Search found 620 matches

Return

Re: Carlton

Yeah I get the angst and don't disagree with it, just wondering if he was still on supporter's "shit list"or whether more recent performances had earned him a level of redemption

better now I think. Most supporters I know have been pretty happy with him since the start of 2018 when his body and his on field leadership have shone through.
by gadj1976
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 20 - It's no joking matter

Hopefully they can keep it going in the finals, might only have to play the GF away from Queensland.
Would be good to see someone give it a RHG and take on either West Coast or Richmond.
Can't see anyone outside those three (maybe GWS if they ever get their shit together) giving it a shake.

They won't get close to Richmond in Melb or WCE in Perth, so they'd better hope for a favourable draw.... like they've had all year.
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

Alarm bells should be ringing at AFL house, for North to kick a record low score in this day and age and on the same night for Essendon to kick one for 98% of the game says scoring is still an issue.
Is it time for a drastic change in the way the premiership table works . Get rid of percentage and only count points for could be a good start. Don't give the under the roof excuse there is no real difference in scoring there as evidenced by Essendon last night. I just see that as no different to who you play twice instead of once which is more lopsided than where you play.
Look whats happened to the scoring of North, Carlton and St Kilda when there was no pressure on the interim coach. We have to change the way the game is coached, that will bring about far more watchable footy than most rule changes ever will. Mind you I still think prior opportunity should be gotten rid of, its either kick, handball or holding the ball, lets make it easy for the dummies in green

You really think that will change the way coaches coach? Zero chance.

I think we're over-coaching players. I've said before that we need to limit the time the guys are at the club and the amount of support coaches that are at clubs. There is tooooo much analysis going on. Let the boys play!
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Graham 'Polly' Farmer

That's one thing I wish - to be born earlier and see Farmer, Coleman and in a cricketing sense, Bradman in their prime. Obvioulsy footage doesn't do Farmer justice simply because there isn't enough of it.

These guys revolutionised their respective games.
by gadj1976
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

Teague named as Carlton coach.... another exhaustive search?

No but I don't think the options are that great either. We would be known as the coach killers, so why would you take us on if you were from another club?

Combined with the fact that Teague is now making a name for himself around the traps, we might as well sign him before someone else swoops.

I think it's a sound enough decision, going for someone on the inside, given that we've hired 3 'outsiders' and sacked 5 coaches in total in the past 17 odd years.
by gadj1976
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

JK wrote:How has Gibbons been going? Can he play a forward pressure role for the Blues?

no.

Better behind the ball than in front of it.
by gadj1976
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - The 9th prime number Round

Adelaide will get flogged. The Bulldogs are playing the best footy of all the teams at the moment, with Brisbane close behind. Adelaide aren't. Bullies by a lot and put the Crows into hibernation.

Carlton hopefully will fight it out and set up a good preseason for 2020.

Go Blues.
by gadj1976
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

That four from Harris second ball was a deadset no-ball by about an inch.
Why aren’t all deliveries checked?

Because the ICC are a bunch of useless %^*(*&^$%^S

Its a JOKE they're only checked upon a wicket falling

Correct. Umpires are a waste of time. They don't even bother with no balls or run outs any more. And it's showing in the quality of decisions.
by gadj1976
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - The 9th prime number Round

Now every call is play on.

Cripps barely had time....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yes... expected though.

Tough day in the office for Teague but great learning experience for him and the team. Disappointing way to go out but nonetheless I'm still buoyant for next season. Go Blues. Best of luck to the Cats in the finals whey were way way way too good today and showed us where we need to be.
by gadj1976
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

MW wrote:I'm glad certain Adelaide supporters have allowed you to grow your hatred

Hatred is too harsh a word.

That's kept for Collingwood and Essendumb.
by gadj1976
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Booney wrote:This is fascinating to watch unfold.

I agree! After months of us apparently making the wrong decision with the draft pick/swap for Stocker, now I can sit back and watch this all play out.
by gadj1976
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Head has 3rd highest average for the team in the series, it’s not great but still miles better than Warner

Head's technique this series has been terrible. Plants his front foot straight down the pitch against right armers bowling around the wicket, leaving a huge gap between bat and pad. I watched him the other night and thought it was only time before he got given out LBW, inside edge/bowled or bowled. I was right.
by gadj1976
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale Robert Oatey

Wow, very sad. Legend of our game.
by gadj1976
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Betts to Carlton seems to be gaining traction - and Jacobs to GWS!

I'm really surprised Gold Coast aren't making waves (pun) in the market with guys like this. They missed out on Burgoyne but surely the Daisy Thomas's or even Ballantyne would be worth a shot. At least they might be able to teach the kids a few things.
Daisy, yes, Ballantyne, no for mine, they don't need a dickhead like that up there.

I can see them doing a Port and picking up everyone else's scraps, I don't think it's a bad thing, if they can fill a few holes with some experience without breaking the bank and then get some games into some kids, they have a long road ahead, it's one that looks like it heads to the edge of a cliff but when you were 3-1 there's gotta be some positives, losing the next 18 though.

I agree. If you're picking up delisted/retired players for nix, why not? You could do worse. They've got a heap of kids playing for them who aren't quite up to it and like Carlton, if they got a Betts who can teach some of the kids how to play that position - that's not a bad thing is it?

For all the criticism I gave Daisy he did play well the last two seasons and could bring a few blokes up to speed in that position on the Gold Coast.
by gadj1976
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Don't you love free agency...
They need to hurry up and bring the full FA model in where clubs can trade against the players wishes.

Or scrap the entire thing which would be better for all concerned.
by gadj1976
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5 & 9 for Daniher is massive overs or a guy who hasn't played in 2 years.
Even just 5 is.
Papley for 9 shows how much this draft is rated
In general I find drafts over-rated , there are so many diamonds in the rough and many early picks end up not amounting to much, I'd take a proven early 20's player in a heartbeat over a draft pick in the teens, obviously the first few picks are important and almost "ready to play" players but after that they can be hit and miss.

I'll just go put my helmet on now.

HOORAY, someone agrees with me! This is 100% spot on. Taking a proven player with pick 5-20 is much better than someone in the draft IMO. At least you know what you're going to get. Kids in the draft are generally an unknown quantity outside the top few in a really good draft year.
by gadj1976
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Boxed Tris tomorrow

MR1: 3, 4, 7, 8, 9
MR2: 3, 6, 7, 8
MR3: 1, 3, 4, 9
MR4: 2, 3, 7, 9
MR5: 1, 2, 4, 5
MR6: 3, 7, 8, 13
MR7: 1, 2. 4, 8
MR8: 1, 2, 5, 8
MR9: 1, 4, 6, 10, 12, 14, 18, 19
MR10: 6, 7, 8, 9, 11

SR1: 1 , 2, 8, 9, 10
SR2: 2, 3, 4
SR3: 2, 4, 5, 8
SR4: 3, 4, 7, 12
SR5: 1, 3, 13, 14
SR6: 1, 2, 5, 13
SR7: 1, 2, 11
SR8: 1, 2, 3
SR9: 1, 3 , 12, 14
SR10: 10, 11, 12

BR1: 1, 2, 3
BR2: 1 , 4, 6
BR3: 1, 2, 6
BR4: 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
BR5: 3, 8, 9, 10
BR6: 3 , 5, 6, 7
BR7: 2, 8, 10
BR8: 1, 3, 4, 7
BR9: 7, 8, 9, 12
BR10: 3, 10 , 15

Winners in bold
by gadj1976
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SuperCoach Spring Carny 2019

Penultimate Roadie is in FWIW.
by gadj1976
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Wedgie wrote:Vale Roger Cardwell who passed away today.

He was from the era when Roger Cardwell was reading the news on Ch 9, Lionel Williams was on day time programs on Ch10. Anne Willis, Dean Davis, Robin Roenfeldt....doyens of Adelaide TV growing up. I miss those days.
by gadj1976
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Jim05 wrote:Collingwood v Essendon ANZAC Day is being moved to a 4:10pm start and Hawthorn will play West Coast in Launceston at 1:10pm ANZAC Day

Can someone tell me, why the fascination with twilight games?
by gadj1976
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Rule Changes for 2020

The removal of the third man up rule is disgraceful. Removing it ensures there is stoppage after stoppage with little likelihood of a clearance if a dominant ruckman needs it to become congested.
by gadj1976
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SuperCoach Spring Carny 2019

Good comp lads. I learnt a lot. I'll be back better next year*

*possibly exactly the same, more likely more mediocre.
by gadj1976
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:=)) =)) =)) =))

That advocates for paying someone to cut your hair.
by gadj1976
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Cyclists on footpaths **** off or use your bell at least ffs

Ha! This is quite funny. I got abused by another cyclist last night on the way home last night. I rang my bell twice in the leadup to overtaking this (clearly older) bloke and he abused me for ringing it 'aggressively' and then chased me up the pathway along the Torrens. He said "I'm sick of you pricks", I said "mate, all I was doing was making sure you knew i was passing and not to veer out". He then berated me, which I didn't hear properly and then sped up and sat alongside me. At this point I thought he was going to push me into the river! I kept riding up a hill at which point he passed me, then stopped suddenly right in front of me and said "so you right d***head? I said "whats your problem buddy?". His retort "piss off ya hairy legged wanchor". I just laughed and said adios!

It's the first time a bell would've ever been called 'aggressive'. ya gotta laugh.

So you can't win. Mind you it's the first time in 7 years anyone has had a go at me ringing my very macho sounding bell! ;-)

Anyway, my further point is that when I get to Paradise bus station, there is a bike lane just up the road and the number of people that walk or jog in the bike lane toward me, is amazing! There is a wide footpath just next to it but yet they have to use the bike lane - AND they don't move when I get close to them. They just look at me. Etiquette people!
by gadj1976
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've got a blackbooker running tomorrow. Annandale, Traralgon R4.

Ran on well last start and got held up on the rails. Should go ok.
by gadj1976
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Payment to register to play

$10 for juniors. Reason? Crowds are down at Adelaide Oval.
by gadj1976
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cars

Updated pics from Saturday.
by gadj1976
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Fundraiser Idea's

ladies day
past players day
reverse bingo
quiz nights
junior disco

all tend to be winners from what I've seen

I should add. We introduced a fundraising levy in 2017 to all junior football players (obviously paid by parents) because what we found was that if we organised a fundraiser for any event, only 10% would participate. So we decided as a junior committee to 'spread the load' across the entire constituent. What that did was bring forward the funds - it was paid before the season started as proposed to drip feeding the funds through throughout the year, as we received those funds up front, but also relieved 'tired' committee staff from chasing people for fundraising chocolates, organising attendance at Bunnings BBQ's, attendance at club functions, etc, etc. We received ZERO complaints from our membership when we said we were not going to push chocolates, raffle tickets, lucky squares and so on.
by gadj1976
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/83444406_2493294217555131_2472682104748507136_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=jjBAjJFC4LQAX8wki9a&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=3f6ddf92f3d221bf729159b1cbdafa8c&oe=5EC5137E

Now this would be awesome! I saw You Am I in Melbourne in about 2001 and it was one of the best concerts I've seen. Great band with awesome songs.
by gadj1976
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olsen gone finally

It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.

You can be the best bloke with the best intentions, but if the mantra from within the organisation is that the AFL oversees the SANFL and will provide guidelines and policies for which within they will work, then yes, I'll stay sceptical. That person, no matter how good their integrity and loyalty is, they'll be fighting a losing battle.
by gadj1976
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So older Junior Jase has been talking up how.much bigger, stronger and faster he is than me these days and he was needling me so much that Australia Day we had a sprint from one end of the.local oval to the other...

Now he's a couple of inches taller than me and he's a wirey BUGGER so he's got me in the strength area as well but there is no way he's faster than me...

Mrs Jase just shook her head and we started the race... Junior was a yard ahead of me after 50m but I hadn't tuned the jets on, hit the gas and bang bang, both Hammies have near exploded...

Mrs Jase looked at me, rounded up the kids and walked home...

I had to shuffle the 600m home, Mrs did come.and pick me up half way home, gave me the frozen peas and then just quietly sniggered as she messaged her friends about he idiot husband...

This is me yesterday...

Stupid old age... :)

Similar story....

Took U14 girls training. Warmed up, did everything and the body felt pretty good (for an old fart). I asked the girls to pick the cones up at the end of training. She said "race you to the cone". Ego took hold. I took off, chased her down, got two steps from the cone and BANG.... hammy blows out. I had a committee meeting straight afterward and by crikey I'd forgotten how difficult it is to sit down with a torn hammy.

Then I get home and get a lecture "you're nearly 50 and you're trying to race a 13 year old!". Hmm, crash, down to earth.

Many bags of ice later, I am back on the bike but I still can't run or kick a footy.
by gadj1976
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFooty Season 2020 AFL Drinking Game

Not sure it should be a shot or a round.

Whenever anyone from AFL media call the sport "AFL" instead of Aussie Rules.
by gadj1976
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A mate has a horse running around in Newcastle tomorrow (R4 I think) no, 3. Buba. Should go ok.
by gadj1976
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you ok?

I'm a candidate for losing my job albeit temporarily. But I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I expect a lot of people to lose their income stream permanently which worries me more than my own dilemma.

In my opinion the banks need to pull back. This is the most stressful times I've ever seen and am likely to see. I just hope there is some compassion otherwise we as a society will be in a collective world of pain and grief for goodness knows how long. Given that unemployment will likely go thru the roof, the chances of suicide rates increasing are high in my opinion.

There are no chances of seeking redeployment for those unemployed. For me I have to tough it out. Is it mentally stimulating? No. Sitting at home each day not knowing when the next pay cheque will come thru is horrible. And I'm one of the lucky ones. We need to put our collective arms around each other and make sure we are ok. One in all in as they say.

#inforthelonghaul
by gadj1976
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Syndicate bets this week;

MR 9 8 win third

SR 5 12 win sh*thouse
SR 10 9 win sh*thouse

Others;

SR2 9 win at 6.20 the tote
SR9 8 no good
SR10 1 whoops, wrong bet given I had the 9 for the win above!

MR3 6 fourth
MR6 5 sh*thouse
MR7 8 win at 4.00 the tote
MR8 12 win at 4.90 the tote
by gadj1976
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Tim Brooke-Taylor of Goodies fame dies from the Coronavirus aged 79 [emoji17]

Cant believe it, who doesn't love string? :(

Everybody loves string.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-lyA2id5aY
by gadj1976
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

cracka wrote:Actually the scary thing I'm seeing/hearing is "she warned us" or "she was right all along" regarding Pauline Hanson.

But she was. Says lots doesn't it.
by gadj1976
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Cousins

Typical. All I keep hearing is blame the lawyer, blame the ex missus, blame Ch7, blame Basil. What about accepting responsibility Ben. FFS, f***ed up druggie.

Till he stops blaming everyone else he'll never accept get over it.
by gadj1976
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

If you want things open, but not downloading the app then its clear you don't want things open that badly.

Rightly or wrongly the government and health officials are going to put some faith in a certain % of the population having this app to reopen.

Thanks for reminding me - downloading it now.

To those that think people are spying, if you have FBook or Google, more spying will occur on these apps rather than the Covid one itself.
by gadj1976
Fri May 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had a couple of $800 trifectas before but should've had a good payday at Morphettville one day.

Saturday afternoon, nice weather, we were upstairs drinking some refreshing ales. The next at Morphettville was about 10 mins away.

Missus says "I like the 13, I'm going to put $5 on it.". I was reading the form and said "me too, I'm going to put $10 ew on it as well". She said "well I've gotta go to the loo, so I'll do it while I'm gone" and get a beer on the way back for you". Cool!

She comes back with a bookies ticket between her fingers and cold beers in hand. Bewdy!

Race starts and the horse STREAKS down the middle of the track and wins at $141 and I'm carrying on like no mans business. I look over and she's smirking.

"Umm, why are you looking at me like that?" I said. "ahh, because it was such long odds I only put $5 ew on it". I was disappointed but did the sums, it was still a nice collect. She said "wait, you haven't heard the worst. I got it at $41s with the bookies"

**** me! I think I worked out instead of $2200 we got $220 and I still don't think I've got my $20 bucks back!

FYI: Rural Forest, I believe it was it's only win ever!

Had this one not too long ago, cant remember reasonable win ever feeling like such a loss lol

That's sh1thouse. Fixed odds kill me every single time.
by gadj1976
Sat May 02, 2020 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

I'm watching the 94 SOO, much much better footy to watch than today's junk.
by gadj1976
Fri May 01, 2020 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I restarted using Betfair today and given that I normally bomb 100 per week (!) I decided to start backing my own tips as losers.

I'm up for the day!

WOO HOO
by gadj1976
Sat May 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

60 minutes.

Used to be a good, hard hitting journalistic piece. Rubbish now, especially after the Kyle fatbloke blowhard piece.
by gadj1976
Sun May 24, 2020 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Only a few decades behind here, but I watched (I think for the first time*) Blues Brothers on Netflix.

Well worth the couple of hours.

*I have seen the car chases before, but not the entire movie start to finish.
by gadj1976
Sun May 31, 2020 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

allowing us to schedule 12 minor rounds up until mid-September followed by finals for the 36 premiership divisions

Oh how I envy the kids playing finals in mid to late Sept. The smell of freshly cut ovals and spring when the footy is still on. Almost enough for me to pull on the boots again. Although with the speed of the game I doubt I'd get a game in my sons u11's.
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Spangas wrote:It's certainly cold riding my bike to work this week.

I can vouch for that. Parafield has been -2 and nearly -2 the past two mornings when I've left for work.

A mate of mine in Canberra used to ride 38km one way in rain hail and snow. I have a new found respect for the bloke.
by gadj1976
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cancel Culture

Magellan wrote:Given Chris Lilley's 'blackface' efforts have been canned, I'm wondering if the offense extends to 'whiteface', such as this effort by Eddie Murphy:

[youtube]N3jx4WIUYy4[/youtube]

No no, this is humour.
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Have you considered a price limit on how high you'd lay them at?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

No. Not really because I only lay what I think can't win.
by gadj1976
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 4 - For those still playing along at home

Get over it you sooky lala's, you won the game,

Jim can say what he likes. No reason anyone has to like the opposition or wish them well. Enough of that bullshit goes on amongst the players these days. There's no passion anymore, its a job for the players and coaches. The only ones with passion and loyalty are the fans.
Everytime we play Geelong i hope Selwood gets his head ripped off and concussed for a week and somebody makes Hawkins drink through a straw for a month so that smile gets wiped off his face.

And that's what separates you from me. I NEVER want any opponent injured in any way. You'll note that I didn't say anything when Howe was injured last night despite hating/despising Collingwood.

Good on you for thinking that way. I'll keep that in mind.
by gadj1976
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 4 - For those still playing along at home

Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:Nothing like beating the scum [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope Silvagni enjoys it from his hospital bed

That's shit Jim
by gadj1976
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |