Search found 93 matches

Return

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

when is the decision on the glenelg coach going to be announced?

(08) 8294 5333

Ring the club and ask them, don't listen to the speculative fools on here.

According to this thread, we've already had 8 "sure things" signed up, been down to the last 2 with 14 different people, etc etc.

Yeah I agree people are just throwing names out there without having any idea who the coach will be!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: India v Australia ODI Series

Bailey a lock for the first test!!!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield - SA v Qld, commencing 30 Oct

pafc1870 wrote:Forrest is still behind the stumps for Qld

I thought you said they mowed it? ;)
by Panther Pack
Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Watson is a useless HACK!!!!!!

How many chances does he get!!!!
by Panther Pack
Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Great knock by Smith really delivered when we needed him, I like the look of him in the middle order.

Boof is the new messiah!!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Adelaide 2014 Memberships Now Available

A lot of non South supporters mentioned they would like to buy a South membership and support the club for voting No so I just thought I would let people know memberships are now available.

Please see the club's website at http://www.safc.com.au for details.

Go Panthers for season 2014 #THEREARENOLIMITS
by Panther Pack
Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unlucky

John Howard?

That bowling action would have frightened a few!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

South dominated the 1890's with 6 flags wouldn't that make everyone after that a copy?

Personally I think flags won before federation have far greater weight to them and everything after is just so cheap and nasty after the colonies sold there soul to federalism!!!!
by Panther Pack
Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide

Wedgie wrote:
DOC wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Good old South , just as we slowly stop laughing at the Glenelg jokes too.

Oh for a 9 team competition again.

Any idea what South have done wrong?

Since 1964, everything?

We did Vote No!!!
by Panther Pack
Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

I have never understood why there can't be 2 teams with the colours of black and white in the AFL. The designs of the guernseys are different and when they play each other away team just wears alternate guernsey.

Manchester United and Liverpool both wear red and no one confuses them!!!!
by Panther Pack
Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okay so if a player isn't selected to play for a clubs League side then where does he play?

oh dear.

Silly question and obvious answer is if a player isn't selected to play for the league side then they will play in the reserves side.

So based on that regardless of which competition a team plays in then if a Port Power player does not get selected to play for the league team he will play for port's reserve side!!!!!!!

Thanks you've been great, I'm here all week try the Salmon.

Good Night :-)
by Panther Pack
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okay here's a scenario Ken Hinkley is selecting his team for round 1 but doesn't select Jasper Pittard to play in the league team, ken says to Jasper you will be playing in the reserves team this week.

So the question is which team will Jasper be playing in? who gives a rat, he could say "you're playing for the magpies" or "you're playing in the SANFL". All that matters is he is not playing in the main game, same as anyone not picked for their clubs A grade

Exactly playing in reserves, seconds, b grade but not the league team!
by Panther Pack
Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally believe flags won before 1900 have much greater weight to them!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rocket Rooster in Hot Water

Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?
by Panther Pack
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubrooms Who has the best?

Well played Jim we do have quite a few of those bad boys.

Tell you what I liked it so much next time South play at the Parade I'll shout you a beer in your clubrooms oh wait........... :D
by Panther Pack
Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games Week 1 Discussion

Another class decision by the club boards.

Good to see what local coverage there was will now be eroded that little bit more.

It's the first sign of it being all over.

Yep agree wonder how long before the 6 boards that voted yes have that light bulb moment when the realise they f@cked up!!!!!

Look at Sturt today what did they get out of this:

1. A flogging by a professional AFL club

2. No media coverage (they are just their to make sure the Crows get a nice warm up for the AFL season!!!!)

3. Don't see how it helps Sturt signing members and might turn some off if they follow crows also.
by Panther Pack
Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw released..

The AFL-ising of SANFL telecasts was happening 30 years ago (well back then it was VFL-ising),

Every grand final telecast was pre-ambled by going through the players who were either signed or could be signed by Victorian clubs.

Let's see how the Channel 7 telecasts pan out and reserve judgement until then.

Not really as fun ;)

Can you provide us a topic we can whinge about until the season starts?
by Panther Pack
Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District 2014

Rebuilding for 2 years is not a bad effort but try rebuilding for 50 years that takes some effort!!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South vs West Round 1

Great win tonight we completely outplayed the Bloods prob should have been a bigger win if we kicked straight.

New game plan is a breath of fresh air and new recruits all looked good.

Awesome to see a win at home and get our season off to a positive start!!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Their upcoming schedule:

Round 1 Norwood v Port Magpies Norwood Thurs Apr 3 7.20pm
Round 2 Central District v Norwood (Elizabeth) Sat Apr 12 12.10pm
Round 3 South Adelaide v Glenelg (Noarlunga) Fri Apr 18 3.10pm
Round 4 Norwood v North Adelaide (Adelaide) Fri Apr 25 3.20pm
Round 5 Adelaide v Port Magpies (Clare) Sun May 4 2.10pm

Adelaide also has TV games in Round 9, 11, 13 and 14 week 2 making it five for the H&A season instead of the high number once feared.

What an absolute joke the Good Friday game has to move its start time to suit channel 7. There is no AFL on that day so why did it needed to be moved time?

Be interesting to see if this affects the crowd but I thought the twilight time slot was a winner!!!!
by Panther Pack
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

This is the first game I won't be attending when I don't have another commitment for years. I'm not sure if my stubbornness is good or bad. I feel like I am letting my team down, especially when they voted no. But on the other hand I don't want to be seen as supporting the AFL in the SANFL. To go, or not to go, that is the question?

Get down there big fella. I also have no interest in the AFL reserves being in the SANFL but as soon as South voted No my support for them has got stronger. Incidentally Centrals are now my second favourite team and hope you guys have a big win!
by Panther Pack
Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future of the SANFL

I think the decision to have AFL reserves comp could be pushed along by the AFL players association.

In the last few years we have seen the AFLPA get their requests for Free Agency and an Extra Bye during the season. I think they now realise that without them the AFL has nothing so if the AFLPA want a reserves comp it will happen.
by Panther Pack
Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have Westies Imploded?

Booney wrote:I think it's because Port and Adelaide now have all their players in their own SANFL sides. I knew this would happen.

Booney is it possible to have 1 thread that doesn't involve talk about the Crows and Power reserves teams? Thanks mate. ;)
by Panther Pack
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

I just don't know how ya do it? Don't call me Shirley, but surely you still want the Eagles to win? Even a little bit.

Even if South voted yes, there'd be absolutely no way in the world I would contemplate following any other side. I love my club too much.

I've been over this before, so I won't 'drone' on about it, but will try a short explanation:

1. I struggled with the 1990 merger - played Juniors @ WTFC & barracked for them from 5 yrs old in 1976.
2. As a result of the Cows being born, WWTFC sent (year after year) letters to supporters seeking Membership Money to "... keep the Club financial" - I contributed by becoming a paid-up member.
3. The Premiership in 2006 (I thought) finally made us "One Club" - up until then there was still a lot of Woodville & West Torrens supporters rather than Woodville-West Torrens supporters. Personally, I felt that Flag finally 'put the merger behind us'.
4. Last year's "Yes" vote is NOT the reason I didn't renew my WWTFC Membership - rather the way it was handled by Slaven (note spelling RB ;) ) If the Club had given the Members a vote/say (like SAFC did) & the "Yes Vote" got up (even 51% in favour) then I would've accepted it & renewed my membership & continued my support for the Club. The Club did not do this, so they lost me as a supporter - my son still supports them.
5. CDFC were too far away to attend games, so SAFC got my money - I love the SANFL, so I pay (like ANZAC Day) $14 to attend various games that involved the Cows - so I can barrack against them

I hope this explains it.
That said, I am not sure how Sunday will 'pan out' in terms of being a 'supporter' of SAFC against WWTFC... this will be the 'test' as to whether or not I can become a South Supporter (my Daughter has always been a South supporter BTW but she's only 9) or whether or not I just become an 'Anti-Cows' type attendee at SANFL games - we shall see.

I fully understand people questioning this action but one must remember that my 'true football love' (WTFC) ceased to exist in 1991, so it makes the decision a little easier to swallow, I guess.

Happy to have you join the Panthers mate! :D
by Panther Pack
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - South V WWT Eagles Post Match

Hey PANTHER PACK . Any smart comments today. With Norwood next week and then Port I think the party is now over. West won and South lost. Order in the footy world has been restored. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hey mate yeah here is a comment for you to enjoy.

You are a flog of the highest order. Hope that helps you out mate :D
by Panther Pack
Sun May 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Is Miranda the prize for winning?

A membership at the club of your choice.

Ha... a Port supporter having a shot about Loyalty & Integrity :roll:

Does the name Bruce Webber mean anything to you?
Pfft...

Touchy touchy. :lol:

I didn't mention loyalty or integrity, you did.

( BTW I also have basic memberships at more than just the Port Adelaide Football Club.....there are some clubs I feel the need to financially support )

Booney did you buy memberships at the clubs that voted Yes to thank them? ;)
by Panther Pack
Wed May 07, 2014 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - South V WWT Eagles Post Match

blueandwhite wrote:also...

just wondering were there any reports from this game.....??? :roll:

Heard reports that a previous South player made full use of the after game half priced pies on offer!!!! :D
by Panther Pack
Wed May 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Are there any Victorians on here that can share first hand experience of how it works in the VFL? There are still some clubs with no afl affiliation correct? As a rule how do they go with regards to support, crowds, success?

The VFL has turned into a joke currently there are 5 clubs without any affiliation to an AFL club however Bendigo and Coburg both used to have affiliations but have now split. both of these clubs are now at the bottom of the ladder and are the AFL's whipping boys. Speaking to my brother who lives in Bendigo a lot of supporters were originally against the affiliation with Essendon and now that the affiliation has ended Bendigo get thumped week in week out so even less people are interested. Overall he says the whole experience has hurt the club. I can only assume the same can be said for Coburg as they also are no good. Frankston another of the 5 clubs also hasn't won a game this season so I don't think it's working out well for them.

Port Melbourne are a strong club and have done very well over the years and also this year are 2nd, they have never been affiliated with an AFL club and this clearly has benefitted them as they won a few flags a few years back.

Williamstown used to be affiliated with the Bulldogs but are now going solo and are a mid table team. Andrew Collins coaches them.

Crowds except for Port Melbourne are not great!
by Panther Pack
Wed May 14, 2014 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

Ironically, I have MORE interest in the League (as a whole) than in a particular Club.
I find myself hating the Cows more than Port because they are the reason this disgrace has occurred.
I find myself 'barracking' for the 'opposition teams' that play the (as Pseudo put's it) "Interlopers" each week.

GO PANTHERS?
by Panther Pack
Mon May 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Any chance Hodgeman could make a return?
by Panther Pack
Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

Just out of curiosity was Graham "Studley" Cornes ever in the running to take over from Stevens?
by Panther Pack
Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Auckland 9's for SANFL??

Ridiculous idea!

We have threads dedicated to the poor finances of a lot of the clubs and now people want to add another comp which the clubs would have to pay the players to get involved in. Let's not forget these guys are part time players they don't want 12 months a year taken up by footy.
by Panther Pack
Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

Given Lokan is an inexperienced coach should the bays have considered a Paul Roos style handover.

Either Hodgeman, Cornes or Kerley could have coached the bays for a few years and next then handover to Lokan.
by Panther Pack
Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach / Cornes Appointed

Well if Studley leads the state to victory I can see the inept Glenelg Board replacing Lokan with him mid season!

So what I'm hearing here is the Wagons could already be circling for a STUDLEY comeback to the Glenelg coaching box interesting........
Dedja do you have any info on this you might want to bring to the table?
by Panther Pack
Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need SANFL reserves???

This thread is an outrage of course we need reserves!!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Odds SANFL 2015 & free bet offer

Not sure why Woodville and Adelaide have so much love. wouldn't expect much from either of them.

Godden has run out of idea's couldn't poach Eddy from South think they will struggle
by Panther Pack
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need SANFL reserves???

You remove reserves then you will probably remove support for the club.

Every reserve player would have family or friends come out and watch and either pay at the gate or even get a club membership, buy food and drink ect.

You take away 21 players from the club that 21 set or families and friends that no longer have a reason to go to games or continue any affiliation with the club.

I just think it's a bad idea to remove teams, the more people involved at the clubs the better.

In fact each SANFL club should have a women's team who could initially only play each team once like the u16's currently do.

Just another way to get more people involved at the club.
by Panther Pack
Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re:

Why would the Eagles want Petrenko back anyway? He has decided to leave them, that's his choice but the club should just move on without him.

Godden is probably looking at getting some players from South anyway so I'm sure it will work out......

So you advise the Eagles to "move on" but are unable to do so yourself? lol

Yep that's pretty much how it came across lol. Ok well then the Eagles should try to get Petrenko back and def not move on!
by Panther Pack
Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penbo's Blues

South need to bring back Rann Dog!!!!
by Panther Pack
Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3- Port v North Saturday, 12.10

You voted for it North and you got the loss suck shit
by Panther Pack
Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

Wouldn't feel too bad South are a way worse club.

50 plus years since our last flag and 25 plus years since we played finals in consecutive years.......

Bring Back Kerley!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: North v West - Saturday 27 June @ Prospect Oval

Well after this big improvement that North brought to the table this week should the club look at giving Handby an extension in his contract so he isnt poached by a rival club?
by Panther Pack
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Prob as much relevance as the Southern Footy Leagues grand final and South home game crowds have to each other bugger all......

Says more about South and their lack of engagement with their community

Not all clubs in Southern Football league in South's zone so a grand final between Brighton v Happy Valley really not relevant to South Adelaide crowds is it mate.

I noticed the crowd for the shield game at Glenelg Oval was small Glenelg Football Club really need to engage with cricket supporters better say a lot about Glenelg Football Club....
by Panther Pack
Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGregor sacked!

Is Handby just interim coach for this season or has he been offered the job for a few seasons?
Is this a serious question or a troll? You seem to be very interested in the coaching roles of other clubs when in fact you should be concerned at the recent events at your own club.....

Nah serious question mate but I gotta admit I do enjoy a coach sacking at other clubs and I figure we cop it at South so a bit of banter back doesn't hurt :D
by Panther Pack
Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

No AFL games or AFL reserves games in Adelaide this weekend, weather looking good.

Could see some big crowds at the SANFL games this weekend.
by Panther Pack
Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: More Magpie players than their supporters at Parade?

Surely no one is surprised less supporters watch the power reserves team.

I don't know any club where the reserves get many people watching them.
by Panther Pack
Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch

UK Fan wrote:Gotch = Overrated!!!!

Making finals once.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When your club has more flags than us let me know!!!!!!

Also where are all your supporters dominated for a decade now nobody seems to care WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership numbers

Have signed up again wouldn't be surprised if there is a late surge in memberships for South.

Get around the club people South memberships are so well priced!
by Panther Pack
Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership numbers

340 at South which was about 2 weeks ago
This is disappointing, going down this Saturday to get my season ticket but we need a lot more people to sign up.

I need to keep on being a member as after supporting this team for 38 years, I need to be there if we ever do win a premiership, celebrating with the same people who go each week.

Three things left on the bucket list

See Eurovision live
Go to comic com in San Diego
See south win a grand final (not counting the night grand finals in the 80s)

Renewed my membership today and was told we had just passed 500.

The Panther Pack is BUILDING bring on the season!!!!
by Panther Pack
Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |