flag. Could have just recruited me for much less. I would have won a couple for you.

If you're "not out" then you don't have an average! If Haven's haven't won one, then there is no 'average per flag'.
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MickyJ ill

Dog_ger2 wrote:Come stand with us at Centrals, Welcome MickyJ

well he did say he'd lost his sense of taste.
by gadj1976
Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

No further punishment from the AFL.
All 5 Rookies can join the main list just like a LTI, this applies to other clubs affected also.
Essendon will be allowed an extra 10 player signings from other leagues, these players payments will go towards our salary cap but the AFL has given the club extra on its cap

IMO, Essendon should also have to include ex players in their salary cap - because the Saints, Port, Melbourne etc have to find money in the salary cap to pay for Carlisle et al's replacements.
by gadj1976
Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

I took the Mrs to see The Good Dinosaur on Monday night for her birthday (she's a Disney nut).

Surprisingly good movie. There's some very VERY sad parts that even made me almost burst out in hysterical crying, but I contained myself.

Some piss funny parts too.

I recommend anyone (with or without kids) to go see this, or at least watch it when it comes out on VHS.

Took the kids today, pretty good movie

Ditto.

We went yesterday. Very surprisingly good. I thought I'd catch up on a couple of hours sleep but it had me hooked. Definitely going to watch it again, when it comes out on Betamax. ;-) Thanks HH3!

The fermented berries was a crackup. Good one by Pixar putting stuff in there for the adults. We all had a giggle.
by gadj1976
Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Can anyone tell me what Great Northern is similar to?
Been offered some very cheap cartons but never tried it

I drink it a bit. It's light in taste and body. So it's harmless. A good beer to drink if you're wanting a beer but also want to drive later in the day.

It's a mid strength, so it's similar to Carlton Mid strength. If you're not into mid strength beer, then I can't say what it's like. It's not my favourite beer but I found it great out of a tap at the footy (in Melb) when I knew I had to drive later that day.

I tend to go for Coopers Mild Ales instead but it's worth a try.
by gadj1976
Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks boys.

I reckon I'm 25 from 25.

25 times I've either backed a horse you've backed on this forum and it's lost and I've been on it, OR you've mentioned it, I've missed it and it's won.

Keep up the ordinary work ;-) Oh, hold on, maybe it's my ordinary work.....
by gadj1976
Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

**** him, both he and Damien Parrot thought it was a real hoot when then media were camped out on Hird's lawn for months and followed his kids to school. Something along the lines of "as media it's our job to break the big stories"
Boots on the other foot now!

Must respect Hird though for not pulling out the "mental health" card.

Pay him that at least !!

Hehehe, sheer unadulterated arrogance would counter that mental health claim.
by gadj1976
Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Social Betting Syndicate

That sounds awesome.

The last syndicate I was in started pretty well and then just fell apart when people just tried to start pulling off 8 leg multis in the hope of something huge.

We have onr bloke who tries for quaddies and we encourage it because most of the rest of us try and pick 3 -6 buck winners.

You need people who bet extravagantly and sensibly to even things out.
by gadj1976
Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst excuse for missing a game

Ex teammate of mine (now deceased) went out on a Friday night and at about 4am got a massive back tattoo. The coach found out at 2pm when he turned up at the game. Despite the player saying he was sick and couldn't play the coach made him sit on the bench the entire game with our usual woollen guernsey on circa 1992. Nice and scratchy on his now bleeding tattoo. All credit to Greeny. Great bloke sadly missed.
by gadj1976
Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |