Search found 620 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Feeling like preparing my "Parent of the Year" speech.

I worked my Saturday out to pretty much to the minute, cancelled all of my usual commitments to try and enjoy life for a bit instead of merely just existing and working.

Lad gets home from training last night and says "I'm playing A's again, I'm starting on the HBF", I should've been more supportive than I was.

I don't play cricket anymore because I umpire a few games of footy every Saturday during the winter so I like to have my own leisure time during summer, he decided to play cricket this season so my Saturday's were consumed all summer, now it appears as though my whole Saturday's will be for the remainder of the winter, and I'll have to resign from an umpire coaching role that I have.

Selfish much, yes, I'm getting older and don't do a lot so I was looking forward to getting a rare afternoon and evening to let loose.

I keep telling myself, "I won't get this time with my kid(s) back". So enjoy mate. Others aren't so lucky.
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

NZ all out 132.

England start off at 0/58 by the end of the day are 7/116

Absolute disgrace they were 12 overs short of a full days play, especially the price patrons pay to get in at Lords, watch them get no penalty for it. I dont want to hear the 17 wickets fell crap excuse.

Lets ban anybody else entering the oval outside of the drinks breaks for starters. If a set of gloves doesnt last for an hour, bad luck. Time for some serious penalties that really hits the hip pocket and in addition to that make them stay out there and complete the overs. 17 wickets in a day equates to almost 9 overs in time. Also allowance is given for DRS to be completed so they probably take up the remaining overs lost.

Seems spot on to me.

No offence to you personally but!

Boll..... LICKS

Get through the overs FFS. 90 overs allows for wickets, retreiving balls from the grandstand, change of out of shape balls, change of gloves, DRS, drinks breaks, other inane reviews and the like. It's not 44 degrees over there, just get through the overs FFS and stop giving people a reason to turn away from test cricket.
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13 - The longest yard

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/06/report-afl-winds-back-umpire-dissent-interpretation/

oh look the afl making shit up as they go, what a surprise
And that's the whole problem.
Everyone's different but the afl insist on fitting everyone in the same size box.
Good luck interpreting "showing restraint"?

I love how the AFL replace a rule that has a gray area with another rule that has a gray area. Clear as mud.
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13 - The longest yard

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:So that’s 4 goals Heppell has directly cost us.
Must have been a inspiring speech
The dud should be sacked on the spot

I'd never be able to speak about any players at my club like that. You sure you're not a Sturt / Carlton supporter?

Settle.
by gadj1976
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone use the WhatsApp?

I'm on a committee and we use it all the time
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yep, just need a phone number for whatsapp - hence we use it with my parents who don't have FB

Can I ask why wouldn’t you just text then.

If people are on different providers then the text messages don't work. If I send a group text and one of my Apple phone mates reply, it replies to me direct rather than the group itself.

Hence we use Whatsapp.
by gadj1976
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

The Carlton of old are back!
FMD

Really?

Explain?

About 10 players on our long term injury list and we lost by 15 points with a couple of video reviews thrown in for fun against a side that will push top 4. We lost nothing other than the 4 points tonight. We didn't play well but we're clearly running out of soliders.

I posted that at 1/4 time.
Our first 1/4 was terrible and we looked slow and indecisive.

Played a lot better after that but you can’t give any team a 5-6 goal start.

Fair call.... apologies. I agree with your last comment - I mentioned that to my Whatsapp mates. Hopeless start in the wet. Glad we fought back and held in there but the start killed us. I didn't see the first half but I kept hearing 'overuse' as the reason we were so far behind early.
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PLAY HQ

Has its faults but in 12 months it will be good. It’s improved a lot since it’s inception

Agree with this statement. We've seen more enhancements in 6 months than we saw from GameDay in years. Admittedly it had some issues to resolve but it shows that the investment is occuring to bring it up to speed.

Anyone that has been through a change management process for an IT system knows that the biggest challenge is getting people on board with something that doest feel as familiar to what they previously had access to. Even if the outcome is the same, people dont like to change the process to get there.

It will take time, but i think it has already driven some positive changes such as player transfers being initiated when the player registers, as opposed to this being driven by the club.

Sass, I work in IT and in change/business analysis specifically and I always refer to the term "WIIFM" in this type of situation.

When a computer system changes and I'm impacted as an end user - which I am with PlayHQ, I ask the question "What's In It For Me"?

If the new system makes my life harder, then I'm not going to embrace it. If it makes my life harder for the short term whilst its being implemented but the longer term benefits are going to make it easier for me, then I'm going to embrace it.

If they haven't told us what the longer term benefits are, then it's difficult to give it a go without being concerned about what the benefits or detractions are.

Communicating the benefits of the new system is paramount to winning over your users - however in this type of situation where we haven't got any choice but to use it, it means they can do whatever they want.
by gadj1976
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to find and buy Vynils

Went to the RSL today, picked up Offspring's Smash and Jane's Addiction's Ritual De Lo Habitual new and The Oils Diesel and Dust 2nd hand.

I went there yesterday and had a blast. I could've spent 10 hours there but spent 2 hours there instead. Mate of mine had hit his budget in 30 minutes and was ready to go home. Mental note to self - meet him there next time :-)

I purchased 8 singles for $35. Can't wait till the next event.
by gadj1976
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

Wedgie wrote:4 to Stewart. Should have been 6 but got the usual Geelong discount.
Port will be stoked!

There, fixed that for ya.
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16

Wedgie wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:De Koenig a late out for the Cats tonight, no key Defensive player.
If North Melbourne don't win tonight they should give up the game.

One could suggest they gave up 10 weeks ago.

A bit like Carlton in the last quarter last night? ;)

Settle (idiot) :-)
by gadj1976
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

As a Carlton supporter all I can say is it’s a long road ahead if you keep churning through coaches.

Haven't we seen this play out badly!

The concerning part of what I've read to date is that the Pres (is that Hood?) says that they have a good list.

No. No, you don't. If you are delusional enough to think you do, you're in more trouble than you think.
by gadj1976
Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 Central v Sturt

PatowalongaPirate wrote:If the Dogs are physical, Strut will wilt. They don't like their hair being messed up.

We need to win this, with or without product in our hair.

Go Blues
by gadj1976
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Wedgie wrote:Can't believe I've never heard of a player who's played more than 200 games. :shock:

You will. In three years he'll be old enough for the Cats to rookie him.
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 20

Danger game for the blues. We've never won here!!!! Average losing margin of 12 goals and Adelaide haven't been playing that badly and we haven't been playing that well.

I'm going, hoping to see history with our first win at AO.

Go blues.
Carlton have only played the Crows once at AO, in 2018. Previous away game against the Crows was Rd 4 2010 at AAMI!
Carlton couldn't even beat North Adelaide there the last time they played. :lol:

Yeh clearly we've been on the turps when we do a field trip to Adelaide for the past 50 years.
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why would any club take on Buddy? Champion yes, but at 36 is he going to provide any value?

Agree, I can't see why you'd bother. He'll take up a portion of salary cap space and not play every game. Unless you can afford to carry someone like that, there doesn't seem to be a positive to it.

Brisbane have Hipwood and Daniher in their forward line already, why add a third?

As an aside, I think Daniher could make way for Buddy as I don't rate him but that's another story.
by gadj1976
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Put car in for service last week, get a call, shockers and struts on the way out need replacing, no dramas with that as knew it was happening.

anyway full service done, shockers and struts replaced along with a few other little things all done for around $1500. not overly fussed by that.

Drive off on Friday, going to a job in the country Sunday, check engine light and alarm comes on, car still runs ok but took it back to mechanics today

Hooks up the computer and now tell me the timing chain is on the way out and will need replacing, suggests that there is always other issues identified once they pull everything out. Anyway gives me a price but it needs to be done or a new car or engine.

Tell him let him know, not overly concerned as son has just bought a new car and still has his old one so can use that as have 4 long country trips for work in next 5 weeks to do.

Son takes old car to work this morning for some reason, rings me at 4.30pm, just had a crash, cars stuffed, pop down, yep shes a right off.

what a crap day but glad have comprehensive insurance and accident not his fault and not hurt

It never rains it pours.

I wrote my car off three days after spending over 1200 on it - major service and a few other things.

I did get a win from the insurance company though. I paid 9250 and got nearly 15000 for it so all was not lost.
by gadj1976
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:It would take me 6x throws to get the ball in from long on.

I suspect I'd be close to the same now. My shoulder's gone! Maybe if I underarm it and the grass is cut short, I'd make it in 3.
by gadj1976
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

Interesting to observe the Glenunga juggernaut - my question is how long will the strategy continue to work and when someone turns the $tap off where will they be? League is littered with clubs with the bodies of clubs such as Greenacres, Kilburn, Woody Sth, Eastern Park etc who rode the gravy train for a period who are now down in the depths of lower grades. I seem to recall when the tap was turned off in the pandemic ban on payments Glenunga were very uncompetitive. Money it seems does not buy you loyalty or culture. Purely an observation from afar.

I'm not sure 'gravy train' is the right terminology. Glenunga have a massive junior program, with close to 40 junior teams. This isn't a Ponzi scheme, used to fund quick Premierships in the senior program. It's an investment in the future of the Club and the players. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes, led by a very hard-working President and a dedicated committee. There are a lot of quality people (and footballers) involved in the coaching and development of the juniors, which has recently started bearing fruit in the senior teams. Like any Club, though, 'outside' players need to be brought in to keep the team competitive at the highest level. The best way to keep the junior talent at your Club is to provide a high level senior environment for them to progress through to. Kudos to the Club for making this happen. They now need to keep working hard to remain in Div 1 over the coming years.

MoP, I was just about to reply with the same thing. Those teams, Greenies, Kilburn, Woody Sth and Eastern Pk (to a lesser extent) had no junior programs in place. Glenunga is huge. As long as they don't disenfranchise their junior club, they'll be set to be a powerhouse for many years to come.
by gadj1976
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely when you see the writing on the wall its time to move on.

when was the last time a coach had the guts to say, "This aint working, I'm outta here"

Probably been a few but cant recall them right now.

Ruttens a dead man walking, he will get the boot seasons end, perhaps right now he should gracefully put his hand up and say bye i'm outta here

If it were me, I'd stay. I want those that selected me to look me in the face and say 'hey mate, it's not working, we need to head in a different direction' then give me my $400k payout and walkout. I'm not giving that up because I'm hearing rumours.

Make those accountable for the decision stand up in front of me and the media and say "we got it wrong".
by gadj1976
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

amber_fluid wrote:How good is this!

DCBC1F7A-4E15-4C86-83C1-D17EF41A825E.jpeg

I'll be getting a slab on the weekend.
by gadj1976
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Yep.

Gold Coast average a home crowd of 11,200. They are also the lowest rating team on tv. They are only there due to the reluctance of the AFL to admit that it was a mistake. A big mistake. They are almost entirely funded like GWS at the expense of football in South and Western Australia. GWS only average 9400 and that is in parts thanks to playing some games in Canberra. They do draw higher TV ratings which is due to having been a better team for a longer period.

A team each in Tasmania and the ACT will draw far bigger crowds and TV audiences and sponsorship. Easy enough to just move GWS to Canberra and give Gold Coast the bullet and put Tassie in.

Demetriou made it clear from the start the Gold Coast was a 30 year project, they aren't pulling the pin or admitting they got it wrong after 10 years. It’s more than that though.
Biggest Auskick growth in the country and can’t get new ovals quick enough such is the demand. Every new development comes with a football oval up there and rugby fields are being converted.
Listening to a talent scout recently and QLD are starting to see the results come through and some are predicting that within a few years QLD will be dominating SA, WA and even the Vics at national carnivals

Completely off thread but a girl in my daughters footy team played in the national schoolgirl championships which was won by QLD.

Back on thread, I hope Carlton make a play for Acres and Grundy. Both positions we need. I should add, we should only go after Grundy if we can get him for the right price.

I'm not interested in Amon.
by gadj1976
Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Love Tomahawk but surely Gawns or Cripps should be Captain? (Gawn for me)
Even Tom Stewart is a VC where Hawk isn't.
What's the go there?
Do they now just give it to the person who has got in the team the most?

Gawn for me too. 6 time all Australian is some feat.

I don't understand giving it to someone who isn't captain of their club. However I assume one day there will be no club captain selected to give it to. Till then, it should go to the most appropriate club captain. For me, that's Gawny. In fact I'd go as far as saying that it is a bit of a snub not to give it to him.
by gadj1976
Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Father's day and a son that played in the juniors GF yesterday, bringing home the chocolates.

I felt for the opposition though - their best player was stretchered off with a suspected broken ankle/leg. I hope he's ok.
by gadj1976
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tigerpie wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:I absolutely love the hate the swans get on this site.

Hate, try being a Crows fan on here :lol:

Everybody loves Collingwood on here at the moment except maybe port fans.

Don't take the silence as passion for your mob. You're still hated by us.
by gadj1976
Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A week after my son's U13 premiership my daughter won her U16's grand final today.

2022 has been a great year in our household!
by gadj1976
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Sad? Annoyed?

Sunday night and the Brownlow is dragging on and on with inane interviews that mean nothing.

I'll be asleep by round 14 if I have stay awake tablets.
by gadj1976
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We need to take days off, so I've been told to not work on Friday. :D
by gadj1976
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2022

18 teams will bring those results unfortunately.
by gadj1976
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I find that staggering that contract management gets to this point. And it's not just Collingwood, other clubs are getting into strife as well such as the gold coast. I recall Port having issues with Lobbes contract as well. Probably more examples out there as well. Just staggering

I don't. It satisfies the player, the supporters and potentially the coach to lock someone into a long term contract - as the coach can then build around them with some confidence. What ruins it is doing it multiple times for multiple players during the same contract period putting them in danger of going over the salary cap - which is plain dumb.

If Carlton didn't lock in Harry McKay recently, I have no doubt that members would be ripping up their memberships. I know I'd rather lock him in than have him potentially leave to a rival.
by gadj1976
Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting trade period :

Geelong - Bigger theft than the Great Train robbery, Bruhn, Bowes and pick 7 for 18 and future 3rd
Sydney - Nothing much
Collingwood - Frampton 5***** recruiting, Grundy gone and paying him to stay gone and get Bobby Hill in
Brisbane - Gunston in, McStay out, upgrade there. Dunkley not yet done
Melbourne - Grundy in, good get
Fremantle - Unicorn in, good get, Corbett, yeah exactly, who? Logue, Acres and Tucket out
Richmond - Bingo bango - Hopper and Taranto in, huge midfield
Bulldogs - Liam Jones in, Cordy out, net zero

Carlton - Get Acres, not much else
St Kilda - Cordy in. Meh
Port Adelaide - JHF, Rioli in, expect Ratugolea, 2nd place behind Geelong in trade week
Gold Coast - FIRE SALE Berry in, Bowes and 7 go out
Hawthorn - Amon in, meh
Adelaide - Rankine in, Frampton and pick 5 out
Essendon - Hey Essendon, it's trade week! Bit going on at HQ and no mention of Dodordumb for a while. Nice.
GWS - Hopper and Taranto out, pick 1 in, Bedford in, still have a heap of picks
West Coast - Turned pick 2 and Rioli into 8 and 12 and get Hunt from Melbourne to replace Acres
North - Didn't lose much other than JHF, pick 1 and get picks 2,3 and Port's 2023 first along with AFL* Logue and Tucker picks

St Kilda above 'anyone' is a mystery to me.

That's last years actual ladder. :D

Ha! Dopey me. Thanks for the clarification.
by gadj1976
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rule #1: Always use a credit card
Rule #2: Use AMEX if you can
Rule #3: When in doubt - start at Rule #1

The credit card suppliers are legally required to act on your behalf in a dispute
AMEX are very good at sticking up for you
They will freeze the payment until it is sorted and assist you in the dispute
It gives you a lot more muscle when they are involved

I've used it many times to fix a problem and been successful 100% of the time
Not just hire cars but anything you put on it
I even got my money back when an overseas hotel went broke.
Fortunately it was within the 90 days and I disputed it (after some good advice that I could)

I've heard Paypal do something similar but I refuse to be coerced into using it
Some OS hotels only let you pay via them but I just dig my heels in until they agree to accept AMEX

I can confirm that PayPal do do this. I had a present for my wife not turn up (she of course said that I didn't actually buy anything). I raised a dispute got all of my money back after they investigated the issue. I find it the safest way to pay across the internet with a safety net.
by gadj1976
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rule #1: Always use a credit card
Rule #2: Use AMEX if you can
Rule #3: When in doubt - start at Rule #1

The credit card suppliers are legally required to act on your behalf in a dispute
AMEX are very good at sticking up for you
They will freeze the payment until it is sorted and assist you in the dispute
It gives you a lot more muscle when they are involved

I've used it many times to fix a problem and been successful 100% of the time
Not just hire cars but anything you put on it
I even got my money back when an overseas hotel went broke.
Fortunately it was within the 90 days and I disputed it (after some good advice that I could)

I've heard Paypal do something similar but I refuse to be coerced into using it
Some OS hotels only let you pay via them but I just dig my heels in until they agree to accept AMEX

I can confirm that PayPal do do this. I had a present for my wife not turn up (she of course said that I didn't actually buy anything). I raised a dispute got all of my money back after they investigated the issue. I find it the safest way to pay across the internet with a safety net.

I bet you did the Dermie walk once you proved that you did buy her something with thought :lol:

F'n oath! I kissed Bill Duckworth too!
by gadj1976
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Happy birthday LM.
by gadj1976
Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Probably more the things that you're not looking forward rather than gives you the shits.

Knowing the day ahead i have to put on my big boy pants and accept a mistake i made at work and whatever consequences come my way.....luckily no serious damage, or financial cost resulted but potential was there. Lots of reports, investigations and all the formalities that come for what was simply me making a misjudgment that resulted in a mishap related to an operational project we were completing.

Not job loss worthy but definitely a lot of sucking up to the relevant stakeholders required and facing the music with no defense other than I stuffed up. I'm sure there will be a few who will love the opportunity to stick in the boots.

Going to need a few beers tonight me thinks. Ive made plenty of **** ups in my time, as you said put your big boy pants on and cop what's coming from above.

Whilst there will be plenty of love to sink the boot in and do there super reviews and all there buzz word reviews and stuff like that, make sure you sit back, take stock of what your thoughts were at the time. Treat this as a gift, experience is the best teacher and learn what you can.

Also learn how those around you operate at this time, as I said great this as gift, it opens the world for the truth and who people really are.

End of the day, it is work. It is not your life and who you are, your life outside of work is actually real life.

Well said Stan.

I'm always one for saying I fxxxed up. But not many do.

I think the comment from Stan above rings true. For me, it's about sitting in the same position with hindsight in mind, what would I have done differently? What lead me to that decision, was it pressure (time, external pressures such as management, lack of access to decision makers)? All of those are important if you are going to grow and get better for the next time this situation arises.
by gadj1976
Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Current Australian Sports Stars and their moral compasses. Thinking Aussie Netball Team and now Pat Cummins refusing to be in Alinta Energy adverts. Throw in the socceroos meek protest despite the fact they will all jump on the plane to go play in Qatar.

So many contradictions.

Yep, the tail is wagging the dog again. What next, Cricket Australia go to market to find another sponsor then have a meeting with the playing group to determine if it's ok for them to sponsor CA? FFS. If you don't like the sponsor, jog on.
by gadj1976
Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This waste of space

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/courts-law/infamous-porsche-driver-richard-pusey-taken-naked-after-refusing-to-go-to-court/news-story/4d3309ab238ff9c13298848cdf43eda2

"An infamous Porsche driver’s high-profile case was plunged into chaos when they had to be taken naked ahead of their court appearance."

Oh FFS...
As a society, we've officially lost it.
by gadj1976
Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spring Carnival Punters Club 2022

Ok lads, we have the following in the Cup boxed trifecta :

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 22, 23, 24

$307 - 17.89%

Given the fact we have 13 runners we'd get a tiny % of the First 4.

Is everyone ok with keeping our current $500 cash in the bank for Oaks Day and all going well today people who have winners add to the below on Thursday?

Oaks Day

Race 1 - Brodlach
Race 2 - Jimmy
Race 3 - Gadj
Race 4 - JK

As in, we spend $200 above and will have $300 left for the last 6 races on Oaks Day.

Keep the 300 for Thursday.
by gadj1976
Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:
MW wrote:What's the best news website to go on that does not have a paywall?
Struggling to find anything that is even half decent and not shitty clickbait crap.

ABC

https://www.abc.net.au/news/

I also use https://indaily.com.au/
by gadj1976
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It's so overrated....

Pseudo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Then you're drinking the wrong stuff.

Yeah, The Glenlivet goes alright, the standard ones I don't like much.

If we want to talk overrated booze:

Gin.

Now you're definitely drinking the wrong stuff. Go to the Bond Store at Wallaroo and you can taste some liquid gold.
by gadj1976
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spring Carnival Wrap

BR All up win

R1 2
R2 3
R5 5
R6 4
R8 9

$10

AR 1 5 $15 win.
by gadj1976
Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

A movie on Fox last night called Roboshark. The biggest load of butt jizz i have every seen. Lasted 10 minutes watching and my retinas are still paying the price today. I pay full tote odds to have all the fruit with Foxtel and they put garbage like that on. WTF!

Sometimes you can judge a book by it's cover. I mean "Roboshark"? That didn't alarm you at all?
by gadj1976
Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Soccer
Never have, never will

One of the few sports where you can lose the game but still be bouncing around the house 12 hours later because of 'that moment'.

Aussie soccer fans wont forget Craig Goodwins goal in a very long time.

Same can be said about Tim Cahil's goal against the Netherland and his goal against Japan.

Clearly, I'm missing something.
by gadj1976
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

WTF is this chick on about...

Lets get rid of Long Service Leave because Gen Z are job sluts :roll:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11467133/Long-service-leave-scrapped-according-workplace-coach.html

Isn't that the opposite of what should happen - shouldn't we incentivise staying in jobs longer?
by gadj1976
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2022

whufc wrote:hanging on for our life, guys showed courage but did go into their shelves.

Firstly, I doubt it and secondly, what does 'shelves' imply? :D
by gadj1976
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Punt Club wash up

Well lads, that’s a wrap for this year. We’ll sort the dividend returns this week. Thanks to all who were involved, nothing earth shattering but x2.5 on investment is not too shabby. Big thanks to Treasurer Dutchy for handling the finances and also Booney, who not only sourced the bookie account for us, but did pretty much all the work after Cup week (not to mention plenty during). Hope everyone enjoyed themselves, look forward to having another crack next year. Cheers lads

Thanks JK , Dutchy and Booney for their efforts again.
by gadj1976
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

I might be in the minority but that sort of score isn’t good viewing and isn’t good for cricket

I don't think you are.

Let's face it, there is only one result possible if the pitch stays this way. The game is already dominated by the bat and this does nothing to draw people to the game or back to the game.
by gadj1976
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My lad

Played community club cricket for several years. Opens the bat against some decent bowlers. Has to retire after a certain amount of balls and hardly ever gets to go back in but does the hard yards and others get to prosper.

He started playing district - playing whites - and after a lean patch, last week made some runs but had to bat two times because of a follow on but remained not out in the second dig.

Got promoted to the reds this week because of injury/absenteeism and slated to bat down the order.. Came in at no 7 when we were 5 fa stuff all and made 50no, reaching it in the last over of play. it's his highest score ever by a long way and to do it in reds is just awesome. So proud. His main sport is footy but this goes to show that if you pitch in, try hard and practice, anything is possible.

My daughter

Not her pet subject but got a B+ in English. By her own admission, she says "dad, I can't spell" so to get a B is a phenomenal effort.

We got her grade today and the lad made his runs today, so a proud household is this one tonight.

Thanks for allowing me to gloat for a minute as a proud parent.
by gadj1976
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

Does anybody know the session times for the Adelaide test off the top of their head?
2:30 - 4:30
5:15 - 7:15
7:45 - 9:45

At a guess It's scheduled to be 2.30-4.30, 5.10-7.10 and then 7.30-9.30 (Plus the extra half hour which will take the day to 10pm).

I'll just try and sit on a slow rate for the first session, perhaps 2-3 beers per hour before swinging to the gins for the middle session where hopefully I can get bogged down for a while in some deep conversation.

I nice fullish meal in-between sessions 2 and 3 should put me in good stead to come home with the bourbons with a couple of reds to round out the night for the last half an hour and then the half an hour waiting for the guests to leave.

A stroll across to Queens Head to finish the night off with two pints while waiting for an uber should be a good finish to the evening.

For memory I think I went on the Saturday last year with some seasoned drinkers and it was as hot AF, I reckon we all bailed midway through the last session, the sun hangs around for ages where our box is.

That sounds like a full day's play to me! Enjoy.
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Dutchy wrote:I think 12 years is more than enough, some clubs, including mine have a 8 year maximum period which I think is a good thing, Eddie did Collingwood no favours by hanging on too long. Time for Port to have a Chairman that is at least living in the state IMO

Serious question, why is that important?
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |