Search found more than 1968 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anyone needing to kill some lockdown time might want to read the Woodville Pizza Bar reviews on FB, very popular at the moment
by JK
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Magellan wrote:For ages I've wanted to use his name in a rack-and-pinion steering pun, but could never make it fit.

Couldn't steer the topic in the right direction?
by JK
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Missed the race, congrats LM :D :partyman:

Nice surprise to open the account and see some $$ in there :)
by JK
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let’s not kid ourselves it not all great at Centrals. The Andrews saga, below average performances on field, trouble recruiting big recruits, off field plans that have never gone ahead, lost a major sponsor through no fault of their own, ex juniors not returning.

The club is making moves and trying to rectify it though, we are not the first club to go through a period of this and we won’t be the last. Fortunately though we are going through after an amazing decade, it could be worse we could be South or West whose success has been very limited in a lot longer timeframe.

I think there is still a lot off field changes needed at the club and I think that will happen in time, on field there were some encouraging signs especially in our reserves and juniors.

If we get back up there watch out coz when we do we make it count.

West won a premiership since Central last have :D

Yeah but I would rather our dominance for an entire decade then a once in a blue moon premiership. Your club has been a rabble for an eternity, at least we have done something people will remember for ever.

Post AFL era means many will undervalue the significance of your achievement (which shouldn’t be the case, still 9 teams all going H2H each season). I’d be surprised if any of us ever see that level of domination again.

No coincidence it occurred while you were one of the richer clubs - Barring a few anomalies here and there success in all sport usually follows the money trail.
by JK
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dr Scott Atlas, who had no expertise in public health or infectious diseases and frequently clashed with figures like Dr Anthony Fauci, has resigned from his role as Donald Trump's special adviser on coronavirus.

I assume Atlas had the weight of the world on his shoulders..

Didn't seem to concern him apparently, in fact Atlas Shrugged.
by JK
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:May look like a dumb question but what constitutes a marquee player how is it decided

how quickly and efficiently they can erect* a marquee

Imran Kahn style?

Greg Norman style
by JK
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Cmon JK lift a notch!!!

Not sure what I can do differently lol. The Receptionist at my neuro looked at me like i was daft (not entirely wrong I will concede), then whipped around to show me how to do it and immediately remarked “oh, that’s weird, here’s a pen for our list” lol
by JK
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Personally I think the Eagles are just recruiting in a smart fashion and have beome a club people desire to play at so are willing to make sacrifices knowing they'll have a red hot go at the flag.

Agreed, but it seems (not from you, just in general) this line of thought is only used selectively.
by JK
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally I think the Eagles are just recruiting in a smart fashion and have beome a club people desire to play at so are willing to make sacrifices knowing they'll have a red hot go at the flag.

Agreed, but it seems (not from you, just in general) this line of thought is only used selectively.
Obviously Norwood are different mate, there's no other explanation except for huge paper bags full of cash as all things being equal noone in their right mind would want to play for that shitty club in front of their wanker suporters. ;)

To be fair we don't (well most of us) wank and support at the same time ;)
by JK
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:How do you shove the muffing through your mask?

Not sure but I’d have a crack...

Someone might snatch it off you.

Should've ordered the vagetarian option.

Couldn't have the Cockys Tongue or gutted Rabbit then ...
by JK
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Ronnie wrote:Also notable that Mark Ross has departed Norwood. Redundancy officially anyway.

That’s the line they’ve run with, disgraceful decision
by JK
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Dutchy wrote:Anyone else working?

In the office but not expecting to get a lot done
by JK
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Josh Parr you beautiful human being
by JK
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sooo.... what didya get?

Booney wrote:I got some Grinch socks, some Grinch jocks, a Grinch stubby holder and 4 new bar stools.

Do you think the missus misheard and thought you asked for 3 extra grinches? ;)
by JK
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Well done Trevor Chappell .... I mean, TDK :D
by JK
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

MatteeG wrote:Might try the oval hotel out.

Bit overrrated imho, but be interested in your thoughts if you do give it a go mate.
by JK
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

Jonathon Patton is under investigation over lewd images allegedly sent to a woman on social media.

The Hawks released a statement on Saturday evening confirming an investigation by the club’s integrity committee and reiterated its zero tolerance policy.

“Hawthorn Football Club is aware of allegations made on social media regarding the behaviour of Jonathon Patton,” the statement read.

"The allegations are of behaviour that does not reflect the values and standards of Hawthorn Football Club.

"As soon as the club became aware of the allegations it addressed the matter with Patton directly and clearly communicated that any behaviour of this nature would not be tolerated.

"The club takes these allegations seriously and has referred the matter to Hawthorn's Integrity Committee.

"Hawthorn advocates for equality and respect for everyone and demands this same behaviour from all involved with the club."

- hawthornfc.com.au

Not his first rodeo either by the sounds of it.
More women have come forward now...

And now another 2

Hmm, almost like there's a Patton emerging ..
by JK
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would seem a degree of blame can be apportioned to both the feds and local government, probably then just gets aimed at whomever is in one's sights?
by JK
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone had any experience dealing with eating disorders either first hand or a loved one?
Understand it's a touchy subject so not obliged to but if anyone can, DM me please. thanks.

Afraid I can't help mate, but that would be a pretty unpleasant unknown, so hope the someone in question comes through it and out the other side well
by JK
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I know Im an old bastard, but anytime I hear the term "influencer" I f***ing cringe and stop reading/watching whatever form of media it is they're being mentioned on.

HTF some young chick/dude already with a face full of Botox gets such a large following has got me buggered.

Rant over.
by JK
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood

I've always admired Eddie for where he's come from, the ladder he's climbed and his passion for Collingwood, but sadly I think he has to be finished now. After his incredulous Goodes remarks and the terrible manner in which he handled yesterdays presser, it's time he moved on.

The Adam Goodes remark was in 2013, to think only now people think he should be moved on is hard to believe.

The Goodes remark was atrocious and would have completely understood (and agreed) if he'd copped the DCM. At the time, it just sounded like an impulsive and stupid remark (as Eddie does from time to time) and you'd have hoped he received some educating to help set him straight. Sadly that appears to have not been the case.
by JK
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2021

Both done Reberta :-BD
by JK
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I was curious as to what the barmaid post was all about

Umm, yeah, I think she congratulated me on my CC and Dry intake.

If she was working on commission Id say she would have been extremely happy
by JK
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:SA Health presser pushed back from 2pm to 3:15....

We going into lockdown? Doubtful I know but who knows

Pigs Arse!
I’ve got a lads day at the pub tomorrow.

You’ll be right mate, that essential
by JK
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I trust the TGA in Australia based on my experience in Medicine over the last 50 years. They've usually been fairly balanced and cautious.

Severe allergic reactions to vaccines are rare, and partial immunity to a circulating disease is better than none.
I'm in my late 70s, and I'll have mine in later March when I'm eligible, and if needed follow up with one of the others later.

I've also had Rabies immunisation for one overseas trip, and the only one I cant have is Diptheria immunisation - that's because it is always mixed with Tetanus vaccine and I have high reactivity to Tetanus vaccine due to having been exposed to the real thing 3 months after a booster.

( I now have 10x the usual Tetanus antibodies of a vaccinated person and get a severe reaction to any booster.)

The way I partied in the 90's I'd be a fair hypocrite to refuse a vaccine that has been so clinically tested.

Lol yep same (maybe also 2000's and 2010's)
by JK
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
You’ll have to nude up and try the sun lounges in week 1.

No doubt, if any of the women there are into slightly overweight middle-aged hairy men with small willies then I'm their man.

Hold my beer ....
by JK
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

About a dozen of us hit the Lighthouse for tea Sat night .. Good meals, not amazing but far from terrible, staff were good (especially the couple I'd known that were ex-Seaton Hotel). Was a beautiful night and the Port is such a great place, so lucky to only live a few mins away. Food, Service, Price, Atmosphere I'm probably giving it about 6/10.

After that we descended on Korked, which is my kinda place. Small, intimate and fun probably due to Sandy the owner who is a deadset legend, highly recommend this place if you're in the area.
by JK
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Dutchy wrote:Used to have cheese and pineapple toasties as a kid

Yeah same, big fan. but no Cheese and untoasted just seems weird as
by JK
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graham Campbell's 2021 Punting Forum

Just a little interest bet
by JK
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Some bloke was at some shops at Salisbury North yesterday and hit his missus, another bystander intervened to help the woman and the bloke turned on him, the bloke and the woman he assaulted then jumped on his bike and fled the scene as emergency was called, the chopper had to come in and land on road due to the extent of the head injuries.

The arguments on FB surrounding the incident are concerning, do you involve yourself or ring 000 immediately? It's a tough one as you have a split second to make a decision and you know you're entering a volatile situation while you're adrenalin isn't pumping the same as his.

I reckon it's hard one to know until you're in the situation bud .. I've had times where I've impulsively put my head on the line for others and paid a price for it, but I've also had times I didn't act in the moment and suffered the guilt and anxiety over it for a long time to come. Kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't if things go really pear shaped.
by JK
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

With constant rule changes in the game , when will the bouncing of the ball be removed and throwing up be standard.

Ive always loved the bounce and defended it as part of the games fabric, but given so much has changed and the significance of getting the ball out of the middle, I've now changed my stance and agree that it's time to do away with it. The umps have enough to concentrate on without needing the pressure of bouncing an odd shaped ball perfectly which even the best players can't get right %100 of the time.
by JK
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Trial Games

pretty disappointing result at Noarlunga for South fans.
Centrals were very fast and hard at it, they will be a lot better than most think this year. I didnt have a program but No.11 for Centrals was pretty impressive, almost as impressive as his mullet.
South "managed" Horne, Heaslip, McGree and Broadbent. I thought youngsters, Sampson and Freitag were pretty good and new chum Skinner showed a bit as well.

Coupla different people I've spoken to, both with plenty of experience and longtime SANFL ties, spoke very highly of the Dogs after both the Norwood and South games. Said they're fast, committed, fit and willing and will catch a few teams out this season.
by JK
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Did 360 address the the missed HTB calls from the weekend (Cats v Bris, WC v Dogs) does anyone know? They didn't from the little bit that I saw an OTC didn't touch on it at all either.
i dont believe they did

Makes you wonder if it was an AFL directive, would have thought it was a reasonable talking point. To be fair there’s a fair bit of good news to discuss on the game at the moment so maybe they focused on that. Have my doubts though
by JK
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:It appears that @HH3 and @amber_fluid are each about 4 games away from playing significant milestone games this year.

HH3 sitting on 146 and AF on 196.

Will they pull on the boots to make the magic 150/200? ;) :lol:

Can Amber put his beer down that long? ;)
by JK
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 - We're on a mission from God

I reckon Neale smashes it this week and I'm putting the vc on him. Hammers I reckon you should trade Neale as he is going to leak cash. That way when he goes gangbusters I'm laughing!

regards,

REB

I'm sticking strong this time, despite not being confident. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its going to make or break my fantasy season i feel.

Looks like Lachie's an out for me then ;)
by JK
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R1 Centrals v North Friday 2.10 PM

UK Fan wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Lots of talk at the ground that James Boyd has retired and Connor McLean has left the club. Can anyone confirm?

True

As fantastic as his SANFL career has been - And it has been - I don’t think it’s a bad loss with what I’d imagine your current plan is.
by JK
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spent the Easter weekend with 4 other couples at Pt Willunga Big 4 Park. Awesome weather, awesome setup, heaps for the kids to do, liver seriously thankful to be back home. Such a quick and easy trip to get there, even zipped back home on Good Friday to pick up the 3kgs of prawns I’d forgotten to take. Highly recommend this place.
by JK
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

Not much love for Brisbane .. Fairly plucky the last two weeks running both games out strongly. Teams coming off a thumping win not always the best prep, and they look somewhat galvanised from their extended Vic stay (as much as you can tell from the outside). Be interesting to see whether Andrews goes to Bruce or Naughton, can't see JB shooting the lights out 2 weeks in a row.

Surely youre not serious. Andrews goes to Naughton no doubt, just need someone who has played the game before to keep Bruce quiet, absoluts dud
My thoughts not too dissimilar mate. Keep pants on
by JK
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Digital Pass

Spargo wrote:
JK wrote:Just checking, is the Digital Pass not included in SANFL club membership this season?

It is with Glenelg 100 Year memberships.
Do you need a link mate?

Yes please mate, the Metamucil hasn’t been working
by JK
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having a dip but our skills are appalling and it’s the senior blokes making the most mistakes.
Swans could blow us out the water in the third if we don’t smarten up

No Heeney hurts the Swans and I reckon they spent some petrol then, far from out of it mate. Crazy to think IF the Bombers get up, that bar one atrocious quarter they could be 3-1.

And bar the game they lost they could be 4-0

;)

Yep, lucky they fell in by 75 points ;)
by JK
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Danger game tonight. Bit nervous about it.
Bloody oath it is.

Probably end up with egg on my face, but I don't see the Swans having any trouble tonight.

See Stickers, nothing to worry about ;)

Hard to say because the Swans were very fumbly tonight, but wondering if their footy is better suited away from the SCG?
by JK
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:*Looking for Wubbsy complaining about the umpires*

He has a short memory, if not for the umps assisting the Swans in the 2016 GF the Dogs would have blown them off the park
by JK
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:you didnt make a genuine attempt to keep it in

Semantics I know, but theoretically shouldn't he same principle apply to players who allow it to go out in order to claim the free kick given sometimes they could have also kept the ball in play?
by JK
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This. Is. Awesome
by JK
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Richmond just didn't give up, Port limps across the line just. The Port defence was under the f**king pump there and were outstanding in that last quarter.
Did anyone get sick of Port kicking long down the line as much as I did?
Good first game from Jones.

How clutch has RG been over his whole career?!?! Always a little bit iffy from a set shot, but never when the game is on the line. Both teams take a bow, this is heading toward the Port v Bris rivalry of about 18 year ago
by JK
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 - Game over man Game over!

Pretty much everything that could go wrong for me on the weekend did. Thought I was sitting pretty at halftime of the Port v Rich game with Butters tonning up already, I think less than 1 minute after I backed him for the Brownlow at $101 he went down with injury. Only good news from the weekend is that I didn't burn any trades and with several players mooing and $400k in the bank I should be able to repair and enhance hopefully.
by JK
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Graham Campbell's 2021 Punting Forum

Nephews mate won $50k off $25 last weekend on the Crows v North game. Saw the screenshot and would have thought they were insane putting the bet on (will try and dig it up) .. Apparently did similar the week before. Im going stupid big on my SGM's from now on lol.

Edit: Found it :shock:
by JK
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round V

whufc wrote:Maybe im noticing him more because his in my fantasy teams but geez Jack Steele is a good footballer.

Would be my pick for the Brownlow this season
by JK
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round V

Not allowed I believe I'd imagine a player would have to be registered with a league to be eligible for the MSD???

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk I think it’s because he retired that you can’t nominate for the MSD.
That's how I've interpreted it. It seems like he was unhappy about retiring to make room for some youth and then they go and recruit some 38 year olds.[/quote]

Apparently the AFL could approve it under some "special circumstances" clause they have .. You'd hope they don't though, and I'd hope for the sake of Gaz' legacy he leaves it alone too.
by JK
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: European Super League

I liken it a bit to when Eddie McGuire argued that Collingwoods position as the most watched club should have seen them earn more, rather than sit in a pool that’s distributed equally. The owners, as business people do, are focused only on financial opportunities and their bottom line. That’s the problem, they are businessmen first and foremost and football supporters a very very distant second. Football has been such a booming business, it sold its soul to the devil decades ago through foreign ownership and the greed and corruption of EUFA, FIFA and the FA’s, insane player wages etc.. Well now it’s coming home to roost. You have Real and Barca on the verge of bankruptcy so they’re desperate for this super league to go ahead (or changes to the current setup that massively increase their revenue share). The Yank owners now trying to Americanize a European football competition for their own $elf $erving purposes.

From an article I just read that included comments from an ECA spokesperson, it sounded to me like they’ll try to adapt the current EUFA comps to placate clubs with the bigger global followings to increase their earnings and retain the current setups. Hopefully it’s a case of the owners calling EUFA’s bluff, and all parties reach a happy agreement and we effectively keep what we’ve got.
by JK
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |