Search found 21 matches

Return

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Pooraka 5 / 205
defeated
Hope Valley 5 / 93

Lord Rocco picking up where he left off last year - 81 off 42 balls including 3 consecutive 6's in the second over!
by Brumbies
Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Pooraka 5 / 205
defeated
Hope Valley 5 / 93

Lord Rocco picking up where he left off last year - 81 off 42 balls including 3 consecutive 6's in the second over!

Unfortunately his effort on the green field wasnt able to be replicated on the green felt with the same success. ;)
Can't be lucky at everything Lord Rocco. ;)
Lucky enough you know who I am peasant cause I have no idea who are. You may carry my cricket bag and shine my shoes you crumb.
by lordrocco18
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2013/14

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
fineleg2fineleg wrote:Nah nah suns, frothies certainly isn't A grade material. He is div 6, therefore their A grade is well and truelly in div 2!

compare.JPG

awkward moment when you go to search div 1 stats and realise frothies has never played div 1... :/
by fineleg2fineleg
Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Tony Clifton wrote:
Stumps wrote:Port 2/61

With Ludemann and McDonald to come. Game over surely.

That's a bit premature.
You from East Torrens?
by beeroclock
Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

morell wrote:Is it really that big of a deal to forget or not shake hands with an opposition coach?

Personally, and although I've always done it, I did think it was an odd custom.

I believe it is. You are representing your club and shows respect to the opposition.
by Arch44
Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok I'll clear this up once and for all. YES I made an error of judgement Saturday that I am not proud of, but at no stage was that directed at Paul or anyone at IFFC. Full credit to them cause they were very good all day. I was very angry at our lack of discipline and actually left the bench half way through the last quarter after a discussion with my senior assistant that I would go and prepare for our after match de brief. At that time the shaking of hands ect didn't enter my mind. I did feel bad about afterwards and went in and had a beer or two with some people from Ingle Farm. Like me or loath me, I admit I made a mistake, for that I'm sorry.

I hope this puts everyone's mind at ease. Thank you.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Thank you to the Glenunga boys for popping into the bar for a drink after the game on Saturday. Nearly all of them made the effort. Apologies there wasn't more of our guys. We had a two A graders with a 21st and a 30th so a lot of the lads took off straight after the game.

A post match tradition that should be strongly encouraged by all clubs IMO

Need to complement Kilburn as well, they did the same. Hopefully all D4 clubs this year encourage this as much as possible.
by Pag
Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lockleys a class above, can comfortably say I think they're a better side than the Smithfield side that I saw the other week - they're fit, they're quick, strong overhead, penetrating kicks and the most important aspect - they're smart.. They maintain their structure and they blitzed Ingle Farm clinically today.
Pfft they (Lockleys) must be a 'class above' Smithfield if they beat a middle row Ingle Farm at Home. Give me a break, At home against average opposition yep Smitty was against average opposition as well but hey let's not forget 2 games clear on top, Haven't lost a game, Yet Lockleys lost at home to Mawsons who couldn't beat time on a drum! Ohh Lockleys must be good tho they beat Farmers after being close at 1/4 time.... :roll:

Your all playing for second you idiots, Smithfield by the length of the straight. They'll play Trinity in the G/F.

I've watched a bit of div6 this year Smitty by the length of the straight, Trinity next best for mine. Lockleys and West Croydon over rated who ever finished 5th is wasting there time cause your behind them 2 and they're no good.
Round 13:
Lockleys 12.16.88 d Smithfield 8.10.58

Apology accepted.. that is all 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

with out cash ifKkilburn go into div 3 they will be similar to how they failed in the div 3 the other year
Rob what would you know! Kilburn have been a powerhouse in Amateur league before you had long pants. Yes things have been difficult for a couple of years, mainly due to the multitude of immigrants that now call Kilburn home . These new Australians (Somalians, Iraquis, Indians etc) are not Australian rules orientated (yet). This causes Kilburn huge problems getting juniors for our junior teams.
As for payments, pretty much every player who came back to Kilburn is there for the right reasons and have re signed for next year. Yes all of them.
The Amateur league has been hurt badly the last few years with ridiculous $$$ being offered to local talent. Lets hope this stops soon and blokes get back to playing with their mates for enjoyment more so than $$$.
by Nearly Was
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rather than speculation from people who are not involved with the club maybe we could talk about some facts like the Chics are in the GF. The club suffered enough and deserves to be celebrated for their accomplishments this year and not condemned for things have not even happened.

Any club in the league could be effected by the salary cap, perhaps it could be a separate thread.
by wristwatcher
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

no_remorse28 wrote:Rosewater interviewing a former D1 coach for the coaching job.. Sounds like a done deal.. Good pick up

Does that mans nickname rhyme with Dreamcoat??
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe ask No Remorse for some advice on how to deal with it all ;)
by Dogwatcher
Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dallas is bringing back the dallas spook.
by Old_mate21
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

marbles wrote:just think, no "cgrade super league"..... no MP flag :o
I know I am going to regret this...

But why?
by morell
Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*cough, cough* Cricket season now anyway.. see you mugs later 8)
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

We need "safooty - the purge".. where all posts are legal for a couple hours. :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rory Sloane?
by DOC
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Always amazes me how Clubs promise the world to young kids with parents who think their child is the next Steve Smith. To say you will bat Top 4 all year no matter what is irresponsible. What happens when he makes four ducks in a row, or he doesn’t turn up to a game because he is hungover from a big night out, or still got drugs in his system from the big party on the Saturday night before a Sat/Sun match? This will end in tears :shock:[/quote]

Would have thought you could have left it at we wish him well at Adelaide, unfortunately didn't work out at WT hope he gets some of the off-field things sorted.
Rather than a bit of character assassination on the way out, and it doesn't matter if you think it's public knowledge by raising that all on the way out is ridiculous![/quote]

Bugger the "character assassination", what about all the officials and volunteers at the club he has let down by his selfish and undisciplined attitude.[/quote]

Yea and you have to feel for them but everyone at some stage has put time and effort in and been let down at some point. All im saying is when something like this occurs it's better to bite your tongue, suck it up and wish the other well. There's a lot going on in a lot of people's lives that is the cause of a lot of things and someone who should know better jumping on a public forum and spraying someone might not be the best way to go about it.
by the smokey
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Bit rough on the Royals 'B's. They didn't even make the final last year.
What? And our girls did? :roll:

At least your girls won 9 games and only lost 2.. our girls won 4 games - the most in a season ever for us. :lol:

How's the two matches last year:

Rd 4 - Enfield 51 def by Eyre Royals 3/106 off 16
Rd 9 - Enfield 38 def by Eyre Royals 'B' 2/39 off 7

Cant wait to see what your A grade does to our girls. You have that new recruit ‘Michelle’ Bedgegood don’t you?

Bit rich anyone complaining about Eyre Bs going up, should’ve happened years ago and tbh it will only strengthen their talent pool going forward.

Quite agree. Should have happened 3 most probably 4 years ago.

FMD - Hey lads, your sense of humours called - they will try again later. I should have changed the font to Italic so you knew it was sarcasm.
If you framed a market they would have been $1.05 to win that semi last year, pulled a Norman at the Masters and sat out the next week.
Should be good seeing them go up and testing themselve against the other girls as opposed to just bowling at them in the nets.

But enough positivity, lets get back to moaning
by Lucky For Some
Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

So Kensington is clearly his primary club.
Take your woffle elsewhere.

I take it you play for Dublin.

Let me just let you know something. I have played a lot of cricket, and never in my life have i seen a bunch of pretentious, whinging bunch of lads ever.

Angry I guess at losing to a grade 3 side the year before in the final.

They were acting out there like they were playing A grade district cricket. Bagging a bloke for playing at Kensington. Not one player out there for them was better than him, or would last 10 minutes at district level They were at best average in every aspect of the game. Good bowling attack someone said? lol. Yeah they won, but Enfield aint filled with Bradman's either. You are playing PDCA, it is terrible level of cricket especially these days. Stop acting like you are walking on water.

Could not believe the pure arrogance of a team that is let me say it again, average at best
by OKC!
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Browny, why did you need to call Heyzer? Surely you guys all knew the bylaws.

By the way, aren't 'handshake agreements' prohibited?
by Trader
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |