Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

Possibly a giant ruckman headed to Goolwa instead LF?

Have you been making a few people honorary life members down that way to keep the points situation in check. Russell Ebert and Papa Mieklejohn perhaps?
by BJ Ernest
Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Josh Proctor
Brett Ellis
Cameron Mcdonald
Matt Tonkin
Ryan Butler
Jarrad Kellock
Curtis Perrey
Jake Standfield
Luke Collier
Sam Alexopoulos
Marcus Burdett
Daniel Batson
Sam Elliot
Sam Mcdonald
Scott Ogilvie
Scott Hunt
Tom Carroll
Dylan Camac
Tom Pinyon
Adam Hunter
Mitch Mccrostie
Tarquin Brown
Sam Taggart
Tom Fergusson

Tom Carroll will Captain the side with Tarquin Brown his Vice
by BJ Ernest
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jackpot jim
Not trying to deter you I just think its pointless in general to mention injuries as every team has them / players missing for work and other reasons. Injuries on the day are probably a valid point but no use talking about what players could be in the team if it wasn't for injuries from past weeks

I'm with jackpot, I'd rather know if a game was played without a bench! It definitely has an impact on a teams ability to perform on that day!
Or is this more of a deflection of what is really going on?? I've heard on the grapevine there is a couple of senior lads not happy with the fact Mergs won't wipe their bums for them like their previous coach would and It's having an affect on the young guns of the team!! Any thoughts??

Im sure everyone has injury issues, I certainly know Willunga are having more than their fair share of injury problems at the minute. Without naming them there were as many as 10 missing Saturday, and even with the depth at the club this is still a very testing time for the Dees. To get a win on the weekend, despite the creeks being depleted was a great win for the club and hopefully with the return of some important players this weekend hopefully they're able to compete and beat the Bays.
On Murgs. He's been great, the numbers on the track and injured guys on the sidelines at each and every session tells me the players have enjoyed his input and are not having any issues with him whatsoever. I'd worry about your own backyard Eclipse rather than relying on grapevines for your information.

I saw Ben "Bull" Baxter got the call up to the A's a couple of weeks ago BJ - how far away is Beefa? ;)

After the association game WoW. Chum Reed had the boots in the car on the weekend incase of a late withdrawal!
by BJ Ernest
Wed May 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could someone give me some info on the mc cracken cup rounds?

Have heard of the McCracken Cup over the years but what is it actually?
Does anyone know or even care?
Is it a prestigious thing to win?
I have NFI ?

Rounds 1,2 and 7 this year. After those rounds have been completed a ladder is compiled from these 3 round results.

The top 2 sides from this ladder when they play in the 2nd half of the season are playing for the McCracken Cup.

Prize is a day of golf, with booze and food included at Mccracken and is a ripping day for any club lucky enough to win it!
by BJ Ernest
Mon May 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |