Search found 56 matches

Return

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Apparently GAJ wanted a trade back to the Cats this offseason, but the Suns shut down the request for trade before negotiations could even begin.
How stupid that he signed a 3 year deal this year if there was even thoughts of coming back to Geelong

I read before that he signed the 3 year deal in '15

for 16 17 & 18
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 2 - 2017

In any event I wouldn't have Day in the same discussion as Pav ;)
by jo172
Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rosewater FC - Public Notice

Isolated - "back pain" is obviously a poor excuse.. but if this stress from work/pain etc and been building for a long period of time, then shouldn't discount the difficult head space he may have been in.

Depression/Anxiety can do some crazy things to good people - this was a massive occasion for him, emotions are magnified..

Not saying what he did wasn't bad, just think shouldn't judge a bloke who dedicated most his life to sport - coaching and playing - and act like we know what he was going through at the time.

Bloke has copped a fair punishment, and fair bad press - surely we can leave it be now..
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

If they played reserves utilising those on the list that don't get a game with their best female players then no need to have top up players.

Mixed. You know it makes sense.
Mixed?
Surely you are kidding.
The best women's player in the game is a million miles beneath state comp level and I doubt I'll ever see the day one would be good enough to play that high .
I dunno Jim, David Mackay seems to get away with it.
by Magellan
Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

heard a funny rumour from a Gepps Cross players father. Claims Kilburn paid Smithfield to lose by enough to get Kilburn a home final. I did have a laugh because he was serious and why would a club do that. it is Div 4 Ammos,
I went there Saturday night and was wondering why no one had to pay for drinks.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Josh Carr Wooden Spoon Coach. Hard Luck.

They thought he would be like Josh Francou. But he ended up worse than a Part time Kenny.
Best Wooden Spoon coach since Garry Macintosh at Norwood
Not as good but close.
Josh Carr you are officially a dud. Gonna need to fight yoursself out of a lot of car parkss to live thiss one down asss clown.
SANFL We love you.
Abit hard on Josh Carr. Dont see you putting your hand up. Pretty easy to sit behind a keyboard and a monitor and take pot shots at someone.

It's all he does, mate.
by Booney
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

Mark Robinson says in today's paper "All that considered, the Cats have finished top two after the home-and-away season for the past 11 years. "

Did I imagine it when we came 6th in 2012, 3rd in 2014 and 10th in 2015?

You'd think that stat might have been brought up before now, if it were true anyway.

8 out of 11 for three flags. I'd rather 5 out of 11 for five flags.

regards,

REB
Three flags, that's cute
by daysofourlives
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2017

I can get close.
1986 A4 Premiers - BHOS. Then sacked the coach after he was nearly sacked mid-year when we were 10-0.

1987 A3 Premiers - Goodwood (beat BHOS by 12 goals in GF).

Goodwood coach was the sacked BHOS coach!!!
by Down the Hill
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

Brodlach wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Actually very confident we win tonight.

Phew, that settled my nerves

Happy to help. You don't have to watch the Crows lose now.
Tune into the Broncos knocking off the Storm!
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

hollywood7477 wrote:Nothing on Summo leaving Port yet!!!

I'm still waiting for news about Lokan considering he was sacked over a month ago.
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Budda leaves Panthers

Andrew Bruce!!!!! Was the midfield coach this year. Has a good background in the SANFL. Would be a very good League Coach if given the opportunity. Both his sons Henry and William are at South aswell.

Great fella is Andy, used to work with him, very passionate and knowledgable guy when it comes to footy
by locky801
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

bennymacca wrote:Every chance to make it out of the bottom four with the draw they have but not much further up the ladder than that I wouldn’t think

Depends if they really want to get out of the bottom 4.
#tankinforrankine
#atrociousforlukosius
by Jim05
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

I can confirm I returned to the track last night, and will be honest - mixed results.

After strategically playing the coach card, I got out of the warm up and fitness component, before confidently injecting myself in the first competitive handball exercise of the night.

Using smarts, dominated the drill, on my way to a BOG performance and 3 votes for that while all the other spuds chased the ball around like headless chooks. Following on from that in the next period I exerted too much energy and promptly hit "the wall" as my lungs threatened to explode. Over the next 15min I faded into obscurity.

Overall, my skills were tidy for the night, hardly missed a target and hands were clean, but the aerobic capacity is at an all time low. I'll be alright if I play C grade in 4min bursts with a 12min recovery between, or am allowed to walk around unmarked in the centre square.

Have decided I need Thursday off to re-evaluate my life now.
by The Bedge
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Hardy Ha Ha can you confirm what seems to be the biggest recruit of the year, a bloke by the name of French? classy left footer...Did captain the team I believe and had a break to pursue a career in cricket the past few years. If this bloke has signed it will be massive for the group
by Two Hard Basket
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2018

Q. wrote:
BZB27 wrote:Well another hammy for Freeman just doesnt look like his body is up to the AFL rigours. Was hoping he was finally gonna push for selection.
Thankyou for the draft pick

You can use it to replace De Goey on the list.
by Booney
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: afl.com Team of the Week

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Waite on the wing??

13 x I50's.

He can have 40 inside 50’s, he is not a wing man

Been out with him?
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hollywood7477 wrote: One silly EP player had a free in the goalsquare only to give the Mitcham player a cheapy and got sent off and the ball reversed.

The old ultimate coach killer
by jo172
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Life ban

Anyone else find it interesting that Callum Hay has now been selected in the AdFL rep squad?
by Wilbur
Wed May 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You've got 413 pages of reasons to read!
by MW
Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll have what he's having
by MW
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's nice to know the league you love so dearly will die because you are being stubborn about Crows supporters attending their teams reserves game and ironically won't even attend your own clubs games.

RIP SANFL - your "supporters" have let you down badly.
by MW
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's nice to know the league you love so dearly will die because you are being stubborn about Crows supporters attending their teams reserves game and ironically won't even attend your own clubs games.

RIP SANFL - your "supporters" have let you down badly.

I'm sure you would be the first to line up at the gate if the Crows were forced to play Richmonds reserves as part of the AFL...……………………………..wait a sec, as most Crows supporters you will do what Rowey and 5AA tells you to do. :lol:

BTW I still take out a membership each year with my club and probably still attend more games of my team a season than you do.

Nup. Not interested in watching reserves. I am interested in watching Westies when I can.
by MW
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So instead of blaming SANFL fans for the demise of the league lets look at it another way, tell me what Adelaide and Port have brought to the SANFL competition that is a positive? We hear a lot of negatives, here is your chance to tell us the positives. GO.
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not my fight to have. I'm not the one upset about it guys.
I provided you with some positives but something tells me I could tell you anything and you will disagree or make it a negative.

Simple fact is support your club instead of throwing your toys out of the cot.
by MW
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I do still go to SANFL games.
I do still have membership of my club, as do my wife and kids (my wife doesn't nag me as she's there at the footy with me).
I do still have an opinion on the situation.
I do still want what's best for my club.

I'm entitled to push for this. You call it whingeing. Others call it resistance.
Things can change. We were once told there would be no AFL reserves sides in the SANFL - it happened in a flash. Port Adelaide supporters boycotted Footy Park - they got a new stadium. Things change. The direction of the game changes. Voicing our opinions, in a place we all know is read by football officials, lets people know that:

A) We still care about our competition;
B) We have a hunger for change in this current state of affairs;
C) It reminds those complicit in what has occurred that we still remember their actions.

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised that people are passionate about this on a site devoted to SA Footy and on a thread devoted to this debate.

Great post.
by Spargo
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I do still go to SANFL games.
I do still have membership of my club, as do my wife and kids (my wife doesn't nag me as she's there at the footy with me).
I do still have an opinion on the situation.
I do still want what's best for my club.

I'm entitled to push for this. You call it whingeing. Others call it resistance.
Things can change. We were once told there would be no AFL reserves sides in the SANFL - it happened in a flash. Port Adelaide supporters boycotted Footy Park - they got a new stadium. Things change. The direction of the game changes. Voicing our opinions, in a place we all know is read by football officials, lets people know that:

A) We still care about our competition;
B) We have a hunger for change in this current state of affairs;
C) It reminds those complicit in what has occurred that we still remember their actions.

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised that people are passionate about this on a site devoted to SA Footy and on a thread devoted to this debate.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

I've got a better kick than Jasper
by MW
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Maybe he's trying to put off possible candidates from applying to improve his own chances? :lol: :P

Sssssh!

Or maybe Salis gave him the "constitution line" as a soft let down and polite way of saying "thanks but no thanks" :P :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe he's trying to put off possible candidates from applying to improve his own chances? :lol: :P
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

amber_fluid wrote:Gibbs has 2 x BF at Carlton.

I won an under 9 and under 10 B&F at Smithfield, probably on par.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Gibbs for me, Ross Gibbs.
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone from Mitcham tell me what time your bar opens on Saturday?
by Pag
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's funny how people have different perceptions of clubs, I've always had very positive dealings with the Towns folk and found them very accommodating and friendly.

Only takes one bad experience for something to stick with some people I guess...
SOrta like me with Hope Valley... i have very good experiences with them, except their is always this one trainer who always hassles me

;)

i don't like townies, more so i was raised to dislike them. Some of the people there are great
by woodublieve12
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Torrens Arms goes alright in case of emergency.
by bandar
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone from Mitcham tell me what time your bar opens on Saturday?

Planning on tipping a few in Pag?
22 of us gotta do something this Saturday. ;)

I would say it will be open early like 11ish but not 100%. Mitchams C and A Grade will be on it i would think aswell seeing they didnt make finals.
11ish will work. We're starting early in the city, didn't wanna get on the train down and not have a bar to use on arrival.
by Pag
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im not sure who's to blame the AFL or Donald Trump
by another grub
Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide making their presence felt again.

19th man bullshit coming into the SANFL now.
by Booney
Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Hannebery will be a Saint definitely

i feel he was more pushed than choosing to leave on his own accord He's basically saying that as well.
yeah, i felt this before he mentioned it yesterday. i really like Dan and has been super for us but his past 2 seasons have been average. Pretty much since the umpire callled play on when that filthy bulldogs sniper took his legs out in the 2016 GF and hurt his knee... Can't believe that wasn't a free kick

https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/2018/04/484841_1fa809c1da43b94aa3ccaa38c5b40413.GIF
by mots02
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i feel he was more pushed than choosing to leave on his own accord He's basically saying that as well.
yeah, i felt this before he mentioned it yesterday. i really like Dan and has been super for us but his past 2 seasons have been average. Pretty much since the umpire callled play on when that filthy bulldogs sniper took his legs out in the 2016 GF and hurt his knee... Can't believe that wasn't a free kick

I see Australian Salt Mines shares are up...
by Spargo
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At least you've moved on.
by Booney
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Grand Final

S Demon wrote:Up the Eagles!!
Congrats mate. Seeing your pics on FB was touching - a moment for a son and his father to remember forever.
by Q.
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

McGovern leaving De Goey to take that mark over Mihocek then kick in board to Vardy is one of the most memorable Grand Final moments in my time.
by Booney
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:McGovern leaving De Goey to take that mark over Mihocek then kick in board to Vardy is one of the most memorable Grand Final moments in my time.

It took 3 pretty special moments in 1 play to beat Collingwood.
McGovern mark and kick, Ryan mark and Sheeds goal.
by helicopterking
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Dangerfield leaves - we are better side without him, Sloane is better.
Lever leaves - Kelly is better
McGovern leaves - Over rated, injury prone, don’t need him, got the Fog
Kelly leaves - Doedee is better

You forgot Cameron left. He’s shit can’t kick- we have Milera

The Tippet one must of cut deep though, booed at the Airport :lol:
by LMA
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

Is it just me or is the SA Footballer Facebook page just promoting all that is wrong with some of the players in community footy these days. These mercenaries who club jump are mainly tossers who crave attention and love the profile that social media and the internet can give them that wasn't around in the last century with footy at this level. I played with and against blokes in the SAAFL who would run rings around most these guys and they did it for nothing other than a pizza voucher every few weeks and a nice trophy at the end of the season. But for clubs today to promote the ego of many of these wannabes by posting profiles and pictures of their "big signings" is the biggest crock of s--t I've come across. One bloke just signed by a non-AdFL club has his name and photo up in lights despite his new club being his 4th in 4 years. And they went as far to say he has signed for 2019 and beyond. Interesting to see what beyond looks like in 12 months from now suckers. Don't get me wrong, a bit of love for players heading back to their grassroots club from the SANFL or AFL is OK but give me a spell with some of the other crud being posted. Anyway, that's my rant.
by Down the Hill
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

hollywood7477 wrote:Salisbury advertising for a new coach while in finals!!! The current coach not going on next year im guessing

I think they call it Constitutional advertising
by Footy Chick
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Brownlow Medal

hollywood7477 wrote:Cripps for me. Reckon he will get a heap of 2 and 1 votes and games that they went close and won he should poll in all of them.

Reckon he might buck the trend and get 3 votes in games they lost
by LMA
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Throw enough darts you will hit one right? How does Jay Clark still have a job? :shock:

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1170810883376730112

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1171905224899870720

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/779083593893093376

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/777811278261739520

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/777023911007399937

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/770029479875923968

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/760954814649860096

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/644040941867802624

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/640139882728325120

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/611662806941720577

https://twitter.com/triplemfooty/status/1005262493197844485
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Booney wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:A bloke called Heeney broke his thumb if anyone is interested.

That'll bring them back to the pack, probably only 15 wins now.

Top 4 in doubt...
by Spargo
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |