Search found 54 matches

Return

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

I can't believe the Bay "supporters" who constantly run down their club. They are fine when winning though.
I hope he goes well.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

I can't believe the Bay "supporters" who constantly run down their club. They are fine when winning though.
I hope he goes well.
5 posts and not declaring who you follow?
Your rock is calling to be crawled back under.

1138 posts and you have . Can't you comment unless you declare your side ? You just verified my comment you fool. Very funny . I enjoy the game , can I still post ?

Stevens has been in the AFL system and may go alright. I hope he does anyway.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Richard Tambling will be with Sturt next year.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Panther Pack wrote:Okay so if a player isn't selected to play for a clubs League side then where does he play?

oh dear.
by Bounce of the ball
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

I'd rather spend a weekend locked up with Bevan Spencer von Einem and his mates than taking out another team's membership, but that's me.
I'd rather spend a weekend locked up with another team's membership than take out BSVE and his mates...

Except the Groggies, gotta draw the line somewhere ...

I think bringing in extremely sensitive and sick posts is a disgrace. You low life . You scumbag. You should be ashamed of yourself . It's a footy forum ,why don't you trying posting footy comments . His posts should be deleted they are disgraceful. Post about footy if you have the ability.
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Good to see those involved having a sneak peak and doing research. Finally some professional image portrayed for the league. Its been going backwards for years but we just accept it . This is a big shot in the arm and hopefully an injection of professionalism for other media.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Channel 9 news interviewed people in the crowd. Mostly old fogies in the stand. Some were for the crows reserves, some were against. Then they interviewed this nuff-nuff in a Crows guernsey on the terrace who claimed that it was wonderful, "because there are thousands of people here who probably haven't been to the SANFL since 1990".

And they wonder why we hate them.....

Oh that's cute. God bless 'em. Having to slog a fold out chair over the shoulder maybe as well if they sat. They would have sat , I mean 2 hours on your feet is stupid watching footy. Taking into account a slight breeze without the stands protecting them , its a big day.
by Bounce of the ball
Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Symes Announces Retirement

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/more-than-10-serious-concussions-forces-magarey-medallist-brad-symes-to-retire-from-sanfl-football/story-fnii02s3-1226907109418
“But as disappointed as I am I still understand it is a football game.

“He didn’t walk up to me in a pub, punch me and break my jaw.

“It is a contact sport and it’s not like we’re never going to speak again, I just felt like I owed it to the boys (teammates) to work out what I was going to do before I spoke to the media or him (Grocke).”
by Bounce of the ball
Tue May 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

Knives being sharpened maybe.
You love it, don't ya? Wish I could be brave and not declare who I support, yet at the same time make imbecilic comments presumably for fun.
On the Tiges, I reckon we found a new rock bottom today. Worse than mid 90s rubbish. Really hope coaches and players are as embarrassed as me

Yep . What goes around comes around hey. A supporter base with many many loud mouths happy to dish it out but expect nothing in return.

I am bemused about how many just bag the club all the time.

You have been very brave declaring your team by the way. ;)
Ha, you are confusing us with the crows. But we, like all clubs, have moron supporters. Most with loud mouths.
I just find it amusing that you love the anonymity of this forum, yet still think your opinion counts. Strikes me as a tad trollish.

And you don't ?Or is that your real name. Gold.

Anyway as you rightly say all have morn supporters , some more than others.
by Bounce of the ball
Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 26/7)

North for me . Can we have supporters of both clubs supporting their teams this week ? Novel idea.

Support your team and stop running them down and even post about the game . It's a footy site isn't it ? Very juvenile or maybe no clue .
by Bounce of the ball
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

The issue is a player struck a spectator . I was threatened by a customer once , if I struck him or even attempted to I would have lost my job. It won't be the last time a player gets abused ...............
by Bounce of the ball
Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Hall of Fame Night

What most want is a SANFL hall of fame. Simple.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

Back to South where it belongs .
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elimination Final - South v Eagles @ AO (Sat N 30/8)

DOC wrote:
Jackal wrote:I think you will find Boyd has carried O P throughout the year and it got worse
during the latter part of the season.

I understand that he has the same problem he had at South and Centrals.

Egoitis
by Bounce of the ball
Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

It's a bit of the unknown really. Norwood fans WILL be there but not sure about the Port people.

From a TV audience view I hope it gets a big crowd to get a message that it's a good comp worth attending and still holds interest. But I would also like to see mainly Norwood fans to show the Magpies are irrelevant.
by Bounce of the ball
Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Your club must be proud to have supporters as special as you.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Panthers CEO resigns

MEDIA RELEASE

The South Adelaide Football Club’s Board of Directors are pleased to announce the appointment of Trudi Hower as Chief Executive Officer - Commercial of South Adelaide Football Club. Trudi worked in the automotive industry for 16 years, her last role as a General Manager for Jarvis Automotive Group. Recently, Trudi has managed private business ventures. As Chief Executive Officer-Commercial, Trudi will focus on the commercial side of the clubs operations, particularly looking at growth and providing sustainability. With Trudi’s previous experience and skill set we are confident she will be able to deliver on this. The South Adelaide Football Club would also like to announce a newly created position of General Manager of Football. This position will be filled by current football manager Neill Sharpe. Neill joined South Adelaide Football Club in November 2008 and has consistently performed at a high level. Neill is now responsible for all areas of football at South Adelaide Football Club. South Adelaide Football Club board members welcome the new appointment of Trudi Hower and the new role of Neill Sharpe, as of today, Monday 20th of October.

ANDREW LUCKHURST-SMITH Chairman
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

Not sure about scrap the cpa but increase it yes.

I'm certain about stop the crap though.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Not sure why Phil didn't respond to you Knowledge but did others after your post however why would he now change his mind or did he not sign as mentioned ?
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Not sure why Phil didn't respond to you Knowledge but did others after your post however why would he now change his mind or did he not sign as mentioned ?
Just responded, as above, Bounce of the ball...

To be honest, I didn't even see Knowledge's post, until you pointed it out, along with the point I agree with regarding already signing...

The mystery of season 2015...

Where will Angus Bruggemann play?

I don't know . Going by Knowledge obviously Sturt .
Yep, he has bet his left 'you know what' so he must be pretty confident...

At this stage, I'd take the word of the Magpies Football Manager over the Knowledge's knowledge, but we will just have to wait and see, I guess...

I wouldn't. Still think the same ?
by Bounce of the ball
Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1197am RPH Adelaide's Thursday Night SANFL Show

Hey Folks,

The show is on again tonight, as we close in on the home stretch of our pre-season club previews. Not long now and we will be discussing the teams with the season proper upon us.

We always look to diversify the guest list and tonight we look forward to speaking with new SANFL CEO Jake Parkinson amongst some of the senior coaches in the SANFL.

Make sure you tune in tonight, and every Thursday night from here on in, to 1197am RPH Adelaide, 8pm until 9pm, and catch all of latest SANFL news and interviews.

Tonight's guest list will include the following:

8:10pm - Jake Parkinson (New SANFL CEO)

8:20pm - Ken McGregor (North Adelaide Coach)

8:30pm - Mick Godden (Eagles Coach)

8:40pm - Brad Gotch (South Adelaide Coach)

Next Thursday night we will have the Grand Final teams edition with a Norwood and Port representative, as well as a couple of other special guests...

We hope you can tune in and enjoy the show and look forward to 2015.

Cheers,

Phil Aspinall

Grant Coffee

Early call
by Bounce of the ball
Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Memberships

Booney wrote:Pretty sure DOC was talking to Bounce of the Ball.

Nice rant though.

=)) =))

I thought he was too however it made no sense .
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4)

The siren at Glenelg is going to cost a team a game one day. Surely by now they realise how crap it is.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: state squad announced to take on WAFL

I hope we win and make a statement. Why would people continuously bag the competition . I understand the league has made some poor decisions, yes I have no time for AFL reserves but get behind your team and the whole competition would be more mature. Good appointment with Cornes too.
I bet if he was appointed Glenelg coach it would be well received.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed May 20, 2015 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - Central v Port @ Playford Alive (Sat 6/6)

A Port supporter will comment soon.
by Bounce of the ball
Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 West v Port @ Richmond

With the Academy players, the AFL players and other club people there yesterday, Port decided that it would be a bit of a tight fit to have everyone in the change rooms, so decided to stay out on the ground at half time. They weren't interfering with the mini league or the kick and a catch, completely a non issue. Was great to be out there mingling with players and coaches, hearing what they were saying, and hearing some Academy players ripping into Mark Clayton who was getting his calves massaged.
Maybe just the immediate team and officials for the day go in and not a cast of thousands. I have never heard of any other teams wanting there 18's , reserves and other club people in the rooms at half time.How ridiculous .
by Bounce of the ball
Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 West v Port @ Richmond

Bet they would have braved the change rooms if it was raining.

Poor old Port. Will they be allowed to use tarps at Adelaide Oval in a few years or request a new oval. ?
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 20

Can't believe people are believing Central signed Laird for 5 years.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boring to attacking ?

I have always said the SANFL coaching is about 5 years behind AFL trends. Have a couple of clubs caught on that the boring slow down , block up, straggle , very defensive and protect an early lead game ,is beatable at SANFL level? West seem quite attacking whilst defensively good as do the Eagles ? Two of the top 3 clubs and have played 1 less game than some.
I think the landscape is changing and that's a good thing. Where to for some coaches if that's true.
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15: West v Adelaide - Sunday 26 July @ Richmond

Sorry to differ but when I started seeing Sharon, her 8 year old was at a public school, often bullied because of his Asperger's & close to suicide at the age of just 8!!
We sent him to a private school & he received the extra help he needed & is going along in leaps and bounds.

All schools offer this help .Public and Private. Hope he is still going well .
by Bounce of the ball
Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

CENTURION wrote:I WIN!!

You did. Goes to show how well the site is run. Surprised it went so long. Activity is the reason.
What is the thread about again ?
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I WIN!!
You did. Goes to show how well the site is run. Surprised it went so long. Activity is the reason.
What is the thread about again ?
dunno man, I'm just sitting here, drinking scotch, listening to The Doors, coalescing the vapour of human experience into a viable and logical comprehension!
Don't no man.
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Power and Crows Players that have Qualified for Finals

Maybe discuss it in the AFL section ? I smell Tarps again. Must get a new oval soon .
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

1 of the teams has a decent following.

Suburban ground finals please.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elim. Final - Norwood v Central @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9

suburban finals thanks. Depending on clubs involved but I still say its a better a look for a TV audience
by Bounce of the ball
Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

PLAY THE FINALS AT SUBURBAN GROUNDS . HIGHEST TEAM GETS HOME FINAL . Surely its a better advertisement for the competition.
1 game Saturday / night 1 game Sunday. GF at Adelaide Oval.
by Bounce of the ball
Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

This makes me sick!! We come from 5th last year and run into Port in a Prelim while Centrals get a normal SANFL side that the Panthers beat by 6 goals a few weeks ago. **** the SANFL

Umm, so the team/club you couldn't beat on Prelim final day last year but they did on 1st Semi Final Day (coming from 5th) this year makes you sick how??

:shock: :shock:

What WCP is posting is that his team South were eliminated by an AFL reserves club last season
The same team South Adelaide voted NO against joining the SANFL

Had Port Reserves beaten Centrals last week , Im sure there would be some Centrals posters feeling like WCP is

Imagine this Ambays
Glenelg have a goods season in 2016
They meet Port Reserves in a Prelim Final, and are eliminated
How would you feel about that ?

He would feel shocked and surprised.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not fazed by Cornes coaching Port , not sure he is what they need to develop players though as he said he would be a tough coach. Words were good but delivery wasn't congruent. I'm more waiting for what will happen if Power have another poor year. Crowds will drop so what then ? No SANFL bailouts and no new Oval . Interesting next few years for the Power.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Chimney loos good. West have a sash so why not.
by Bounce of the ball
Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elizabeth & Unley to Host NAB Cup Games

Some grounds need work and facilities for players , coaches and even supporters comes way before a radio station.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This world of our's...

Religion is often involved with most conflicts In the world . I also don't understand why people get behind America as they also are a big part to play. They are the most violent country in the world. Certainly not condoning this terrorism crap but you have to ask why they do it .
by Bounce of the ball
Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MickyJ ill

Hope he is ok, Ill or had a fall ? Hopefully only a fall as there is a difference IMO. Good luck MJ
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Anyway , it's not about status.

Absolutely rewarding and believe me , it's fantastic on a resume'. You never know what's around the corner Phil. Include it mate.
by Bounce of the ball
Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

Harden up some of you. I expect none of you will attend another SANFL game the way some carry on.

Credit to Sturt for trying to make things work. Obviously said , well no Crows fans rock up at Unley so why not try and make some money by exploring a collaborative agreement. Hats off to clubs that actually THINK .
by Bounce of the ball
Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Court action is required if they are strong enough.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LOSE

be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).
"I've lost my appetite"
synonyms: be deprived of, suffer the loss of, no longer have, stop having
"he's lost a lot of blood but his life is not in danger"
LOOSE

not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
"a loose tooth"
synonyms: not fixed in place, not secure, insecure, unsecured, unattached; More
(of a garment) not fitting tightly or closely.
"she slipped into a loose T-shirt"
by Bounce of the ball
Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: financial projections

When clubs post continuous losses shouldn't the members start looking at the Board ? Glenelgs board looks a bit of a mates club.
by Bounce of the ball
Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is a 3 milllion dollar debt . Surely you are not that silly to think the AFL reserves teams made that . Yes 2 clubs voted no , so what are they now doing to "stop the rot ' if they think it is so important. Have they organised a club only meeting to discuss it and propose a reason why it should not happen and convince clubs to say no ? Have they rejected the 50k from the crows or just taken and ran ? I am against the AFL reserves, have said many times. Too many hide behind the AFL reserves inclusion as to losing money.

Where is your data to say the clubs are losing money because of it. Happy to see it and hopefully it is in your favor.

Go and get the appropriate number , as per the clubs constitution and vote your board out and then it is easily changed.
by Bounce of the ball
Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Academies

I think that is what will happen down the track. The AFL and SANFL have long stated our competition is a pathway. Not sure about that when there is a roundabout now in the way. How the SANFL cannot break the hold of the AFL is getting ridiculous. The sale of the licences as I have said many times , should have been a lot more and could have set a few things apart. We still rely to much on AFL funding unfortunately.
Funds of the licences and the footy park sale should be invested with a mutual benefit to the clubs annually. Huge opportunity missed I feel.
by Bounce of the ball
Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |