Search found 619 matches

Return

Re: Look-a-likes

One is Barry Morgan from Barry Morgan's World of Organs, one is the Full Forward for Essingdumb.
by gadj1976
Tue May 02, 2017 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt, my mates' horse just won at Balak. Paid 44 on the tote and I didn't have a cent on it.

He got it at 41 and then again at 83's. It was its first run and looked a decent mid field chance from barrier 17. Little did I realise!

And you chose to tell us now? :shock:

Yeh, tell me about it.....

I've tipped you into some pigs before, I didn't want another one on my hands. I would've felt better about it if I'd got 5 bucks on it at 101 which is what it was prior to scratchings

FRIGGEN HELL.

Drop and give us 20 mate

Thoroughly deserved!
by gadj1976
Wed May 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:
stampy wrote:grand annual not far away, on the the GE winner spying on you

What a race call lol

He's the best race caller. Very agricultural and hence he'll never get a gig in town but geez I love him!
by gadj1976
Thu May 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Our League has a new name!

New name same problem, website crashes under pressure :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I've just been told it's a national issue Locky, and the system isn't the leagues anyway.

If you're going to have a crack, at least have a crack at the right people ;)

Cool.

Who are the right people to have a crack at and we will duly raise the concern.
by gadj1976
Sat May 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mark Mickan

Sad, but a disease that can be managed and still live a reasonable quality of life with the right support which it seems will be the case. Good luck Rubbers.

I agree Dutchy of all the things to be diagnosed with, this isn't the worst. Whilst not great and I feel for Mark and his family, I can relay on a good story. Close family friends - their father has Parkinson's and was unable to tie shoelaces or hold a cup of coffee. He underwent surgery - where they wake you up during the procedure, implant some thing into the brain which stops the shaking and they have now steadied his hand from shaking completely.

This is an amazing turn around for a man that considered never being able to do anything himself, to leading a normal life thereafter. Simply amazing.
by gadj1976
Tue May 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

I'm sure everyone will be happy to know the umpire we had tonight - aged approx 18, was absolutely awesome. Paid marks where there was a two handed intent to mark, paid smothering and there wasn't one instance of stripping the ball. There was no need for him to clarify or seek to know the rules. He knew them. He came ready to umpire U8's as we expected. Awesome effort lad.
by gadj1976
Fri May 12, 2017 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Falling Attendances

Died in the wool Sturt supporter, but I'd rather travel 5 mins down the road to watch a Div 1 ammo game than pay to go and see an SANFL game at the moment.

Location, cost, standard of footy and having a beer with mates are high on my list of priorities when considering what game to watch.
by gadj1976
Fri May 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wildcard Weekend

I think playing finals for top 18 is a better idea. It means all teams will still strive to make the best position possible. Start the finals in March and run them thru till Sept.

Or you could just keep it as it is and say 'stiff shit' to teams that couldn't make the task of making finals legetimately. Realistically we don't need top 8 either but that won't stop the boffins from further aligning the competition with the US and ruining it even more.

Just in case I haven't been clear....I'm not for the idea.
by gadj1976
Mon May 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst team names

I heard this on Melbourne radio. During an interview with Clayton Oliver from Melbourne, he mentioned that he played against the Congupna footy team. Bill Brownless said "the roads?". Yep, they are the roads. Their guernsey is a sash design with a road on it!
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12

Carlton by 4 points at the last change

They couldn't could they?
I hope so

Phark yeh we did!

Absolutely sensational to see too. My little bloke, who's 8 was so excited with the win and then even more excited when we hit 16th on the ladder :? Imagine if we're ever decent??

We had a group of us at the Coopers Alehouse screaming the place down in the last 3 minutes. Group hugs and high fives ensued as we got over the line.

I really went to the pub thinking if we play well we can get within 8 goals but they burnt the ball going forward. Patton is either injured or can't turn right at all. Cameron was well held and the defence in general did a fantastic job.

Go us, stuff the rest of yas, I'm happy after 4 wins (easily pleased hey?) so anything after this is a bonus.

Great season to date with anyone able to beat anyone on any given day. I just hope that rings true in a few weeks when I go to Melbourne to see the Blues play Adelaide. :lol:
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pakistan Star the $1.20 fav dug his heels in today resuming from a break to finish a long long last
Sportsbet refunded punters who backed it.

I watched the last 600m waiting for the sprint home. And waited and waited and waited. Bloke next to me at the pub took the pick 4 without PS and cleaned up.
by gadj1976
Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

Wedgie wrote:What penalties did the Carlton player who was holding onto Houli illegally and the Melbourne diver get?
These are the ones Id be punishing.

Just a sleep in the middle of the MCG for his actions.

Wegs you've lost it.
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 12

VALE PARK wrote:Why bother telecasting a game when there is little interest in the contest?

I turned it over to Ch 7 and saw it was Port vs Adelaide and turned it back over. The test pattern holds more interest.
by gadj1976
Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pets

BUMP

In about 2001 I lived in Melbourne and used to walk around the areas where I worked, North Melbourne, West Melbourne, Abbotsford, Fitzroy, Collingwood. There were a heap of people walking dogs and I fell in love with Pugs, simply from crossing paths with people who walked theirs.

Because I lived by myself in an apartment at the time, I couldn't get one as it wasn't fair on the dog.

Now I've got two kids 8 and 10, I've FINALLY managed to get my hands on one! And he's adorable.

He's 11 weeks old and has thrown the house into chaos but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Here's Max.
by gadj1976
Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Getting back on track with Caro and now you mention our ex-chairman JB....

How wrong she was with this article and one of the few times I've heard her say "I was wrong" and apologised.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/messy-james-20110214-1atnf.html

I started reading this (thanks for the link) and realised why I don't read any of her stuff any longer.

Spiteful rubbish that serves no purpose other than to embarrass herself.
by gadj1976
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm voting YES to LPH's spring form.

Yes LPH

BTW, our new nag is having it's first run at Murray Bridge on Sunday. Blazing Bullet is running in race 3 (I think), barrier 10. Knowing our luck it will be 2 dollar favourite. It's had a couple of jump outs and done ok. Against some more mature gallopers might be a different story.
by gadj1976
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

I'm 47. I've been to 4 or 5 grand finals dating back to 1998 and been a supporter of Sturt since about '75. My lad, who's 8 has been to three games, two that he can remember, the 2016 GF and the 2017 GF. We think he might be the omen!
by gadj1976
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm voting YES to LPH's spring form.

Yes LPH

BTW, our new nag is having it's first run at Murray Bridge on Sunday. Blazing Bullet is running in race 3 (I think), barrier 10. Knowing our luck it will be 2 dollar favourite. It's had a couple of jump outs and done ok. Against some more mature gallopers might be a different story.

Race 2. Couldn't win if it was in Race 3 and started in Race 2. Horrible.
by gadj1976
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

I've taken Adelaide 60+, Adelaide 39+, Adelaide 24.5+ and will put another 10 on 90+ if the weather is ok, just so Richmond win.
by gadj1976
Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Has there ever been such a shit, uninspiring, one sided Finals series such as this one? Apart from the Port v West Coast game which was shit as well, was just the closeness of the scores that made it interesting, all the games were over by early in the 3rd quarter if not at qtr time.

Amazing how on the back of just 1 loss after being the best team all year that Crows supporters are bagging so many of their players for not being up to it and need to get rid of half the team. :roll:

Great post. The finals series was the most boring one ever. Not one decent game to watch.
The whole season was like this imo , mainly due to the middle tier sides (stk ess melb wce port footscray) who played well one week but were mediocre the next and very few epic, desperate games among them as though they didn't really care about the opportunity to finish top 4 when the opening was there, the wce/melb game excepted.

I wanted Adelaide to win because i thought they were the only decent side and Richmond just the best of the bad bunch referred to, but i was wrong and hats off to Richmond, can't do any more than comprehensively beat the three sides in front of you.

Really, I thought it was the most even for many years. Any team could beat any on any given day. Were those teams any good, no, I don't think so but it gave us nuffies something to cheer about on days when you'd consider slashing your wrists in a warm bath as a positive alternative.
by gadj1976
Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which Chocolate?

I'm happy for everyone else to disregard white chocolate, so I can have it to myself. Milky bars are my fave.
by gadj1976
Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our Donkey, Blazing Bullet runs again Wednesday at Gawler in race 3. No idea if will do any better than last start. I'll await instructions from Jolly.
by gadj1976
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gadj1976 wrote:Our Donkey, Blazing Bullet runs again Wednesday at Gawler in race 3. No idea if will do any better than last start. I'll await instructions from Jolly.

Race 3 no 3, 9.50 currently on Ubet.
by gadj1976
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cricket restructured

Cricket Australia lost me a few years ago. No cricket on Saturday's, focus on 20/20. Money grabbing swines.
by gadj1976
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's been a while since I've tried to publicly ridicule myself by putting tips up. I had a decent week last week so I thought I'd share my tips this week.

M2 3 Counterplay
M3 5 Hiyaam
M8 17 Lord Fandango (good winner for me last week)
M10 8 Concealer

S4 2 Admiral Jello

B5 2 Bullpit (hiding now up on the Gold Coast)
B7 15 Nakanai
B9 9 Torgersen
by gadj1976
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LPH wrote:Only 2 races (R4 & R6) @ Morphettville have 3 dividends paid today... Sad state of affairs

Yet they won't bring in any new blood to freshen up the ideas. I really truly hope the place shuts down. Actually, the sooner the better.
by gadj1976
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

I don't know what to say. The kid is a gun. To lose him after parting ways with Gibbs is a double whammy that we just didn't need. It will mean that if we draft a midfield bull he could get a game straight away. What it doesn't do is help our back 6 out. If something happens to Simmo during the season, we're in more strife than the early settlers.
by gadj1976
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2017/2018

The BBL. C grade bowlers bowling to C grade batsman, A grade fielders.

The comp is made up of rubbish players playing 'exciting' cricket. Gimme a break.
by gadj1976
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

woodublieve12 wrote:Good to see someone celebrate a ton and not carry on like a goose

I agree. After 2000 and something days, he had every right to. He didn't. He showed decorum. Good on him. I have a lot of respect for the guy now. Warner carried on like a tool on day 1 after being lucky on 99.
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 1

Good crowd there today. Not sure of the standard because I didn't seen any other Round 1 games but both teams were a bit sketchy.

We were lucky to get away with the 2 points in the end IMO.

On another note, my lad played in the mini league today. Unfortunately for us he played for the Legs. But the Norwood guys looked after our lads really well.
by gadj1976
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 1

Good crowd there today. Not sure of the standard because I didn't seen any other Round 1 games but both teams were a bit sketchy.

We were lucky to get away with the 2 points in the end IMO.

On another note, my lad played in the mini league today. Unfortunately for us he played for the Legs. But the Norwood guys looked after our lads really well.
Bit mean keeping them in a cage though ;)

Animals JTC... animals.
by gadj1976
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

Got my hopes up for no reason, the AFL said its still starting at 2.30pm. :evil:

I for one don't understand the fascination with the game being a twilight or night grand final. It seems the reason we're doing it is because of the spectacle at half time. When I'm at games or at home, I use half time to go and do something else. I'm not there for a concert. Why do we have to follow the American's with everything we do!
by gadj1976
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wanted to borrow

No it's for a dress up party. I'm going to try and offend as many people as possible.
by gadj1976
Sat May 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - A modern Marvel

GWS are proof that draft picks do not make a partnership team . End of story.
interesting term "partnership team"
I'm not upto date with the new footy lingo.

the AFL must be absolutely shattered about their golden child getting beaten up by the "more than likely druggies"

Haha bloody auto correct!

I caught up with new lingo the other day.

Goog. 'Full as a goog' apparently has a different meaning these days. God I'm old.

Go blues
by gadj1976
Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

Novel idea. LEAVE THE GAME ALONE....

End of thread

Yeah if youre happy with soccer scorelines and rugby scrums, being a Sydney fan you probably are.
The 05 and 06 GFs ****** football forever, now needs drastic change

Well said.

Everyone lauds the occasional high scoring games except coaches. We need to make sure the coaches can't bugger the game up more than they already have.
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why does high scoring equal better game

Personally I would rather watch a 60-66 close tussle than a 130-90 one sided game

People who don’t passionately support a soccer team don’t understand the thrill of a 0-0 draw.

You know the excitement, tenseness and passion of the last quarter in an Aussie rules game where the level at 3/4 time (yeah I know it’s very rare Aussie rules games are still in the balance at that point) That’s the last 30 minutes of a nil draw. You know where every next possession could be ‘that’ possession, the one that brings unbridled joy. Yes when the final whistle goes at 0-0 there is that moment of deflation but then you remember the last 90 minutes 90 emotions

You got it in one. I don't support soccer because 0-0 draws are as boring as bat shit.

I enjoy 66-60 games but the style of game I don't enjoy. 130 vs 124 I think is the epitome of AFL supporters.
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our nag Blazing Bullet goes round at Morphettville tomorrow. We will need a bit of give in the track.
by gadj1976
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Can't we all play together?

Q. wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Q. wrote:How many weeks for Daisy Thomas?

And contract voided

we can only hope.

Good effort today without our CHB, Ruck and CHF (the latter two for the second half). Curnow is going to be a gun.

I was impressed by the endeavour. Our problem is backing that up week in week out.
by gadj1976
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Bloody hell, bragging after the event.....

Well done!!!
Get a photo for the bar!

Na... spud...and I can't sand the trainer.
by gadj1976
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

All shit. Seriously just pack up this shit and send over to Tassie.

that'll fix it..... :roll: Or maybe a more sensible approach is to replace the coaching and development staff.

So.... let's just take a breath for a second.

Buckley had 5 years of mediocrity and gets extended. Hardwick had 7 years of the same and gets extended.

We sack coaches and go nowhere. We've turned over 42 players in 3 years so in essence this is almost a first year team under Bolton...but the answer is to sack the coach?

i think the proof is that if you think you've got the right coach, give him a chance. And for us, given where we have come from, a chance isn't 3 years, it's 5 at least!

Development staff yes, I hope they've been shown the door.
by gadj1976
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 - How's the symmetry; how's the serenity!

Cameron got 5 with a terrible record.
Gaff will get 5 down to 4.
Both intentional, high Impact

The AFL of course have themselves to blame. These jumper punches that allow only a fine make it 'ok' for blokes to throw punches and get away with it. If they scrubbed them out completely then people wouldn't throw punches at all which means they wouldn't 'accidentally' hit people high.

He deserves 8 only because the comp needs to stop those stupid 'accidental' punches... but they wont.
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 - How's the symmetry; how's the serenity!

Gaff has flown to Melbourne to be at the tribunal tonight.

When he landed the AFP loaded him into a car and took him from the tarmac to his accommodation.

Did they think there was going to be a lynch mob waiting for him?

Who suggests that?

Who pays for that?

So that crap by Mark Stevens on twitter was legit? I owe him an apology :oops: :lol:
You're not alone there MW.
Thats just plain ridiculous and over the top.

The AFL might've done that thinking 'we' care more than we do (the general populous) by trying to heckle or cajole him at the airport. Generally the populous don't care for retribution for instances like that, we're after justice which will be rightly served (I hope). If it doesn't, then there could be retribution!
by gadj1976
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Well done to Modbury's Sienna Yarwood finishing 3rd in the U12's girls zone 1 SANFL medal. Sienna missed 4 games in her first year of football. Hayley Taheny also from Modbury won the U16 girls medal whilst being eligible for U14's.
by gadj1976
Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Compared to 2017, AFL TV ratings are falling even faster ... down 13.9 percent to the end of round 9,

People are dropping off. If you think there isn't a problem with the product the AFL put out, good for you. They're an entertainment business, and AFL isn't entertaining for me anymore.

I think this is my problem. If you change the rules, is it attracting people back to the game, or lessoning the likelihood of people leaving? Or, like me, will it turn people away because it's not the game I grew up loving?

The AFL need to consider - the rule changes coming in (whatever they are) will they attract new people to the game, or attract people that they'd previously lost to the game, back?
by gadj1976
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Finals Week 1

Father's day tomorrow. No AFL today. Why weren't the SANFL finals played today?
by gadj1976
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals

And we got Chris Scott till end of 2022 or something ******* painful......**** me.
We are shit.
We have a horrid Plan A

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I do wonder where Geelong are going to go from here. Aging list, their young talent isn't as good as they might've hoped. I wonder where the improvement will come from.

They've put all their eggs in the Ablett basket this year. Unless they get a good mid and can push him forward next year I don't think they can make the 8.
by gadj1976
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

Gallant effort so far this year.

Goldy and Treloar getting through is a bonus.

Will be better for the run. Treloar looked very nervous kicking.

And Goldy didn't look like it was his first game of the year.

I think we can beat GWS at home, then we should be cherry ripe for Richmond.

There was a social media site - might've been this one earlier in the year asking who you'd like in your team - politics and tradability issues aside. Goldy. I've heard him on social media previously and he sounds like a great bloke. Not only that, but to come back from such an injury in 'x' months ahead of schedule is admirable. To play the way he did, in a final, is just out-rightly praiseworthy.
by gadj1976
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL delistings / retirements

I think Gaz is being remembered for his 2018 form rather than the body of work over the years. If I were in Geelong's shoes, I would've politely said "no" to bringing him back because of their squad. They'd just moved on Bartel, Johnson, Chapman etc and I saw this as a step backward, however he's an out and out champ. I don't think he was the game changer his dad was, but nonetheless brilliant in his own right.
by gadj1976
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Wedgie wrote:I hope everyone joins us North supporters in having a minutes silence at the 19 minute mark of the Grand Final in sympathy for Eagles supporters.

If the game goes for 119 minutes we will also spend 119 seconds thinking about Power supporters. God bless them.

AND you win by 19 points.
by gadj1976
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

Not saying they did @bombers4eva more saying it for future changes to the rule, as suggested by @Hondo.
by gadj1976
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |