Search found 795 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

North Haven A grade 4 points winners over WOS today, come from behind win after being down at three quarter time.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the home of the blue and gold army

Reminds me of watching the SANFL compared to the AFL before Geelong revolutionized the AFL. Yes a higher level but awful to watch for the purists. English Rugby League has crowd involvement, backs and forwards and is great to watch for purists.

Wegs, we've know each other for way too long. You're either fishing for a response, or clearly delusional.
Probably delusional but I've loved English Rugby League since the mid 90s and my Rhinos top is one of my most prized possessions. ;)
Love watching English Rugby League.
You know I'm a bit different Gadj. ;)
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

Disgraceful last quarter by us. Fourteen more scoring shots for **** all of a margin in the end.

And of course, I had the scum by 39 plus in my multi.

******* game!

My margin in my tips was 28 then Grundy kicks that F**king goal to make it 34 :roll:

Yeah same .. ******* Carlton can't even lose properly!!
by JK
Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

Riveting games so far this round (unfortunately).

Scheduling Geelong to play on a Thursday night after 3 6 day breaks is just plain dumb.

I don't subscribe to that 6 day crap. Collingwood managed a 15 goal win with a 6 day break. It seems like another excuse and media beat up. If a professional athlete can't recover in 6 days I,ll change my name to Vanessa Stickycrutch :shock:

Wedgie, can we make this name change happen please???
by RustyCage
Sat May 31, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feedback when posts deleted

not just crap, but tobpist crap.
by dedja
Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - live scores, results & general hoo-ha.

Leigh Matthews spends all his time defending the umpiring, even when it's a blatant wrong decision, like the Suckling/Waite trip

Obvious trip, if the tackle didn't end up taking out his feet, the Hawk player was off and running down the ground as the "tackle" didn't do much more than ruffle his guernsey
Sorry, but the tackle was legal before slipping to the feet and was in the middle of the player taking a bounce. Unless the rule has changed over night then it was blatantly holding the ball.
by Spargo
Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

League teams- David Parkin

'Ollie Wines a C grader' :shock:

Might be time David.

One too many head knocks. Wines is a gun.

regards,

REB

I wouldn't say "Gun", just yet. B grade Mid Fielder at the moment. But he has only played a couple of seasons. No doubt will be "A Grade" within a few years. Depends what your version of gun is. "Gun" to me is Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Selwood, etc. definently better then C grade tho.
by helicopterking
Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

'Razor' Ray Chamberlain

Kermit the Frog

by MW
Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

My collarbone surgery recovery has been set back 6 weeks, and has all but ruled me out for the whole season. It feels ok though, which is the most annoying thing.
Did you injure yourself or something?
You would have thought someone on here would've said something...

Not my fault Im a media magnet. Some say Im the Johnny Manziel of SAFooty...

.......most do not....
by HH3
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has Mick Malthouse lost the plot?

Nobody bloody cares guys.
by bennymacca
Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I rate my wife.

I'm not usually one for sharing my sob stories, but here goes.

Recently, my depression has started to get the better of me and this, combined with strong back pain, is causing me to have daily anxiety attacks.

Most people would tell me to just get over it.

Not her.

Today, she showed the patience of a saint, She woke up, helped me get my breathing on track, rubbed my back and shoulders, and talked me through it. She then suggested I return to see my counselor, and I agreed.

For me, my depression and anxiety are manageable 95% of the time. It's times like this that I appreciate my wife even more.
by Failed Creation
Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Robin Williams - your favourite memories/movies

Enjoyed his performances in plenty of stuff, probably the Fisher King the most. A great loss. Always struck me as one of those "fine line between Genius and Insanity" types.
by JK
Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 General Chat and Dribble

gadj1976 wrote:He's paid a salary as if he's a star of our club. He's not even close. Waste of money. Worst Collingwood recruit since Mick Malthouse.

FYP
by bennymacca
Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Royal tandoori on unley rd

Very delicious
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

gadj1976 wrote:He gets sacked and we're still stuck with that silly old prick (Malthouse). How does that work?

That's our curse for the antics of Ted Hopkins and Wayne Harms
by Jimmy_041
Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things that give you the sh1ts

Introducing my girlfriend to my family with a meal at a hotel. What do my parents do? Bring baby photos of me....
by RustyCage
Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2014

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/09/hy9ymyty.jpg

Carlton are asking people to vote on what guernsey they should wear going forward.

It's a member vote. Overwhelmingly it's the one on the right that will win and is the one we used from the 1920's to 1990's
tackling all the big issues at Visy Park. :shock: :roll:

My old man always told me if you can't play like a footballer than at least look like one!!
Maybe Mick has taken some advice from someone finally. ;)
by amber_fluid
Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Thank you very much just horse racing
50 dollar investment for a 10,800 return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by the joker
Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pakistan vs New Zealand 3rd Test Sharjah

I really hope the Australian public give NZ a standing ovation if they end up playing a WC game in Aus

They have been extremely classy
by whufc
Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My youngest laughing for the first time. And my eldest making her laugh. Love being a dad
by woodublieve12
Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

wristwatcher wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:In the loungeroom.

Orr !

I'd move onto the Bruno Bertalucci statements but these days that's straight out racism. The late 70s and early 80s were such a simple time.

by JK
Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chuck Sacked

The sacking will be for nothing unless we remove the board too.
The whole system needs a makeover, x amount of coaching removals in the past 20 years is sufficient proof.
by the milky bar kid
Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

match of the tourney thus far just cos its the Semi

a close second is the Kiwi v Aus match
by mighty_tiger_79
Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

Dan Vettori retired from all international cricket, one of NZ's greatest players. One Kiwi I found it hard to dislike.
by Brodlach
Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The season opener & what it brings.

Here you go gadj

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouse-is-confident-carlton-will-be-successful-in-2015-saying-hard-to-see-team-lose/story-fni5f5nx-1227271188162
Mick Malthouse is confident Carlton will be successful in 2015, saying hard to see team lose
SAM EDMUND
HERALD SUN
MARCH 20, 2015 1:19PM

MICK Malthouse has claimed he is struggling to find a game Carlton loses this year, with the Blues coach urging his men to play without inhibition.

In an overwhelmingly positive address at today’s season launch, Malthouse demanded his young group show their “X-factor” and take on all-comers.

“I shouldn’t say this in front of the cameras, but it’s very, very difficult to see where we’re going to lose a game,” Malthouse said to much applause.

“I can’t see it. I’m an optimist. I look at them at think: ‘Gee, they’re a good bunch of kids’, I love them and I reckon they can get the best out of themselves and we can have a damn good year.

“The most important thing is that you people say that they’ve had a crack at it. That’s fundamental to our growth.”

The Blues made another 12 changes to their squad in the off-season as they sought to fill a vacuum in its emerging player ranks and create a more even list.

Malthouse demanded Carlton’s next generation aim for the sky straight away.

“Most young blokes ... there is an anticipation, a real respect for the competition moreso than their own ability, therefore they tend to sit back and think: ‘The competition is too great, I’ll just blend in’,” he said.

“We want them to say: ‘This is why I’ve been selected and this is the way I’ve got to play’.

“They’re all exciting young kids. Everyone has got an X-factor of some description and those boys have it and what I want to see is them bring that out. Don’t hide it.

“Really be brave, be challenging and go out and show it.”

Malthouse used off-season recruit and third-year defender Kristian Jaksch as an example, revealing he give the former GWS draftee the job of silencing Mitch Clark against Geelong on Sunday.

“I’m not giving anything away. The simple fact is they’ll see it on Sunday afternoon and we want to see how the kid goes, he’s one of our first round pick players,” he said.

“You should have seen the look on (mature defender) Sam Rowe’s face when I mentioned Kristian Jaksch and that’s the sort of pressure we want to establish. Don’t pass out ‘Rowey’, I’ll see you Sunday. But we’re going to give Kristian Jaksch a chance. He has developed.

“You’ve got to have a point of difference. That’s not going to happen overnight in the way we play, but we’re trying to establish an X-factor that every payer can grab hold of and be an important cog in the system.”
by Red Rocket
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The season opener & what it brings.

For Carltons sake I hope he isnt. He is blaming everyone except himself for the situation they are in. Time to go...Mick.
by MW
Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to find and buy Vynils

Another Semaphore Record Fair this Sunday.

WHAT - Semaphore Record Fair & Music Sale No. 8

WHEN - Sunday, the 19th of April, 10am to 4pm

WHERE - St Bede’s Hall, 200 Military Road, Semaphore

(20 metres south of the Semaphore Road / Military Road intersection)

WHO - this event is presented by Mr V Music, 115 Semaphore Road, Semaphore, 5019 ph 8341 5234

HOW MUCH - entry is FREE

25 traders will have 50 tables of stock for sale, including vinyl records, CDs, DVDs, music books & magazines and more.

For more information, e-mail Vic Flierl on vic@mrvmusic.com.au or phone 0400 223 454.
by Gozu
Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

In the next fortnight, looking forward to this one
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Council rates

And anyone who says they only get their bin emptied should not be commenting on the issue. NFI

Does she drive on roads, have water diverted through stormwater, walk on a footpath, read street signs....

Immunisation
Libraries with books and free internet
Control of public nuisances
Monitoring of insanitary conditions
Control of pest animals and plants
Food safety inspections
Roads (local roads - that is, not national highways or State arterial roads)
Footpaths
Stormwater drainage
Parks and gardens
Street lighting
On street parking
Traffic management and local road safety
Reserves and picnic areas
Recreation facilities and centres
Ovals
Public swimming pools
Rubbish collection and disposal
Recycling
Information services
Free internet in libraries
Community centres
Skate parks
Community development programs
Arts and cultural programs
Online services
Community services such as Home and Community Care
Employment /Training Programs
Economic Development
Tourism information and support
Community buses
Environmental management
Festivals and events
Youth Advisory Committees
Caravan Parks
Cemeteries
Wetlands
Local Museums and Heritage support
Coastcare and Dunecare projects
Business support
Local Area Water Catchment Plans
Landcare programs
Dry zones
Aged care
Cycling tracks
Crime prevention
Community leadership and advocacy
Septic Tank effluent disposal scheme
by westcoastpanther
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

Still playing that boundary skirting game plan that was countered by most teams about 3-4 years ago.
by Q.
Sat May 02, 2015 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who would be your 7/8 A graders marbles? I think you are being very generous

firstly im a man like most coaches who has belief in his players, have you ever heard malthouse say anything good about any player?

Under a coach who'd wants nothing but the best for his players these boys would reach great heights...

# Judd
# Walker
# Henderson
# Gibbs
# Casbult
# Yarren
# Menzel
# Everitt
# Jamison
# Murphy - although is a shit captain

These boys would shine in any other team, for instance chuck the individual in the Hawthorn side

Under a regime, where the coach or coaches are drilling excellence these boys would flourish

at carlton, bad leaders, bad game structure, and all the players are half asleep, and not even $200,000 a year (average) is making them do their job
by marbles
Mon May 04, 2015 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Richmond v Brisbane GF is obviously on the cards
by mighty_tiger_79
Mon May 11, 2015 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing my 150th senior football game tomorrow. Halfway there.

I share the same milestone with a bloke who I've played alot of footy with aswell, making it more special.
by The Dark Knight
Fri May 22, 2015 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Predictions, live scores, results & post morte

Carlton have, by far, the worst game plan in the league.
by Q.
Fri May 22, 2015 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:
Jase wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Menzel is woeful infront of goals, misses so many sitters

I call Bull Sh1t...

In his career he has kicked 38 goals 21 before tonight...

Pretty good if you ask me...

And of the 21 he has missed most would be 15-20 out. Looks far better kicking from 40+.

Travis Cloke says hello.
by carey
Fri May 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Collingwood could see mick was coming to the end of his tenure 7 or 8 years ago and were proven 100% CORRECT.

Given Collingwood's performance since 28/07/2009, when Malthouse was coach, proves that Collingwood and you were/are 100% WRONG!!!

H2H: Buckley 5, Malthouse 0.
Put Buckley at Carlton and Mick at Collingwood and im sure that result would be reversed. Mick left Collingwood in a pretty decent shape. In hindsight Mick should of finished when he left Collingwood
by Jim05
Tue May 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Judd Retires

Fox Footy has the 2006 GF on their Chooseday Night Football. Such an epic battle, I forgot how good this game was. These West Coast and Sydney sides were two very different styled teams but were two very good teams that provided such a great advertisement for our game.
by The Dark Knight
Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The last little one..round 13ish

Jase wrote:With Adam Goodes running a close second... (am I still allowed to say that these days)

Racist
by Jim05
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

Menzel back this week in the VFL, good luck to the lad.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most Improved?

bennymacca wrote:Well yes, what did he improve from?

The year of football he played before that.
by whufc
Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

gadj1976 wrote:FFS. Bring in a keeper that uses his feet. That was an easy catch to ANY keeper.

There, fixed it for you.
FFS then carries on and appeals for the one he takes down leg side next ball.
by daysofourlives
Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

But they had an ordinary trial match.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Watson LBW second over ffs!
Reckon he was a bit stiff though

Nah f**k him. Watson LBW is just a free wicket to the Poms with Broad bowling stump to stump to him.

My finger was straight up!
by The Dark Knight
Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LBW shout given not out first ball after lunch, Aust. Review.
Plumber than Watson's, what a ******* joke

Thought it was leg side ish live and I thought decision was fair enough
But thats where the problem is, Watsons was clipping leg by 1mm but it stayed with the umps call. Id rather they get rid of the umps call crap, if its out its out, shouldnt revert back to umps call.
In that case both would of been out today
by Jim05
Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

i will be watching the final episode ever of breaking bad tonight... can't wait...
by woodublieve12
Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Starc's bowling shit, get him off.
by RB
Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

On behalf of most.......who cares.
At last, back to something constructive. Well done.

Well really, the comp is a joke. Thanks to Friar Tuck (Olsen) and cohorts. Nothing left in it for most people, hence the non attendance, unless you feel otherwise?
Sorry, I misread the context of your post, so I humbly withdraw. :oops:
by StrayDog
Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 stuff

quote="gadj1976"Now see, that Yeo decision sums up what's wrong with footy. That wasn't holding the ball. It was a perfect reason for a ball up. Stop stuffing up the game FFS. quote]
I flet for Yeo there, WTF was he supposed to do?

Squeal like a bitch, flail his head backward and throw his not free arms in the air, appealing for a free kick.

The entire game needs overhauling, I don't care who says otherwise.

I didn't see the incident but dropping at the knees, rolling the shoulders and falling forward tends to work a treat these days.

He grabbed the ball above his head, brought it down to hip level, was instantaneously tackled and one arm was pinned. He (and tackler) took him to Yeo's knees and the umpire pinged him for "not making a reasonable attempt". Seriously? Yeo asked the umpire, "did I have prior opportunity?", the umpire said "you didn't try to get rid of it". So picture Yeo, on the ground, with one arm pinged and on his knees "trying" to get rid of the ball with one arm. Umm, insert reference to Monty Python's here.....
The Black Knight would have found a way to get rid of it.
by therisingblues
Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

Well done D Menzel... Bloody good work...
by Jase
Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |