Search found 133 matches

Return

Re: Someone Recruits Triple Magarey Medalist?

Blind faith?
Who was the biggest critic of the club when they've erred in my opinion especially when they stuffed around ex players such as Hargs?
Who couldn't get a question answered at an AGM because the board and CEO were scared of what I would ask?
Who was screaming blue murder when our major sponsor got to send a letter around in a club envelope?
Who was one of the biggest critics of some if the happenings under Jarman?
Who was part of a group that took the club on when the club wanted to merger?
Who was one of the clubs biggest critics in the whole reserves debacle?
I could go on but you've gone from half truths to an insultive ignorant lie now.
Geezus, the club especially under the previous CEO would have loved it if I did have blind faith.
I won't insult you but you're definitely more conformist to your clubs decisions than I ever have been!
And wtf has a grand final when the best side in the comp beat the side that came 5th go to do with anything? Clutching at straws now.
;)
by Wedgie
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Port Adelaide MAGPIES reserve will have the best 18 years old's that didn't get drafted to the AFL. Do you really think that a 18 year old that still wants to have a crack at AFL will want to play for norwood over Port. Having access to everything at a AFL club versus only having access to everything at a SANFL club. Sorry, how will they have access to "everything at a AFL club" if they're playing for the "Port Adelaide MAGPIES reserve[s]"?

Anyway, let's go through it all very slowly now:
1. The 18yo kid who's played Norwood from U/16s and played U/18s last year, is good. Missed getting drafted, and maybe not SANFL league good yet, but certainly reserves good, and could be good enough to push for league selection depending on performances in the 2nds.
2. Norwood obviously don't want to let him go.
3. So the only way he ends up at the Magpies is if he walks, and if Port Adelaide (on the current system) pay a transfer fee.
4. So, will he walk?
5. On the plus side, he gets a lot of talk about playing at an AFL club, having access to an AFL club's facilities, joining an 'academy' and playing for an 'academy team' ('cos that sounds so much more prestigious than joining a reserves squad and playing reserves), and living the dream of having a crack at AFL.
6. On the minus side:
• He will be training and playing with the 3rd tier group at the PAFC, and that fact will effectively be locked in for the whole year; he will be with the 2nd tier group at Norwood, and can instantly be promoted to the top tier if performances warrant it
• He is (barring an improbable run of injuries to the AFL list and the SANFL top-up list) guaranteed not to get a SANFL league game at PAFC. There are about 37 players guaranteed a SANFL league game before him (44 on AFL list + 15 league top-up - 22 AFL players picked each week). That's a massive whack of injuries required before he's even a theoretical chance; whereas Norwood can pick him for his SANFL league debut the minute he earns his spot
• Playing SANFL reserves won't get him on an AFL list. For someone who's already been passed over once, playing well at SANFL reserves level isn't going to impress AFL talent scouts. Every mature-aged draftee from SA I can think of, got the nod by playing stand-out footy at SANFL league level
• He is (if PAFC follow the rules) prohibited from being paid more than $100 per game by the PAFC because he's stuck in the SANFL reserves all year, whereas at Norwood if he earns a league debut, then within the SANFL salary cap Norwood can pay him whatever they like
• He has to leave behind his mates and club he's grown up with, which is a greater-than-usual pull if your home club is successful and the club you're thinking of transferring to, isn't
• The talk of 'if you wanna live the dream of playing AFL, your chances are better if you come to an AFL club' is an obvious crock. If they're interested in persuading him to stay, Norwood can point out to him: "Look at the number of players drafted and rookied from Norwood over the last 5 years, as compared with those wearing a prison bar guernsey."

There may well be the odd decent 18yo who requests to transfer over to Port Adelaide for a range of reasons, including that they buy the hype—in addition to the ex-U/18 castoffs who will make up the bulk of the 'academy'. People do irrational things all of the time, young people even more so.

But good luck with the claim that "the best 18 year olds that didn't get drafted to the AFL" will be lining up en masse to leave behind their SANFL club and train with the 3rd tier group at a bones-of-its-arse AFL club, in order to grasp the prize of not playing SANFL league footy and therefore not attracting the interest of AFL talent scouts.
by SimonH
Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Mainly aimed at the Crows fans

But would it be fair to see the majority of south australian football fans don't support the crows, when you take into account power supporters, interstate afl clubs supporters, SANFL ammo country fans who don't follow or support a side in the afl
by whufc
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Catch Cry

Could have saved them some money and time.

The competition formerly known as.
by Booney
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood 2014

Wedgie wrote:Jimmy Allan ruled out of the first game due to surgery on his toe.

No huge loss, not like he is Johann Wagner or anything
by Jim05
Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

More big picture thinking, the size of a postage stamp hey UK.

We can only imagine if Internet forums had been around in 1964.

"Two new teams? Oh my god, it'll wreak the competition. I hate change, it makes the sky fall in. That's it, no more membership for me, I'm not going!"

8)

i wouldnt have had the slightest problem if the sanfl introduced two new teams to the sanfl this season, i would have welcomed it, bringing the competition to an even 10 teams would have been good, i never liked the bye, just imagine two genuine teams fighting for a flag under the same rules as the rest of the teams. (and getting rid of the stillborn magpies in the process). why do simpletons always assume those against the afl reserves teams were against any change at all??

but the sanfl didnt invite two new teams to our league. they allowed two reserves sides from another competition to use the league as a play thing, to allegedly help them in a competition that has nothing to do anymore with our great league. all for a handfull of cash. shame :oops: they bent over and cried for the afl to see how far they could shove it in, and congratulated them on the result.

not that i expect you to understand beeny, you have shown repeatedly you dont give two **** for the league your beloved team helped shape. and when the afl sides **** of completely to their stand alone reserves comp (which is only a matter of time) ill not be sorry to see them go.
by tipper
Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Central v Norwood @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 12/

Another reason why the Ressies should play after the League is because the amount of rain expected in the days leading up to the match, if the ressies play before the league the ground will be in such a poor condition (understandable taking into account the rain situation) for the League match. Surely the best ground condition should left for the league game.

PLAY THE RESSIES IN THE AFTERNOON AT 3.30PM.
by nwdfanparade
Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

I have always followed Adelaide in the AFL and Sturt in the SANFL, my allegiances will always be with Sturt.
I was thinking about getting an Adelaide membership a couple of years ago leading into the move to AO as I live in walking distance to the ground, in the end I couldn't validate doing so as it would mean a full weekend of going to the footy as I'll always go to Sturt games when I can....the girlfriend wouldn't be happy basically so I canned it and I'm glad I did. I've pretty well given up on AFL now because of all the bull$hit that goes with it. The lies, scandals, hype and total lack of credibility as a true sporting competition and it's total lack of direction in the future.
Unfortunately this has now spread to the SANFL more than ever with the advent of AFL reserves. I'm getting prepared to totally giving up on footy in the next five years if we keep going the way we are headed.
by CUTTERMAN
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - North v South @ Prospect Oval (Sat 12/4)

rocketeer wrote:
southee wrote:South by 6 goals

blueandwhite wrote:Panthers by 22pts. 8)

Optimism in Panther land! I haven't seen that in a long time.

North by 27.

have to be an eternal optimist if you support a team that hasnt won a flag for 50 years....
by blueandwhite
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

This day was always going to happen. Now its here let rip all you knockers, get it off your chest. Your time has come.

bear in mind its the other way with the crowettes
Well that just sums up what a farce the comp has become.
8 clubs with one set of rules
1 club with another set
And Port with a different set than the others

You think a comp where, due to the rules 1 side will get smashed every week but another side that has a different set of rules could end up winning by 100 points every week, isn't a farce.

I can't think of any other sporting comp anywhere where all the teams playing in it don't play by the same rules.

Still, you seem comfortable with that
by johntheclaret
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I was at Unley on Saturday and the Crows' crowd was minimal, dwarfed by double blue. That is undeniable. Those that were there were almost apologetically quiet. Even a half respectable turn out of crow would've boosted the crowd into the 5000-7000 range.

Let's be realistic, if they won't turn up to an eastern suburbs venue on a superb, sunny afternoon on a weekend when their AFL side is interstate, god knows what contribution they'll make by mid winter.
by Ronnie
Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Glenelg v Adelaide @ Gilderol (Fri N 25/4)

Mic wrote:
LPH wrote:Looking forward to this game & 'catching up' with The Snouts :D
Will be interesting how many turn up - Tex back for the Cows could see 5000+

It will be a sellout...

Are you talking about the game or the league ?
by johntheclaret
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Norwood - Anzac Day - Post Game

A serious question though.

Now that North fans have seen Allen from the other side do they have a slightly different opinion of his impact on the game

North did well to quell his influence and he is also older and not as well prepared as he used to be. I'd like him on our side but I wouldn't pay overs for him. If James Bennett was coming back and we didn't get him i'd be more disappointed.

It's Allan with an "A" by the way (sorry, old habits die hard).
by rod_rooster
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

I'll take a great bit of pride out of the weekends game if we can take the W away from Noarlunga. Awful lot of haters of Ainger, Boyd and Wundke out there. But the question has to be asked - why did they leave. Look after your own backyard and maybe your players will want to stay and play for your club. Don't blame the Eagles because they wanted to leave.

I think you will find it is "how they left the club" that has pi$$ed off South supporters (and trust me ...we have a right to be pi$$ed!) :evil:

In the case of Wundke, didn't he leave the club for exactly the same reason that he came to the club?
by robranisgod
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

If North and Norwood pull in 36k plus at Footy Park then this game (with the averages of crowds at Footy Pk compared to Adelaide Oval in the AFL and the addition of 15000 SACA members getting in for free means it should be 60k plus! Throw in the fact a lot of people didn't go to Footy Pk Grand Finals because they were away for the October long weekend and the facilities/distance of Footy Pk.
Anything short of 40k will be a massive failure.
by Wedgie
Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

rocketeer wrote:Corey McKernan stated on 5AA that if he isn't picked up in the draft he's a good chance to play in the SANFL... for the Eagles. So that'd be what his 4th SANFL team (including Crows) in about 5 years?

Shaun possibly (although Woodville supporters might be more excited for Corey)
by jo172
Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

dedja wrote:We'll make sure the spoon is in good nick when we hand it over ...

Assuming Chiggy is still around by then, of course.
by StrayDog
Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Australians Overseas : IPL/County Cricket & Development Tour

Thought it would be good to have a thread on this given the IPL is underway, The County season started last night as well a few A and Under 19 tours getting underway shortly. If there is another thread here my apologies!

Lots of runs last night in County Cricket but not many Australians.

Tom Cooper made 47 before falling, Voges, Cosgrove and Hastings all bowled (Cossie only 2 overs) with Voges the only one to trouble the wicket column.

Also KP knocked up 170 against a uni side, Guptill knocked up 160 odd and retired, Jaques Rudolph made a hundred in his first game as captain.

Cosgrove, Voges, Handscomb should all bat tonight.
by MJ_23
Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL club reserves restrictions

Kick 'em out. All problems solved.
by Pseudo
Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v Port @ Adelaide Oval (Fri N 24/4)

Only really since 2001 that the previous years' grand finalists have played ANZAC Day every year

2000 - Norwood v Sturt
1997 - Port v Norwood
1996 - Port v West & North v WWT
1994 - Port v WWT & South v Sturt
1993 - Port v Sturt & South v North
1992 - North had the bye

Edit: 2004 no games on ANZAC Day, but Power v Western Bulldogs
The Anzac Day Grand Final rematch was a tradition for a long time in the twentieth century.

My records only go back to the year of my birth, 1954, but in 1954, 1956 and then every year from 1958 until 1985 inclusive the Grand Final rematch was played on Anzac Day or on April 26th if Anzac Day fell on a Sunday. Occasionally, especially if Anzac Day fell on a Saturday other games would be played as well, but the two Grand Finalists always met on that day.

After North played Glenelg in the Grand Final in 1985, the powers that be decided to program a "blockbuster" on Anzac Day rather than the two Grand Finalists, thus from 1985 until 1997 we rarely if ever got the two Grand Finalists doing battle on Anzac Day. Since then I think they have every year other than the year 2000. Even in 2004 Central and West, the two previous year's Grand Finallists played on the holiday Monday fro Anzac Day, so the tradition continued.
by robranisgod
Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

There is a lot of discord on here and a lot of " get over it" or "move on"
But step back for a second. Those who feel passionately about not having Reserve teams in the SANFL have a right to push their cause, and where else are they expected to do this other than on a football forum dedicated to the SANFL.

Anyone who suggests they should raise it with their clubs should think first.
A) Don't you think these people, so passionate about their league, haven't already done that?
B) During the whole 'debate', such as it was, how many of the 6 clubs that voted yes actually asked for their own members views?
C) Ergo, the clubs not having asked for views let alone votes from members, how many are likely to acknowledge or accept any dissension from any members?

In other words, where else are these passionate supporters of the SANFL supposed to vent their protests other than on a football forum dedicated to the SANFL ?
I note that many who take the "move on" or "get over it" stance are either Port Adelaide supporters or have the Crows as their AFL team. Either way those same people have an obvious loyalty to the AFL or their reserve sides and not ultimately to the SANFL.

Personally I think it is a shame what has happened to the SANFL forum on SAFooty.net and feel for the administrators who need to generate income to pay for the site. Many members have stopped posting, traffic certainly seems to be on the wane and this might be a worry for the admin team ?

I am sure the "move on" or "get over it" brigade will point the finger at the 'whingers' for driving posters away, without a single consideration that some posters have "moved on" and "got over it" by changing sports codes or just lost interest altogether. Or god forbid decided that the SANFL is no longer for them and neither is an SANFL forum.

I have a genuine sympathy for those SANFL supporters who oppose the unilateral decisions made by 'Their' clubs. I've taken the stance to continue supporting my club by way of memberships and sponsorship but I certainly feel the SANFL has been degraded by the inclusion of the AFL Reserve sides. But it is an easier decision for me, not standing on the outer every week watching my team.
I also acknowledge the absolute frustration, anger and genuine angst many members feel that a club they have supported all their lives made a fundamental league changing decision without having the opportunity to not only vote on the issue but even have a say.

Remember for true SANFL fans, like fans of other sports, their club is for life. It's part of their family, it's their wife, son and daughter, it's their best mates and a way of life. Those who feel betrayed by their club will feel genuine anger and heartache which sometimes you can't just "get over it" or "move on".

And if you think it's all bullshit, think how you feel when your team loses a grand final !! Now transfer that feeling every day of the week, every week of the season. It might be a bit easier when you have 2 teams, an AFL team and an SANFL team and therefore you genuinely don't understand what all the fuss us about? Well good luck to ya. Not everyone feels the same.
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

just a slightly different point to the current discussion flow.

of the 5 games this weekend just past, only 1 of the games has gathered enough posts to break into the second page. says a lot really for the "increase of interest" when the reserves sides were introduced.

back in the distant past (2013 and before) games used to get several pages on pre game, and have new posts created to post in post game, which would also break into multiple pages. who would have thought that with the introduction of the reserves sides would increase the interest to such a point that no one feels the need to write anything about the games anymore. what a world we live in......
by tipper
Mon May 04, 2015 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I disagree the comp was on a downward spiral in the last few years.

Crowd numbers have been trending downwards for a long time now, correct?

No, relatively stable for a decade before the decline when the AFL teams became involved.
Interest, memberships and sponsorships were relatively stable for that period too.
Having the Crows and Power in is a complete failure.
That's my reading of the figures. The GF crowd in 2013 being the biggest since (I think) 1999 shows that the interest from the general public (cf. the diehard supporter who goes every week) was at least the same as it was fifteen years ago.

The SANFL was affected by, yet survived, the introduction of the Crows and the Power. It has survived other difficulties such as financial pressures (e.g. North Adelaide - mainly thanks to the fans), substantially less media coverage etc.

IMO, the acceptance of $50k from the AFL cancers for admittance into the SANFL is less a concession that the SANFL is somehow inevitably going to fade away than a sign that the six bendover clubs, and in particular the league directors, just didn't have the stomach to work hard enough to maintain interest in the comp.

Take the Eagles for example (who BTW had made a profit in the year before the reserves decision was made despite big write-downs of assets). When asked how the club was going to get new fans from people born from 2013 onwards, given the saturation of the Crows and Power in the media who are now competing in the same competition as the Eagles, Kurt Slaven replied that it was up to us (the ~200 members who'd gathered to hear him) to introduce young fans from our families to the club. Apart from the fact that most of those members were well past the normal child-bearing age, this way is obviously never going to lead to the current supporters being able to even replace themselves.

The six league directors who voted in favour did so, in part, because it was far, far easier to bank a cheque for $50,000 every year than to actually get off their fat arses and do some work in the community, the sort of work that only Phil Herden does. The boards should be doing the same thing as Phil.

No-one can seriously maintain, looking at the crowd numbers, that the interest in the SANFL was on the wane. Additionally, the past has proven that when times are tough re the SANFL, it is possible to marshal support from the people who come out of the woodwork. I fear that the only people who will 'come out of the woodwork' now, are Taylor Walker fans.
by RB
Mon May 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 North v WWT @ Prospect Sunday 2.10

Don't know the problem. Maybe its also 25 season since North has won anything or is it 24.

1 1991 Played Sturt round 1
2 1992
3 1993
4 1994
5 1995
6 1996
7 1997
8 1998
9 1999
10 2000
11 2001
12 2002
13 2003
14 2004
15 2005
16 2006
17 2007
18 2008
19 2009
20 2010
21 2011
22 2012
23 2013
24 2014
25 2015
Just odd that the club has its 25 years celebration 4, yes 4 years after its 20 years celebration.

rather than complain online why not contact the club just saying that way this topic can die and let the suffering north people forget they lost again
by Mickyj
Sun May 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 8

SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 8
by scott
Sun May 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 - Glenelg v North @ Gliderol Stadium (Mon 8/6)

Bounce of the ball wrote:Playing for the"lets slag our clubs " cup. North by 4 to 5 goals .

If you ever find a club, feel free to slag it
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

Please note North supporters, it is only 1 Bays fan telling you this.
by Itchy Tiger
Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGregor sacked!

Squawk wrote:Who was the last coach at North to leave on his own terms?

Josh Francou :?
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: North v West - Saturday 27 June @ Prospect Oval

Panther Pack wrote:Surely Handby has to go?????

Why do you even bother?
by Brodlach
Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: North v West - Saturday 27 June @ Prospect Oval

Panther Pack wrote:Well after this big improvement that North brought to the table this week should the club look at giving Handby an extension in his contract so he isnt poached by a rival club?

You are aware of our club's record. Please STFU
by westcoastpanther
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Crows 2.10 Saturday

Pretty funny odds for a 2nd v 8th game at 2nds home ground.
A side at full strength and full of pro's v a side at half strength and made up of part timers, nup Ravens should be $1.10 :D
That's it.
These are the moments where the farce is so highlighted. In a normal competition a side surging from the bottom of the table signifies new found belief,or that things have clicked between team mates or an exciting new prospect has found his feet, ready to take the next step step. This genuinely validates the competition because they've discovered "what it's all about". When you've got a team suddenly winning games because they're getting topped up from a multi million dollar reservoir of talent from the next level up....
Well I guess it's good for the AFL pros, isn't it? And that's the main thing. Lucky we've got them to tell us what's good for us too.
by therisingblues
Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doctors attending SANFL matches

Post AFC/PAFC it has been extremely difficult to find Doctors to assist at SANFL clubs. When I first started at Sturt in 1980, when training was only 2 nights per week and match day, there was a Doctor and a Physiotherapist present at every session. Now, there is no Doctor during the week (this may be different at other clubs) but we do have a Physiotherapist at two training sessions. If the players need to see a Doctor, we receive priority service from SPORTSMED.SA during the week, so, it just means that players need to adjust their schedule during the day (like most of us) instead of having a Doctor provided at training. I wouldn't complain about this service, as our main GP often sees our players during his lunch break or at the end of his consulting list - the man is a champion, albeit a glutton for punishment!

It is a big commitment and unfortunately at our level of sport everything occurs out of hours. In saying that we receive outstanding service from a panel of Doctors/Specialists so that league matches have a Doctor in attendance. Our Doctors have not/would not refuse treatment to an opposition player if it was requested by the opposition club. I do believe, however, that there is a $400 fee (SANFL imposed) if an opposition player is treated by the opposing club doctor.

I would say that all clubs have at least one very experienced trainer. I am supported by a training staff that includes 3 registered physiotherapists who also work as trainers, also a final year medical student and several other physiotherapy students of different year levels. I know that WWT have an experienced HT and also an experienced paramedic. Centrals have an experienced HT. Yes, I've had to deal with dislocated joints (shoulders and fingers) without medical support in the first half of the reserves and other medical emergencies - punctured lungs, etc.
What worries me is where the clubs will find themselves when the current crop of Head Trainer's retire? The days of SANFL clubs having training staff and Head Trainers of long service are coming to an end.
by knowledge
Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seemed to be just another News Ltd sanctioned troll.
by Rising Power
Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Retirements

Coad great player. Duldig is one player who annoyed the "beejesus" out of me because he always seemed to save his best for when he played against North.

Wish them both the best.
by on the rails
Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

On both accounts, no way in the world would I allow anyone to inject shit into me unless it was my GP and I was sick or having a tetanus shot.

The players should hang their heads in shame, but I guess it wan't their fault they got caught.

We dont need to start this discussion up again, but if you are 18, and someone from the club says here take this, they would just trust that - as you have said you would do with the GP

What annoyed me with this whole situation is the Club Doctor, (Reid) has walked away from this without too many questions asked of him. He's still there. I would have thought that he would be the one to oversee this. If it was all done behind his back, then I don't think he was doing his job. But apparently to all the media and the club people, he's a really good bloke. Who cares. I hold him as responsible for all this as much as Hird.
by On The Chest
Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did anyone see the messenger this week?
"sanfl clubs say the success of footy at Adelaide oval has led to a downturn in crowds at their games.
"Figures released exclusively to newscorp Australia show minor round attendances at sanfl matches was down by 13 percent in 2015 and clubs dispute the theory that supporter backlash against the entry of AFL reserves teams was the cause."
"Instead they say the runaway success of footy in the city meant fans who baulked at live afl at West lakes had returned, causing some to desert the sanfl.
"' There's no doubt that success of Adelaide oval has had an effect on sanfl crowds,' WWT chief executive Peter Shwarz said.
"The league average attendance fell from 2819 in 2014 to 2453 this year.
"Crowds were down 6.3 % on 2013.
"SANFL general manager Adam Kelly said the cold winter had an impact and pointed to the fact league wide membership was up.
"' Crowds were) impacted significantly by the cold and wet conditions, ' said Kelly who added crowds were healthy in August. "

So apparently all of you who've quit local footy are sneaking off to Adelaide Oval without telling the rest of us!
Also, Spelly has somehow been accessing figures that were "exclusively released to newscorp Australia ".
And the rain that fell in August was responsible for crowds being down during July, yet somehow didn't affect crowds negatively during the month that it fell as they were "healthy " during that time!
They also seem not to have figures that show CROWDS ARE DOWN AT AFL GAMES AT ADELAIDE OVAL on last year. These figures which for the purposes of this article don't seem to exist would question why crowds have not, correspondingly, returned to the Sanfl.
by therisingblues
Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Fair to say after standing in the outer, watching ordinary footy, wooden spoons and near misses for 32 years I am so emotional at the moment I can bearly string a sentence together. Yelled my head off and have no voice but winning today makes it all worth while. Got to share a grand final victory with my two sons which is indescribable.

I'm so proud of these lads and where they came from last season. Was not a fan of the Mickan appointment but he certainly has made me eat my words. Well done to Mark.

Cannot believe I can say "we are the premiers"
by Brodlach
Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 seas

Hoff's best is hard to beat, his worst? Let's just say he's no orphan, but it needs some work. I'd still pick him in my team every week. :D
I reckon his best footy is when he plays the sweeper role in defense, his reading of the play is outstanding.

Absolutely. I think his best footy is played when he doesn't have an opponent . When it has been just Westhoff and Schulz as the key forwards and Schulz is the close to goal target it has meant Westhoff played much of the last 3 or 4 years as the CHF. Not ideal as he doesn't have the strength to muscle opponents. When he's been the mobile ruck option, the loose man in defence or the third tall with a Ryder/Lobbe forward he's had more success. Might even see a bloke 6'10" in the midfield for Port at times this year, or on the wing, or pretty much doing as he pleases.

I think Westy will be looking forward to 2016 in a personal sense.

There, fixed it for you
by daysofourlives
Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 20-1 REBs worst AFL Guernseys

15. We're a happy team at Richmond

The original Richmond kit only really clashes with Essendon but when you've only won two finals in three decades you can't blame the Tigs for copying the current league heavyweights. The jumper you see below only ranks about 9th in the list of Richmond follies since they last won a flag and certainly a long way behind winning the toss and kicking against the breeze at the 2003 national draft.

The big loser with this jumper was Matty Richardson. One of the most beloved players in the league, all of a sudden Richo became as popular as turd flavoured ice cream when he donned the Hawkmond jumper. They would have been much better off copying all the things Hawthorn does well rather than the one thing they don't.

image.jpg
"Hey it's me!"
by Rik E Boy
Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

stampy wrote:if you need a snooze before the festivities just turn on the WBBL on one

Bit harsh Stampy. Nothing on tv and quite enjoying it. Might be only win a Strikers team get today!
by Eagles2014
Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

Get the ****ing cricket on C10, you ****ing muppets!!
by valleys07
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aust tour squad v NZ announced - Sayers in.

Well done to Chadd Sayers for making the Australian Squad to tour NZ. Best of luck. :D

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/australia-test-squad-new-zealand-tour-bird-pattinson-sayers-hazlewood-siddle-warner-smith-marsh/2016-01-20?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nzvaus
by DoublebluTiger
Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aust tour squad v NZ announced - Sayers in.

Excellent news. They've picked the right blokes.

Read an article on cricket.com.au this morning the Bird and Doug Bollinger (would you believe it) were vying for spots. Bollinger are you f**king kidding me. Anyway great to see Sayers picked.
by The Dark Knight
Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

The lack of Glenelg fans posting is concerning. Such a well supported club when winning , yet nothing on here in adverse times. Shame.

A traditional SANFL club potentially falls over and their supporters are not rallying at all. These sites attract the most passionate but not much left from the bays it seems.

The afl reserves sides killed the passion for a lot of people
by whufc
Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

SAFE!!! What a knock by White!! Redbacks to host!!
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2: North v Norwood - Sunday 3 April @ Prospect Oval

148_12928259_10209276414170564_4146675991480780848_n_1.jpg
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem

Should be a good crowd, even as we speak Phil is handing out free passes to Eagles members. :P

images (34).jpg
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 discussion

Unlike us humans football clubs don't need to exist for a year befote you turn one.

1987 they were born, that's 1.....2016 = 30.
I know this has been discussed ad nauseam before in other threads, but I can't resist!

I have to agree with Wedgie. If you want to celebrate an 'anniversary' or 'birthday', you need to be around for at least a year. Customarily, we celebrate birthdays in years, and 'anniversary' literally means the turning or passage of a year because it it combines Latin words for 'year' and 'turn'. :-B

Righto, back to 'football', which is an amalgam of the English words 'foot' and 'ball'. ;)
by Magellan
Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |