Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v North @ Adelaide Oval (ANZAC Day Fri 2

Wedgie wrote:There's a certain Norwood player who lives around the corner from me at Prospect who might get some eggs on his car if he racks up another 40 possessions! ;)

I'd wait to see how useful those possessions are first. Don't want to waste good eggs.
by rocketeer
Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v North @ Adelaide Oval (ANZAC Day Fri 2

Norwood have some decent inclusions
IN: Panos, Murphy, Roocke, Phillips, M Evans, A Wilson
OUT: O'Connor, Wicks, DeMatteis, Nunn 5 quality ins for North. Stokes might still miss out but I rate him.

Good to see both teams stronger, hopefully it means the quality of footy improves compared to last week. And whoever wins can claim victory was against a strong opposition.

5 quality ins for North. Stokes might still miss out but I rate him.

Yes, whoever the two that miss out can be considered unlucky but it's good encouragement to these guys to let them know how close they are to selection even with a team that's getting close to full strength.
by rocketeer
Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack Chuck

Footy Smart wrote:Is their any proof that the standard of grade cricket instertate is much better than here? its a good debate but plenty of variables

Apart from our inability to regularly produce competent First Class cricketers for the last 20 years or so, none.
by rocketeer
Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

The best April Fools jokes are the almost believable ones. This fits that category.
by rocketeer
Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4)

darley16 wrote:The Bays will win this, they're due :(

That philosophy is probably a good one to have for a South supporter. You are so due for a flag that you're certainties to win it this year ;)
by rocketeer
Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Broadcasting

Wedgie wrote:And how could the SANFLs publicity machine leave the winning goal off the highlights which involved Motlop kicking out from full back and following up play and eventually kicking the winning goal!

Cameraman left early to go home to watch the crows?
by rocketeer
Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGregor sacked!

Big Phil wrote:Daniel Healy has a sense of humour...

https://twitter.com/healsdj/status/610726168086474752

Really? Just seems like he hasn't moved on.
by rocketeer
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

arcadefire wrote:
goddy11 wrote:urprised by Matt McDonough to North. Thought the Eagles would have locked him in. He might think he is more likely to get a game there.

All about the $$$$$$$$

Yep, none left in the salary cap at the eagles.
by rocketeer
Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would any SANFL team consider 'John Butcher' next year?

A rumour going around at the Ressies final today that North are looking at signing him.

Chuck him to centre half back and he might be just what we need. I know people love to bag him because of his poor kicking but he is a real competitor, can take a grab and his kicking in general play seems better than his goalkicking. Given our total lack of height down back he could be very useful. Just as long as the deal is that little brother Danny doesn't have to come back to North too.
by rocketeer
Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2017

Jim05 wrote:Was mentioned that his wage has to be included in next years cap so yes he will paid $500k to follow his wife around the World tennis circuit

It just means his salary that the hawks are saving by him not playing can't be spent on other players, not that it goes into Vickery's pocket.
by rocketeer
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cricket coverage on Australian tv - ch9 lose rights

James Sutherland: There will be more cricket coverage on free to air tv than ever before.

Then mumbles through how it's due to the massive increase in coverage of women's cricket. That's great that there's more coverage for women's cricket but to even pretend it's comparable to ODIs that are leaving free to air is a joke. It's like he thinks the general public are fools...perhaps time we'll show he's right but I doubt viewers are going to find it a satisfying substitute.
by rocketeer
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Well done to south. I hope they win it all for their loyal fans. I'll keep this positive so won't say anything about my team except thanks to Mitch Clisby for his years of service.
by rocketeer
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |