Search found 60 matches

Return

Re: Australian Summer of Tennis

not sure we need the racism - serena is probably the best player the game has seen, revolutionised the womans game in the last 10 years
by bennymacca
Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Chuck Wepner wrote:Sounds like common sense may prevail after all.Nigel "not so" smart it seems. :lol:

He's plenty smart. Facebook has gone off and everyone is talking about the game. He probably knew it wouldn't fly in the first place.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your clubs most important 5 players

Selwood
Hawkins
Taylor
Johnston
Kelly

A fit ruck man would be up there too.
by Wedgie
Mon May 05, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:well all of them have been in teams that have been flying, so its hardly a fair comparison.

not saying betts is as good as those blokes but put him in hawthorn or port's team and he would do much better.

No he wouldn't. He doesn't work hard enough.
by Booney
Sun May 25, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gazza walks

No way should anyone miss any games for that. The right decision was made
by carey
Tue May 27, 2014 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

wife hit the 30 week mark yesterday... This pregnancy is flying by... Very active little thing.. Going nuts!!! Pretty cute when we ask our 21 month old daughter to give baby a kiss and she kisses my wife on the belly... And also she will put her hands on the belly and her face when she feels it kick is priceless... Then her trademark words are said "whoooooo's that?"

Wife is pretty over it... She is showing alot more this pregnance, to the point we reckon the docs got our due date wrong (which obviously they wouldn't have)
looking forward to meeting our new family member....
by woodublieve12
Tue May 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Gary Gilmour

Gary 'Gus' Gilmour
Born 26/6/1951
Left handed allrounder
This was perhaps his greatest day in the first limited overs World Cup series

England v Australia
60 over games

EG 93
Denness 27
Gus 6/14[12]

It was perhaps the best bowling I've seen in limited overs games
Gus took the first 6 wickets to fall , he had the Poms bamboozled , swinging the ball prodigiously
He opened the bowling with a guy called Lillie 1/26 [9]
Poms were 8/52 before recovering to 93

Gus had won the game for Australia
Or so I thought watching this game 39 years ago
7 Alan Turner
15 Rick Mckosker
2 Ian Chappell
4 Greg Chappell
0 Ross Edwards
5 Rodney Marsh

Australia 0/17 slumped to 6/39
Douggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggie Walters was still there
Joining him was Gary Gus Gilmour
The New South Welshmen put on an unbroken 55 and to a victory
Gus threw the bat and made a run a ball 28 , the only batter in this match to strike at more than 70
6/94 Australia
Douggggggie 20*
Gus 28*

Needless to say Gus was man of the match , and his best bowling and batting stats in ODI
Australia made the final losing to the West Indies
Exciting times watching one day cricket
It was scorned by many of the day, a bit like the 20/20 of today

Gus Test career
Made a test ton and took 3 hauls of 5 wickets
The guy could seriously play
Never looked fit enough to play cricket
Did suffer a lot from Gout , being around Walters and co prob didnt help his condition

Gus Gilmour
R.I.P
by mal
Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has Mick Malthouse lost the plot?

His record is second to none.............and he will go down as one of the best coaches of all times!!
Doesn't change the fact he is the biggest most arrogant knob to grace this earth!!
by amber_fluid
Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

the crows need some outside runners. brodie smith and mckay have been great this year but we need more. port did exactly that and it turned their club around, getting polec and white. I think the crows should be looking for someone like that.

I think another key defender would be good too, as im not 100% convinced hartigan and thompson can handle it just yet, and i dont like otten or henderson having to play the third tall defender.

I think our forward line is looking really good, another ruckman to help out sauce would be useful too as i dont think mckernan, graham and osborn are up to afl standard yet. obviously osborn is just rookie listed and will take time to develop.

in general i think the bottom 10 players on the crows list are pretty bad and we really need some exciting young talent coming through.
by bennymacca
Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yeah rutten used to get dawes/lynch/whoever back in the day too, pretty sure talia has always got cloke (maybe not his first year)

also not the first time this has happened this season. but yeah i like that they are doing this, blooding thompson (and hartigan earlier in the year)

If Thompson isn't in the team for the rest of the season (unless due to injury) I will be a little annoyed. I think he needs some continuity in the team to gain confidence as I think he has it to be an integral part of that back 6 next season.
by Sorry Dude
Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

The Dark Knight wrote:Loving Carlton Dry the past few months. Only ever drank it at Soundwave and a few other music gigs, just decided to give it a go in a bottle, bought a 6 pack of it and now no other beer compares. Got to pick myself up a carton of it tomorrow :)

ewwww
by bennymacca
Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've defended the worth of Betts this year, but there is one downside and for mine it conflicts with one of Sanderson's recent comments, regarding the Crows collectively becoming a more defensively oriented team.

Betts statistically is very strong offensively. His numbers for goals scored and assists stack up. However on several occasions I watched them this year, when the Crows were trying to press in the midfield or half-forward Betts was the weak link, because he was already heading toward the open space in front of his goal BEFORE they had caused the turnover (and which they didn't but may well have, had Eddie contributed to it).

I'm not sure you'll be able to get both qualities out of him, but if you want a strong defensive ethos it has to run through the team to a man imho.

Will be interesting to see how Sanderson plays it.

I understand what you are saying JK, Im not sure what the stats say as far as Eddies pressure acts and defensive tackles etc, but id probably rather his offensive output otherwise we may as well play petrenko :oops: if you know what I mean. I think his offensive positives far outweigh his defensive negatives.

I used to get so frustrated with Chris Knights for exactly what you have said though :lol:

I think when the ball is in his area his pressure acts are first class, especially his second and third efforts when the ball is in dispute, but I don't think he works hard enough when the other team breaks. You rarely see him in the half back flank following his man down etc. definitely something he can work on, but overall betts has been a win for the crows imo

1 bloke in the top 20 goalkickers averages more tackles a game than Betts. Maybe you don't see him chasing his man too far down field, but that can very easily be due to instruction. If dangerous forwards always followed defenders then all defenders would do is trot down to half forward knowing their bloke will be massively out of position. There's a time to chase but there's a time to stay dangerous and trust your team mates to do their job so you can do yours.
by Grahaml
Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tex is awesome
by bennymacca
Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

24 Balls left

Why did Australia call off the 4th Test against India ?
India was 6/174 with 24 balls left

24 balls to obtain 4 wickets
Highly improbable but not impossible
The last 5 batters left are arguably the most inferior batters in the Indian line up
Day 5 pitch , although still flatty, did give the bowlers glimmers of assistance at times

Fair bit of fuss around about Test teams bowling a prescribed amount of overs in a day, yet the Aussies knocked off early

Sport to some is played with the mindset of 'never give up'
Why play 5 days and then pack up with about 15 minutes to go , when a win is a possibility?

A days admission into Test cricket is reasonably expensive [In Adelaide this year it was $75 + $100 for some seats per day]
I imagine the costs would be similar in Melbourne
So did the Melbourne 5th day crowd get short changed ?

I think Australia made the wrong call , and should have played this match out
The only time , I feel they should have called it off with 4 wickets left , is perhaps with 3 balls left
by mal
Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Stumps wrote:A cheap place to hire a mini skip. Love in the western burbs

Wasteaway
by wristwatcher
Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

daysofourlives wrote:Only Ponting was a better fielder in Blewett's era

Blewett had an era :lol:
by wristwatcher
Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

I reckon Hazxelwood is almost a lock for one of the fast bowling positions, he was excellent in November against Sth Africa
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Airport bars that serve Little Creatures Pale Ale on tap. Seriously good beer.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stumps wrote:
Stumps wrote:Anyone now a decent affordable concreter. Small job. Shed floor and path

i repeat

Precision concrete I think its called based at seaford area
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3

liking the new crop of budding SAFooty journalists, makes a nice change from the trolling idiots.

if only you weren't all port supporters :D

good job boys.

reckon this is a pretty straightforward round except for the port north game.

Port just have to win this one. Not having Lobbe to go up against Goldy is huge though, and could be the difference, but i am tipping port to be a little more desperate to get their season up and running
by bennymacca
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: no lawn mowing on weekends.

That's crap, nothing like mowing the lawn on a Sunday afternoon then relaxing with a beer admiring how good it looks.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: England v NZ

how bad a nick is Ballance in. He is in all sorts! Genuinely looked like a park cricketer this series
That's because he is no f**king good against quality bowling. His footwork makes him look like a E grade community cricketer. Surely England have a bloke better than him that can bat at number 3?! Bat Root or Bell ahead of him IMO. As I've said previously hopefully he plays in the Ashes, give us more of a winning chance.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wimbledon 2015

Do Tennis Australia conduct compulsory full time Dickhead Training or is it an elective?
by Booney
Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

127 Days is the absolute best.
by jakovasaurus
Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Now that's what I call a good staple diet.
by Footy Chick
Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Haddin is the best pure keeper in Australia IMO. Nevill to the quicks is fine but we saw when he was keeping to Lyon that he really struggled. Luckily he had Clarke at first slip doing half his work for him. Still happy that Nevill is in though. Haddin's batting is shot to pieces. We saw last time Haddin was replaced just how far behind the No 2 keeper is. Wade almost single-handedly cost Nathan Lyon his test career.
by Tony Clifton
Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: England vs Australia ODI squad named

Stokes. WADH
Poms being typical whingers over it.

WTF are they complaining about? Stokes could have still ducked and made his ground without stretching his arm away from his body. Correct decision made.

If he was struck on the body then he is taking evasive action and would have been given not out.
by heater31
Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

He was fined $450 and lost 10 demerit points

Hawthorn also fined him $5000

If I lost my license I would still be able to work and my work wouldn't fine me $5k either so he has got a pretty harsh penalty in my books
by whufc
Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

another grub wrote:Butcher for Dixon. Seems fair to me

One likes a drink pre-match, the other kicks like he's been drinking pre-match....
by Spargo
Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FOOTY 2015

West coast +24.5 into freo win @ $1.72

West coast and freo 1-39 @ $4.35
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tried Pasta a Go-Go on the Parade. 2 for 1 in the ent book made it $13.20

Resembled Authentic pasta, tasted alright. Certainly worth $6.60 a box. Ready in 7 minutes. I had the Fettucine Marinara and I have had worse at pubs and cafés. Mrs had Penne Carbonara and it ticked the box.

Worth it with the voucher but without the price would blow out a bit with the many $2 additional extras. You wouldn't want to pay $17 for a box of pasta.

7/10
by wristwatcher
Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 All Australian Squad

Josh Gibson, he must have photos....
by Spargo
Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Michael Clarke

At the very least, Clarke is, IMO being no less mature than Buchanan or Symonds, and has far more credibility than them.
by RB
Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

OnSong wrote:Something really wrong with that thing. Distant distant last

Had a bad cut the morning of the race, half the owners wanted it scratched, half wanted to run it. Stupid decision, flared it up and now in the paddock. I won't be putting a line through it just yet.
by westcoastpanther
Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Denis Cometti Retiring

Like Bruce McAvaney, I think Dennis has become a bit of a parody of himself.

I can't think of a single commentator I enjoy hearing these days; In fact, the only people I enjoy hearing talk about footy are Gerard and Robbo on AFL 360, and guys like @wristwatcher on the SA Footballer YouTube channel.
by Failed Creation
Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McDermott leaving the national team setup

Stumps wrote:ryan harris paying $1.01

boof, blewy, ryano

choco to be wicketkeeping coach and youd have the quaddie

Longer than I thought would be quoted. ;)
by Booney
Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chautauqua - just awesome!
by Spargo
Mon May 02, 2016 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

So women want equality, finally a woman gets treated as one of the boys in a male dominated industry and all the do gooders are up in arms. Seems to me equality is just something for the do gooders when it suits their agenda

Nobody wants to be seen as an equal to the Triple M footy crew.

Luke Darcy said last night the MMM footy call isn't for everyone, it's targeted at a specific audience. Yep, they wear flannel, listen to Chisel, smoke durries and reckon their mate Stevo's sheila is a bit oright.
by Booney
Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is the gilberton/st peters swing bridge open/able to be crossed?

no idea, council would be able to tell you though

Cheers for the idea, I tried but they didn't know. Told me one of their engineers will call me. dare say he wont...anyone else know?

This update dated Friday, 6 May 2016:

Gilberton Swing Bridge | Update
The Swing Bridge received partial approval from the Development Assessment Commission (DAC) on 13 April 2016 after originally submitting the application in mid-November 2015.
DAC did not provide Building Rules consent and a private certifier has been appointed to undertake the Building Rules consent work.
Given the Building Rules consent has yet to be received, coupled with the requirement for notification prior to closing the bridge and the approximate three month construction period it is reasonable to expect that the project will not be completed by the end of the financial year.
Both Councils are committed to commencing works as soon as practically possible and will keep all stakeholders informed as updates come to hand.

http://www.walkerville.sa.gov.au/weeklyroundup
by Magellan
Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

dragonsphere wrote:
Mighty Hounds wrote:My info is that either Hartlett or Boak will be traded.

If they trade Boak, I will never ever be a member of the club again. Would like to see the Hartlett deal done though!

Can't see even %1 chance they'd trade their captain
by JK
Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy 2016

Sturt +27.5 (was 28.5 earlier today) worth a nibble.
by saintal
Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The rules of this forum have really turned to shit
by Sheik Yerbouti
Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to Jamies Italian this week, whats good

Atmosphere, staff/service, desert

what isn't?

Entree & Main

Actually it wasnt that bad the time I went, but certainly wasn't great. We went on a voucher, but if I'd had to pay for it, the review would have been on the scathing side. Hopefully the food is better when you visit mate.
by JK
Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

whufc wrote:
Zartan wrote:
whufc wrote:The shield must be an awful standard if Mennie can be its leading wicket taker!!!

Harsh

Gentle 130k, low arm action, no swing

No matter our test side is getting bowled out for 85, if Mennie is a serious threat

Huh? He's front on, his right arm is as high as he can get it.
by Booney
Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FISHING

Yep, tubeys and a nice little gutter to flick into. Dodge on Saturday but Friday morning would be great.
by Booney
Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FISHING

@Stumps and @Keefy, crabs galore on Grange jetty at the moment. Get there 2-2.5 hours before high tide. Easy going.
by Booney
Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

That Poisson Distribution thing looks pretty fishy.
by RB
Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

At this stage of the season I'm not worried about the opposition scoring 80 if we are scoring well over 100. I think the attacking gamestyle they are playing is allowing the opposition to score more.
It will get tighter as the year goes on, especially in finals. The key will be if we can transition this gamestyle from regular season pressure to finals pressure.
by MW
Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Brodlach wrote:Hampton out for 12 weeks with his ankle injury

That sucks. He can't get a good run at it. May have been dropped anyway but still a good depth player.
by bennymacca
Mon May 29, 2017 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stubbies V Cans

Love the tins. Especially the 500mL ones filled with IPAs and stouts ;)
by Q.
Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |