Search found 619 matches

Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2013

I didn't watch all of the game, but enough to see some very bizarre decisions by the umpire- 2 Geelong players consecutively should have been pinged for holding-the-ball, when the ball eventually spilled out to an unsuspecting Port player, who was gang-tackled (with no prior)- Holding the ball!
It's this lack of consistency with umpires that turns me off the game- sure players make mistakes, but they are made accountable (benched/dropped/given a spray/de-listed even), but not umpires, as they're untouchable.

yeh, there were some strange ones. As an impartial I thought Port got the rougher end of the pineapple but I don't think it made the difference in the final result.

That one you speak of Punk was bewildering. The Josh Hunt holding the ball I thought was let go a few weeks ago when I saw multiple instances of people dropping the ball like that and it was called play on. Because there are so many opportunities to watch games of football, the inconsistency becomes stark. 20 or 30 years ago, with only the sporadic game on TV and not replayed constantly thru the week made inconsistencies seem invisible to the general public.

I sent a message to my Port mates saying "LET IT GO UMPIRES FFS" because again they seem to want to intervene for no reason other than to over-officiate.

There really needs to be a review done at years' end. Hopefully Evans takes hold of the place and gets rid of Gieschen. I feel sorry for the umpires if this bloke is in charge because he blurs any clear lines that have been set by the rules committee (if any!). Push in the back for example.
by gadj1976
Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

having a split round for round 1 is anti-climactic IMO.

I don't want to ease into the footy season, I want it to smash me in the head and make me wake up to the realisation it's footy season again.
by gadj1976
Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Chiropractor near Marion?

That's what physio's do.

IMO:
Chiro's = quacks
Physio's = professionals

PhysioExtra, Marion Rd opposite the pub
Physio Action Brighton Rd Hove
Physio Solutions Brighton Rd South Brighton

it's interesting isn't it....If it wasn't for chiro's I wouldn't be walking today

IMO it's the type of chiro you get that makes the difference. Yes, 1 might be a shonk but then that will go for any practitioner group.

For what it's worth, I've used physio's to rehabilitate my shoulder after I did it playing footy. I used one on my knee and he was extracting dollars out of my wallet for no good at all. He said that I had muscular issues in the knee when I had torn the cartildge. So I see benefit in physio's for muscular, tendon and ligament problems, chiro's for structural and nerve issues.
by gadj1976
Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Tas

RustyCage wrote:Hopefully he relaxes once he gets his first one

I know I did.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant a blowie....
by gadj1976
Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Duigan's retirement is part of Mick's cunning plan to promote Wood!
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Good, I think the same of Mick too.
Sick of reading your negative shit !
Either support the club and the people they have put in place to be successful or piss off elsewhere ........

FIG, or should I call you Lemming?

I'm allowed my opinion. I've hated the bloke and his latin speaking bulltwang from his West Coast days. So am I supposed to change my mind because he's coaching my team?

He's not the messiah, he's just a very egotisical w*nker.

BTW, I support my team. I don't always agree with decisions made at the top level (ie, sacking Ratten) but it doesn't stop me sticking up for Carlton at every opportunity, however you won't hear man love for the grey headed old prick.
by gadj1976
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Car Industry

Sorry to throw the political element in but I don't get how Abbott is responsible for this though. The industry has been unsustainable for ages.

Do we blame the government that reduced tariffs on imported vehicles, the government that got us to an economic climate that make manufacture too expensive in this country, do we blame the unions for forcing wages up, do we blame the Labor government for bringing in the carbon tax (thereby shooting already labouring donkey) or do we blame Abbott for not "upping" the bail out package? For me, I can't blame Abbott because I'm always critical of throwing ridiculous amounts of money on business cases that lose money hand over fist.

Now if he'll just reduce funding on the arts and defence!
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who's got a Solar Power System installed?

We got our system in July and have recently had days of 33 and 34kwh peaking at 36.5.

And yesterday we got our first real quarterly bill. $44.18. Stoked!
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: David Hookes ... 10 years on

As i've said two my mates with the recent spate of incidents... if it wasn't for the buffoon bouncer who hit Hookes (whether guilty or not), if he hadn't hit Hookes, he'd still be alive today.

The courts need to throw the book at these idiots.
by gadj1976
Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

That's the thing isn't it. Give us something to vote for, not a reason to vote against a party.
by gadj1976
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Umpiring was good.... wait. what?

I completely agree that the umpiring was much better. The rule that still needs to be 'fixed' IMO is the holding the ball where a guy takes possession (more often than not, on the ground) and gets jumped on by a heap of players. The ball gets held in and they get pinged. Shocking rule and does nothing for the game.
by gadj1976
Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The umpiring has been fantastic this week as well. I'm all for knocking them but this week has been a breath of fresh air. Yep, some frees missed but I can accept those, it's the ones like Lewis diving like he did that wasn't paid that makes the difference.

i would rather them miss some than pull some out of thin air, and i think most people would agree

Completely agree.

But you obviously disagree with yourself!
by gadj1976
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Umpiring atm is awesome compared to the SANFL. 10 years ago the SANFL was more atractive to watch than the AFL, its clearly the opposite now for footy fans.

there has been a massive transition from what we saw last year to this year. I'm putting that down to Mark Evans and the removal of Gieschen. Both elements have had an affect IMO.

Love watching the games now. I've only had to throw the remote at the TV 11 times this year, compared to 32 at the same time last year. Most of the 11 are Jeff Garlett, walkingintoanopengoal-related though.

Well I've thrown my remote more than you, Jarrad Waite, ******* muppet... :evil:

Yep, we're not good enough to be able to get the ball down there only to waste vital opportunities. I've stopped throwing my remote for instances where we miss set shots. Rather, I politely conduct a mini golf clap if we manage to squeeze one through the 7 metre gap between the big sticks. ie, not often.
by gadj1976
Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

To save keystrokes can we call the power reserves the 'preserves'?
by gadj1976
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2014

most people are/were. Good on them. Hate them with a passion, but still you have to admire them. Here is Malthouse saying he doesn't have the cattle at Carlton, yet St's are achieving 'this' with less talent at their disposal.
by gadj1976
Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

Unitab
Thought my account was closed off
Got a message on the net that i was prohibited from betting

Ends up being SA account holders are not allowed to bet on Good Friday
This is a state legislation
Government needs to catch up with the times ?
I got my bet on with an interstate Corporate Bookmaker without a problem

Mal, I still use Unitab for a quick form guide but if you don't log on for 30 days, you can't access it. So it means if you don't have an account, or haven't logged on for a while, you can't see the form guide. I said "do you realise that other websites encourage people to utilise the form guide, thereby attracting more people to their site?" The response I got back was that you have to be a member to see the form.

W-anchors.
by gadj1976
Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Matt Rendell - Racist or Realist?

I think his original comments were taken out of context. To your question, I think neither.

I think it would take a lot for a 16/17/18 yo to be taken out of their environment and automatically 'get' the AFL footballer lifestyle. The discipline and team meetings would drive me crazy.
by gadj1976
Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Kilburns football director will openly tell you was it $90k
Interesteing in todays paper was about a certain gentleman who is coming back to be Chairman and save the club
Wasnt he the same individual who was Chairman who appointed previous Coach who then went out and spent this $90k on players

I think Kilburn's plight was summed up in that article. They said "footballers cost more money these days" or something similar. No they don't, if you don't pay them.
by gadj1976
Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

The creserves vs the preserves? Hmm, the preserves, to outlast the creserves.
by gadj1976
Thu May 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

HH3 wrote:On the odd occasion I drink, it's Bundy or Jamison.

Won't drink beer unless there are no other alternatives.

Have been known to get on the Ouzo and raspberrys if Im in a good mood. Good fun.

Remind me not to shout you a drink anytime ever!
by gadj1976
Thu May 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

What sort of contract is daisy Thomas on??)
an overinflated one.
I know it's rich coming from a swans supporter but I reckon Carlton have wasted far to much for this bloke. At least Lance has the ability to win games for us...

mate, talk to any Carlton supporter, we didn't want him. Well, I'll rephrase that, if we could've got him bargain basement price, we'd take him. We've paid rolls royce prices for a broken down HQ station wagon.

It absolutely astounds me that teams have three big blokes in defence, like Frost, O'Keefe, Reid etc, etc and yet we have to put a bloke from Norwood, who plays forward in defence because we refuse to recruit for that position. Astounding!

Then, we have a chance to bundle up some "like" players to get Boyd in the no1 draft pick. And we don't bother, because we have "untouchables". Astounding.
by gadj1976
Fri May 02, 2014 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

carey wrote:I didn't realise how bad Carlton are.

We're not 16th for no reason.
by gadj1976
Fri May 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Weirdest thing you have seen on a football field

We played a game at Williamstown once where the frost didn't clear from the oval until around midday. Not quite snow but probably as close as you could get in SA

It's weird going from Adelaide to Canberra to play footy.

Playing B grade as I did, it gave new meaning to kicking the due off the grass. I found it odd that the guys would lather themselves in sunscreen before the game. We'd run out, and you couldn't see past half way, all you hear (when I was playing HBF and BP) was "it's coming boys" and you'd see players streaming back but with no visual of the ball.

Then you'd see the ball and away we'd go, but back to the reason for the sunscreen. After half time, the sun would come through and you'd get scalded, although it was only 4 or 5 degrees. I've never been so burnt in all my time as the first few games of footy in Canberra.

Great times. I remember them fondly.
by gadj1976
Thu May 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HH3

That was one of the biggest hits I've seen in footy. Both players attacked the footy from opposing sides. HH3 showed great courage as per normal and was pretty devastated afterward... only because he was going to miss games.

That sort of spirit and dedication to the cause will only make the club stronger as it goes forward.

Best of luck HH3, we'll see you on the track supporting your mates again soon.

Edit - I should add, no 16 from CBCOC, who I think was the opposing player came over to HH3 as he was lying on the ground inquiring about his welfare. That's suburban footy for you.
by gadj1976
Sun May 11, 2014 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

None of the above.

I'm more interested because the Blues are performing better than my other Blues. And that the AFL has sooooo many junk games with coaches protecting their ego by 'limiting the damage' rather than teaching blokes how to go about winning.
by gadj1976
Mon May 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

South Adelaide used to use a Kookaburra - a favourite of mine back in the 70s and 80s.

Worst footies - Faulkner (too pointy), Burley (too pointy), Match (bloated bloatfish)

This thread - don't get it personally. Why would you redesign perfection?
Yeah see, surely the current ball could be improved on. You don't think the soccer ball would have been perfected many years ago? They keep reworking things with that, why can't the same theory apply to a footy?

No.

They may have had to with a soccer ball cos it got too heavy to header in the winter (heavy rain/snow), then too light in the wind. Or, it could just be that they wanted to for marketing reasons.

So in summary, no.
If I asked the same question 30 years ago, I wonder if I would have got the same answer?

We always think what we've got is the bee's knees but there is no reason not to think that the footy could be improved on.

What makes Sherrin so much better than a Burley? Some sort of construction technique or better material?

There has to be something in that, which says there is improvement to be made. Can't just accept Sherrin is perfection .

Umm, why not?

Why change it if it is perfect? What's the change that's needed? You can't just come up with 'let's change it' for the sake of changing it without good reason to do so.

If it ALWAYS floated in one direction, if it always took right hand bounces, then there would be reason to change it, but as far as I can see, there isn't much wrong with them at all.

I have to admit, when I saw this thread I had to double check it was in the AFL thread because I didn't ever consider something wrong with this version of the pill.

I think there are more pressing issues around.
by gadj1976
Fri May 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

Why don't they make a shiny ball? Like a golden ball or a silver ball? What's with the dull matte finish? Chrome the footy!

Why dont we all wear lycra body suits and have neon globes all over the goal posts??

I have never, EVER even considered the Sherrin needing a re-design. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. And if there were to be a change, who's to say it'll be for the better? The way changes to the AFL are going nowadays, it'll be ******!
Don't panic mate! Imagine for instance, a seamless Sherrin . Not made in four portions.

I don't mind the lycra or goal post ideas though, for the record.

And this is your idea of an improvement??

Close the thread, FFS.
by gadj1976
Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - lives scores, results & chewing the fat.

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Costly errors by Dangerfield and Sloane in the end

Yeah what great leader's

I'd take both of them in a heartbeat in my side.
by gadj1976
Sun May 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Q. wrote:It's in strife because football is lower on the list of priorities for young males these days, not because of a minority getting a bit of coin.

Agreed!
by gadj1976
Mon May 26, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

On the flipside of worst media personality (Taylor and Russell by a freakin mile), I was never a Matty Lloyd fan as a player, as great as he was, but I really like him in the media. Calls a spade a spade and raises some pretty good points imho.

droll, boring, personality-less and inflamatory are words I'd use to describe him.
by gadj1976
Wed May 28, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Why a parcel posted from the Brisbane CBD on the 19th has only arrived here today.
Australia post - worst freight carrier going around, stick to letters!
They can't even do that either
Worst I've heard is 3 weeks to deliver a letter from Henley Beach to Blackwood :shock:
When I was in private practice in Ferntree Gully in Melbourne a patient who lived around the corner posted me a cheque.
Three weeks later it came back to her via The UK postal service as "Undeliverable" in the UK.

She then dropped it around personally , one, because she wasn't going to trust Australia Post again with it, and, two, to see my face when she handed me the return envelope...
surely there is more to this story ;) ;) ;) ;)

There is. She too gave birth on his chest.
by gadj1976
Thu May 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide radio industry - General Discussion

I happened to be in the car this morning and thought I'd listen to Roo and Dits. They spoke about electricity prices and spoke to Marshall the Oppo leader.

Roo was silent.

I turned it off.

So MMM, you put two blokes, two key sporting identities in this state in the mornings and get them talking about stuff 1. they know little about and 2. their audience don't necessarily want to hear. If we wanted to hear that stuff, we'd listen to FiveAA.

GIVE US AN ALTERNATIVE!!!!!

Complete suicide by MMM management. How long will that last before their flicked back to drivetime?
by gadj1976
Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:so we will see your next report in 7yrs??? lol

I'm planning on doing a 7-up golf documentary. So I'll report back in 14 years.
by gadj1976
Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WORST SONG EVER

Me too, f**king terrible. The track Kanye has sampled in that song (the opening 30 seconds), remixed by British drum and bass group Sigma and renamed Nobody to Love is a pretty cool track but Kayne just destroys it.

Ditto dk. I thought "how the hell is this so bad" then the 45 second mark hit and it all turned to shizen.
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

FWIW, my little bloke is playing U6's (he's just turned 5) and I think the rules for zones, no kicking off the ground, no playing on after a mark and no tackling/bumping are great.

My son is slower than a lot of other players, so to get the footy, he has to be running to the right position - and he's learning to play to his strengths.

The zones are good because we've got a couple of kids who would dominate the others in our team. Our coaches to start with were against the rules but have warmed to them after seeing our kids in action.

The only thing I would like to see is the assistant coach be allowed on the ground too. That way while the coach is organising the players near the ball, the assistant coach could look after a group without it. As it is, if the ball is up the forward 1/3, the back 1/3rd are playing in sand, dancing, singing and even skipping!

Hilarious to watch though!!!!
by gadj1976
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL History to be rewritten?

There must be no other issues in the game if they're worried about stuff like this.
by gadj1976
Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Opposition coach asked for a headcount yesterday.

In Under 6's.
by gadj1976
Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Most people are missing the point that Hird was forced into accepting the punishment.

No he wasn't. He could have fought it if he wanted. Sure it probably would have been a risk financially with the cost involved, but he still had a choice.
No he couldnt, its been mentioned several times that the AFL did not want a long drawn out court battle and the club was told on no uncertain terms what would happen if Hird took it further. I believe their was even a dummy draw done up for a 17 team comp this year. Thats why id rather him step down or be sacked where he is then free to fight the AFL in court for however long it takes.
I dont think he will coach again anyway

So shut up and accept your 'punishment' then. Tough punishment :shock: .

I want to get a position whereby I can completely **** the lives up of the people i work with, and get a years holiday, paid, at about a million bucks.

Seriously the guy's been kissed on the knob. Shut up and move on, god knows most of us want to.
by gadj1976
Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2014

Dear Mick (Malthouse)

I'd just like to thank you for our obvious improvement you spoke of last week. I mean, without the improvement, we wouldn't have got within 4 goals of GWS. I mean, GWS are a powerhouse. I went and looked at the ladder and started at the top "no, no GWS here... second, no, not there either". All the way down to about 14th... then I found them. Wow. Gee, thankfully we've improved.

Earlier this year you said we'd be pushing top 4. I believed you. You said we'd be opening up our premiership window. I believed you. You said that we're improving and playing our best footy. Now I'm wondering if you were taking the pi$$. I assume that the premiership window you speak of was whilst playing XBox because the team you're in charge of is rubbish (just in case you hadn't actually seen them play). Given some of your comments, I don't think you have.

You mighn't realise, only being in the game for 78 years (and 1.5 of them at our great club) but when Carlton people proudly say "Carlton are history makers" they don't mean the "first team GWS string two wins against", not "the first team GWS kick 10 goals in a half against". I've watched and played plenty of footy but the last team to not being able to hit a target, tackle or kick, mark or show any intensity was named Fitzroy and I still would've put my hard earnt on them on the weekend up against us.

But I fear not.... when we finish bottom or close to, we'll get another no 1 or 2 draft pick which we'll ruin for the rest of their career by not developing them properly. For that, I have great faith.

Over the break, you mentioned that some other pick 1's were off limits, yet every single Carlton supporter who has functioning eyes and brain knows we don't have key position players. Yet, Tom Boyd went to GWS. And, AND Waite is over 30. I spose a key position player will fall out of a tree down Lygon St and all will be well again.

The good part is the muppets there at Carlton, the new prez, Mark LoGiudice says he's going to extend your contract. Excellent. Just on that, I've asked my family to instantaneously cryogenically freeze myself and wait for the change in guard. If it ever comes.

Could I ask you do one thing for me, when you do finally leave our great club, pull the plug and start to thaw me out?
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WORST SONG EVER

that's extremely bad.
by gadj1976
Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2014

Dear Mick (part 4)

Mick, we need to talk. Can you tell me what this means - 1k, 1h, 0m? No, it's not km, hours and minutes. It's beanstalks stats. 1 kick, 1 handball and 0 marks. And he played the entire game. I know subs that have done better! At one point he (Robert Warnock, just in case you weren't sure who I'm on about) managed to not only NOT get to a contest with Martin's brother Mike Pyke, he then didn't get to the contest where Martin's brother kicked it to. He did manage to roll into screen just as the umpire advised our defenders of the mark though which I thought was great mobility. Mind you, he did get 36 hitouts, less than 1/4 to advantage. He's more of a passenger than that old bird in "Driving Miss Daisy", so time for him to go - or at least to suffer a season ending injury? Actually, just on Daisy.....well, normally when a player, when a recruit goes to a new club they try and fit in by getting a guernsey in the 'first 22'. Not Daisy, cos even he knows he doesn't belong.

And just on the game....what's with allowing Parker to take an uncontested mark in the goal square against three of our finest defenders? Taking Jenna's Jameson's brother Michael off of Buddy at the start of the third (luckily it didn't cost us much)? Having no forwards in our forward line - so that if we did get a centre clearance we had no one to kick it to? Kicking across the ground at half back (badly) to blokes standing still, 1 on 3 when the SCG is the shortest ground in the comp? Our forwards, when in position would've preferred it in quickly I would've thought, rather than have Bruce Reid, Reg Grundy and Viv Richards drop into the hole?

But I think your ploy during the week of stating that Sydney were the best side since some other team you've never coached and never will was great. It meant when we were eventually let down you could say "I told you so". And at your press conference, when Sam Lane asked a question, rather than treat her with complete disdain, you should've just said "Sam, I know you're a Carlton supporter, but I did tell you what would happen".

Now, I would like to talk to you about having a go at Lingy at half time. That's like taking on the local handicapped kid (or red headed freckled kid) at the playground. Easy to do, but gutless and unpopular. You can't recant it by saying "I was talking to the crew" because he is the crew. Mind you, you've got form in this regard with Milney haven't you? Oh, that's right, despite everyone being able to lip read "rapist", you were instead saying "Hey Stephen, I hope you have a nice day tomorrow at the races". Complete misunderstanding of course. Remember, kids look up to you. So please rack off back to Collingwood where they'll defend you to the hilt with such rubbish behaviour. Pillock.

So Andrew Walker is done for the year huh? How about putting him in the forward line next season? He (before you got there - yes, there was a BM (before Mick)) was a really good forward, kicking 50 odd goals in 2011. Our best year in recent history. Hey, you know what would've been better? To keep Laidler in the backline rather than trying to make him into a forward. Hey, just on that, Laidler might just play in a GF. You remember the bloke that wasn't good enough to play in our backline - he's playing in the backline in the best team in the comp (as noted by you!)? Shit you're a good judge.

The only thing I've recently agreed with you on is that the free agency favours the top clubs and that something needs to be done. Cos lets face it, at the moment, who the hell would want to come to us?

And I think you have to have to put in a call to the AFL. North (Fri), Freo (Fri), Gold Coast, Geelong (Fri), Port (Fri), and Essendon. Four Friday night games to finish the season off, showcasing our talents in front of a huge national audience! But all teams above us! When you have dinner at Gill's joint, you might complain about playing sides above us for the rest of the season.

Mind you, if we're 5-17 at the end of the season, that'd be reason enough to go to the board, plead how bad we are and ask for another 5 years. If so, please put a fork in me cos I (and a 1000 others) are just about done.
by gadj1976
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

dumber.png
dumb.png
by gadj1976
Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

In this day and age should footy be allowed to be played in bog heaps like the south parklands. 1 goal in a half of footy. Pfffft, worth watching!!!!!!

It's suburban footy, maybe leave your blouse at home.

It again showed that our wet weather footy is very ordinary. Lucky to win so convincingly in the end because I thought we were outplayed for most of the game.
by gadj1976
Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

I'm a Homeland fan but I think season 4 might be jumping the shark.

Time will tell I guess.
by gadj1976
Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has Mick Malthouse lost the plot?

Would doubt any coach could do much better with this lot.
They have been playing a lot better over the last month but have just ran out of cattle.
I did love the presser last night though, love the way Mick treats that wanker Stevens with total disdain

Jim, for the first time ever i reckon, I'll disagree.

On Friday night I saw first hand how bad we are. These are a microcosm of our season and I could do this about any game. Problem is, it happens week in week out.

Westhoff takes possession of the ball in the back pocket. I think it was either Johnson or Sheehan ran straight at him. He sidestepped them ran off, created the loose man and they kicked a goal.

Tuohy had a marking contest on the back flank. He created a contest but didn't spoil the ball out of bounds, loses his feet, White runs off and kicks a goal.

Set play from a stoppage in the second quarter. All 18 of our players are in the back half of the ground. The kick comes in and not one player gets anywhere near Westhoff who takes an uncontested mark 20m out from goal.

Contest near full back. We allow the ball to come to ground for them to swoop, they do and result is an easy walk in goal. Side note: Not one "third up" all game destroying contests. We've allowed one on one marking contest all season. Any chance of anyone leaving their man and destroying a contest?

Johnson tackles Carlisle and we get a free kick between centre and half forward. There is a slight delay in getting the ball back to him. He winds up, kicks it to the hot spot 30m out from goal. I think it was Jonas that took an uncontested mark with 3 Port players closest to him. The only Carlton player any where near the contest was Simpson.

Rowe switches play off one step, kick skews off the ground and Port pick it up and waltz into an open goal.

Casboult's kicking for goal. FFS, someone fix it!

Twice I saw instances where instead of clearing a path for a player with the ball, we peeled off to create a loose man and the guy got run down. Gibbs is a classic for it. SHEPHERD FFS.

And worse still, in the first quarter when the game is still anyone's, we have all 18 in our back half. When the ball is turned over, we get a hurried kick from our half back line to three port blokes because there is no one in our forward half.

Point being - reasonable teams get this stuff right more often than we do. Good teams just do it. Excellent teams (like Hawthorn and Sydney) don't even think NOT to do it. It's the footy basics that are killing us. Those things are the reasons we have sent us back in the pack.
by gadj1976
Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

The Dark Knight wrote:North Haven up in the B's today! Both grades now in a GF next Saturday. Another good day for us, I couldn't be prouder.

Sensational work DK and the crew. Can't wait till next week. Bring. It. On.
by gadj1976
Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gas and Electricity

I'm changing address in the next month or so, so am looking into which Electricity provider to go with.

I have already got a quote form Simply Energy, although now I have read the above post, I probably aren't so keen on them :)

Anyone got any more suggestions which company to use?

I'm with Lumo, never had a drama and get 15% off when I pay my bill on time

Ditto and I've got it set up to auto pay on the day so I can get the discount.

No problems with them to date.
by gadj1976
Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gas and Electricity

I think I've already mentioned this earlier but look at the rates themselves, not the 'discounts'.

15% off doesn't mean jack if it's on inflated rates.

Yes, some retailers do this.

Yeh, it's a good point Dedja. As far as I'm concerned, it's the most important thing to consider. The discount in this case was good enough to get me over the line.

The only way to get the discount is for the amount to be paid by a certain date, usually a week or so before the due date. Be careful otherwise you pay full tote odds and any discount is gone.
by gadj1976
Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |