Search found more than 1966 matches

Return

Good Movies

Seems the ratio of crap:good movies increases every year ... From memory the most enjoyable I've seen this year were The Departed, Running Scared, The Big Nothing, Blood Diamond.

Anyone get any recommendations for good movies in the action, thriller, suspense mould ... Or even a good comedy (actually saw Knocked Up and Superbad too and didn't mind them)?
by JK
Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sons of Anarchy

smac wrote:Gemma is pregnant with triplets.

From that explicit scene with Unser
by JK
Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Panther Pack wrote:Rumour South will be announcing the signing of a key forward and midfielder in the near future!!!!

Will the contracts include out clauses for the Eagles?
by JK
Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:So many changes at each club to come over summer. The sides will be all but unrecognisable next season.
Were Ferguson and Mangan expected to depart Westies?

Throw in Tippett who seems to be a good possibility to get drafted, and the Westies defence is suddenly down to just 14 players
by JK
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nathan Bassett

If he didn't sign it, it would be considered up for negotiation still. If he told them he'd sleep on it, they have every right to change it when he comes back to them.

LOL You'll go a long way in the business world :lol:

If two parties thrash out at the negotiation table and come up with a set of conditions and level of remuneration that is agreed upon, then the paperwork presented is significantly different, you consider that good business practice?
by JK
Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:No salary cap at South?

Even by usual West standards, this is a bit early for Salary Cap whinging ;)
by JK
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2013

I see Port will be hosting the first AFL game at Adelaide Oval against the crows

Yes and on 5AA the world is ending and Trigg is really dissapointed, but I didnt think it was going to matter that much. I mean Both SA teams are playing there there day/night.

Might be just me.

It's pretty funny listening to all the whinging .. FFS both teams will still host a Showdown and play the same number of games there
by JK
Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Short-lived TV shows

The Naked News
by JK
Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Webb and Duldig? You reckon they'd be part of a 'golden era'?

I was originally going to write "and the more than handy Kirkby, Webb and Duldig", as a second-tier group, but changed it.
And, yeah, I'd like to see Webb develop into a key forward role as I think he could make a very good fist of it.

Kirkby was awful this year, and has started going to ground way too often in contested situations. If i had a $ for everytime I heard someone yell out "keep your feet Kirkby" i'd be rich

He's overrated. A decent player who's had the ability to deliver a lot more than he has.
by JK
Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval - NEW Home of SA Footy

This is Adelaide Oval not Adelaide Crows Oval. It is for ALL South Australia not just two football clubs and a few cricket matches.
If the SA govt. put so much of our tax dollars into this venue we should use it for every possible venue .... soccer .... rock concerts .... rolling stones ..... international knitting championships does not matter. We need to generate revenue on OUR investment.

We get those everytime the Crows play
by JK
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

holden78 wrote:Maybe loyalty isn't spelt with a $. Who knew!

Not Welsh, Parry or Ainger, would be my guess
by JK
Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Have enjoyed Orange Is The New Black thus far
by JK
Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Rob Chapman

Can't stand the slimy prick. Sounds like a sleazy salesman grinning from ear to ear through every spiel of BS he offloads, knowing the sheep are hanging on every word.
by JK
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL players drafted in 2013

holden78 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:As much as I dislike Norwood, got to hand it to them having 21 players drafted since 2010 and still win the last two premierships

Bastards

Well it's gotta help not having a salary cap to worry about ;)

What are you complaining about, your two clubs probably have two salary caps ;)
by JK
Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Yeah I think the Poms are a long way from done, and I don't think we'll see them rollover like that again during the series. The Aussies need to build on that performance now and get all of their batsmen into form.
by JK
Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Botham summed up the first test pretty well:

"Welcome to Australia. And guess what, there's no red carpet for you to walk on, unless it comes courtesy of blood from a cricket ball," Botham wrote in the Daily Mirror.

"There are some things that never change about coming to this country and I think the current crop have been given a brutal reminder of what it takes to be successful.

Courage and bravery are two traits that are a must here, as well as fight, skill, patience and aggression."

He described England's performance as "ordinary, verging on embarrassing" and added the inability to score more than 200 in either innings was "failure on an epic scale".
by JK
Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trot's hotspot in the 1st test

by JK
Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Watched Seven Psychopath's last night - Good movie, with some excellent dialogue and strong performances (most notably the always great Christopher Walken). Think it missed an opportunity to be a "great" movie via hitting a few flatspots after a fantastic, albeit frenetic, start.
by JK
Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:It's easy to get something that nobody else wants.

How is the Herps btw mate?
by JK
Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Someone Recruits Triple Magarey Medalist?

He really shouldn't be going anywhere, North have botched this one badly
How so?

Offered an amount markedly reduced from his previous deal, which he accepted, then when it came time to sign the fee had been significantly reduced again. Poor form.

Not disputing the other points you've made, imho North looked far more dangerous last season, but still think they've insulted a club great through this process.
So North have botched it because of figures a Norwood supporter has heard or read somewhere?
Norwood must have botched it too since they've turned him down.
Apologies if you work for North Adelaide or are in fact Jimmy Allan but from your lack of discussion about other issues I assume you aren't.
Time to get back on your fence JK.

No problems mate, you don't have to believe it - It's only 1 side of the story anyway. There's the on the fence version for ya.

No problems mate, you keep the blind faith in your club that has served you so well and reflect upon how well we botched the last game of the season. There's the other one. ;)
by JK
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist James Allan

With Norwood able to recruit just two players from outside the club ‘s promotional zone due to penalties for breaching the salary cap , Ross said addressing the midfield was the priority.

FFS, we didn't breach the salary cap, we weren't even close to being over the salary cap.

Yes we did. Didn't exceed the cap, but we breached the policies in place.
by JK
Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

Great result, and must admit was blown away yesterday by how awesome the Stadium is .. Felt very un-Adelaide like.
by JK
Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2013

FFS why is any of this Andy D's fault.
This has all been brought about by the conduct of the Essendon FC and in particular Hird and Corcoran. They should never work in the industry again just like Dank and Robinson.
Dr Reid should also be struck of the medical register, he has the ultimate responsibility in all of this.
If he wasn't across it all he is not fit for duty.

Just remove EFC from the comp and bring in Tassie

Don't think anyone will argue with Hird's role in all of this, IMHO he needs to be removed from the game.

But Andy D also has to go .. He tipped the Bombers off, clearly wants to avoid court and in particular the witness box for the scandalous details that would emerge/be confirmed, oversee's a poorly managed deal that prevents Hird being paid for season 2014, then re-negotiates a deal that allows exactly that!

He's been involved in too many shady backroom deals on this one and is playing his part in bringing his own competition into disrepute.
by JK
Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Bully wrote:Watched a little six in the city this morn ...:D

They replayed it tonight ;)
by JK
Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Ryano with a peach
by JK
Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wycbloods wrote:
Thiele wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Apparently West Adelaide members have recieved an email advising that Justin Hardy is officially signed...

not me

Mine has got lost some How to

Mine too.

Maybe they keep them in the safe?
by JK
Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who have Norwood screwed over more ????

they havent screwed any one. they have done what they think was the best for the norwood fc. i cannot give an opinion if they ate right or wrong without any of the facts
all i can say is
"Norwood for premiers 2014"

I'm fairly certain they made it clear they were against AFL reserves side in the SANFL. They went back on there word. To me, thats unforgivable. This is a reason that my club no longer exists.

I'm not about to defend the actions of my club, but please don't blame anyone but your own for the changes at your club.
by JK
Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Are we including all reserves footballers for all clubs in the Iist, because Joe Bloggs has left Centrals to a division 182 club in the ammo league

He'll get picked up by the Port Awesome Sooper Dooper Academy and transformed into the world's best footballer I'm sure.

Yep but unfortunately for them he gets picked up with selection number 7 in the draft by GWS and goes on to win two brownlow medals and they never get to see the bloke play a game in the pretty teal

So, you acknowledge there is no direct benefit for Port Adelaide yet there could be immense benefit for Junior Bloggs?

Excellent, then you can all mind your own business and let us get on with ours. ;)

Well your "business" does generally have ramifications for all other clubs in the state ;)
by JK
Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kurt Tippett's playing future?

the way the adelaide media and some adelaide supporters are carrying is comical and somewhat farcical... sound like a bunch of sooks... wonder if i will carry on as much if grundy wants to come home... i very much doubt it!!!! :roll: i don't even want tippett at my club!!!!

It's not good, and you make a fair point .. Always disappointing to lose a quality player, but for some reason we really struggle (particularly our media) to build a bridge and get on with things in this state, even though all clubs across the country have felt the sting of it.

Complaining over something like Tippett leaving is like complaining about bad umpiring .. It's futile and does nothing to help get on with things, a pointless exercise.
by JK
Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

RB wrote:If you think there's one iota of difference between the Crows Reserves and the Power Reserves you're barking.

That's a bit ruff
by JK
Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Flappy bird. Who ever invented it needs a punch in the dick

Gives me the shits that you had to mention it, so I had to explore it, then play it for 30 mins to get a score of 3!! :evil:
by JK
Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

From Adelaidenow - Crows chairman Rob Chapman told The Advertiser the Adelaide Football Club's intents with the state guernsey celebration were vastly misunderstood and misrepresented in public.

LMFAO .. Err Rob, where do you think the public perception emanated from? Arrogant club, with arrogant spokespeople and arrogant board members .. Reap what you sew you pieces of shit!!
by JK
Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE EPL SCORES

Disappointing we gave the last one up .. We'll still finish 5th .. Le Arse might struggle for top now though

What do ya reckon Bully? ;)
by JK
Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just started watching Walking Dead, and nearly finished Season 2, which I've found as exciting as watching grass grow. If it weren't for a good mate telling me season 3 is awesome, I would have packed it in by now.

I want to take a Taser to Rick badly - He'll still say whatever he's trying to say in the same timeframe (zzz), but at least it would be amusing watching him squirm in between sentences.
by JK
Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think I'm the only person not to have watched Game of Thrones...I've come close but...I dunno...so many people like it, it must be good right? But then, lots of people liked Roxette...

Tell me, do you have to be into Tolkein, elves and hobbits and shires and stuff? Cos if so I really can't do it...

Seriously??

Who doesn't like Roxette??
by JK
Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Lmao the player who's signature you tried so hard to get last summer - lol you couldn't even succeed at that

I don't think putting a bid in can be considered trying so hard. you couldn't even succeed with the same team that beat us 5-1.

Sorry, just pointing out another victory that went begging for you ... Different keeper, but I guess you'd need an idea to notice

Oh wow one player. Glad we didn't get Saurez can't even score against a team higher then 5th.

Lol yep coz a keeper isn't an important player .. I'm glad you didn't get Suarez either, beautiful assist for Sterling to nail our 3rd against you at Anfield. You might have missed it being a fair weather supporter
by JK
Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Freedom of speech? ... Or a serial pest?

Johno6 wrote:Ive been known to make the odd girl pray in my time............. ;)

Mate, there's a difference between pray and prey ..
by JK
Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

I think most of us have just been waiting for David Burtenshaw to return with the explanations
by JK
Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Freedom of speech? ... Or a serial pest?

Never understood how "ramming it down people's throats" has ever been seen as beneficial by any of the Christian groups when the whole underlying ethos is that faith has to be a Choice
by JK
Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v VIC Feb 20- 23 Adelaide Oval

Not sure I would have this time, but hopefully Redbacks can get it done anyway
by JK
Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

I know some think he is responsible for the SANFL and wafl direction, but I have only heard him say changes are up too the relevant leagues and have nothing to do with the afl.

Which is mostly correct, as all leagues have to accept responsibility for their own backyard, buck stops and all that.

But naturally what happens at the top will filter down and have an effect on supporting/lower leagues. The SANFL several times found themselves with a gun to their head given the promises and threats related to funding from the AFL, which sits at an amazing disparity with other states, regions and area's of development. Reduction in transfer $$ income etc. So Vlad has had an involvement, whether he cares to admit it or not. But at the ed of the day his primary/only concern had to be for the body which he was employed to oversee.

I not a fan of the bloke and I think he's botched a few things toward the end of his tenure, but I agree with GrahamL - From the Charter given to him from his employers I would suggest he has been an outstanding success.
by JK
Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

It comes down to commitment to the cause. The PAFC will lose credibility with their community involvement if it becomes obvious they are not committed to SANFL success. EVERY word that has come out of Port Adelaide has stood firm on that commitment. Energy Australia upped their financial package on the basis of that commitment.

Must admit, I agree with this. I can't see Port ever going in anything without wanting to win it, their supporters wouldn't stand for any other attitude.
by JK
Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Bills, bills bills... pay one and another one comes, pay that and two more come!!! :evil:

Stop paying them then
by JK
Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games Week 1 Discussion

I was there last night, a sight to behold and he's fitter than he ever was at that other mob ... :YMHUG:

Can't wait for the first Jimmy in red and blue snap neither. :YMPARTY:
That's OK, we take other club's rejects and turn them into good players, other clubs are welcome to turn our stars into duds. ;)

We turned Jars into a good player ;)
by JK
Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games Week 1 Discussion

dedja wrote:is he related to Graham?

D'oh!! Why do I only ever get decent footballers names right?
by JK
Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion 2013/14

on the rails wrote:Surely now the "fat lady of the midlands" can start to clear her throat?

C'mon mate, thats no way to speak about JTC
by JK
Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

Also I reckon Hombsch was very good, particularly in the 2nd half
by JK
Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |