Search found 58 matches

Return

Re: Great to see...

Thanks Big Phil!
That's freaking awesome. I'm an instant fan of this guy.
by therisingblues
Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

hmmm, starting to notice a few boos towards goat man. I knew it was only a matter of time before the hype started to fade.
serious question. Are you watching the same raw as everyone else? :D

No I didn't, probably drowned out by a raucous Chi-town chanting YES....

The guy is so over you could win the tag titles with him
by wristwatcher
Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets be completely honest here. Unless Bryan is added to the main event at WM, Batista vs Orton will go down as the worst main event in the PPV's history.
not that i can disagree with that. Bryan vs HHH makes alot of sense... I'm hoping he pulls double duty that night, if he beat hhh gets to go into the main event... something along those lines..
by woodublieve12
Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bully wrote:hmmm, starting to notice a few boos towards goat man. I knew it was only a matter of time before the hype started to fade.

by woodublieve12
Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The only way to sort you two out is by a wrestling match.

Bulltista vs Wristian

:D :D
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130306110059/video-game-championship-wrestling/images/9/94/Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

;)

Yes I'd like that :)

It's hilarious that he is Batista, no-one likes Batista :lol:
by wristwatcher
Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

helicopterking wrote:The only way to sort you two out is by a wrestling match.

Bulltista vs Wristian

:D :D

;)
by woodublieve12
Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hmmm, starting to notice a few boos towards goat man. I knew it was only a matter of time before the hype started to fade.

Yep

Bully, you have made some outrageous statements recently, however surley you have to be joking with this one?

Mate the blokes got no idea. Now before you get all defensive and sad and say that I am bullying you Bully, don't blame me. Blame your narrow minded unwillingness to recognize talent and your lame post attempting to undermine one of the hottest streaks in WWE history that has been built on pure wrestling talent.

In the end your lack of analytical ability is only doing your wrestling viewing an injustice. For over a year you have been trying to tell the world Daniel Bryant is over rated and is no Mark Henry :)) but it might be time to suck it up and let it go. Your wrong, very wrong. Your entitled to an opinion and that's fine but brick walls are hard, Velvet sky is hot, Beer is good and Daniel Bryant is as good as there is in the business currently. One day eventually his popularity will fade, but it wont be anytime soon because when it comes time to work the guy has balls, heart and ability and true wrestling fans respect that. 8)
by wristwatcher
Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Along with creating a great atmosphere at the game, it could be a big money earner for the club, esp if its a triple header. If you organize it against a big rival or at least a team that will have a good amount of supporters there I'm sure the bar takings will be pretty healthy for that day/night.

Both PNU v Walkerville games under-lights would be good Blackwhite

Would be awesome. No doubt Walkies and Scotch are PNU's biggest rivals this year so a game under lights against either of them clubs would be huge. No idea how it would go about getting organised but I guess both clubs would have to agree to it a fair way in advance?

Would have though that Broadies would have been mentioned in the same breath as well after our clashes in 2009-10
by FOURTH ESTATE
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i find it amusing that everyone is more excited about the 2 people who potentially could be in the main event, then the 2 people already in it :lol:
by woodublieve12
Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great performance by PNU yesterday to knock off PAC. Great skills and run from the boys. Hope this is a sign off things to come.

They were pretty clinical without Rowett, "The Situation" and a couple of others. Some of the new recruits looked the goods and their third quarter was irresistible. The Falcons will certainly be around the mark. 8)
by wristwatcher
Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i thought it was an awesome Mania. Best in some time...

However i could have stopped the show after the first 20 minutes and i would have been satisfied... Silverdome :lol:

B-Bry and HHH kicked the show of with a beauty... Happy tp see cesaro win. The Shield was a little wasted but it was an ok match...

With the Taker match there is no way Vince would have told him to end the streak... It was all on Taker i reckon. He's already wanted Orton and Kurt Angle to end the streak in the past but was told no from Vince.... I also wouldn't be surprised if Taker changed the result on the fly... However i think the wrong person ended the streak... When a bloke like HBK can't end the streak there is no way someone like Lesnar should... No part timer should have ended the streak... Pretty average match, Taker did look old and slow....
quote from Bleacher Report
Make no mistake about it: Brock Lesnar defeated the Undertaker Sunday night, but it was Mark Calaway—and only Mark Calaway—that ended the legendary streak.

Saying that though alot of the greats end there career on ther back... Stone Cold, Ric Flair, HBK, The Rock and plenty more.

The main event was awesome.... Absolutely amazing...

Just on the crowd, at times they sounded amazing and at parts a bit flat. It is a 4 hour show, would be pretty hard to be up and about for all of it. But that is the problem with big stadiums. I personally would prefer them to go back to arenas like they used to be... But saying that, when the big moments happend the crowd was great... Seeing peoples face when Austin and the Rock and the HUGE pop was awesome. Especially Austin...

4/5
by woodublieve12
Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To give credit, I sat there after the count and was in shock for about 60 seconds. Can't remember the last time I did that, maybe when Austin joined McMahon at WrestleMania XVII.

Some people will be disappointed, I'm almost happy WWE still has the ability do that to a fan of 16 years.

Massive ups to 'Taker, think that was the last time we'll see him, unless there's a re-match with Lesnar next year. Thanks for the memories.
by Pag
Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasn't a big fan of him, but tragic it is... Looked like he was struggling at Mania...

Good to see WWE and him mend there issues before his passing...
by woodublieve12
Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

It would be criminal if people left their SANFL side to support the crows reserves. I hope no one has done it.
by Ted E Bear
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It has been a big week.

Thought Wrestlemania was pretty good overall.
The stage/stadium set-up looked awesome as it usually does for the big show.
While it was memorable to see Hogan, Austin and the Rock in the ring together, nothing they did or said was memorable in the opening segment.
HHH vs Bryan was a good match to start off.
The 30-man battle royal was probably the best battle royal I've seen (battle royals normally suck). Great finish for the surprise win.
It was a shame that The Shield were put in a squash match against 3 over-the-hill blokes. At least the Shield still haven't broken up.
Cena struggled in his match as I thought he would, with his typical awful acting. It didn't make any sense for Wyatt to lose. Worst match of the show.
The streak ending was a huge shock, especially after such a uninteresting build-up. The crowd's stunned reaction was awesome. Perhaps, in hindsight, it wasn't such a huge shock that Undertaker chose Brock to end the streak. Taker is a big UFC fan and obviously respects Brock's professional fighting abilities/accomplishments. I see this resulting in the Undertaker's retirement match at Wrestlemania 31, perhaps in a rematch.
The divas match was well set-out and was watchable. Can't say that about many Wrestlemania divas matches in the past!
Main event was very good with all 3, even Batista, working hard. The right result; like Wrestlemania 10 and 20 the highly-talented/hard-working wrestler won the gold.

How good was Heymen's promo on Raw? Best in the business on the mic. Cesaro joining Heymen was a shock as I thought he'd turn very soon. Good episode of Raw.

Eric Young winning the TNA title is surely another nail in the coffin of that company. It is baffling that the promotion is still going.

Warrior's death was a shock. He didn't look overly healthy during his Wrestlemania and Raw appearances (I haven't watched the HOF ceremony yet), but I thought maybe it was just emotions. A shame that yet another wrestler has passed. Saw a photo of an old Nintendo WWF game with Hogan, Big Bossman, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior and Andre on the cover; only one of them are still alive!
by Mic
Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

luketorrens wrote:Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.

CRAP
by locky801
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

It was also a really weird atmosphere there. There were plenty of power/magpies supporters there yet they displayed zero excitement and passion despite belting us from the first bounce. In years gone by their supporters would have been gloating and giving it to us. But today.......nothing. Polite applause when they kicked a goal. Even their cheersquad remained pretty well quiet.

I'm thinking many of their loud-mouthed passionate supporters have given up and been replaced with well-behaved AFL supporters.
by Mr Fuller
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great day at Broadies today, 3 wins from our sides.

In the A grade, Broadies got away well but Walkies piled on the pressure and fought back well to take the lead late in the 3rd.

Few moves made by the Weed, steadied the ship and Broadies came away with the points.

Walkies are way better than zip and 3, their forward line pressure in the 2nd and 3rd 1/4 was unreal and that got them right back in the game.

Also what a great crowd, apart from hosting a G/F last year i cannot remember a crowd that big at Broadview in the last 5 to 6 years

Estimate of crowd number??

Hard to estimate the crowd but were 4 deep on the western mound and large groups all around the outer side, know the BBQ etc had sold out prior to half time, my guess would be between 1200-1500 but in saying that i am not the best judge on crowd numbers
by locky801
Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jumbo20 wrote:scotch unbeatable??

Yep that's what they said about them last year
by wristwatcher
Sun May 04, 2014 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Excellent, really into this storyline glad he got the win
by test
Mon May 05, 2014 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Ouch.

Could we say the same about your committee then?

Nope, PNU doing very well, and only assuming who your talking about, but that said person puts in that many hours its not funny. If you would like to elaborate on who it is that you are talking about it would be appreciated as it not good to assume. Saying that, I don't think you would be able to knock PNU or its comittee this year. :?
by Upthefalcons
Wed May 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

very nice tribute to this young man
by Bully
Sat May 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A big round of footy looms in Div 2 this week:
Flinders vs SMOSH: Both teams will be looking for the win to have a 3-3 record and keep in touch with the 5.
PAOC vs Gepps: 4th vs 5th, 4-2 is a lot more appealing than 3-3, third spot is up for grabs one would think.
PNU vs PHOS: A gallant performance last weekend from the winless side but you'd think the home side will get the points quite easily.
Scotch vs Broadview: Scotch continue to prove the goods after being promoted the last two seasons, can Broadies stop them in a top vs 3rd encounter?
Walkerville vs SHOC: I'm tipping Walkies to go back to back wins after finally getting the monkey off their back against the team with the pooreset percentage.

Seen most teams and Scotch and PAOC are the stand-outs, with apologies to PNU whom I have yet to see.

No need to apologise chief but our ten goal win over PAOC and 15 goal win over SHOC suggests we are somewhere in the mix. Having said that you can make every play in May but its always September you remember.
by wristwatcher
Tue May 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disappointed with how they used Bad news Barret in his home country. Other than that though I thought it was a solid Raw with a fantastic UK crowd as we have come to expect.

Agree completely. He should have opened the show and even been on commentary for the first of the beat the clock challenges. I felt like they missed the boat on that but instead had "glory hound, daddy's company, my tv time" McMahon just throw to a vignette of him so she could scoop his heat. The bull hammer he hit would have been a lot bigger pop had he actually done it in the ring.

Another angle I would like to see is Ryback dumb "Worst Henning Ever" and have a face turn. He was hot as a face and has been brutal as a heel. He is wasting away and they need to do something, anything with him.

Speaking of wasted talent. You called it BW our mate Sandow since dropping the case has gone on a crash course of failure. Losing to the Cobra last week was hard to watch. What's next tapping out to El-midget bull. :shock:
by wristwatcher
Wed May 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Cleaning

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Paid Volunteer from within the club I believe

I feel like that's an oxymoron.
by jo172
Fri May 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Impact on grassroots crowds?

The opposite question could also be asked too: Are the crowds for Saturday afternoon games at Adelaide Oval smaller because of grassroots footy?

I won't be attending any Saturday afternoon AFL games due to watching local footy.
by Failed Creation
Sun May 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blackwhite wrote:
Cash 123 wrote:Geeez the PNU supporters have come out of the woodwork over the past 6 months

The real supporters were never in the woodwork to begin with. PNU till I die.

Blackwhite how many times do I have to tell you not to talk to strangers or blokes who played in a GF and did not get a kick :D
by wristwatcher
Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just received an email saying i can be one of 2,000 international people to watch WWE network live until August 4 for free. Just had to be one of the 2,000 to sign in and bam was one of those 2,000 and now have free wwe network until August 4th!

I was discussing this with my missus and as cool as the WWE network would be I could see it turning me into that guy on the dole drinking longnecks and rolling durries watching Wrestling from the crack of noon until 4am every day.

I don't think 24 hour wrestling access is a good idea until the man cave is built. She shouldn't have to hear it whilst she is cooking and cleaning ;)
by wristwatcher
Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bully wrote:rumours that AJ Lee is pregnant

Damn it, I have sex with her once and look what happens.
by helicopterking
Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the date - medal count night

Blackwhite wrote:Thankyou, I'm gonna put big bucks on myself to win it ;)

Haha you should know that backmen never poll well, pridey would be my pick!
by Upthefalcons
Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Watching Prelims

I will always go and have a look. There's always something else you can learn.
by Pag
Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL VENUES 2014

jo172 wrote:Have to say no one saw this coming in the prediction thread!

Not overly thrilled with the proposed Sunday game schedule

Div 2 women's football getting prime time in the main event. Please :roll: .

Let's put the C4 GF on at 2pm and Div 1 at 10.15am
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL VENUES 2014

So here's a serious question. During the finals home clubs buy their finals. Why can't clubs who are NOT participating in finals submit a request to host a final. I'm talking clubs without enclosure like Mitchell Park, arguably the best deck in the league, and pay let's say $1000k which is the norm to let clubs enjoy their day. Or is it really about the league collecting the big ones because clubs have worked hard to get there and it's now paytime. Sorry but I thought we were amateurs.

The country clubs get it right, they allocate grounds for finals and the clubs share in the $$$$. No wonder they continually steal players for big bucks.
by Yank Man
Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thankfully a much better Raw this week. Actually took me over an hour to watch this episode. 8)

Sad to hear of the passing of Sean o' Haire today as the wrestlers curse strikes again. Was lucky enough to meet Sean and have a drink with him in Sydney in the year 2000 when Nitro and Thunder WCW shows were touring. Fair to say he lived life to the extremes and he is not the only one who was there that night who has prematurely exited. R.I.P
by wristwatcher
Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Firstly, congratulations to SHOC - it appears to be all coming together at the right time!

Secondly, I couldn't count on one hand the amount of B grade games Tyson Burrows has played in the last 15 years, let alone this season, so imagine my surprise when I saw him r un out in the ressies today. :shock:

His 26th reserves game but who's counting.

Judging by SHOCs last three weeks and the close PNU and PAOC game last week you'd have to say SHOC will be bullish if not outright favorites.

From a PNU perspective we're stoked to have the 1s and 2s in the big dance for the first time in almost 15 years. Hopefully the under 18s do the job tomorrow and we have a great week!
by jo172
Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now I say this at 6am getting up for work not coming home from doing whatever it is kids do these days.

Dear Steven,

Your Article was awful, innacurate and inspirational.

Kind regards, PNU

Amazing day. Truly amazing and hats off to SHOC as they nearly had our number. Good club and tested us like no other

No Other? Who was the only club to defeat you this year????

Someone beat us in April but they couldn't get within 15 goals of the opposition when it mattered.
by wristwatcher
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaches worth

Does Mills have an Under 18s Red Flag?
by jo172
Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The players don't get paid in preseason so neither should the coaches.

As for 20-30 hours a week I find that hard to believe. Here is what I see. 2 hours Tuesday night, 2 hours Thursday night, 4 hours Saturday and 2 hours selecting players. 10 hours . There might e a few coaches who tape games and watch them again. Another 2 hours for them. However you are not going over tapes from other teams, watching there practice or getting scout reports. 12 hours is about the
Most I can see. Would love to know where the other hours are spent?

I can not believe how insulting this would be to the coaches, ours in particular, who spend countless hours tiring over their role and going beyond what is asked. I have no doubt more coaches (at least 'A' grade) than not fall into this category.

The head coach of a local footy club is far more than a coach, they are the leader of the club and are instrumental in building its culture.

10 hours. Get stuffed.
by Jetters
Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think the $$ amount is thaaat relevant to the grade being coached. A coaches value to the club would be unique to that club and it is not necessary his 'coaching' that is the value.

Most coaches would also take massive unders because of the passion for their club, so regardless of their division they could be paid stuff all.

Coaches get paid stuff all for the work they do!!
by Jetters
Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A story that got missed in the drunken haze of the last 5 days was (and I hate pissing in this bloke's pocket) Grae Grant's return from a brain tumour that was meant to see him miss the whole season, to be allowed to play, then to cap it off with BOG in a Grand Final and 2 last quarter goals.

Hollywood stuff
by jo172
Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Club Best & Fairest winners

Blackwhite wrote:Payneham B&F count
A Grade - Tyler Brimacombe
Runner up - Jon Giannini
3rd - Jack O'leary

The good players won coaches awards
by jo172
Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fact they put rusev in the ring with Rock is a push!!! Awesome segment
by woodublieve12
Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone see the rock and hhh promo backstage on Smackdown???? Hilarious... Great stuff.
by woodublieve12
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone see the rock and hhh promo backstage on Smackdown???? Hilarious... Great stuff.

Yeah I gotta say that was one of the more funny things they have done on the show. Unfortunately there's just no one around on the current roster that holds a candle to the Rock. Also the bit they showed with Stone Cold and Booker from years ago is also a cracker. "Price check on a jackass!"
by cokadonkeytoo
Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

beef wrote:I think that its pretty disrepectful of plympton, from the couple times i saw them i thought they were a pretty good side. Golden Grove wouldve beaten Kilburn Salisbury and Mitcham. Thats about it.

They would probably beat Seaton in a final.
by Boosh
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Not that interested in arguing the point (because who is a better coach is obviously subjective as all hell and I doubt that anyone has spent time under both Mills and Macca to make an assessment [paging the Milky Bar Kid]). On record alone obviously Mills by the length of Flemington Straight. Record however only tells part of the story because the best coach in the world can only do so much with the wrong cattle and vice versa.

Discounting junior flags, particularly under 18s flags from any consideration is a bit churlish though because obviously the strength of the juniors and in particular the strength of the Under 18s is directly related to the overall strength of the Club
by jo172
Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Maccas a better bloke. Maccas wins. Discussion over. Sorry Millsy :)
by wristwatcher
Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penalties for paying players in the SAAFL

there was something in Adelaide Now - can someone post it - I CBF.

Hard to police, especially in the case of a lot of college clubs that don't pay players but allegedly find them cushy jobs and other such schemes.

easy to police piss the college sides out of the comp let them play with each other just like in the school footy

and then onto all the clubs left introduce a tuff rule like this

div 1 50k
div 2 40k
div 3 30k
div 4 25k
div 5 20k
div 6 15k

all club presidents and football directors sign a form and a justice of the peace signs of on it if they care caught over the cap in payments the club is kicked out of the comp im sure some clubs will try and work around it still but the first one to be caught and kicked out will be fun to see

and to all the people who say they will just use paper bags under the table in that case id say the league work with government to introduce some sort of law how many presidents would be willing to risk the club to pay under table then

How can I as President stop a wealthy supporter giving $200 a week to their favourite player?

Especially if I know nothing about it?
by jo172
Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a championship match !!!!

Love when Brock smashed the TV on the steps !
by Bully
Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just finished watching the rumble, whc match was awesome, Some great spots. Cena, Rollins & Lesnar were all awesome.

Royal Rumble was terrible. Bubba Ray and DDP were probably the highlights. Crowd tore reigns apart, WWE obviously bringing the rock in to try help with reigns. WWE would almost want another curve like last year because Lesnar and reigns as the main event wont be nearly enough.
by Magnum Force
Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |