Search found 64 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

hey bomber what's the rea$on$ half the Hamley fellas are playing
in the A grade, solly not the only one grabbing cash :shock:

I dare say the 21 blokes picked to play A's that run on the field would be playing with the aim to win games and play in a flag, so that's the reason these guys wanted to play at Hamley. And some may get paid in $, petrol money or in meal vouchers depending on their with to the team. Stribling gets paid in dollars and I get paid in meal vouchers. Everyone's happy.
On Solly. The bloke is a serious playa. He will kick a big bag soon enough.
You must eat a lot then Thachy ;)
by chopper7
Wed May 21, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

##MISSING## For the last 3 weeks or so ..........nobody has heard from our front running bloodhound mate WESTY..!!. Has anybody seen or heard from him. Im becoming worried about him. Not a word since Kadina has lost the last 3 games and he asked the question if Moonta football club were the real deal! It is so unlike him not to share some of his opinions with us all.
I have heard that the great Westy is in actual fact named after the 80s hit GO WEST by the PETSHOP BOYS which is about 2 young men coming out of the closet in Russia and they walk off hand in hand to the promised land.
Storey is Westy may have got some inspiration from this tune and was last seen heading off into the sunset with a new mate he picked up whilst playing the Cougars at breakback mountain.
As I said we are all very concerned about Westy so if anybody has seen him please let me know.
by Dogs Breakfast
Mon May 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey meal vouchers who in balaks side is gonna pummel drainer
He is safe as a house this game will have Andy and doug all over it!!

Pearson will pummel him with verbal insults. That bloke can talk some serious smack.
I don't think Balak have anyone who will target him behind the play or anything too dirty. If he gets hit, it'll be fair and in the play.
by THACHY_7
Tue May 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey swamp that runner u mentioned was sent from the field
in the magoos on Saturday just gone crazy

And Saturday prior against two wells in the magoos
Those incidents are one and the same.

He kicked me in the shins behind the play in one game against Balak 6-7 years ago forcing me to spend the rest of the game on the pine with ####### sore leg. The club filed a report, but he got off because one of our witnesses stuffed things up. He's a peanut.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

good work Dylan Mansell. well deserved medalists. great footballer and great bloke. good to see desi the umpire hang the whistle up finally. enjoy retirement you useless fossil dick good to see u finally give some young ones a go.. :lol: all best to crows and pasky
by Nocyrils
Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don’t quote this or hold this to myself, but talking to a certain Hamley person this morning at work in Hamley, Quote (I think we may be holding a special meeting soon to decide our future due too only 5/6 players attending training, coach not being happy) surely every club struggles for players at training this time of year, find this hard to believe but after recent events (no money from concert and hearing big money still to be paid) the league couldn’t afford Hamley leaving. Maybe someone from Hamley can enlighten the situation
Have noticed some more clearances from them today, another couple to the Barossa. Anyone know which club Appleton heading to?
Strangely I noticed Schahingers clearance has been cancelled, change of heart or just wanting to go to a differant club?
Appleton coming back to South
All jumping ship when things look tough. The ticker of these local Hamley lads is a shame. Hopefully the club doesn't also take the easy option.
by Ace of Spades
Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're saying you wouldn't have blokes like Stribling, Dowdell and Duncan if they were willing to play for your club?

Personally I would prefer to recruit blokes that want to be around for longer periods of time and not just when the $$ is flowing. Like two wells for instant snagged Obrien and pontt from a div 4 side and now they are crucial points in there structure and I can't see them going anywhere soon! Recruit good blokes that can play footy not just blokes that are good at footy.
by Snags
Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BigV wrote:I heard all proceeds go to the Support Hamley Foundation.

Have virginia paid its fine from last yr's semi final at lochiel yet? Or its affiliation fees? Seems to be a diffrent set of rules for those guys.
by Nighthawk
Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nighthawk wrote:
BigV wrote:I heard all proceeds go to the Support Hamley Foundation.

Have virginia paid its fine from last yr's semi final at lochiel yet? Or its affiliation fees? Seems to be a diffrent set of rules for those guys.

Always will be a different set of rules for them
by Snags
Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Takes in Windsor, Wild Horse Plains, Calomba etc

The bustling metropolis' of Windsor and Wild Horse Plains...........

Wild Horse Plains..... Gods country. A breeding ground for talented footballers. Like 1994 B grade association medalist Derek Schulz who's career was tragically cut short by injury and rum..... mainly rum.
by pint of ale?
Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three red cards shown on Saturday in a match umpired by the Umpire's Coach/Co-ordinator, Steve Bawden, who introduced the red/yellow card system.
If that's his interpretation on what warrants a red card, then he's going to have to maintain it across his whole umpiring group and throughout the season.
It will be interesting to see whether these reports are thrown out (I think a red card is automatic suspension, not sure), considering they were made by the central umpires.

The fact that Steve Bawden is the Umpires coach/coordinator is disturbing in itself. It was disappointing to see him umpiring in such a big match on Saturday while BJ was allocated the senior colts and reserves. IMHO BJ is the best umpire in the league so why on earth isn't he umpiring A grade every week? Bawden is a control freak that makes every game that he is involved in about himself - he over-rides decisions of his fellow umpires and quite simply appears to have a poor understanding of the basic role of the umpire in a game of footy. Every footy lover I know would prefer him to miss a few rather than over-officiate and dominate the match like he seems determined to do every time he's in charge.

Well said Donkey. The greatest thing about what you have written is the fact you are a supporter of the WINNING side and still feel this way about the game on Saturday. =D>
by Mythical Creature
Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Early start for some OS
by Snags
Fri May 01, 2015 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

United 195pts
Two Wells 68pts
Virginia 12pts

Hearing a BIG whisper from the north that Balak have sacked another coach!!!!
by 23rd man
Fri May 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hairy cat be happy with those weekend results!! As for the Balaklava coach, full marks for coming out with his condition and sincerely hope he gets all the help and support he can get, it’s not nice to have and if you haven't much idea of it shouldn't say anything at all, well done to him for speaking out.
by magpieeagle
Sat May 09, 2015 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Any news in the rumours that Kadina are already looking for a new coach and that the current coach probably wont see out the season?

Not surprised
by Swamp Donkey
Tue May 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like the first of the OLeary boys has come through for his A Grade debut. I say between the two of them, there will be a few hundred games racked up over the coming years. ;)
by Lame Choice
Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:Well that's 100 for the season then. On track for a record maybe?

It's a joke that Boo Eddys record will be broken in this way. IIRC Eddys record is about 129 and will be soundly beaten by the looks of things
by mighty hounds
Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do we have a decision on Angle Vale yet, or will the board just keep calling for another vote until they get the result they want?
We do. Kind of.

Four voted against the motion to rescind the Board's decision.

One club voted for it.

Two clubs did not vote.

I don't know where that leaves us. Working on it.

Hope it's ok with Norm that I've revealed this.
by OnSong
Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to change the subject but the pies are the sleepers and one big thing
hasn't been mentioned Angus Bruggemann is he back local or still in town?
Bruggemann/Wilson/Wildbore all will be back in 2016
Has the big fella signed the paper work or is he still playing the game
If you believe Facebook, he has. There's a classic page dedicated to the "King of the Adelaide Plains". Haha
by OnSong
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

magpieeagle wrote:
hairy cat wrote:Sorry to change the subject but the pies are the sleepers and one big thing

Where is the dislike button. Lol

Is harris staying at mallala?
by Mythical Creature
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to change the subject but the pies are the sleepers and one big thing

Mallala are hopeful that Brad Wilson continues his committment in the SANFL. Plenty of time to come back and play country footy.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Officejet wrote:the only two I have heard is Big Munn and Trevor...

Searle and another one but I was pissed can't remember the name. Lol

They def said 4 or 5 tho
by carey
Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

The whole comp should be in pure fear. I seen Criag Taylor pounding the Pavment at about 6 am this morning as I was getting home.

Be afraid be very afraid ;)
by carey
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does this highlight some of the issues with country footy and why the SACFL are introducing the new rules. A club like Wallaroo seems to have decided to stop paying big money and are going to give the local kids a crack. Why should they be ridiculed for this if the size of the town means they can still get the required teams on the park. Didn't a Mt Gambier club go down a similar path some years back and ended up having their most successful era ever after maybe a year or two of getting A grade games into the young lads.

What is wrong with Wallaroo taking the same approach. At least they will have a group who will play for the jumper and not the $$$. And name me a football club Committee that doesn't have several with their own lads playing at the club. Provided the Coach is boss when it comes to game plan and selection, then no problems.

I can understand why small town clubs need to recruit because they just don't have enough locals to field teams although the $$$ being splashed around by some small towns is bordering on obscene.
by Down the Hill
Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:Both Walkers, Whisky and Justin off to South Clare, with the possibility of one more Pecker joining them.

Charlie Arbon to lead Balaklava's ruck department this year.
by OnSong
Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another good signing by Two Wells last night picking up a young gun who is training/playing out at the crows reserve squad.
by GIDDY UP!
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will that’s nice to know that my Crystal Ball works better than I thought,

So what's going on Test ? Why all the outs, are the rumours true about the split in the club ?

On another sad note, the Little Master Lawson is having a run with Scotch College next season, a public rally has been organised for 10am Saturday Morning at Victoria Square, Kadina, and then we can all push on to the Wombat, in a effort to get him to stay.
The little ma$ter was on the market

Ye$$$$$ he wa$$$$.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Any preseason games planned as yet?

Balaklava heading to Barossa Districts on April 2

OS My son informs myself Cocks At Mallala?

I'm informed there are mostly vaginas there magpie :)
by Hidden Tiger
Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So have we heard how the owls went? See their senior colts gave the roosters a touch up

Apparently the boys had to sing the club song in the shower. They had to make way for the women's match. Disgraceful. Ran out of food and drink early as well. Round one was always going to be a feeling out process though.
So you were there ?? ??? Round One for a new club in the league and U are happy to sit back and throw stones?? U can't back pedal and say I guess round 1 was a learning curve. Of course it's a MASSSIVE learning curve for us. But we learnt a lot of things today and I'm sure if u actually speak to any of ur old team mates they will tell u about he actual football game. Any issues please let me know as I'm very proud of my clubs efforts on and off the field. Well done to angle vale and we look forward to improving on and off the field this season and the many more seasons to come.

Wow, i said the having to sing the song in the shower was disgraceful. You think that thats ok? being told you have to hurry up and can't sit around the changrooms after a match so someone else can use the rooms? No problem with running out of food that was the part i meant i was feeling out process. Good work on the 2 goals
by mighty hounds
Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:It was dumb and deserved a suspension. His opponent wasn't seriously injured...... well his mouth was certainly functioning pretty well when he came off the ground. :D Two weeks is adequate - move on.

Interesting. :?
by Mythical Creature
Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or the ex coach?
by daysofourlives
Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Connor Fairlie's clearance to Mallala denied by South Adelaide.
Former U18 with West Adelaide and South, been playing ressies at the Panthers.
Won a Star Search award last year in the U18 comp. Magpies continuing to build their depth.
Are the pies running with or away from the cap
Pussy Cat, Go back to the Barossa will ya!!
by magpieeagle
Mon May 02, 2016 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How have the two vegans, Sean "Going Bald" Maher and Rick "Beefy" Stoyanoff been going for Southern Eagles.

I have heard Beefy has been referring to himself as THE WEAPON.

User well and truly on.
Is that the stoyanoff that played for Virginia
Nah, the Stoyanoff that plays at Virginia is his sister. Either his sister, or the Virginia Stoyanoff plays like a girl.
by User
Mon May 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely its time to move on.
Anyway well done to wilms for breaking the club record for balak last week.
Marty Pym tomorrow plays his 300th for the tigers. Not 1 game of b grade in that 300 and is still the first backman picked each week. Poor bloke has only got 250 odd games to go to break his old mans club record. :lol:
by Mythical Creature
Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WOW, steady up boys, it was a good, hard physical game of footy with abit of banter, nothing new about that, both Parish and Pollock had a chat after the game and another chat at the Association night and they both agreed it was just part of the game. The runner is fine, he just asked the spectator to help him straighten his nose, that's all, unfortunately the spectator took it the wrong way, but seriously, this incident should not have happened and I would hope that this is still being investigated by the league. Unfortunate outcome for Sparksy but this story is hopefully not over yet, Bring on this weeks matches, should be absolute crackers
by Popper Smurf
Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paponotis will no longer coach, taking the job after J.Den Engelse was let go. Fair to say he has done a great job.
by ScubaSteve
Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great for the league, with Hamley on the improve and no doubt Kym will bring something to the table for Angle Vale the gap will close a bit and will continue to over the next few years.

Will Hermy be bringing some Gawler Centrals players with him. Have heard a heap of there players are on the move, even the coach.
by Oval Ball
Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bubba love wrote:Can some one help me, what are the salary cap rules for this league?

Brown paper bags rule.
by carey
Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rumour going around Craig Taylor signed at Moonta,

Reckon a few Kadina bloke's would be pretty pi55ed at that, got more than enough help when he did his knee.
Think you will find Taylor funded his own knee operation and rehab and never wanted or asked for any help from the club . Also I heard that he wanted to go back to Kadina initially but kadina weren't sure if they could fit him in and he just wanted the silly season done and dusted .

Couldn't fit him in you reckon,
What, due to $ or Points ?
What happened with knee comment wanker you dismissed that quickly . And he actually want less to come back then what he did last time you flog
by Nocyrils
Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing Wallaroo have picked up Brett Ellis, Ex SANFL Eagles Ressie player.

Might be alright the doggies, if the President doesn’t stand in the crowd bagging his own….
Interesting quote from 1 who throws plenty of mud
I watch country footy with interest
Doggies on the right track recruiting footballers to suit and have gone away
from the seemingly buďdies gang the last coach bought in

Can’t recall throwing mud at someone who wears my clubs colours.

What are your colours this year OJ? It will be a new challenge for you, taking a team from top to mid table isnt easy but I reckon you have it in you ;)
by daysofourlives
Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the Anzac Day subject.
(Nothing against the Mallala and united rivalry)
But I heard the other day that the riverland football league play there previous years grand finalist on anzac day. Would make it a exciting fixture for everyone in the league and everyone has a chance to play in it.
What would everyone else's thoughts be if this were to happen?
Nope-Mallala/United brought all this together as a rival game and share each year, is this a idea so other clubs can get a piece of the pie??? Was originally thought of because of servicemen from the district of Long Plains/Mallala that served.
So you're gonna do it on Wednesday next year?
by OnSong
Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hairy cat wrote:Aaron Anderson for the Eagles today is it a kid or a fleet footed older type

Would be mid 20's, ex West Adelaide footballer. He was a league regular in 2015 but did his ACL in pre-season last year.
Handy pickup for the Eagles.
by Bob Loblaw
Mon May 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We can all vote on to dismiss AV, might as well dismiss junior association as well (yes the APFL is more than just A Grade, though you wouldn't know it) and then what??? I hope all you powers to be have a good 5yr plan for the APFL to survive?? Or do we go back to just limping along yr after yr, I know I don't hold much credit in this league( or here) but being around the APFL 22yrs I would hate to see it disappear in the future and clubs along with it, yep-really hope you guys have a good idea hiding somewhere.

Dare I ask why you think the APFL is all about the A grade and not the juniors? And perhaps how you think losing 3k a week if good for the Association? Maybe we should have put more effort into assistance to sustain the current clubs instead of the easy solution of replacing them ?
by Ace of Spades
Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big fella from the rams was trying to hedbut
BG then RS joined in an wacked him
Umpire VH 3rd umpire was shocked when BJ
said here's the card go get 14 and sin bin him and that's what I saw
About time well done BJ
2 different incidents, the first dried up then RS wacked the little number 5 in the bread basket off the ball, BG headed over to advise that wasn't very nice of him, RS then wacked BG, then umpire advised that wasn't very nice. (allegedly)
by Ace of Spades
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:Jordy Clements and Josh Seal to tie

Micheals to win and Clements and Darty joint runner ups
by GIDDY UP!
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two Wells premiers!!! 13 Points!
by mighty hounds
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by the joker
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BigRig wrote:Trent Heff captain of districts still. Sat in on the meetings to pick new coach. Going nowhere ! Info...... incorrect

Captain helping to pick the Coach? That coach is doomed then
by Stackson
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasn’t one of the stipulations of them joining they had to have a full quota of senior netball??
by 23rd man
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But you’d have a bye instead and money coming in ?
A Bye doesn’t incur costs such as umpires, players etc
So u run at a loss when u play angle vale ??
It's pretty basic maths.

Two Wells played AV at home twice last year and were definitely considering seeking compensation from the league as it put them about $4k down on what their usual home game takings would be against any other club.

That's $4k they've got to make up elsewhere.

Every other APFL club, depending on their home game financials, would be between $1500 to $2000 worse off for hosting the Owls.

These are just facts, I found a fair few of the Owls players pretty genuine blokes who want to have a kick. This situation is hardly the fault of those lads either.
by OnSong
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |