Search found 62 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Special thanks to the TTG Committee for the 1/2 time invite for the drinks and eats.
The Pies & Spring rolls helped us all thaw out. Well done boys and was well attended by both committees.

This.

This just doesn't happen enough anymore - it's one of the old school traditions that unfortunately has fallen by the wayside for a lot of clubs.

As far as I know, it's still a firm fixture in most country footy comps.

Henley Reserves have made it a rule that the whole side stick around and have a beer at half time of the A Grade. They do it to support the A Grade but also to give the oppo club some money over the bar.
by hollywood7477
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like the sharks flags to lose in all 3 grades?
Big call to make this early even if it is a shortened season!!! PHOS, SHOCS are very good sides and Sharks haven’t played TTG or Broadies yet!!! They are massive tests. Even Scotch on their small ground will pose a serious threat. No easy games in Div 2 even if the scoreboard says otherwise
by hollywood7477
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I find this quite laughable because you clearly didnt read by big post a page back

If you hadn't posted that at 8.47am, I'd insist you were on the gas and find your response a bit rich from someone with 64 posts to their name,

You've pretty much come into this forum, without any regard for the rules, or of the integrity of the league to put across your own agenda so your posts were removed - and then blamed this site for not letting you peddle your bullshit. You were sent several PM's advising that there was a way and means by putting your point across without being inflammatory and you all but ignored them.

I have no affiliation with either club and therefore have no reason to be bias.

If in fact you do represent Scotch OC - the way you've whinged and carried on with your comments on this site make you nothing but an embarrassment to your club and the fact that you imply that the admin of this forum are the reason that your club failed to administer "justice" instead of the fact that none of you could get your stories straight is even funnier because I know Scotch people are generally a lot smarter than that.

Here's a tip - it's not an open forum in the sense that anything goes. There are rules to abide by and those that don't follow the rules, have their posts removed. Quite simple. Nothing to be discussed before tribunal, after tribunal (or unless media gets hold) then it's out of our hands.

Therefore, if you EVER use this forum carry on like you have have now because you WILL lose the PRIVILEGE of being able to post on the forum that you pay NOTHING to use and that is solely paid for and administrated by VOLUNTEERS

Or I can shut the whole Adelaide Footy League forum down and then where are you going to implement your apparent right to free speech, eh?

This debarcle has only prompted me to seek full disclosure from all people wanting to post on this forum so we know who to direct the legal threats to when they start flowing in. I can guarantee you wouldn't dare write the same thing again under your own name.

Bloody keyboard warriors :roll:

Great response FC!!! He had an agenda straightaway with his post after it happened!!! I’d be embarrassed if he represented my footy club!!
by hollywood7477
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Div 2 Reserves G/F

Henley 10.5 65

Broadview 9. 10 64

Bloody great game of footy to watch, feel for Boxy and the lads at Broadies, gave everything they had and can hold their heads high

3 cracking games Henley v Broadies have had. All 3 could’ve gone either way. I’m just glad they went my way. Being down by 14 points at half time the lads dug deep. That last qtr was one of the best qtrs I’ve coached in, Goal for goal. When we hit the front with 4 to go, we somehow found a way to hold on.
Had a chat to Boxy after the game. Quality fella!!! They will be around the mark for a while. Good young group of kids.
Broadies had a huge following on Saturday. Somehow my wife and friends ended up next to them as Broadies supporters congregated next to where she was sitting.,
Defo took a while to take it all in as it was such an intense game of footy. To go through undefeated and win a grand final by a point I’ll take that everyday of the week!!!
by hollywood7477
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Eagles Nest wrote:Aaron Joseph back to the Covid breachers I see - thought he was well and truly finished at the end of '19.

He was finished end of 2016. Surprising he hung on that long and now coming back. clogging up a list
by hollywood7477
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Geez didnt take long for all the sooking to start again. The broken record has been fixed and its back on repeat!!!!
by hollywood7477
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

In other news.. not sure where to post this, but had a giggle and curious.

Apparently the Gepps coach shows the side inspirational/motivations videos pre-game to fire them up. Saturday they did a warm up, then went in and watched some videos then went back out for another warm up lol.

I giggled, thought it was a bit strange - then I was talking to someone else and they said their former coach used to do this also. :shock:

Is this something that happens often around clubs?? :?

i dont normally do videos. i did one last year it was from Remember the titans- not another yard speech. boys loved it.
most of the time i put quotes up on the whiteboard-
by hollywood7477
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

Kiburn debt free and signed a 5 year lease to keep their clubrooms
by hollywood7477
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

Brodlach wrote:Mitch Grigg to Athelstone.

Massive signing. Won Lobeys B&F and also the premiership. Huge coup
by hollywood7477
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

What is going on at Mitcham?

Have they had a turn over of players? Finished so promisingly last year and now haven’t fired a shot again?

Poor discipline when the game was on the line in the last. 2 Yellows, one of which straight after Kenilworth kicked a goal to go 18 up. Resulting in a shot right in front of goal, making it 24. Game done.

Yungmuney…. They have lost 8 starting A graders from that good 2nd half last year for various reasons, returning home to country or club of origin, going oversees and season ending injuries and haven’t been able to recruit enough quality to replace them.

Chappy….. yes their discipline was nothing short of disgraceful not only when the game was on the line but at various stages of the game when the heat was on. Again the Kookas got inside their heads and they couldn’t handle it. I love the rivalry but your boys hold the chocolates in the mind games at this point. I’m not involved this year so I don’t have to defend them but what I saw Saturday didn’t make me too proud of a group I have been involved with.

Finally, all speculation will take place but it’s not the coach. You can’t coach bad discipline and lack of effort. A coach is only as good as his playing group.

Yank Man is good mate with JC and he is just trying to deflect the fact JC is massively under pressure.
Couldn’t see him continue at Mitcham if they are relegated.

Discipline you can control and you can control effort to an extent. Mitcham’s Bs seem to be going ok, maybe put the undisciplined few in the Bs!!!
by hollywood7477
Wed May 24, 2023 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

I was told on.the weekend Henly are chasing 4 from Kadina as well.

Guessing Angus Poole would be one of them given Henleys connection with the Eagles.

I think you will find Henley seniors dont have as big a connection with Eagles now. With new coach coming in who coached West reserves they would have more of a connection with Westies.
by hollywood7477
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

How long until the new Seaton rooms are open?
Someone told me last night they are playing the first 9 games away, so I am guessing mid-year

Yep playing first 8 I think but yeah it’s taking a fair while. A few issues but last time I looked it is starting to take shape. Looks pretty good. Getting new interchange benches aswell
by hollywood7477
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |