Search found 135 matches

Return

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Beenreal, how many magpie players do you expect to stick around and play for the power reserves next year? Wll be intesting to see how many do decide to stick around.

BW, I remain confident the opportunity to access the best training, rehab, welfare facilities in the competition, plus the prestige of winning a Premiership for Port Adelaide will be more than enough incentive for the PAFC's playing stocks to be more than adequately serviced.

I also think many will be surprised at both the numbers and the quality of those doing the upcoming pre-season under Darren Burgess.

Not every footballer plays simply for the money.
Bahaha! There is no longer any prestige in winning a premiership for Port Adelaide Power Magpies or whatever you call yourselves these days. There isn't even any prestige in beating you guys anymore. Your team is just a development squad. You are a nothing club now.
by cennals05
Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Maybe if you did know what happened you wouldn't think it was a load of bollocks. West have handled the situation with compassion. Some things are bigger than football.
by cennals05
Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I just went to HR and told them that I'm not apologising. She was apparently really upset and felt shamed. It's like breaking the law and then complaining because you're on the news (which is rather ironic in this case given her occupation). Just don't do it in the first place.

If women didn't have vaginas, we would throw rocks at em'
I am a woman and I want to throw rocks at her.
by cennals05
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

This film clip from Adelaide band Bad Dreems...

by cennals05
Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WOMENS ASHES

Yes the women's ashes would be as interesting as watching all of you play the z grade level of cricket or football that you play/played. But good on you for having a go.
by cennals05
Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Crows wearing the state guernsey for their first game at Adelaide Oval. Even more reason to dislike them.
by cennals05
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Two Heads

Dogwatcher wrote:Rain?

Persistent showers here in Gawler.

I'm not sure how long the rain in Gawler will take to get to Hobart.
by cennals05
Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Bounce of the ball wrote:Bring back the bye. Time for a 9 team comp.

No. Get rid of Power and Crows reserves and have an 8 team competition, with all clubs on a level playing field, like it should be.
by cennals05
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

heater31 wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
cennals05 wrote: Then said the game is the another word for a homosexual v the team that voted NO.

Huh?

I'm not sure I can say what he actually said without getting banned.

Stay classy Centrals management :roll:

Sorry that we didn't bend over like your club.
by cennals05
Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

This is the first game I won't be attending when I don't have another commitment for years. I'm not sure if my stubbornness is good or bad. I feel like I am letting my team down, especially when they voted no. But on the other hand I don't want to be seen as supporting the AFL in the SANFL. To go, or not to go, that is the question?
by cennals05
Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Crows were bigger, stronger and faster today. I'm sure their 20 supporters that were at the game enjoyed the win. Especially the ones that complained that Centrals supporters were being mean to them. It was just your normal everyday football banter and they complained. This is why Crows supporters are the laughing stock of the AFL and now the SANFL. They seem to think they own the town and seem genuinely surprised that not everyone follows them.
by cennals05
Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

Pretty easy to get a couple of hours off work too, plus you will be paid for the time your at the school. Also doesn't have to be players could be a couple of the people that work full time for the club.
How many people do you think work at SANFL clubs? They are running on a bare minimum and rely on volunteers to help them out. Do you expect the bar manager and the chef to head out to schools?

Players already get time off to make it to training and you expect them to then get another couple of hours off?

You seriously live in la la land.
by cennals05
Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

if any of you were crows or port members, do you think you would want to get into your reserves for free? i sure do, and probably wouldnt have gone the other week to watch centrals and the crows if i didnt get in for nothing.
I'm a Centrals member and I can't get in to watch Centrals reserves for free so I'm not sure why the AFL teams supporters should be given any special treatment.
by cennals05
Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

ok, but im sure you realise that you have to apply this logic to all of the other threads that you comment in?

you guys are sounding a little like andrew bolt right now

Sure do. That's why I don't comment in threads that I think are silly or have no interest in. I might think they're silly but to others they're not. Who am I to say what people can or can't talk about. Which seems to be what you want to do. Maybe you're the one that sounds more like Andrew Bolt.
by cennals05
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are Centrals "imploding"?

Our problem is lack of leadership other than Thommo. Players like Willo, Goody, Jenner (I know he is out injured at the moment) and Collier should have stepped up but they haven't. It's like everyone is waiting for someone else to do it.

I expect the young kids to make mistakes and be inconsistent. I have no problem with that, but when our senior players aren't giving a yelp we have a problem.

Our skill level has been deplorable for the last few years as well which isn't helping.
by cennals05
Mon May 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

A question to Port and Crows fans. If the AFL turned around and said next year Port and Crows are only going to have a salary cap 50% of all the other teams, how would you feel?

I imagine there would be uproar. This forum would explode and so would the FIVEaa phone lines. This is how we feel. We have to go each week and watch 2 teams that are playing on a completely different playing field and we're suppose to accept it and stop whining. Why should we? I hardly think you would be if the shoe was on the other foot.

I could probably go into the AFL forum and get all the posts about how unfair it is that Sydney get COLA, yet some of you refuse to see how unfair the conditions are in the SANFL.
by cennals05
Mon May 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Case in point...

Nobody is saying the COLA assures you anything, but a side that can win a GF then recruit (potentially) the two highest paid key forwards in the comp to long term deals seems slightly jilted, does it not?

Yet you don't seem to be complaining about how the Power Reserves are running around with a much larger salary cap then any of the other SANFL teams. That makes the SANFL slightly jilted, does it not?
by cennals05
Mon May 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL in the SANFL discussion/debate

How does the salary caps of the crows and port teams work?

From memory the crows topup players get $100 a game.

How does it work for port?
Here are Adelaide's conditions...

Top Up players – leadership player
- AFC can contract one ‘leadership’ player per season.
- 28 years and over, must have been on AFC AFL list.

Top Up players – other
- SANFL Clubs can opt in / out of providing top up players to the AFC.
- SANFL Clubs must make the decision on in /out by November 1st.
- Should SANFL Clubs chose to opt in, they agree to always have a minimum of 2 players available for selection for the AFC.
- These players will be:
o 18 – 22 years old, on an SANFL Club list
o Selected at start of pre-season in conjunction with SANFL Clubs
o AFC and SANFL Clubs to review at conclusion of Rd 6 and Rd 12
o Cannot play against the player’s home SANFL Club
o Receive a match payment of $100
o AFC to access further ‘top up’ players from community football. These players are not to have played at SANFL level for a minimum of 18 months and will receive $400 per match.
- Top up player system to be reviewed annually.
- Should the PAFC enter a team in the SANFL League Competition with the same on field regulations as the AFC, this would need to be reviewed.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2179/

Here are Ports conditions...

Top Up players – leadership player
• Port Adelaide Magpies support team can contract one ‘leadership’ player per season.
o 28 years and over, must have been on PAFC AFL or PAMFC list.

Top Up players – ‘Magpies listed’ contracted players
• Port Adelaide Magpies to provide a list of 15 players at the start of the season who can play at SANFL league level – contracts to be lodged with SANFL. (18 and above with no age ceiling to apply).
• Such players receive a maximum of $400 per match at SANFL league level, $100 at reserves level.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2228/

Port didn't have any restrictions on age of top players and they were allowed to choose players already in the SANFL unlike the Crows. How Port were ever let in under different conditions astounds me. It is completely unfair. On top of this on any given day Port or Crows could have a player running around on a salary that is higher than the entire SANFL team they are playing.
by cennals05
Tue May 06, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL in the SANFL discussion/debate

This is why I'm so pissed off about it. I could almost live with it if both teams had the same conditions, but the SANFL have basically handed Power Reserves the premiership.
by cennals05
Tue May 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 LIVE scores

Where have the Dogs fans gone that were saying they wouldnt win another game and are the worst Central's side in history?
Have now beaten both of last years Grand Finalists and are just outside the 5
I guess Roy is safe for another week :roll:
They probably weren't at the game today because no one was. Which is a pity because they missed Centrals digging deep and coming back when they could have let North run away with the game.
by cennals05
Sat May 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by cennals05
Sun May 11, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I made one deliberate generalisation to make a point about the extreme view.

You obviously haven't read any of my posts on here, as a self confessed "pro-afl" fan I have been one of the only ones willing to debate the issues. But picking holes in an argument is apparently hypocrisy.

And I still don't subscribe to the notion that it has ruined the comp... Yet... Too early to tell. Has been my argument all along. Those that think their fears have been realised and the sanfl is dead, after 2 months of footy, are jumping to conclusions.

Of course the sanfl has changed. For the better? First indications are probably not. Is it dead? Of course not.
It all depends on what your definition of ruined or dead is. This is the problem. For those of us that only follow SANFL our definition is going to be entirely different to those that follow AFL.
by cennals05
Tue May 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Glenelg v Central @ Gliderol inc Post Match

As i have said previously if you are without two to four experienced players due to injury the team is stuffed especially if its a a new young side and i guess the Bays are in the same predicament.
Spot on.
Completely agree. When Centrals have their best side they can compete with the best of them. Take a few out and we are in trouble. I wasn't bothered with the result yesterday. I thought we were going to lose by about 5 goals. I was impressed with some of the young guys. That was probably the least experienced side we have fielded in 15 years. We have to be realistic about what they can do.
by cennals05
Sun May 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wrong, a salary cap increase will put more financial pressure on clubs. It is not worth pursuing, at this point.
Not if it's funded by the SANFL. This is the discussion I had with an ex-Magpie player and coach last week. He said the only solution is to do that or to kick Port and Crows out of the competition. Even though he is a Magpie man he agreed that how it is now is detrimental to the league and something needs to be done.
by cennals05
Mon May 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Just listened to the interview. Apparently as the players were coming off the ground they copped some abuse and someone threw their membership at them. They were also told they weren't wanted in the North Adelaide Clubrooms after the game by officials.

It was quite a sook from Tex. They are not happy with the abuse they are receiving at all grounds.
Adelaide membership or North?
Either way, pretty ordinary thing to do. Especially if it was their members badge as it could have had an eye out
I agree that throwing things is not on, but verbal abuse, get over it! All teams put up with that.

I think AFL teams are somewhat sheltered now. Some of these players don't know what real life is.
Oops, forgot the :lol:
And the ;)
I wasn't having a go at you, I was having a go at the Crows for being so soft with my get over it comment.

I am glad they know they're not wanted. Might make some of them realise there is more to football in this state than the Crows.
by cennals05
Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporters yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

but if you are a true supporter then you would support your club not matter who they where playing.

So now we know you're not a true supporter.
by cennals05
Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Recruit

The next big thing, Wagner I think his name is, the one dominating for Centrals, he's on the show, yes?
Yes he is. Does quite well I believe too.

Johann? He got through - looked liked he was wearing a Roosters guernsey though?
His original team is the Tasman Football Club Port Lincoln. They are the Roosters.
by cennals05
Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone's posted on Facebook a WA news article. One
of WA's longest serving football commissioners has "quit in disgust" at the direction of WA football, with the inclusion of the afl reserves. He's also boycotting the WA gf, for the first time in 50 years. He's described it as a farce (sounds familiar).
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/24501225/footy-boss-quits-in-disgust/

Sounds very familiar...

"It gets more depressing as the Eagles reserves juggernaut rolls on to its ninth successive victory - something East Perth has not been able to do for decades when left to their own resources," he said.
by cennals05
Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Port absolutely gifted that game. The umpiring was a disgrace.
by cennals05
Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Maybe Sturt can do something about Luke Grant. He doesn't exactly sound like someone you want to have around the club.
by cennals05
Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Are we being encouraged to find this guy at the footy and have a go at him? If so that makes the people that do, no better than him.

He really needs to be spoken to by the club and have it explained to him how is behavior is not in anyway benefiting the football team that he is passionate about.

I have spoken to Centrals supporters before that I thought were being inappropriate. They soon shut up when it's one of their own telling them they're a d*ckhead.
by cennals05
Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Free kick against talia possibly the worst I have ever seen.
Take your blinkers off. There have been terrible frees all game. Lynch has had two shots on goal from frees that weren't there. The umpiring hasn't been the best but it's not favouring anyone.

Nobody listens to what you think
When people start getting personal you know you've won the argument.
by cennals05
Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Hearing that a story about the Crows and some fraudulent behaviour might break this week.
by cennals05
Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Ok good people...

Give me your best ideas on how to smuggle booze into a concert event (like a sounds by the river) 8)

Wine is my poison of choice, I considered disposable ice cubes at the bottom of the esky but any other clever ideas will be appreciated.
Have smuggled alcohol into Day on Greens and Sounds by the River before. Last year Sounds by the River was very lax with their security because there were just so many people and they wanted the line to go fast. They didn't even check I had a ticket. A Day on the Green are more wise to people sneaking stuff in and check more thoroughly.

What we have done in the past is put vodka in water bottles then either use Pringle packets or Cheezel packets. Put the water bottles in them and glue the tab back up, put them in a bag with other food and they don't even really check. If you have an esky packed with ice they find it really hard to get to the bottom of it to check, so you can generally get away with water bottles of vodka at the bottom of the esky. Must make sure ice is packed in though so they can't be bothered searching to the bottom.

We also once hollowed out a bread cob and put the bottles of alcohol in that.
by cennals05
Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol ok.

Also I posted a reddit link, nothing else.
You might think it's funny but I'm sure you wouldn't be laughing if it was your wife, mother, sister or daughter who had private photos stolen and put on the internet. Just because they are celebrities doesn't make what they do in private public property.

And before you blame the women for taking the photos in the first place, do we blame people who get their credit card details hacked for having a credit card in the first place? No we don't and this is no different.
by cennals05
Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Onto the game, can Port get a ruckman from somewhere ?
Bauldy and Dawe will dominate Bruggy and Harvey as every side has this finals.
Port need to play J Butcher if he declares himself fit as they have nothing up forward. They have a reasonable defence and 8-10 top class (SANFL level) onballers is where they get the advantage. They bat deeper in the midfield.
Will Jimmy Allen play?
Looking forward to a great game and the Legs getting up in a close one.

As for what they are called or what they chant, isn't that their prerogative?, they have a side in the competition - wether it be a reserves or thirds side, they have a team in our competition.
Maybe McEvoy can play for them too.
by cennals05
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Had a giggle at this tweet
by cennals05
Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

I'm certain I have more idea than you. I will be there to see it first hand on Sunday whilst you are likely to be on your keyboard whinging about it.
Start rounding up your mates then.
Ports crowds have been nothing short of pathetic this year. With all your 50,000 members nothing short of 40k this week should be acceptable

If there is only 30K and Port win the Premiership that will be more than acceptable.

I am willing to admit Ports presence in the AFL Prelim is over shadowing it but still hoping that our club will have two reasons to celebrate come Sunday evening.
No it won't be. If you don't get more than last year then it's not good enough. After all Port have the most supporters in the SANFL. That is what we have had shoved down our throats for years.
by cennals05
Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

Whether the players had anything to do with the sacking or not, the way that Ricciuto and Chapman have intimated that they did is disgraceful. They are not the actions of a club that are all on the same page. The players should never have been dragged into this publicly. There seems to be a huge disconnect between everyone at the Adelaide Football Club.

Time for any of the board that were there when they offered Sando a 2 year extension to go. If they thought 2013 was mediocre and not acceptable then they should have told the Coach he was on notice and was only getting a year extension. If I was a Coach and they gave me two years I would have assumed they were happy with me. The board have shown they are completely incompetent.
by cennals05
Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally I think most of Centrals decline would be due to financial constraints at the moment. Most people don't have a lot of spare cash these days. Memberships would be one of those non-essential things that would get dropped. Completely understandable.

I do know that the club fielded a lot of calls about the reserves issue. What do they say if one person takes the time to complain about something there are another 100 that feel the same.
by cennals05
Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here are all the crowd figures with the difference from the average crowd of 2819 for the year. The figures in red are games with a Reserves team.Out of the 90 games only 26 had higher than average attendance (29%), 14 of those games had a Reserves team playing.

There's an hour of my life I won't get back. :D
by cennals05
Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The median is 2419 for 2014. Give me another hour and I'll go through 2013. :lol:
by cennals05
Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't find all the crowd figures for 2013 so I can't compare them, but I did for 2012 and 2011.

Year Average Median
2011 3238 2895
2012 2892 2514
2014 2819 2419
by cennals05
Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

I think Dangerfield is a very good player and can become even better. But I think he needs to play in an environment where he is not top dog. He doesn’t have any experienced players to pull him into line. I know for a fact he didn’t take the coaches direction in some games last year and did his own thing. If he was playing for Hawthorn or Geelong I think you would see a different Dangerfield as there is no way Selwood or Hodge would put up with that on the field.

There is more to a team game than having brilliant players. They must be willing to play for the team first.
by cennals05
Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye SAFM

They are still on air, they'll just be called something else from October 20. At a guess I would say they are looking at nationally branding the network. SAFM is the equivalent of FOX FM in Melbourne and 2DAY in Sydney. Not sure if they're music position will change too. Currently they position themselves for the under 40's market with NOVA and NOVA is winning that battle easily.

Anyway, it will be very interesting to see what they do for those of us in the radio business!!
by cennals05
Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Seinfeld in Parliament video...

by cennals05
Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Premier Ticketek.

Whenever a show is on I find the pre-sale goes smoothly as anything. Foo Fighters tickets on sale at 3:30 pm, transaction completed by 3:32 pm.

Easy.

Same here. I had my laptop and phone ready to go and had no problems at all.
by cennals05
Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |