Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

gold dust is the worst performer IMO. should never been given the numerous chances that he has been given.

Hilarious. :lol: about 2 days later he's a champion. Your posts do amuse me. You must be a teenager, his body of work in the NWA was excellent and the WWF signing him was one of the major signings of the 90s and a big part of the turning point that gave Vince the control of wrestling. Not sure if there is much point in trying to explain territories and so forth but Goldy deserves every opportunity he is given. He is the son of the American Dream and helped VKM realize his American dream.
Congrats to Shattered Dreams another bona fide worker.

Just because he's a 'champion' (of the incredibly prestigious tag-team title!), doesn't mean he's a greater worker. Even Great Khali was World Champion!
Goldust was a mid-carder at best during the Attitude era, hardly a big part in the WWE/WCW war.
by Mic
Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

5.45am and builders have turned up next door, truck still going, radio going. :(
by helicopterking
Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i dont know about the olden days, but now you're taught if you aren't comfortable crossing traffic, to wait until you are. It doesn't matter if you frustrate people behind you. It annoys me too. But I do understand people waiting until they're sure they can go. A lots at stake if they get it wrong.
That'd work well during the times where they don't use the turn arrows, 2 or 3 hours would be a long wait!!

Seriously, it's a very simple skill, you enter the intersection and wait until it's safe to proceed, if you have to wait until the lights go red so be it, you then proceed as all other traffic has to give way until you have finished your turn.
by Ian
Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I make them slow down and get behind me. Pisses people off.
by The Sleeping Giant
Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Car Industry

Sorry to throw the political element in but I don't get how Abbott is responsible for this though. The industry has been unsustainable for ages.

Do we blame the government that reduced tariffs on imported vehicles, the government that got us to an economic climate that make manufacture too expensive in this country, do we blame the unions for forcing wages up, do we blame the Labor government for bringing in the carbon tax (thereby shooting already labouring donkey) or do we blame Abbott for not "upping" the bail out package? For me, I can't blame Abbott because I'm always critical of throwing ridiculous amounts of money on business cases that lose money hand over fist.

Now if he'll just reduce funding on the arts and defence!
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opposition leader Watch

Better fun listening to Albanese
Word is the reporters stand back in case of copping a spray (literally)
by Jimmy_041
Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I dont think its race that has people disputing that he should be the Australian of the Year. Its the fact that there are way more Australians that are more deserving.
by HH3
Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Q. wrote:#BringBackWayneSwan

Bring back Peter Costello.
by stan
Wed May 20, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

And, it would seem, Labor were also paying people smugglers - as they don't want to answer that question. Or are they making some perverse point to highlight the Lib's stance about "commentary of security matters"? If they are, it ain't working.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opposition leader Watch

Hon. Cesar Melhem and Hon. Bill Shorten =))
by Jimmy_041
Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Maybe every one should cheer and chant his name everytime he gets the ball this week
by whufc
Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Wedgie wrote:Another interesting titbit

FB_IMG_1451259761543.jpg

Stop posting irrelevant photos that aren't related to the thread name. :lol:
by mighty hounds
Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

Clear penalty, shoddy defending

You have to be kidding, Aussie touches the ball, French takes two steps then Rances it, way to lose a game but if that's within the rules give me netball any day of the week
Unfortunately there was contact made so for me it was a pen. It didn’t lose us the game as we equalised shortly after. We lost the game because stupidly we didn’t park the bus and settle for a draw. We allowed the game to open up far too much and got stung.
We do need to learn to exaggerate contact though, it’s a part of the game and we have always been too proud to do it which is often to our detriment Well if that's the case, then I want nothing to do with the Sport. The defender clearly got the ball and every so slightly nicked his heel on his way down. Exaggerating contact is a bitch move.

If thats "ok" and par for the course, then the entire sport ought to have a moment or two of self reflection.

You can all laugh at LMA but he's right. Soccer will never be anywhere near the other codes in this Country as culturally it does not cohere with our values.

Well don’t have anything to do with the sport and piss off out of the threads. Jesus Christ
by bennymacca
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

Hi all, just a reminder that this thread is about the World Cup tournament. If you want to discuss the merits of the game do it elsewhere.
Continuing to post about your opinion of the sport as opposed to the goings on in the World Cup will result in you being suspended for the duration of the World Cup.
Cheers.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |