Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

I could watch the flight of this ball over and over again:

by Q.
Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

Personally would prefer both AFL reserves teams to sit bottom 2 on the SANFL ladder. This is nothing against either club or their supporters but the day either AFL Reserves team wins the SANFL will truly be the end of the SANFL.
Personally would prefer that both AFL entities piss right off and the SANFL resumes its course as a competition comprising eight dinkum clubs. AFL garbage does not belong in Our League.
by Pseudo
Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Panther Pack wrote:Okay so if a player isn't selected to play for a clubs League side then where does he play?

oh dear.
by Bounce of the ball
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

Getting well and truly liquered up now....,.,should be a good day
by whufc
Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

This is the first game I won't be attending when I don't have another commitment for years. I'm not sure if my stubbornness is good or bad. I feel like I am letting my team down, especially when they voted no. But on the other hand I don't want to be seen as supporting the AFL in the SANFL. To go, or not to go, that is the question?

Get down there big fella. I also have no interest in the AFL reserves being in the SANFL but as soon as South voted No my support for them has got stronger. Incidentally Centrals are now my second favourite team and hope you guys have a big win!
Lol @ big fella, Shes actually a gorgeous chick!
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

Kevin Sheedy ad Mark Thompson are being sounded out as Senior Assistants ... stay tuned.

Kerls was approached but the nursing home wouldn't release him for the times requested by the club.

Studley and Freedie were also approached as a joint Senior Assistants but unfortunately talks broken down in the Family Court.

There is still hope for Hodgey, but it's doubtful Mass's deportation order will be processed in time.

Rest assured that every effort is being made to get the right outcome for the club, and thank you for your interest.
by dedja
Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach

He never officially retired as a player, perhaps he'll pull on the boots?
by dedja
Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach / Cornes Appointed

Lol - hybrid supporter - significance - zero.
by Spargo
Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

Panther Pack wrote:Watch this space could be movement at the station......

by dedja
Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach / Cornes Appointed

Well if Studley leads the state to victory I can see the inept Glenelg Board replacing Lokan with him mid season!

So what I'm hearing here is the Wagons could already be circling for a STUDLEY comeback to the Glenelg coaching box interesting........
Dedja do you have any info on this you might want to bring to the table?

http://media.giphy.com/media/Ne7aenG4oM1Py/giphy.gif
by dedja
Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No footy again next week for me and my team

The season is already at an all time record for how short it is.
Needs more games.
8 teams playing each other three times would be perfect for a minor round.

Well 8 teams ain't gonna happen cause your muppet club voted yes to the AFL reserves being in the comp!!!!!
Don't blame my Muppet club, it was my Muppet clubs Muppet president!
by Wedgie
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership numbers

340 at South which was about 2 weeks ago
This is disappointing, going down this Saturday to get my season ticket but we need a lot more people to sign up.

I need to keep on being a member as after supporting this team for 38 years, I need to be there if we ever do win a premiership, celebrating with the same people who go each week.

Three things left on the bucket list

See Eurovision live
Go to comic com in San Diego
See south win a grand final (not counting the night grand finals in the 80s)

Renewed my membership today and was told we had just passed 500.
by clanger
Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide Old Nickname

Does anyone know South Adelaide's old nickname I think it is something like Yeeeeooo (not sure on spelling)

What is the history behind it and why isn't it used anymore?

Dont hold me to this...but...

When the South Adelaide Football club came into being in 1876 (oldest existing club in the SANFL) South was very much a city based club. The River Torrens in those days was very much a source of water for the colony at the time. Souths' proximity to the Torrens saw them often referred to as
"Ye old Freshwaters"- which over time of course became "YE - OH's." Its fair to say that times have changed in 140 years and now the closest part of our zone is almost 28km from the river Torrens. We are the only sanfl club to have none of its original zone however we are the only club to still wear its original colours.
It still is used at games by shall we say ..by some of our older members. :)
by blueandwhite
Wed May 04, 2016 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 - Adelaide v Sturt @ Thebby

Conlon makes it sounds like he's going to watch his grandkids play on opposing teams in an under 8's match or similar. Self parody it has to be.
Wishful thinking, Ronnie. I'm not sure Mr Postcards possesses that degree of irony, given he's a dyed-in-the-wool Crows fan. He's just demonstrating with saying it outright that he's not really that much of a Sturt fan anymore. A real Sturt fan would support Sturt at all costs.

No doubt, exactly like my neighbor. He would also be able to tell me that a Crows-Sturt game is a win win situation. He would be the same vintage as Conlon too, and saw the Sturt glory years, basked in the glow. He's free to spend his time as he likes of course, but I'm also free to think of him as a disloyal w**ker ;) If the Crows ever really stink, I wouldn't be surprised if he buggered off again...
by Ronnie
Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

Anyone going today who was there in 1924?

My Poppa was there in 1924. And 1933, 1945, 1953, 1993, 2006. Was sadly too ill in 2011, but enjoyed watching the DVD with him. He bought about 10 copies for everyone in our family. Will be watching down today, to hopefully see the 2016 flag added to the collection in the club rooms at Woodville Oval. Go the mighty Eagles!
by Aerie
Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

There is a nufty in the crowd wearing full Crows regalia who appears to be cheering Sturt.

Good to see that Keith Conlon made the time to attend.
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 grand final crowd prediction

30213 the official attendance
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Anyone heard which games channel 7 will be showing for the opening rounds?
Round 1 Central v Eagles
Round 2 Eagles v West
Round 3 Central v Adelaide
Round 4 Adelaide v Port
Round 5 Port v Sturt and Sturt v West (split round)

South, Glenelg, Norwood & North all miss in first games? :shock:
Yep, looks like the Big Four clubs all miss out.
by Magellan
Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 2017

Crowd 6,098.

Think the Crowd at Encounter Bay might give that number a shake.

I'm hearing there's a heap of South supporters heading down to the game.

I managed to get a photo of them all embarking on their road trip

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170414/3baa5bc8ee4bfeba5a34b270ac26aea9.jpg
by RustyCage
Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 2017

The Bay Bandwagon is filling rapidly
by saintal
Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg/West merger?

Panther Pack given we couldn't get our own home ground at St Marys which was next to our club rooms on South Rd and given all other clubs had been profitable over decades with their own home grounds for gate takings, food and beverage sales etc South struggled financially to keep up as the SACA took all catering for our home games at Adelaide Oval and the SANFL/SACA took half the gate, how we survived is due to a very loyal albeit small supporter base. In the late 1980's the inevitable happened, we were broke. Again due to a very loyal supporter base and blokes like John Reid as coach we survived, the move to Noarlunga for better or worse was at the time a necessity and after nearly 100 years we finally had a home ground to call our own. So endeth the lesson.
by darley16
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Don Scott never got to finish his time at South
he might be available
by southernbulldog
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |