I blame the Norwood Board!

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

I have a media release ready but I'll hold off for now so I don't get a life ban from the club ... :lol:
by dedja
Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nathan Bassett

fester69 wrote:Funny, funny!!
Okay let's narrow it down - by lesser clubs I really mean Woodville - West Torrens Eagles, Peckers, Warriors!

And that other club that couldn't win a flag until the SANFL became a feeder league, let's not forget them.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My comment would be well done to Glenelg and let the guy have a go.Too many people on this forum delight in being shit stirrers which only reflects on their own negativity.Good luck to the Bays
by jumbo20
Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:15688 posts so my dick's bigger ...

Anyway, congrats to Nick and all the best.

Geezus, if only it did come down to posts on this site, I wouldn't be losing girlfriends on a fortnightly basis! :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Turnover of SANFL Coaches

With Stevens appointed at Glenelg I would rank the appointed coaches this years as:
1. Gotch - Significant AFL experience which is what South were chasing. Gave up a really good role he was currently in to take it on.
2. Mickan - Not far behind. Proven to be a quality SANFL coach and clearly miles in front of Massie. Experienced and proven, but may also have been a bit of an easy option to go to. Hope he was convincing with his future plans.
3. Stevens - based on Glenelg's media release (biased I know) they seem impressed by his TAC cup involvement and his duties at Richmond. Hope they have not been sucked in to hiring a coach because he was a good player.
4. Mcgregor - Only one year at Port but had a pretty good squad to work with. Other clubs have been quick to chase many of these players and there are 12-15 quality players amongst them. Didn't think he did any better than Bamford in his time there and Ken's coaching CV is a bit skinny apart from Magpies role.

Not much between 1 & 2 but would have them clearly ahead of others IMHO.

The Gays have the stand out mini league coach, he's super qualified :lol:
This bloke was so smart he walked out on all the hard work that he and his mates put in for years, couldn't see the Flag on offer the next season, walked into a dead end situation with a club on it's knees ....... smart man!
And how's this guy an upgrade on the last? Anyone want to get their hands dirty?
Only GFC could pass up experienced local older types for a Victorian Turncoat chasing credibility.
the bloke suffered a neck injury that threatened both his career and mobility, then returned to play good afl footy, i reckon he's got credibility ticked.
He worked under hardwick at richmond, a former glenelg player and respected afl coach, who no doubt was listed as a credible reference. I think that puts him ahead of massie who fell into the league job.
And if you saw the flag going power's way in 04, I'm sure you are happily retired now given the life savings you had on them at the juicy pre-season odds on offer.
Truth is, I don't even chuckle at your insecurity anymore. And yes, I used to.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Far from being a troll, I hope and believe that beenreal is completely genuine in his delusions.

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else; digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else; running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.

Talented kids growing up a drop punt from Alberton Oval will be playing their U/16 and U/18 football for whom? Not Port, that's for sure.
by SimonH
Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

don't forget to explain what you were doing on the grassy knoll as well ...
by dedja
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

wall to wall Crows and Port matches coming to a 7-Mate near you ... yawn

Yeah because the whole world simply loves sitting down to watch a Saturday afternoon Blockbuster between South and West at Noarlunga, played in front of 2 men and a dog. :roll:

Yes, there will be 2 men there, but you wont be.
by prowling panther
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Not surprised Centrals aren't supplying any players because I don't think they've got any left!
by Wedgie
Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL players drafted in 2013

So have we worked out who's dick's bigger yet? B-(
by dedja
Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official INS and OUTS for 2014, no discussion

The Bays have beaten the Dogs for the signature of former Carlton player Aaron Joseph...

http://www.glenelgfc.com.au/component/c ... ron-joseph
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist?

Wedgie wrote:I'd rather him at the Bays than at a club that could do some damage to us in the finals.

Yeah, coz that's never happened before :lol:
by Spargo
Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist?

Should change it to "triple magarey medalist whoring himself around to highest bidder"
by RustyCage
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

A sneak peek at the early part of the draw and chat with the SANFL's Matty Duldig, from the SANFL site...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2350/

Edited for purists:

2014 SANFL FIXTURE ROUND 1:

Friday, April 4
Glenelg v Sturt, Gliderol Stadium, 7.20pm

Saturday, April 5
Eagles v Central District, Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval, 2.10pm
South Adelaide v West Adelaide, Hickinbotham Oval, 7.10pm

BYE: Norwood, North Adelaide
by Pseudo
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clint Alleway to the Bays

Hate rather than pity ... where's the like button.

Well the Bays have form in recruiting snipers from North, Alan Stringer says hello.
by dedja
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clint Alleway to the Bays

Jim05 wrote:Even more reason to hate the Bays now that wanker is there.
He must be close to a life ban with all his suspensions

Musnt be otherwise he would have gone to the Eagles who have their own rules.
by Wedgie
Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

South dominated the 1890's with 6 flags wouldn't that make everyone after that a copy?

Personally I think flags won before federation have far greater weight to them and everything after is just so cheap and nasty after the colonies sold there soul to federalism!!!!
by Panther Pack
Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official INS and OUTS for 2014, no discussion

Glenelg have picked up a beauty with former Hawthorn forward Mitch Thorp signing with the club...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2356/
by Big Phil
Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

JK wrote:Bays are certainties this year

What about 2014?
by Wedgie
Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mitch Thorp should dominate in the SANFL with the Tigers, he is avery good player...

What is the salary cap in the SANFL at the moment? I assume Glenelg would be paying these guys between 30-35k each, so between Joseph, Thorp, Lonergan, Stark thats probably $130 - $140k.

Mitch Thorp is taking on a playing/coaching role, so I would think his coaching payments are outside the cap.

Nope. If coach is playing all football related salary counts against the cap.

Wowee, salary cap advice from a Redleg :shock:
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks Spermy, much appreciated.

So recruit your arse off, pay top dollar in the process, risk getting caught cheating the cap, win the flag, then ask for forgiveness later.

Did I get it right?
by dedja
Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Benson resigns at Sturt

Biggus dickus?
by dedja
Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Crows have a new guernsey to wear against Port

by Brodlach
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rocket Rooster in Hot Water

Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen?
by Panther Pack
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Catch Cry

or clone this one ...

by dedja
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Licenses sold- anchors away.

Great for SANFL as we now don't have to bail out Port and can beat the sh1t out of them as we have no vested interest like before. :D
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

League trial final score
Glenelg 16.4
Westies 12.14
by LBT
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

24laceup wrote:
DOC wrote:I did not mean to imply that he was hit off the ball.

just finding some of the comments regarding the reports to be ironic.

Ironic or moronic?

Away to much made out of it (lol).
by sjt
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TimmiesChin wrote:
Port twitter feed definitely has Newtons as occuring in 3/4 time break at 7:59 pm. At 8:01 first goal of quarter mentioned as being 4 mins in. If it wasnt in break its within a minute.

Check the time I posted the 3/4 time scored on here. 7.46pm.
Case closed.Apology accepted.
:D
by Wedgie
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

kickinit wrote:what will you say if we belt glenelg next week? be back to saying we are too strong?

IF that happens, then you've beaten the bottom side from last year ... big faarking deal.
by dedja
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Inadequate given the 10 weeks Scooter got 24 years ago and he was provoked through an off the ball incidents 5 mins before hand.

No I won't get over it!!!
by am Bays
Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Well there's a record I thought the Bays were certainties for ...
by dedja
Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

That was what happened to centrals yesterday :0
by bennymacca
Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First point: you don't have to dislike all other teams. No probs with keeping an eye on the crows players being a keen crows member.
Second point: don't have to hate the crows being in the sanfl to be a true supporter. I go to all the bays games, wear my scarf every week, eat at the club most weeks, pay my membership, I think that's a pretty good effort.

Haters gonna hate.

Sounds like you are totally confused who you support....the Bays or the Crows reserves??? :shock:

No he is just a front runner.....

How the **** am I a ******* front runner? Although my team hasn't wins flag in my lifetime, and lost about 30 games out of the last 35 I still go every week, travel to any ground, where my scarf and barrack every week. Even used to be in a cheer squad I'm my younger years. Front runner my dick. Dumb comment.
by Coach Bombay
Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok, so 4 pages in and I still have no idea how the game panned out.... Any chance of a run down??
The full time professionals won. The young centrals team was out run and out classed. We missed TC, thommo and Symes, will need these guys ASAP. Josh Glenn got Roy's best player, jarrod Schiller second best. Murray Stephenson coaches award for his debut game. McIntyre played well up forward, Gilbee and most others didn't do enough, we often kicked to an empty forward line.
There was no atmosphere when the crows kicked a goal. A lot of afl players got a lot of the ball, not sure about the three or so top up players.
by sjt
Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heater31 wrote:Again Kickinit heads off on the completely wrong tangent :roll:

Get it back to the thread topic or it will be locked.....

And how many other posts have been about the game on this topic or any of the past 2 post game topics for Adelaide
by Tassie Blues
Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

24laceup wrote:Hey Dedja, any chance of linking this thread to whoever loses to or even plays against the crows or the smears?? It would make things easier for the trolls on here.

Nah mate, easier to herd cats ...
by dedja
Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Again Kickinit heads off on the completely wrong tangent :roll:

Get it back to the thread topic or it will be locked.....
Maybe you should try deleting his posts if you feel he is constantly taking threads off topic.

What's the point of having rules if all you want to do is lock a thread when a habitual troll is only interested in ...... Trolling
Hey guess what... That's another rule of the site isn't it, no trolling.

Come on Mods, do the right thing and get these idiots off the boards

Half the threads will be locked if they did that and that many posts would be deleted threads wouldn't make sense.

It's only a page or two ago that some ass clown said anyone who barracks for Port isn't a true SA football fan. Not sure if thats Pure troll or some mentally challenged muppet on a keyboard but at the end of the day I think you just have to laugh it off.

I find it hilarious the amount of people on the site who feel they have the right to tell people who, how and what they should support and how specific supporting can validate your legitimacy and right to be qualified to class yourself as a true supporter. IMO people are entitled to barrack for whoever they want, whenever they want.

I have a couple of mates who actually tell me "you are not allowed to barrack for the Crows"and get genuinely upset :roll: . So if Port aren't playing and they play a Vic/WA team I can't barrack for the Crows? I have gold Adelaide oval passes, my fiancé loves the Crows (she's not that bright) and we go to 8-10 games a year. I think that means I show more support to the Crows than I do to a lot of my over opinionated mates do their own band of beloved.

Sorry for getting off topic Mods but I just wanted to make a point and every time someone gets on here and talks up the Crows/Power reserves they don't deserve to have their integrity challenged.
by wristwatcher
Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Port Magpies v West @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/4)

Please discuss the game in this thread, any other conversation about the structure of the comp can be made in the whinge thread, thanks
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Glenelg v Adelaide @ Gilderol (Fri N 25/4)

Looking forward to getting along to my first Glenelg game for the season! Weather looks good and as mentioned, should be a very healthy crowd!

As for the game itself, sadly I expect the Crows to win by plenty. What I hope to see is a Glenelg team heading in the right direction. There were some ok patches last week, but that needs to be built on. By the way, there'll be no multi scarving from this Crows AFL supporter, in the SANFL I am very much Glenelg first.
by matt35
Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL in the SANFL discussion/debate

After some debate with Admin/Mods and feedback from Members it has been decided to leave the Match preview/review threads for discussion about the match only, any debate about the AFL reserves teams can continue happily in the threads already running.

Any posts from now on that do not relate directly to the match will be considered off topic and deleted.

Hopefully this will stop every thread having this debate, while a worthy topic there needs to be some balance.

Thanks
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg vs Crows Reserves - Post Game

I am so pissed off I missed this one... always a great atmosphere with a big crowd at the Bay.

Sounded like a total team effort, concerned about McGinty though, hope the knee isn't too bad.

Seemed like Tex was handy after a year out and pulled through OK.

Must have been a weird and awkward night for a few, from what I'm hearing a good turnout by Crows fans or maybe it was just confused Bay supporters in drag.

Your the expert, so fair enough :prayer:

Y O U ' R E
by dedja
Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If port were also down the bottom like the crows I suspect this thread would be a whole lot shorter...

More than likely, but for mine it doesn't change the point that the competition now has 3 different sets of rules among the clubs, different Salary Cap and an inequitable draw. I try not to get drawn into the debate because it aint changing in a hurry, so no point banging on about it.
by JK
Thu May 15, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The agreement between the SANFL and AFL reserves is a claytons agreement. It is a 15 year agreement that can be made void by both parties with 12 months notice, why have a 15 year agreement, technically its a 12 month agreement if at anytime you can call it quits by either party. Secondly at the end of each year the conditions or guidlines can be reviewed and changed, which I dont think there is doubt in anyones mind this will happen at the end of thsi year.

Its unfortunate we talk about how the Power and Crows will become weaker due to injuries throughout the year. So as a bay supporter, should I wish that Boak brakes his leg, Schulz does a knee, Dangerfield brakes his arm and Sloane dislocates a shoulder so that my team can compete. This handicapped system they have tried to implement to counter the enormous salary cap, facilities and general fitness of AFL players. You need to compare teams in their strongest form as to see whether its fair or not, you cant be wishing the worst injuries for teams so your team is competitive as there is nothing saying these injuries will occur or not and cant be guaranteed, but thats what I am hearing.
by Maddawg
Thu May 15, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg's New Recruit

dedja wrote:Super's making a comeback next week ...

Bring back the Stringers and Sailsbury for the next Port meeting ;)
by spell_check
Sat May 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Viable Alternatives

perhaps a lingerie league
by gossipgirl
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 2014 Sturt v Glenelg Post Game

My club is very much alive and yours in died in 1990.

Tomorrow my club will still be there and you'll still be a faarkwit.

Hybrids must have won this week.

Love Dedj

by dedja
Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

It might be quite difficult for me to change teams mate, but I'll think about it. I won't just go making a split second decision to go and support another team though, it will take time.
Booney, I was surprised your profile hasn't already changed to show the Eagles as your SANFL team.

Kurt Slaven will be around shortly to give you your membership pack.

Here is the link to the team song if you want to practice it......

http://www.wwtfc.com.au/?page_id=328

And don't forget to do the actions...

aTEPC7SAF8E
by Pseudo
Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |