Search found 620 matches

Return

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

Perth crowds
Day 1 a pathetic 16k turned up and all we hear is that it’s a working day, not school holidays blah, blah, blah
Day 2 another pathetic 17k crowd and all we hear is it’s Friday and they will pour through the gates on Saturday
Day 3 is smaller crowd of 16k despite being on a Saturday. Now the excuses are it’s too hot, Pakistan are batting too slow, Langer isn’t coaching, Bancroft isn’t playing blah, blah, blah
Day 4 and absolutely woeful crowd of 9k show up and cue more excuses

If SACA don’t grow a pair and demand better from CA they all need to step down. Absolutely sick and tired of CA pandering to the ingrates of WA and it’s always Adelaide that gets screwed

I still can't fathom why we start tests on a Thursday. That's a crowd killer to start with. By the time the weekend arrives, the test is often near decided. Why would you stump up money for the Sunday of a test in Australia these days?

100% agree and cant fathom why....

You would have to think with the years on years of data CA would have from attendances to tv ratings etc there must be a reason they haven't permanently moved tests to a Friday start. Just can't figure out what that would be.

Move day 1 to Saturday when a majority of people can attend.
by gadj1976
Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Dutchy wrote:Old man getting confirmation he is still cancer free today

Great Xmas present for you and the family Dutchy!
by gadj1976
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB

Ohtani really is proving himself to be one that is right out of the box.

His ability in on field is simply second to none, he's got the tools to be an All-Star in any position. His $700m contract is reflective of that.

To then defer $68m per year to allow the organization to build a championship team around him is incredibly selfless.

Part of his deal with New Balance for his glove included 60,000 gloves being sent to 20,000 schools in Japan for students to use.

He is fair dinkum the nicest bloke in world sports.

I reckon I could be a much better person for a billion bucks over 20 years. Many would debate it, but I still reckon I could.
by gadj1976
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Malinauskas unloads regarding the scheduling of the WIndies test in Adelaide. It's exactly what I've been saying - starting a test on Wednesday is ridiculous. It'll be over by Friday night.
by gadj1976
Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 23/24

I'm not convinced you can take anyone from BBL and assume they'll make Test cricket. BBL is played on a road to start with, with inferior bowlers. In saying that test cricket will soon be made up of C grade bowlers anyway.
by gadj1976
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also find it funny that my lad's cricket was called off for this weekend due to the test. He plays Sunday afternoon. Wishful thinking by CA and the SACA perhaps?
by gadj1976
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcasts

Just started "Just Lawful" a 5AA podcast from 2021. I might be well behind the times but a mate introduced me to it in the past week. Very deep and insightful.
by gadj1976
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CA will drop all references to Australia Day during the Gabba Test.
What a fn joke that they try and tell us we cant have any pride in our own country anymore.
Will they drop Australia from their name?

We must be a fair laughing stock to the rest of the world, the debate is annual, the result is that it hasn’t changed, how the hell do we have a public holiday but are encouraged not to celebrate it, someone need to make a decision and nip this in the bud forever.

It's still Australia Day public holiday. I really disagree with organisations that become political in their stances.
by gadj1976
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

I'm on both Onsong. Thanks and best of luck.
by gadj1976
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Jimmy_041 wrote:Problems with safooty.net again

Cant log in via Chrome :?

Even though I check "Log me in automatically...." it doesn't. I get logged out (I'd say) hourly?
by gadj1976
Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Anyone used a good place to get clothing embroided like hats etc?

We got hats done at Vista Print and they turned out brilliant!
by gadj1976
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Career change

**Bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one**

After 27 years at the same place, my loyalty has run out, and it's time to make a move.

Applied for a role in a field that is totally unrelated to what i have done since i was 16. I never thought i would have ever had the courage to take a leap out of my comfort zone.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

You're a braver man than I, Mickey. Well done to you.

I'm in exactly the same boat, but am scared shitless of moving jobs, mainly because in the last 3 months, almost every last piece of confidence has been sucked right out of me.

You'd be surprised that no matter what role you're in, you have transferrable skills that other employers are seeking.

Worthwhile putting together a resume but instead of focusing on the tasks you perform, think about the skillset you provided to that function.

For instance, rather than saying I managed a team, think about how you managed them - allocation of tasks according to individual skillset, meeting of deadlines, and the time management skills that you put toward that, checking in on them on a regular basis, being the escalation point for issues etc. You will have a lot more skills than you think you have.
by gadj1976
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Had a tour yesterday of Finniss Lodge, the home of Wayne Francis and Glen Kents operation and i must say it is absolutely unbelievable. It was so apparent the genuine focus and care for the horses wellbeing and the commitment to the horse always comes first (pardon the pun) was unbelievable.

You can actually see on the website a fly over of the property, but that simply doesn't do it justice, amazing venue.

Sooo much so, i left with another 20% of a horse :lol:
Looks a likely type, 2 YO filly by Sire Headwater, big strong horse, Yet to be named.

Stable has one running Saturday over 1350m that they are very confident on.

Our nag has the same Sire. It's not run a bad race to date (touches wood).
by gadj1976
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Womens Cricket

ridiculous batting on this long, probably a direction from the cricket board so they dont make too much of a loss :D

Good batting practice in my opinion. Given that they aren't going to play another test for a while, why not? You're not going to get centre wicket practice any time soon. It's not like batting on will cost them the test.
by gadj1976
Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

T Thomas suspended for 18 games.
by gadj1976
Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

amber_fluid wrote:Good on him for a making a brave decision(though sounds like it was made for him).
It is just a game of footy after all.

and 800k per year. That's a tough-er decision to make and adds to the fact that he's made a better longer term decision.
by gadj1976
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

And they wonder why people might not attend the game, instead watching it from home.
by gadj1976
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 1*

Umpiring is dead easy feel free to have a go

Easy cash and lots of leagues are looking for them

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/become-an-umpire/

I'm encouraging my son to register this year. Easy money doing 7-10's while he can still play later in the day. I think it will give him a greater appreciation of what the umpires experience.
by gadj1976
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

My 14yo lad playing his first game for North's U16's this week in the starting 18 to boot.

He's worked bloody hard (as they all have) but despite being a decent club footballer, he needed to work on his engine. He's done so and his solid disposal efficiency and clean hands has paid dividends.

Go well young fella. Mum and dad are pretty stoked.
by gadj1976
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

Armchair expert wrote:Geelong by how much today

could be 60+

Hawks are runner up wooden spoon contenders

So Hawks win and make the finals then.
by gadj1976
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |