Search found 92 matches

Return

Re: Luke Ivens Retires

Congratulations on a great career.

I always thought the eagles were more of a chance to beat north when he wasn't in the side!!

He still seems too young to retire. Does anyone know why he has pulled th pin? Is it related to concussion given the recent Advertiser story that he featured in?

Off-topic, love some of the names to appear in that named North Adelaide team. Brings back some memories of another era i.e. Paris Fowden, Ray Ebel !
by Mr Fuller
Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

It was also a really weird atmosphere there. There were plenty of power/magpies supporters there yet they displayed zero excitement and passion despite belting us from the first bounce. In years gone by their supporters would have been gloating and giving it to us. But today.......nothing. Polite applause when they kicked a goal. Even their cheersquad remained pretty well quiet.

I'm thinking many of their loud-mouthed passionate supporters have given up and been replaced with well-behaved AFL supporters.
by Mr Fuller
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rnd 4 – Eagles v Sturt – Post game

Eagles 17.11 113
Sturt 15.17 107

One of the best games of footy I have been to in ages. Great sunny conditions, no wind and a cracking game of footy played by two teams with more emphasis on scoring rather than restricting.

Eagles got out to a reasonable 5 goal margin early in the third but Sturt never looked like a team who were out of the match. Both sides had no trouble having shots on goal except while the Eagles were landing their opportunities, Sturt were a bit wasteful.

Sturt were always going to come back but I was confident the eagles would keep their noses in front throughout. I was less confident after Sturt hit the front and with a large vocal home supporter based I expected them to keep on pushing ahead. Eagles dug deep and were able to scrap their way to a win in the large quarter. All in all a very entertaining game.

I didn’t think there was any standout for the eagles as all did their job. Powell had one of his better games, Poole was really good in the last half. Wundke played his best game for the club. Batley gave lots of rebound from the backlines including probably the goal of the day after his run from half back. Goldsworthy also played his best game for the season and Bornholm gave his all in ruck despite being beaten by Kurtze.
A couple of glaring things though that the eagles need to consider.

Sumner and Jarrad are pure fielders yet Godden is determined they be seen as defenders. This works ok when the game is being played on our terms but when the tide is against us they are both liabilities down back for their inability to defend, lack of defensive mindset and obvious dislike of any body contact. If the ball is brought in quickly to a contest involving either of them, their opponent usually wins. On three times throughout the match Jarrad was soundly beaten as he has clearly no idea how to spoil. This almost cost the match. They should be both played on the wing and on the half back line as an absolute minimum.

The other thing we need to be careful of is that we are carrying about 4 guys who appear to be on verge of (if not already) overweight for a footy player. Incredible really. Makes me wonder whether the conditioning coach got us fit over the pre-season. Will be interesting how we fare against quick teams on big playing decks.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

I'll take a great bit of pride out of the weekends game if we can take the W away from Noarlunga. Awful lot of haters of Ainger, Boyd and Wundke out there. But the question has to be asked - why did they leave. Look after your own backyard and maybe your players will want to stay and play for your club. Don't blame the Eagles because they wanted to leave.

I think you will find it is "how they left the club" that has pi$$ed off South supporters (and trust me ...we have a right to be pi$$ed!) :evil:

In the case of Wundke, didn't he leave the club for exactly the same reason that he came to the club?

Pretty sure that is how Parry came to be as South as well.

Eagles recruiting Boyd had nothing to do with South Adelaide
by Mr Fuller
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - South V WWT Eagles Post Match

Must say if there was a positive out of the day was to hear the South supporters give it most of the day to Wundke Boyd & Ainger ....

Especially going down the race after the game. Wundke looked very uncomfortable with head down ... While Ainger gave a smile :)

Boyd was beaten all day by Veide !

Big chants and shouts of "show me the money !" and "who ate all the pies!" :lol:

We will take the loss but we will be back with a vengeance next week :)

Good effort with no bench and injured players on the field (Achee , Cross).....

If I was a eagle supporter I would not be gloating about today's win by any means .

Wundke is a big boy no doubt. Was ordinary first couple of weeks but has showed his value in the last two games. Great to have a full-forward who is a reliable kick for goal for a change!

Eagles are certainly not gloating and will take any win they can get given we are missing a host of regular senior players who will hopefully be right to go next time we play South.
by Mr Fuller
Sun May 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R16 Eagles v South @ Maughan Theim Hyundai Oval 9/8/14

Nothing good to come out of this game aside from a welcome return to form by Goldsworthy. A typical, gutless, pathetic effort from this group of pretenders.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Godden has to go at seasons end and there has to me massive turnover with playing personnel from the league and reserves squad.

Thanks very much to WWT for keeping Ainger in for one last try... probably in the faint hope that he would show some backbone against the club he betrayed... despite the fact he managed 1 goal..he was a great asset for us, kicking the ball directly to former team mates regularly.

Wundke, a former Ken Farmer medalist was soundly thrashed by perennial Panther favourite Brad Crabb, who has stayed with the club through some of its darkest times, (on a modest salary Id assume..) and is now enjoying some modicom of success. Boyd of course was his usual busy self, racking up meaningless possession after meaningless possession, few of them earnt .

Actually this is fairly accurate.

The heart, sole and passion of the team has been swept away by recruiting these types who've come to the club for $$$

The fabric of the club and the community it represented has been lost through losing our heartland to another club

The integrity of the club has been killed off with the Eagles' Board bending over in support of AFL

I fear this club is in a deep, deep trouble. Not sure whether we will recover from what this season has turned into.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach

saintal wrote:The new appointment should be somebody not currently coaching an SANFL team.

Also someone who lives and breathes SANFL and supports maintaining its independence from the AFL.

Good on Godden for having the courage to resign from the position to fully focus on his club.
by Mr Fuller
Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Godden extends contract til 2017

Can't say I'm happy about this. Given his failure to get the club to play consistent footy over the last 3 years I would have much preferred the club to wait until at least the last half of the season to see how we were placed.

"The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is delighted to announce that Senior Coach, Michael Godden, has signed on to coach until the end of the 2017 season.

Club CEO, Peter Schwarz, stated “Mick is an outstanding Premiership coach who continues to lead our Club on the path to success. Securing Mick until the end of 2017 is a major step towards the Eagles achieving ultimate success.”

Michael Godden commented that “we have unfinished business at the Eagles and I am truly excited about where we are heading. To coach this Club is an honour I look forward to repaying the faith shown in me by the Board, members and supporters.”

By the end of the 2017 season, Michael will have coached the Woodville West Torrens Football Club for 8 seasons, making him one of the most experienced and credentialed coaches in the Club’s history."
by Mr Fuller
Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Central v Eagles @ Playford Alive (Sat 25/4)

Disappointing that you take offence to observations Ferret. I comment on all the good performances and bad performances on most games but it appears you have no stomach to read the latter even when it is absolutely warranted. I do watch most game Ferret. How about yourself? Were you actually dedicated enough to make an effort to take the drive to Elizabeth on the weekend to watch (in potentially poor weather) the match? I know many eagles supporters who weren't. What in my comments about the game were not accurate? Godden coached well, he has changed his game-plan from last year and it looks great. We had some great players as well as some passengers. Get over it FFS and stop being so precious!!!
by Mr Fuller
Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Thought I'd start something in a particular thread to highlight exactly where we are at. These are all to the first week of May:
Year Average
1997: 4016 (20 matches, to Rd 5)
1998: 4204 (23, Rd 6)
1999: 3839 (23, Rd 6)
2000: 3322 (35, Rd 9)
2001: 4193 (23, Rd 6)
2002: 3887 (23, Rd 6)
2003: 3440 (23, Rd 6)
2004: 3575 (19, Rd 5)
2005: 3273 (23, Rd 6)
2006: 3315 (23, Rd 6)
2007: 3330 (19, Rd 5)
2008: 3440 (24, Rd 6)
2009: 3270 (24, Rd 6)
2010: 3693 (24, Rd 6)
2011: 3791 (19, Rd 5)
2012: 3349 (26, Rd 7)
2013: 3407 (24, Rd 6)
2014: 3635 (20, Rd 5)
2015: 2807 (22, Rd 5)

Yep I suspected as much. This year the hype, passion and interest just seems to have vanished more so that any other year. Not sure whether it was the start of the season later on in the year, the fact the first round was split rather than featuring all teams, the weather or something else.

Going forward, I just cannot see this crowd situation improving which will be incredibly sad. I don't believe for a second that any of the officials could say hand on heart that the introduction of the Power/Crows has been a success.
by Mr Fuller
Mon May 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: state squad announced to take on WAFL

I hope we win and make a statement. Why would people continuously bag the competition . I understand the league has made some poor decisions, yes I have no time for AFL reserves but get behind your team and the whole competition would be more mature. Good appointment with Cornes too.
I bet if he was appointed Glenelg coach it would be well received.

I always enjoy the State games, always watch (or attend) them and really don't have any issue with Cornes as the coach. I just think that to really 'get behind' the team you need to have it on tv if it is played interstate. Without it being on tv, its really hard to to care that the game is being played.
by Mr Fuller
Wed May 20, 2015 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13: Sturt v Eagles - Saturday 11 July @ Unley

Eagles by 3 goals.

Nostradamus!
James Boyd ruptured his groin Wed night at training. Best case scenario will be 6-8 weeks but according to the man himself, probably out for the season. Players like Schwarz, Appleton now need to stand up as there is a spot for the taking.
Hard earned win at PM Oval. Allmond continues to impress as does Hall. Kurtze murdered us but to no avail in the end. Petrenko and Rowntree were significant with their tough work in heavy conditions. Coad excellent as 'sweeper'/'spare' for Sturt.
6 in a row for the Eags at Unley now apparently.

I was wondering what had happened to Boyd. I saw him hobbling to the team huddle during the breaks and he looked like he had sustained some kind of new injury as he could hardly walk. It would be a blow if his season has been written off although the team now appears to be playing well enough to cover.

I agree with Allmond continuing to impress. Since late last year he has really put some consistency into his games, got over all the niggling injuries he used to frequently pick up and really tidied up his foot skills. The role he has been playing in the backlines as a small defender, particularly in the absence of Goldsworthy, in the past few weeks has been really important.

Rowland looks to be a promising prospect having impressed on the weekend and the week prior.

Really pleasing is that we are getting the wins without the same one or two players starring each week. A very even team performance which is most important. All the players appear to have bought into Godden’s new game plan this season which has worked really well.
by Mr Fuller
Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Eagles vs Adelaide on Sunday

You know the competition is not compromised when the team sitting clearly on top of the ladder (Eagles) goes in as rank underdogs against the team currently sitting seventh. Sportsbet have got the eagles at $2.20 and the crows at $1.61. What a joke
by Mr Fuller
Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Given that Centrals have far more supporters than Westies the SANFL would have been pretty pleased with the crowd today.

I did find it really disappointing that there were at least a couple of people hanging around outside the entrance to the ground today who were trying to offload the free tickets they had come by (either through schools or local footy clubs). But instead of offering them for free, they were trying sell them off to make a profit!!! Pretty low act I thought.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Westies way too good, the margin flattered us. Great result for the loyal Westies people. The Eagles will need to re-think and renovate their house.

I wouldn't go as far as that.....clearly if Borholm, Rowntree and Poole were all playing then it is likely we wouldn't have put in such an insipid performance. Problem was that we lost all our inside grunt and weren't able to replace like for like. This also meant that many of our second tier players were being asked to step up and do more and they showed they weren't capable.

Until the last quarter we were only a couple of goals down so I don't think Godden had any real reason to completely rejig his gameplan. The only error I thought he made was in the first quarter by not putting Boyd in the centre square. He had a reasonable game for the last 3 quarters when he went in there but I feel we needed his ball-getting ability earlier rather than later.

Obviously the guys we brought into our side didn't have great games but can't really blame them - it is difficult playing most of the year in the reserves then being asked to step up to the intensity of the GF. I was more disappointed with guys like Hall ( 7 disposals), Petrenko (12 disposals), Goldsworthy (9 disposals) who either played in the midfield and/or have quite a bit of experience. I really don't know how its possible to spend the minutes they had on the ground in the thick of the action and end up getting so little of the ball.

In the end though, Westies far, far too good. Too big, too strong and showed the flair and intensity you need to win a Grand Final. Quite simply, we didn't turn up and the bloods did.

Over summer I don't think any major changes need to take place. We have the cattle and a gameplan that mostly works so its just a matter of the players (hopefully) hurting and maintaining the rage after a wasted season. I feel we are rich in outside midfielders but clearly now that Rowntree is out for 12 months we badly need a big strong inside midfielder who can accumulate possessions - quite frankly there is no one in the reserves who can fill this role. It will also be interesting if we pursue Redden who has been delisted by the Power. Today we got smashed in the ruck which was a big reason why we lost almost every single centre clearance. Thurlow was one of our big recruits and you would assume in on big coin. Yet he spent most of the season in the reserves and showed today that despite being the biggest and tallest player on the ground he appears unwilling to crash packs and get physical. We aren't going to be able to carry all of Borholm, Thurlow and Redden so will be interesting times ahead to see what they will do.

Anyway, I'm completely devastated so am going to sink some beers and try and forget today happened :D
by Mr Fuller
Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Not sure why Petrenko's name keeps getting mentioned as a possible top up. The only reason he played last year in the pre-season for Essendon was that he was recently out of the AFL and had been training with them. So his form and fitness wasn't that far behind AFL standard. Since that time, a whole season has passed and he has fallen right away in form (as is so often the case with ex-AFL players who 'come back to the fold' when playing in a lesser competition) and in particular his fitness. Really, he now doesn't stand out above other SANFL midfielders. There would be 1-2 midfielders from each club who would have at least as much chance as him in terms of being a top-up. Brodie Martin would be a much greater chance of getting recalled as well as central recruit Kavanagh and eagle recruit O'Brien.
by Mr Fuller
Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

Well done Sturt for finishing off the Crows

Nothing worse than being in a GF when the opposing crowd are not really passionate about the result. Yes, Sturt supporters will probably outnumber the eagles supporters 3 to 1 next Sunday but at least those of us eagles supporters who are there will be true SANFL supporters and will be cheering loudly and booing bad decisions. Hopefully we will add to the atmosphere. Unlike the crows supporters, winning this grand final against sturt means a hell of a lot to us eagles supporters.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

Say what you want about Wundke but he has been the one truly good player in the two GFs.
Boyd got a lot of the ball but often didnt seem that effective with it, not sure if that is his fault or game plan, thought Rowntree and Poole and maybe Allmond tried hard but were ineffective, and not much after that. Chris Hall needs to be offered the captaincy if the twos.
With all due respect to Kirkwood, was good to see Steven get the medal and not the high profile, easy choice.

Fully agree with your assessment there.

Wundke has performed in both grand finals. Petrenko and Poole were also brilliant today. If all our players played with their endeavour we wouldn't have lost. I also thought Thompson did reasonably well even if Beard kicked 3 goals.

Too many of our players chose the wrong time to have poor matches though when you apply pressure it really sorts out those who thrive and those who wilt. Boyd and O'brien got heaps of the ball but were mostly ineffective and the latter was a bit soft at times. I don't know what the hell happened to Hall today. Just non-existent. Something has got to be done about Ainger. Can't take up that much of the salary cap and be so unreliable. Rowntree just should have been put on ice until next season. It's obvious he isn't match-fit and has been a non-performer in all his 5 or so games he has played for us this season. McGregor was just off all day.

Sad to have Jarrad's last game for the club end like this. With his exit, it feels like the end of an era of a group of solid players for us over a long period (e.g. Colvile, Cicca, Treeby, McKenzie etc). Who will be the next group of midfielders to stand up and serve our club over a 10 year period.

Most disappointing thing about today is that the choker tag we worked so hard to overcome after finally beating Centrals is now well and truly fastened to our neck once more. Every single team that comes up against us in a future Grand Finals, no matter how dominant we have been over a season, now firmly knows that if they apply the pressure to us that we will be beaten.

Enjoy the win Sturt. Worthy winners and you simply were the better team on the day. Great crowd, great atmosphere.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Jimmy wrote:Byron Sumner training with Sturt according to club email.

Given Sturt won the GF by going in hard and playing tough, hard, contested footy, I'm not sure that Byron is the type of player that Sturt should pursue to be honest.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To be fair to Godden, the GF against Westies was always going to be a struggle (or at least line ball) given we completely lost our starting midfield going into the game. This was just unfortunate and completely out of Godden's hands

The GF was a different situation and one I believe Godden had much control over. I thought we clearly had the best team in the competition across the 2016 season and seemed to have a lot of depth such that we could cover players who were injured or just out of form. He went into the match against Sturt with a full strength side but just floundered against the pressure applied to us by a relentless Sturt (familiar story to eagles supporters over the lats 15 years??). Godden just couldn't get the players into the right headspace then during the match stubbonly kept players in positions who were getting soundly beaten. I think it was a case of analysis paralysis.

Can't do anything about those matches though so we just have to move on. Godden has an exceptional record getting us into finals so I have faith he can do it once more. But this will be his biggest challenge and will definitely show if he is a good coach given we have lost about 5-6 regulars and will go into next season without a genuine ruck-man. A lot will depend on our juniors it seems.
by Mr Fuller
Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hate to bring the AFL into it but I think Western Bulldogs played most of the 2016 season without a genuine ruckman. Instead they usually played taller key position players in that role - similar to how Bornholm has been used.

Recall also that Centrals killed us in one of Grand Finals through basically conceding the ruck to Lindsay but having in place a gameplan to read the tapwork.

Point being you can win without a genuine ruckman its just that it requires appropriate tactics - this is where the Coach's gameplan is crucial
by Mr Fuller
Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2017

Pleasantly surprised by the Eagles' performance today. Our intensity around the ball was excellent and our style of play and ball movement was instinctive, pro-active and entertaining to watch. Jack Hayes is a find and Nick Hayes was excellent. A complete team effort with perhaps Hall the main disappointment. Wundke and Lewis, both written off at the end of last season, obviously have a point to prove and played very well today

Pretty well my thoughts Wedgetail. The Hayes brothers were excellent. Loved the way Jack Hayes presented up forward and showed (like his brother) he can take an excellent grab. Really liked the look of Johannisen. Lewis looks a hell of a lot fitter this year and it showed with his ability to find more of the ball. Even big Wundke looks a fraction slimmer last this season thought to be fair, no matter his size he has consistently been a good player for us. Sinor got heaps of the ball but needs to work on his disposal - far to many clangers and turnovers from him I thought. Hopefully Whittlesea can also step up a couple of gears as he will be one of our main talls this year in the absence of Ainger but thought he had very little impact.

Giuffreda and Rowntree the only major players I can think of who weren't playing today.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Redden in for the eagles want to get a lot fitter than he was this year back at his home club.

Makes no difference. For years our club has tolerated a number of players who are/have been clearly overweight. With Wundke leaving the club we have lost a lot of ballast that Redden (even if unfit) won't fully make up.
by Mr Fuller
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Port v WWT

One of the worst games I've ever seen. Eags should have (not of) won by at least 5 goals. How much time in their forward half? 70%?

I would agree with that - but perhaps more like 85%.

One of the worst standard games I have ever seen. Division 5 amateurs at best.

I left the game late in the third quarter on account of the appalling stand. I did not care who won because there would be no winners in the aftermath - the fact it ended up being a draw was very ironic.

Anyway, I am not wasting my Saturdays watching this brand anymore. As I exited the ground I demanded the red coat on the entrance refund my money. Not surprisingly they just laughed and refused. Well they might be laughing now but he will be out of a job in about 2 years time when the SANFL implodes from supporters and sponsors walking away due to the standard of the competition

I will note be paying $15 to attend absolute cr@p like that in future. It seems that the skills and standard of the SANFL has fallen off a cliff in the last two years yet the SANFL keep charging a significant amount for adults to attend.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

The Eagles need a new coach
No point making the finals year after year and doing nothing.
47 points up today!!!
Absolutely Piss Weak
They have played finals for the last 7 years and have done stuff all!!!

Wolf Pack – I cannot agree more.

I am simply fed up with this club. No doubt we will roll up in 12 months time in much the same fashion finishing top 3. We will be outworked and outplayed by a more determined team and we will hear the same tired excuses.

Well I am sick of this. Godden – you must go. You’ve done absolutely nothing to progress this club and the game plan you employ does NOT stack up during finals.

You keep persisting with a midfield of plodders who cannot match it with the rest of the competition. You keep selecting a bunch of players who cannot kick the footy long, low and fast but rather kick scrubby little chip passes. Our team is stacked with frail bodies – Hall, Johansen, Boyd, Haylock – to name just a few who cannot be relied upon to go in hard during finals footy.

The entire team is inflicted with self-doubt that has been left untreated for so long it is now not curable. I wrote last year and I repeat. Every single club that comes up against us in the finals – no matter how far behind they may be – knows that there is a good chance we will choke. And that is a dangerous spot for us to be in.

We know Godden won’t make any wholesale changes. He never does. And we will hear the same BS messages about how he is so frustrated etc. So I’m sorry, you must go.

As far as next week, it is difficult to know how North will go. Did they show how dominant they can be? Or did they come up against a mental head-case that allowed them to get over the line? Clearly, if there was any other team in the competition playing today North would not have been allowed to get back into the game. Certainly Norwood won’t fold like this p!ssweak club.

I’m predicting Norwood will do it fairly easily by around 5 goals or so. From afar, one thing that would be great to see is if Ryswyck can make it make into the team. It would be a great reward for a stellar career. With North a bit banged up from today there might be a few spots for grabs so who knows?
by Mr Fuller
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mick Godden joins Crows Coaching Staff

Godden was good for the club but you can't help but feel he may have underachieved in the premiership count given that we made the finals every year in his tenure and the GF 3 times for only 1 win. Hopefully the new coach will bring a more attacking game plan as our deficiency was kicking enough goals to win finals. Eags and sturt now competing in the same market, will be interesting!

Wedgetail, if you recall when Godden took over from Fuller all those years ago one of the things I recall him saying at the time was that he indeed was going to bring an attacking game style to the eagles. I think he did that for his first couple of years. Not sure what happened from about 2014 onwards but we suddenly became far more defensive often relying on strangling other teams rather than kicking big scores.

There is no question that Godden underachieved given the amount of times we finished top or second at the end of the minor round or got us into Grand Finals. That said, I often felt we had a pretty average set of players at times so it cannot be denied he squeezed every drop of the talent out of them. He also successfully brought through a range of junior who are now playing AFL.

But his departure was definitely overdue. His game plan just doesn't stack up in finals for whatever reason and he is too rusted onto certain players who continuously fail us in the big games. Only a new coach with a fresh outlook can overcome this.

Luckily, the consistency of the club over a long period, coupled with a history of sticking with a coach, means that the position of head coach of the eagles will be highly sought after. I expect huge interest from locals and those from interstate, including those younger coaches looking to use the club as a springboard to the AFL.

Anyway, thanks for your time at the club Godden and wish you all the best in your job with the Crows
by Mr Fuller
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

The SANFL want 1 in 4 board members to be female now and 4 in 10 in the near future. For Westies to have 1 in 10 is why they've been asked to diversify.

Why? What difference wil more woman make? Generally when you have woman involved it becomes more complicated.. PC Crap

Wow. Welcome to the 1800's ...

It's widely known and countless studies have supported the fact that having gender balance on a corporate/community board leads to better decision making processes and better outcomes for respective organisations (SOURCE: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-17/why-boards-need-more-women-to-make-more-money/8809222)

ALL SANFL Clubs should be transitioning towards having Board Director gender equity - the Victorians enforced it in law for sporting bodies (SOURCE: https://vicsport.com.au/board-quotas). It just makes sense in 2018.

That is an incredibly simplistic viewpoint and a long bow to draw that diversity was the main reason for the success of the companies concerned when there are so many factors at play.

Furthermore, the article you quote itself says ‘That is not to say that having more women on a company board guarantees a higher stock price, but it does highlight the case for diversity.’ i.e. it highlights a case…….consideration. It doesn’t mean that you rush out and implement it at all costs.

What if the female candidates that are interested to join the Board are clearly inferior to the men on virtually every metric aside from their gender? Do you really think there club will be more successful? Should they be appointed.

No one is arguing against equity, but rather this equity is based on ability not gender. And that works both ways.
by Mr Fuller
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles fall

Disappointing that we won’t be making the finals this year. At our best I thought we could match it with any team in the competition. The match mid-season against Norwood was perhaps the best I have seen them play in 5 years. However we were far too inconsistent and this in itself is why we don’t deserve to be there.

I believe our poor season was primarily caused to two things:

1. a very slow start to the year caused by difficulties adjusting to a new game plan brought in by a new coach after a very long and stable period under Godden. Starting so far behind the other clubs placed a lot of pressure on our club to go on a winning streak later in the season which was always going to be difficult

2. Major injuries to key players throughout the year such that we were rarely able to put our best team on the park. Players like Toumpas, Hall, Lonnegan and Boyd have all had periods of 4+ weeks out of action and many other key players have missed critical games when we needed them on the park. Our lack of depth has then meant that players who are not SANFL league standard e.g. Westbrook, Heinjus, Comittogiani, Haylock etc have been getting games and we have been getting belted.

Other key players such as Petrenko, the Hayes brothers and Giuffreda have had relatively poor years compared to the past couple of seasons. We need them playing at their best every single week.

Of course there has been a fair share of games where we were right in it and arguably should have won but for poor goal kicking which has been a problem for us all year. But poor kicking is poor football right. When you miss simple goals from 30m out directly in front then there are no excuses. The challenge for a player like J Hayes is to go away over Summer and focus on that and nothing else. Whether he can improve at his age is anyone’s guess.

Not a whole lot of positives this year but for mine the best would have been the recruiting of Jordan Foote. We’ve struggled to recruit players in recent times who’ve made an immediate impact and he was one who has. Unfortunately he wasn’t given a whole lot of support in the midfield due to injuries and form of the other mids but still maintained a consistency high standard. He should take out the B&F and I just hope he sticks around next year as his goal was always to try his luck in the SANFL with the hope of getting redrafted.

Redden had an exceptional year and might compete with Foote for our B&F. If he could only lose 10kg or so imagine how much better he could be !!
We blooded some exciting youngsters like Pickett and Meade who should get drafted so unfortunately we won’t see them next year. Lewis needs to retire and will likely do so at season’s end which will be the end of a pretty good career. We will be in trouble if either of Von Bertouch or Thompson decides to not go on because there are aren’t any key backs in the reserves ready to step up at this stage.

Going forward we need the usual that every club seeks. A key forward, one or two quick midfielders who can actually KICK the ball properly. Very hard these days to secure them given the AFL knows about these types from the time they are teenagers and drafts them. Unlike last season I can’t think of any former eagles player currently playing AFL who is likely to be delisted at season’s end.

Now that we can’t play finals this year I hope Lonnegan uses the last few games as an opportunity to test some of the U18s and Reserves players.
by Mr Fuller
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - North Adelaide v Woodville West Torrens

Not a great game, but glad to win and finally scrape ourselves off the bottom of the ladder. I think the highlight was the great turnout at the RSL at halftime, but the downside was that they ran out of stout!

Questions need to be put to the club’s powerbrokers about why we performed and prepared so poorly this year.
Same applies very much to WWT as well Very pathetic

Brace yourself for a world of pain in coming years Reddeer as we are fast reaching the end where all the players who formed the nucleus of the side for the past 10 years is coming to an end.

On the bright side we have a very well performing Reserves and U18 so even though the AFL will pick the eyeballs out of the talent here hopefully we will at least be left with a couple of players who can step up to SANFL level.

We will also be heavily dependent on getting 1-2 recruits who can immediately play SANFL standard from the get-go.

But unfortunately the years of us being a sure-thing for the Finals each year is now at an end. It was an enjoyable ride but disappointing we were not able to get more ultimate success during this period.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Of course the AFLW is here to stay but maybe it’s about time they stand on their own 2 feet and stop dining off the success of the Men’s comp. If they start charging entrance fees and get their own multi million dollar TV contracts then most people wouldn’t care less if the players were paid big bikkies. Bit rich of them to expect the men’s comp to subside them

At least we're moving forward as a society.
It’s got nothing to do with being gender based as I have the same argument with blokes at work that play at a good level of soccer in Adelaide and are always whinging about the poor money A-League players earn. Players pay is dictated by what income the comp makes so quite simply you want more pay you need to attract more people to games and offer a product that sponsors will jump at.
The women’s golf tournament just held in Adelaide is the richest golf event for male or female in the country so there is plenty of money out there for women’s sport if you can attract the right sponsors

That's such a narrow minded view. If AFLW attracts more females into participation it's highly likely those women will become consumers of the AFL therefore increasing viewership ( the biggest money spinner for the AFL - TV rights ) and potentially memberships of AFL clubs. Little girls, who ten years ago didn't dream of an AFL pathway will now buy guernseys from clubs, become members, consume the product that they once didn't and whether it's AFL or AFLW they're consuming it's good for the game. I watched 20 minutes of Adelaide v St Kilda yesterday, would have seen 8 or 10 little girls in Adelaide AFLW guernseys, that's revenue the club, the game, didn't have 5 years ago.

Plus, I'd rather the AFL put money towards the womens game over paying Brad Scott $600k a year so North don't have to.

I'd say the bulk of the women who play AFLW were consumers of AFL content well before the introduction of a woman's footy league. And they would be consumers irrespective of whether there is a woman's league going forward or not. That includes buying membership. Yes you could argue that a couple of parent's buy their daughters AFLW guernseys that would otherwise not have been purchased but the return on this would be far less than the money they siphon off from the men.
by Mr Fuller
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 WWWT v Centrals Saturday 1410

For all the moaning from some of the Centrals supporters on here I expected to come against a rabble.

Not sure what kind of standard the doggies have been playing in previous weeks but the team that came out against the eagles was actually pretty competitive with a few kids who you can tell will be very good once they get a bit more experience. Thought your ruckman did a reasonable job against an in-form Redden and was very impressed with Montgomerie. From an outsiders perspective the main thing you are missing at the moment is a key forward. Yes, its more than likely you won't play finals this year given how many key injured players you have and the inexperience of the current players but next year your team should be around the mark.

Eagles had a tough time at the Office and aside from our fast start we really only broke even with Centrals for the rest of the match. Very concerning was our wayward kicking for goal and wasted opportunities. Foote's absence was sorely felt in the middle but gave some others the opportunity to step up. Redden was great, Sinor had another good game and Von Bertouch probably should have probably ended up with 5 goals. Jack Hayes great around the ground but very poor with his kicking for goal. Lonergan looked underdone following his return and Rowe had an uncharacteristic quiet day - whoever stood him did a great job.
by Mr Fuller
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1410

The reserves play a good brand of footy and dont seem to turn the ball over as much as the league side.One of our concerns has been a lack of height at times we have 1 player in the forward line over 6 ft the rest are 5 ft 10 at best. I think we need to give Jeff Andrews a chance and see what happens next year definitely need to improve the list but somehow improve the appalling skills we have.You are right about Boydy he has been outstanding and is the only player who consistently knows how to use the ball with effect .

Whilst it would appear the dogs will win the spoon this year I still maintain that your team isn't that bad.

Are you serious? They haven't won a game all year and don't look like winning one this year. How many other wooden spoon sides were win-less, other than Central's 1964 side. They rarely score more than 5 or 6 goals a game.

I'm referring to overall competitiveness. Whether you finish bottom and get 2 wins or whether you get 0 wins is really beside the point. I'm talking about how hard you push the better sides. Whilst bottom, your side is far more competitive than some of the sides Sturt was fielding in early 90s as I recall. For example, I googled season 1991 and 1992 the three and two wins but with a percentage of sub 40%!! They were getting belted virtually every week. Your team is not getting belted i.e a much stronger team. And kicking 5-6 goals per week isn't that bad when the opposition is only kicking 8-9 goals. The point is it will only take 1-2 good recruits and/or a couple of juniors to come good and things will turn around very quickly. Its not all doom and gloom :)
by Mr Fuller
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Eagles v North Sunday 1440

We need to sort out our rucking situation given J Hayes won't play this week. We can't have West playing alongside Redden as it makes the team too slow. We will go in shorter this week.

A couple of injuries to key players on the weekend will certainly make things tougher.

I wouldn't expect Goldsworthy to be return, and not sure whether Lowson is match-fit yet. Similarly Lonergan would want to have a few games in the reserves to find some fitness and prove he is over his injuries before returning. I'd assume Pudney will come in to cover Hall. Not sure who will replace Toumpas?

I could see Sheedy throwing another curve ball this week and going with an untried youngster. Maybe even Poulter from the U18s?
by Mr Fuller
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Like I said a couple of weeks ago when Centrals lost by a couple of goals to the eagles and a number of doggies supporters were going hysterical about how putrid the team is...........they aren't that bad. From the matches I have seen your team seems to be highly competitive for half a match or so then fall off in one flat quarter and this costs you the match. With such a young team that is bound to happen. But against the eagles i saw quite a few of those youngster who certainly have got a lot of ability. And this is complemented by four or five reasonably good veterans. I knew it would all come together at some stage and I wasn't surprised you got a win against an inconsistent norwood.

Who might get drafted from the doggies squad this year? Perhaps only Durdin? If the bulk of that squad stays together and you recruit at least two experienced players who can immediately contribute then with natural progression of those youngsters i reckon your team could rapidly rise next year and jag many more wins.
by Mr Fuller
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg Saturday 1334 (not a typo)

I had to doublecheck then, to see if you were an Eagle or a Tiger ...

A WWT vs Glenelg Grand Final would be interesting. They couldn't both lose it.
Interesting crowd, a bunch of wife-swapping gongbeaters. :D :D

Bugger Me (pun intended), a couple of wins and arent the Northern Mongrels up and about.... :lol:

Last time I talk nicely about the doggies I think :)
by Mr Fuller
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

The South Australian Football Commission is pleased to announce the appointment of experienced business advisor and independent professional director Janet Finlay as a member of the Commission.

A chartered accountant and former partner of Big 4 accounting firm Ernst & Young, Ms Finlay was appointed to the Commission this month on a two-year term.

Ms Finlay has a strong commercial and finance background with extensive experience across a wide range of public, private, international and not-for-profit organisations.

She also holds numerous board roles in South Australia, including with SA Water Corporation, the University of Adelaide, St John Ambulance and Libraries Board of SA.

Commission Chairman Rob Kerin said Ms Finlay’s high-level experience in financial and risk management would be invaluable to the leadership of South Australian football as it continues to face the significant financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Janet brings to the SA Football Commission great knowledge and experience in leadership and strategic thinking. She is accustomed to working in complex and uncertain environments and her insights will contribute greatly to our role to lead, protect and grow football in South Australia,” Mr Kerin said.

Growing up in Canberra where rugby league was the dominant code, Ms Finlay took a keen interest in Australian Rules after moving to South Australia in the early 2000s.

“My husband and I went to a Port Adelaide versus Hawthorn semi-final at ‘Footy Park’ in 2001, knowing not very much about the game or the teams…it was a nail-biter and I was hooked. Unfortunately, Port lost that match but I’ve followed them ever since,” she said.

“I’m passionate about ensuring football is safe, welcoming and inclusive at every level.

“I hope with fresh eyes and a love of the game, together with finance, commercial and governance experience, I can support a sustainable future for football in SA.”

The SA Football Commission comprises seven elected members and two appointed members.

Ms Finlay is an appointed member after Louise Small became an elected Commissioner for a three-year term in March this year.

“I’m passionate about ensuring football is safe, welcoming and inclusive at every level.

This should be a given. But I would hope this passion does not distract from what should be her #1 focus which is to ensure that the competition remains strong and competitive and making sure all clubs remain commercially viable.
by Mr Fuller
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Wow... so it's rude to suggest Wedgie is drunk but Wedgie can call a player an arse clown... go figure.
Abusive comments like that are way out of line whoever you are.
Butch was inconsolable after the game.
Kicking yips have always been part of his game. I for one hope he will go around again next season. I also hope he doesn't log onto this forum. Last thing he needs.[/quote]

I don't know the reasons why Butcher wasn't originally planning to play this years. And tbh i can't even remember if he was playing at the dogs last year :) But what i do admire about the bloke is that he suited up to help out when the dogs were crying out for a tall presence and also admire that the guy puts so much effort in despite copping sh!t from supporters and players about his kicking every week. Yes he had a shocker with his kicking on Saturday but most times i've seen him in action this year he has actually been pretty good - certainly no less accurate than Jack Hayes has been for the eagles in front of the sticks. He still takes one of the best contested marks in the competition. He is definitely someone the dogs will be hoping sticks around next year because he is a target and will command the opposition team's best defender.

Great match to watch from a neutral supporter's perspective. I had the game on (via the SANFL app) in preference to watching the Crows. Centrals looking more and more impressive with their youngsters coming through. But not sure whether the dominant factor causing the closeness of the game was Centrals playing really well or moreso Glenelg ordinary? Given this game and their pathetic performance against the eagles a week ago, glenelg need to find some form quickly or else they are going to get knocked out of the finals really quickly.

At this stage it feels like it could be a South vs Eagles GF as the two form teams.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Will we have a little Sauce added to the Eagles next year?
Giants ruckman Sam Jacobs announces retirement
With Baulderstone most likely pulling the pin I wouldn’t be surprised if we also had a chat to him
Question: if the SANFL salary cap is going to plummet next season as some predict, then how are clubs going to afford to recruit recently retired/cut AFL players like Jacobs?

Depends on the age of the player I think. Players cut from AFL lists who are still young enough to legitimately have a shot are being redrafted (ages 20-23) and still have dreams to do so will come back to the SANFL I think because they need to play in a strong State league competition to put their name forward to recruiters. Its those players aged 24+ who may be harder to lure back as their AFL dream is dead and they'd probably seek a footy competition that would pay them most $$ whether that is country footy or whatever.
by Mr Fuller
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Very entertaining game to watch and played in good spirit between both teams.

Whilst the dogs played well I think they got every little bit out of their players to get the win whereas I think we just left a little in the tank and always thought we'd get the goal we needed.

Eagles probably only had a couple of players who played well across the four quarters - Tsitas, Toumpas, Thompson - but had a number of players who only had a good first or last half. Hall's arm/shoulder injury looks serious and I wouldn't expect him to front for the remainder of 2020. This probably opens the door slightly for Pudney to retain his spot although probably needed to firmly grab it today. With Jones and Hayes certanties to come back for the first week of the finals the omissions from today's team will be Westbrook (definitely), West (likely, though was serviceable today). If Goldsworthy is fit he will come in for either Pudney or Jungfer. I wouldn't expect Lonergan to overcome his injury until possibly the GF (if we make it) and even then I wouldn't risk putting him in the team because he will be underdone and is to risky to play.

Centrals supporters should be looking forward to next year. With some close losses arguably one of the form sides over the last four weeks or so. Some excellent players you can see have made some huge steps as the season has gone on and with your reserves doing it comfortably over us today as well to secure top spot you are well placed for next year.
by Mr Fuller
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Central's persistence gave them a deserved win. Clean ball handling has been a feature of the Eagles this year, it wasn't there yesterday. Expect up to 5 changes next week. We really missed Mansell's rebound from defence yesterday. Hall looks cooked for at least 2 games, Pudney showing he could be an adequate replacement though on the wing.

Hayes in for West
Jones in for Jungfer
Mansell in for Westbrook
Firns or Lee in for Hall (inj)

Goldsworthy and Lonergan would perhaps want to prove fitness in Reserves?

I think Pudney has grabbed his spot for the first final - played well and made the most of his opportunities.

I thought the absence of Jones yesterday proved how important he is to the team as well. Perhaps as important as Jack Hayes and Redden, given he can take a tall, as well as intercept, as well as provide run and penetrate with his kicking from the back lines.

If Goldsworthy is deemed fit I'd play him. Not so for Lonergan - not sure he has finished a match all year. I've thought Firns has been the unlucky one all year. Each time he has played he's shown something. Also by having him in the team it frees up Sinor to play a more attacking role over the clamp down role he often plays in the absence of Firns.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

I'm assuming that Andrews was full-time?

Apparently the Football Commission or league directors are meeting tonight and are expected to determine that there'll be no full-time coaches in the SANFL in the future.

Not sure why they'd impose that restriction or how it'll be enforced, but perhaps that has something to do with Andrews getting the sack. I'm not sure whether Grima is FT.

Apparently they're also going to reduce the salary cap to $304k.

The SANFL commission are treating the clubs like children. If the club is able to shift resources around the club by cutting back in some areas and boosting them in others then that is their own business. Maybe some clubs struggle to run as a business but that certainly doesn't apply to all. The SANFL need to butt out.
by Mr Fuller
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final Eagles v South

I don't reckon the panthers will need any encouragement to be fired up from the first bounce.

The Eagles are the ones that need the kick up the a@s given their typical 'low energy' approach to finals.

Honestly, there is no excuse for either team not to bring the intensity required.

I predict this will turn into a very physical match - lots of hits, scuffles and 50m penalties.

Whichever team channels this aggression at the ball and not the body will win this match
by Mr Fuller
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final Eagles v South

My info Eagles have dropped three from last weeks side .
Lonergan is an in he should improve the midfield
Tsitas must start on the ground this week.
And Eagles must play their fast run game it’s time Eagles now it’s do or die .

Staggered that they would roll the dice on Lonergan. Yes he is a very good player but has he finished a match for us this season?

I didn't even notice that Tsitas as on the bench commencing the match last week. A puzzling decision.

Great to see Sheedy not accepting that mediocre performance last week. I will be very happy if it is Poole, Pudney and Commitogianni. Bring in Jungfer - he is young enthusiastic, has great attack on the ball and can play multiple positions. If he does come in this free up Jones for us to use him in a more attacking role.

Really hoping Mansell overcomes the concussion and is playing. I don't think we have someone who can play that small defender role which makes him so vital.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

Go eagles!!

I've feeling confident that we will win but we must ensure the following:

- come out showing intensity
- this intensity must be about going hard at ball and body not weak, cheap shots behind the play
- discipline. We cannot be giving away 50m penalties, getting into fights that cause umpires to reverse decisions
- don't overuse the footy with lots of dinky handpasses and chips sideways when one long kick will suffice. Lets play like we did earlier in the year
- the first option is the best option. Don't overthink. Just keep pumping the footy forward to put the pressure on.

No rain forecast so we must make use of our big guys who can take a grab - the Hayes boys, Von Bertouch. Even Redden.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

[quote="Both Commitgiani and Seymour were very unlucky to miss out on a league premiership, having played most of the season. Also Chris Hall who injured his shoulder late in the season. Full credit to Comma for putting the team first. He thoroughly deserves a medal. At Adelaide Oval in Round 2, having lost to South in the first game and trailing Sturt, Comma went back with the flight to contest a gutsy mark, took the hit and I reckon that act and moment set the tone for the Eagles to win that game and go on from there.[/quote]
I forgot Seymour . Played most of the season. Very unlucky. And Chris Hall is first 18. Medals deserved.[/quote]

Seymour was a victim of us needing to curb North's multiple small forwards. Against any other side he would have played in our League team but we needed to bring an additional small-medium speedy defender to counter them. Hence Jungfer came in and Seymour was left out. A very smart coaching move but doesn't make the decision to tell the player any easier. A few weeks back Seymour was close to BOG with 25 odd possessions.
by Mr Fuller
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

The SANFL clearly has a low opinion of clubs and their ability to manage their own affairs.

They treat the clubs like toddlers.

Very short-sighted decision and only speeds up the death spiral.
by Mr Fuller
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles sign another player - Mitch Hardie, 24yrs old 185cm forward from the Canberra Demons. Two time NEAFL team of the year.
by Mr Fuller
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil wrote:Not sure if it has already been mentioned but Eagles will be down 2 x quality Premiership players next year.

Sam Lowson (VIC) and Jordan Foote (NSW) are both returning home to their native states.

Any news yet on whether Tsitas will be returning?
by Mr Fuller
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't think of a season in recent time where so many ex-AFL players have decided to play SANFL after being delisted or retiring.

Beyond these players there are a host of ex VFL and NEAFL players that will be playing in our league.

At this stage there doesn't seem to be a mass exodus of quality players from the SANFL that many of us were fearing due to the reduced salary cap

The standard of footy next year should be really high.
by Mr Fuller
Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Good chance to stand out in SANFL rather than the eastern states league with 20 odd teams and a heap of competition for air time

Agreed.

These SANFL should be promoting the hell out of the competition for next season given all these well known names e.g. Gibbs, Puopolo etc
by Mr Fuller
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |